Author Topic: Supreme Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage  (Read 113854 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: California Court Affirms Right to Gay Marriage
« Reply #750 on: August 05, 2010, 04:50:50 AM »
Maybe citizens shouldn't bother voting on any subject and judges can make every decision.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #751 on: August 05, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
Wait till gays learn the joy of divorce and family court. 

They will curse this day. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #752 on: August 05, 2010, 08:19:47 AM »
Wait till gays learn the joy of divorce and family court. 

They will curse this day. 

We didn't just arrive from Mars, you know.  We have all grown up in families where these things have happened. ::)

btw, like many straight people, many gays have zero interest in getting married.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #753 on: August 05, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »
So much for the will of the people.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #754 on: August 05, 2010, 08:39:11 AM »
As I said earlier, this isn't the first time this has happened.

The same thing occured with the far-less publicizied Nebraska marriage amendment. A judge called it unconstitutional; but the 8th Circuit Court overturned him and reinstated the amendment.

If the 9th Circuit Court weren't the one looking at the appeal, I'd say it's a lock that Walker gets his decision shot down. But, even with the 9th doing it; i'd say there a 40-45% chance it overturns Walker anyway.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #755 on: August 05, 2010, 08:45:55 AM »
We didn't just arrive from Mars, you know.  We have all grown up in families where these things have happened. ::)

btw, like many straight people, many gays have zero interest in getting married.

I have heard comments from homosexuals that make me believe some of them expect to be immune to the marital problems heterosexual couples experience.  Some of them bring up the divorce rate among heterosexual couples as an argument for homosexual marriage.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #756 on: August 05, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »
I have heard comments from homosexuals that make me believe some of them expect to be immune to the marital problems heterosexual couples experience.  Some of them bring up the divorce rate among heterosexual couples as an argument for homosexual marriage.

Those twinks are even worse.   They will rue the day they asked for this.  morons. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #757 on: August 05, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »

That doesn't make sense, especially if (as has been claimed) gay "marriages" last an average of only a year and a half.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #758 on: August 05, 2010, 09:14:47 AM »
That doesn't make sense, especially if (as has been claimed) gay "marriages" last an average of only a year and a half.

Yup, I've posted articles about homosexual couples who managed to get married in certain states who were soon after their wedding fighting for "the right to gay divorce."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #759 on: August 05, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

apparently most have no interest in equal rights either, just special treatment... ::) ::) ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #760 on: August 05, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »

Didn't the very first couple married in California divorce? I believe they were some disgusting lesbians.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #761 on: August 05, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #762 on: August 05, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »
Never mind. It was Massachusetts.

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=86775

Yup, and that's just one gay couple out of many.  The thing is that many married gay couples are now having legal problems getting divorced.  The state they live in does not recognize their marriage from the state where they got married, thus divorce can't be granted.  So now they are fighting for the right to gay divorce.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #763 on: August 05, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
CT has had gay marriage for at least a year now. Not a damn thing has changed and I even forget it's legal here until I read threads like this. Contrary to popular belief, the state did self-implode when the gays were allowed to marry.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Yup, and that's just one gay couple out of many.  The thing is that many married gay couples are now having legal problems getting divorced.  The state they live in does not recognize their marriage from the state where they got married, thus divorce can't be granted.  So now they are fighting for the right to gay divorce.

They could easily petition the license issuing state for divorce. This more or less looks like a publicity stunt to get attention for their cause.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #765 on: August 05, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »
They could easily petition the license issuing state for divorce. This more or less looks like a publicity stunt to get attention for their cause.

Maybe so.  I just read about it in several different articles.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #766 on: August 05, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »
Here's the full text of the ruling if you are interested (and with 30 pages on the topic of gay marriage, getbig is obviously very interested). ;D

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35374462/Prop-8-Ruling-FINAL

The gay marriage issue is an interesting subject, but the only reason this thread is 31 pages long is you have been bumping the thread for the past two years. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: August 05, 2010, 02:03:33 PM »
surely you jest sir...the gays would never do such a thing...

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #768 on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
surely you jest sir...the gays would never do such a thing...

A fringe of gays being attention whores? Never!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #769 on: August 05, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »
Is it true that the judge who issued this ruling is homosexual? 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: August 05, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Funny thing is I really felt kind of happy for the couple. The media portrayed them as a loving pair who had waited years, blah blah blah, and were finally married. Now it seems pretty apparent that their devotion gay marriage, not the institution itself. Someone truly dedicated to being married (not attention-whoring) should have gone first instead of those who would further cheapen the it.

I do feel it's insane that one's marriage becomes nullified by crossing state lines, though. No heterosexual couple would ever stand for that but getting a divorce just to draw further attention to legal inequities is crass.

It proves what I've been arguing all along, but this is one of those times it would have been better to be wrong. :-\

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #771 on: August 07, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
So much for the will of the people.

dont be naive; the will of the people argument is silly; try the tryanny of the majority over the minority.
On the other hand; if you really want the 'will of the people' then let's revisit/revote about separate but equal and the right for women to vote. Personally, I'd like to own a couple house slaves....
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: August 07, 2010, 05:36:20 PM »
dont be naive; the will of the people argument is silly; try the tryanny of the majority over the minority.
On the other hand; if you really want the 'will of the people' then let's revisit/revote about separate but equal and the right for women to vote. Personally, I'd like to own a couple house slaves....

You'd apparently appreciate the tyranny of a vocal minority more.

Your slavery/suffrage comparison is either intellectually lazy or just plain stupid. Only someone foolish enough to type something like that hoping to make a point would know.

It's almost time for the obligatory "there was a time when blacks and whites couldn't marry" comment. :)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #773 on: August 08, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
It's almost time for the obligatory "there was a time when blacks and whites couldn't marry" comment. :)
thank you; saved me the time to type it.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #774 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »
thank you; saved me the time to type it.

You're very welcome. :)