Author Topic: Went from all this to just subutex and a little xanax  (Read 20680 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Went from all this to just subutex and a little xanax
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »

only on GB will you find a guy who freely admits to shooting up, and be perfectly matter-of-fact abt the whole thing.
b

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
My pain management doc put me on Kadian at the first of the year for my chronic back pain. 5 major surgeries already gone through. Kadian is considered a designer morphine and it has worked better than anything I have ever taken in the 30+ years of taking pain meds. Yes, my liver is pretty fucked but at least I can function day to day.  ;)

damn kadian? I rember my junkie friends use to drool over that stuff.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
I quit a heroin addiction of two bundles a day with at least a couple grams of coke daily and a healthy amount of xanax along with more than a few Roxycodone through the day and adderall (ampjhetamine salt IR) and 2-3 packs of cigarettres daily

this is not a joke. there were two occasions where i woke up roughly 5 seconds (guessing) from having died in my sleep, gasping for breathe as if i were about to drown, and the dream--in the dream, I was aware i was about to die.

i was coughing up blood (from likely the cigarettes but i'm sure the alcohol mixed with the MASSIVE drug intake had something to do with it) and i only ate ice cream sandwiches for one month.

i didn't leave my gigantic loft duplex on park avenue in BROOKLYN (not park ave manhattan... very different) for ONE MONTH other than to: (1) go to work-- i was STILL managing to hold my job down in finance despite going days without proper sleep and being a total mess and incomprehensible drug addict (2) see this moldovan 10/10 i will say had become my girlfriend and she had TRIED to help me but she would also steal from me (money and shit like that) (3) go upstairs to fuck my neighbor on the 5th floor who was a total amphetamine addict but she was hot as hell and slightly dumb and from literally americano royalty status family (she had nno idea the depth of drug addiction i was in ).

so basically i weaned off the drugs slowly after spending so muh money many here won't comprehend

had a lot of relapses

kept my job somehow although they knew

whatever whatever... didn't go to rehab. had a seizure. the withdrawal process took literally 2 months and i took leave from work and wound up in a cabin in the northeast

today, years years years later, i will occasionally do a line of coke (like ... very infrequently.. let's say once every 2 months i'll buy a gram).

and i do no other drugs whatsoever. not even weed. i drink a lot though. so there's no shame to admitting it. drug addiction happens. and a lot of us die and a lot of us kick that shit. period. i got off healthy, and wiser because of my struggle. and i'm active in N/A to fuck random girls from it

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2014, 12:38:48 PM »
damn kadian? I rember my junkie friends use to drool over that stuff.

Really? It is a fairly new drug from what I was told. There is no generic. It is also a time release which people that use pain meds for a buzz go for instant release. I am always in pretty severe pain which is why I do not get the slightest buzz from them. 50mg 2x a day.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
Really? It is a fairly new drug from what I was told. There is no generic. It is also a time release which people that use pain meds for a buzz go for instant release. I am always in pretty severe pain which is why I do not get the slightest buzz from them. 50mg 2x a day.

They open up the capsule and crush the breeds inside. It then becomes instant realase.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2014, 12:48:48 PM »
I quit a heroin addiction of two bundles a day with at least a couple grams of coke daily and a healthy amount of xanax along with more than a few Roxycodone through the day and adderall (ampjhetamine salt IR) and 2-3 packs of cigarettres daily

this is not a joke. there were two occasions where i woke up roughly 5 seconds (guessing) from having died in my sleep, gasping for breathe as if i were about to drown, and the dream--in the dream, I was aware i was about to die.

i was coughing up blood (from likely the cigarettes but i'm sure the alcohol mixed with the MASSIVE drug intake had something to do with it) and i only ate ice cream sandwiches for one month.

i didn't leave my gigantic loft duplex on park avenue in BROOKLYN (not park ave manhattan... very different) for ONE MONTH other than to: (1) go to work-- i was STILL managing to hold my job down in finance despite going days without proper sleep and being a total mess and incomprehensible drug addict (2) see this moldovan 10/10 i will say had become my girlfriend and she had TRIED to help me but she would also steal from me (money and shit like that) (3) go upstairs to fuck my neighbor on the 5th floor who was a total amphetamine addict but she was hot as hell and slightly dumb and from literally americano royalty status family (she had nno idea the depth of drug addiction i was in ).

so basically i weaned off the drugs slowly after spending so muh money many here won't comprehend

had a lot of relapses

whatever whatever... didn't go to rehab. had a seizure. the withdrawal process took literally 2 months and i took leave from work and wound up in a cabin in the northeast

today, years years years later, i will occasionally do a line of coke (like ... very infrequently.. let's say once every 2 months i'll buy a gram).

and i do no other drugs whatsoever. not even weed. i drink a lot though. so there's no shame to admitting it. drug addiction happens. and a lot of us die and a lot of us kick that shit. period. i got off healthy, and wiser because of my struggle. and i'm active in N/A to fuck random girls from it

Looking back at it, all in all i consider my drug addiction a very useful experience... I was never a train wreck, did coke, ecstasy, acids, heroin only smoked for few years, being off for about 8 years now... Never liked weed or hashish, hated the effect of being very hungry and plodding around, never ever did crack or other similar destroying drugs...

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
Good luck!  Wishing you the best!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »
They open up the capsule and crush the breeds inside. It then becomes instant realase.

Damn, I will try that tonight!!  ;D  Thanks!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »

had a lot of relapses

Seems like you have put your body through hell. Glad to read that you are doing better, but you might be playing with fire still since you aren't really drug free....alcohol and coke being drugs. Maybe someday, you will give those up too.

whitewidow

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2014, 03:11:42 AM »

had a lot of relapses

Ive been there myself. I never speedballed but it would be normal for me to put on 2x 100mg fentnyl patches,still snort oxycontin back when it was abusable,smoke oxycontin,take a shitload of xanax.some days I would shoot heroin and snort and smoke oxycontin and take xanax pretty much as low as anybody could get but i was making loot! I never payed for any of my drugs i got most of them prescribed except the heroin and i would get crazy amounts,(my street value of prescription drugs was over 10,000$ sometimes way more(lets's just say I never had to steal anything from family or friends, I would pay my rent all my bills use alot of drugs but still would put away 10k-15K some months..

The only thing iIhad to buy was heroin and it is cheap where i live we just get mexican black tar and an ounce is cheap for heroin however it's purity is at most 25-30%.  several times I have passed out even just standing there waiting to take a piss. Ive fallen through the shower door before when I would try to take a shower to come out of a nodding phase. I have almost died on sveral occasions but with the help with subutex and yes i still take xanax I am in a way better situation then I was.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2014, 03:17:00 AM »

had a lot of relapses

this comes as a total surprise!

whitewidow

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2014, 03:18:32 AM »
An addict or an alcoholic can't use any drugs. Period. You're either sober or you're not. If you're doing xanax you will be off and running again in no time. I've seen it hundreds of times.

bro you might be somewhat right but there is no coming off of xanax! you can taper down but quiting xanax is very dangerous. All I can say is using subutex rather then heroin or oxycodone 30mg tabs 9 tabs a day is alot better. so basically I went from a shitload of dangerous drugs in crazy amounts to just 4-8mg of subutex daily and 4-6mg of xanax daily.
no of course I am not 100% sober and I probably will never be but I can promise you i won't be using heroin ever again or methadone.

I will probably need subutex for a little while and probably won't ever get off xanax I still ocassionally use roxy 30's but believe me I was pretty close to dying so i will take the progress I made and be very proud of it.

You have to realize you just can;t stop using xanax and when your using potent opiates your going to need subutex or suboxone for a little while if you don;t do that you will definately 100% relapse but with subutex and suboxone you have a chance and life on them is not bad. So many people use subutex or suboxone and you would have no clue.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2014, 03:33:59 AM »
I starting using herion about 13 months ago, tried to tell myself it was for my sciatic nerve that left me sleepless and in sever pain, I never shot it but snorted it like cocaine. I started suboxone 2 months ago or so and been ok but had a backslide 3 weeks ago with some heroin,just did it one night and that was it,but I went to a guy I know who sells methadone real cheap and bought a bunch of wafers and been ok since,i take enough to kill the heroin cravings but not enough to walk around like a zombie.i take Xanax also,1mg a day,i break each football into 4 pieces(.25) and I take that spread out thru out the day,that comes out to 1mg.  I was drug free from 92 till 2007 and fucked up again then,im ok again and that's all that counts.reason I was doing heroin a lot also was id go to Camden,nj and these huge dimes and sell them in Delaware for 25$ bags and these idiots where buying tons of em, basically meaning id get all mine for free and still made money off the deal,just say I went and picked up some guy 30 bags, id give the dealer 270$ cause he always cut me a deal when I spent that kind of money,then id buy another 10bgs for me so that was 370$ total. id walk away with 380 profit plus my stash. its a shady way to make money and im glad im away from it all and just working everyday
R

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:08 PM »
Wow, you guys have been through a lot. I wish you success in your efforts to get and stay clean.

About two weeks ago, I decided with some prodding from my family to stop drinking scotch. Actually for now, I am not drinking any alcoholic beverages, just to insure I don't backslide. My problem is that if I buy a fifth of scotch, I will drink 1/2 to 3/4 of it over the course of an evening. I don't get drunk and I don't have hang overs (which is actually not helpful when wanting to quit).

The alcohol was adversely affecting my heart by raising my blood pressure and pulse. As it turns out the alcohol may have been aggravating the numbness I have in my right foot from sciatica because it has gotten noticeably better since I quit drinking.

Mentally, I'd often be depressed the next day. I was also feeling a lot of anxiety which the alcohol seemed to calm down. My doctor has prescribed Venlafaxine for the anxiety, which is helping. I have been taking a low dose of Trazodone (25 mg) to insure I mostly sleep through the night. Without it, I wake up every hour.

I hate the idea of taking meds for anything, much less to keep me functioning relatively normally. Whenever I've had surgeries, put my back out or otherwise had pain and my doctor prescribed pain meds, I avoided taking them, much to his chagrin. I hate not being in control and pain meds definitely make me feel out of control.

I realize now that alcohol was causing me to not be in total control of my actions. I would often say things that I normally would not say to people when sober. Like my daughter told me, I am a totally different person when I am sober. Hopefully, I am a better person when not drinking.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
Interesting stories - glad I never succumbed to the substances mentioned. My best friend was a junky and has been on methadone for around 14+ years and I had ample chance to judge for myself if such a thing is worth it.
I really like Cannabis but this is of course not a drug to be dependent on unless you're very weak.
If I had unlimited funds I would be strongly eyeballing a coke/heroin feel good therapy but I guess I wouldn't survive it.

Good luck to all.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »

had a lot of relapses

wow the part where u said u woke up gasping for air sounds like what happened to me afew times,i remember I was drowning in my dream and I woke up,actually jumped up trying to suck in air as hard as possible cause I couldn't breath,it was scariest fucking feeling ive ever had to this point in my life. when I was using the heroin I was taking Xanax and drinking also,my respitory system got slow as fuch at times. im glad im ok lately but everything could turn into a nightmare again in a blink of an eye of u aint careful people,trust me.
R

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
Honestly man, from my heart, well done. Overcoming addiction is so hard. Those who have never experienced it can't imagine it. Cut all contacts if you can with those who supplied and try get 100% clean (I'm using alcohol too much to cover old problems).

PM me if ever have issues.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2014, 06:56:18 PM »
Whitewidow is a top Getbigger, today I send all my good energy his way.
Those Benzo's are fucken brutal.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »
there is no coming off of xanax!

Why? Not a lot of fun, but it can be done.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »
some great stories...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2014, 11:31:52 PM »
Subutex is great when yoi want to quit opiates...my doctor msde me a tramadol junkie cayse my back and neck is hurting all the time..after 8 months on that i quit cold turkey and got subutex for the first 2 weekd...worked like a charm

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2014, 01:01:52 AM »

quote]

I had a similar experience, got on suboxone a few years back, quite recreational drinking and any other drugs and it saved my fucking life!  $320 worth of Oxys/Roxi's EOD up my nose...that's an expensive habit to break!

I'm actually wrestling with the idea of HRT, even doctor prescribed, since it will just lead me to more steroids/test in the pursuit of my addictions.

For me, it's abstinence from everything (coffee and skoal aside).

My hat is off to all GB recovering addicts/alcoholics.

And if you think you may have a problem I'm sure many of the people with experience on this forum would be happy to help. 

This is literally the only thing I take serious these days.  My wife's a girl and my newborn daughters turning into a real bitch!   Carry on

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2014, 02:45:49 AM »

absolutely,ive done it afew times when I had to start a new job and had to take piss test,i cycled it down each week lower and lower till I was done,its good to take a barbiturate while u r doing it just incase to prevent seizures,my doc told me since im only doing 1mg a day I shouldn't have a seizure tho,he said people using 6 to 9 mgs a day have to b careful
R

whitewidow

« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2014, 06:06:59 AM »
not when your taking 6mg a day for 7 years no way in hell that can be done. You can taper down or switch to say valium or klonopin at a lower dose but no way you could just get off benzos after that high of a daily dosage and live a normal life it really fucks up how your brain works once you have been on it for that long. It would be too dangerous. now tapering down is def possible but quiting for good no way!anybody who says they have taken xanax for 7 years at 6 mg daily and got off of them and isn;t using any other benzos is lying or taking some other kind of medication. not possible. 99% of people could not do that maybe there is that 1% but I even doubt that.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
not when your taking 6mg a day for 7 years no way in hell that can be done. You can taper down or switch to say valium or klonopin at a lower dose but no way you could just get off benzos after that high of a daily dosage and live a normal life it really fucks up how your brain works once you have been on it for that long. It would be too dangerous. now tapering down is def possible but quiting for good no way!anybody who says they have taken xanax for 7 years at 6 mg daily and got off of them and isn;t using any other benzos is lying or taking some other kind of medication. not possible. 99% of people could not do that maybe there is that 1% but I even doubt that.

Eh, just quit. Your body will revert back to normal eventually. Most people are weak-willed, and simply cant handle feeling like shit for an extended period of time.