Author Topic: since my delts are really under developed, what am i doing wrong?  (Read 109053 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: since my delts are really under developed, what am i doing wrong?
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »
My delts are my best bodypart, and I strictly use "pussy ass weights" for delt workouts. I'm 5'10 230 at 10% bodyfat as well.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2013, 10:59:28 PM »
what are pussyass weights exactly?

fyi, all upper body compound moves ie. benches, dips, rows, pulldowns/pullups strongly involve the delts

this dude used massive fucking weights and check out his fucking density

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »
yep, but you can't lift pussyass weights and have a jacked physique, just not possible

do you think this dude lifted pussyass weights?

hell no he didn't

So busy arguing your point and yet the photo you posted isn't displayed. I don't know what this fellow actually lifted, do you?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #428 on: September 07, 2013, 01:07:38 AM »
he claimed he lifted heavy and i believe him

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2013, 01:44:57 AM »
what are pussyass weights exactly?

fyi, all upper body compound moves ie. benches, dips, rows, pulldowns/pullups strongly involve the delts

this dude used massive fucking weights and check out his fucking density

dj...don´t even argue with a guy like chiro...his physique and YOURS is like day and Night.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
just for you dj...your delts are hit with other moves all the time as you rightly pointed out but why hammer them again ? i like normally 3 moves for delts, 3-4 sets. if i feel like higher reps i do it. I go by feel on the Day. Not licking Chiros ass here but he IS advanced and Trains accordingly. I wish i had his delts.
http://bodybuilding-mauritius.blogspot.de/2013/03/the-iron-guru-series-gironda-shoulder.html

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2013, 02:02:06 AM »
A lot of guys with huge shoulders train them with light lateral raises only due to the tremendous amount of indirect work they recieve.
A fey great trainers swear by this approach.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2013, 03:14:50 AM »
dj...don´t even argue with a guy like chiro...his physique and YOURS is like day and Night.

it doesn't matter who has the better physique

he takes more drugs and has better "size" genetics than me

here's the point... your muscles WILL NOT GET BIGGER UNLESS A HEAVIER TRAINING LOAD IS IMPOSED UPON THEM

listen, my training loads have hardly gone up, hence why i'm not much bigger but.... if my training loads would some how go up then yes, i would be bigger

christ dude! just coz i talk about increased training loads does not mean that i've done it myself duh!!!

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:09 AM »

here's the point... your muscles WILL NOT GET BIGGER UNLESS A HEAVIER TRAINING LOAD IS IMPOSED UPON THEM

listen, my training loads have hardly gone up, hence why i'm not much bigger but.... if my training loads would some how go up then yes, i would be bigger

christ dude! just coz i talk about increased training loads does not mean that i've done it myself duh!!!

Try a cycle of german volume training and see for yourself that increased load is not the ONLY way to get bigger.
Volume is important to as is increasing the load in good form once your body has adapted and finds the current load easy.
I like you believe streght gains are important but optimal volume is also important and there is always more than one way to skin a cat

[/quote]

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #434 on: September 07, 2013, 04:11:59 AM »
he claimed he lifted heavy and i believe him

a lot of bber are full of shit, cant take their claims for granted

Shawn Ray: Give me some of the best poundage’s you've lifted: Bench- Shoulder Press- Squat- Biceps Curl?

Victor Richards:I have bench pressed between 550 on incline bench and 600+ pounds flat bench; 200 pounds on dumbbell press. I’ve done shoulder presses in the range of 450 pounds; squatted nearly 900 pounds, as well I’ve done barbell curls up to 315 pounds and I never liked using a belt or knee wraps.

sure  ::)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #435 on: September 07, 2013, 04:13:27 AM »
Try a cycle of german volume training and see for yourself that increased load is not the ONLY way to get bigger.
Volume is important to as is increasing the load in good form once your body has adapted and finds the current load easy.
I like you believe streght gains are important but optimal volume is also important and there is always more than one way to skin a cat

Good Post...i agree 100%. dj is a good guy just a bit too much influence from AJ...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #436 on: September 07, 2013, 04:16:42 AM »

but even with German volume training you still gotta increase your training loads right?

if i could get away with squatting 115 for 10 sets of 10 (and never adding more weight to the bar) while continuing to bigger wheels from it, then i'd be all for it ;D

and btw, i can maybe squat 135 for 10 reps til failure lol so 10x10 with 115 with 90 second rest btw sets would be some damn hard work for me

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #437 on: September 07, 2013, 04:18:43 AM »
a lot of bber are full of shit, cant take their claims for granted

Shawn Ray: Give me some of the best poundage’s you've lifted: Bench- Shoulder Press- Squat- Biceps Curl?

Victor Richards:I have bench pressed between 550 on incline bench and 600+ pounds flat bench; 200 pounds on dumbbell press. I’ve done shoulder presses in the range of 450 pounds; squatted nearly 900 pounds, as well I’ve done barbell curls up to 315 pounds and I never liked using a belt or knee wraps.

sure  ::)

agreed

and don't make me find and post up casey v's (God rest his soul) claimed training poundages

i remember that his claimed bench was 350 for 20 reps and curl was 185 or maybe even 225 for 20 reps

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #438 on: September 07, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »
one of the first things i tell Young Boys in the Gym is... wipe your arse with the Bodybuilding mags and think for yourself and Train with controllable poundages and proper form... i laughed at a guy yesterday doing like a "crab" pose while Training on the Butterfly machine.. it was fucking funny but i showed him correct form and surprise surprise he had to drop weight. A Trainer in another Gym here showed him this(what he said).. made me think ...must have been a real Clown.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #439 on: September 07, 2013, 04:28:13 AM »

oops!

just read your post in whole and the answer was there already, so ignore my earlier post

yep, i'm sometimes kinda emotional and not too bright lol

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2013, 04:38:14 AM »
but even with German volume training you still gotta increase your training loads right?

if i could get away with squatting 115 for 10 sets of 10 (and never adding more weight to the bar) while continuing to bigger wheels from it, then i'd be all for it ;D

and btw, i can maybe squat 135 for 10 reps til failure lol so 10x10 with 115 with 90 second rest btw sets would be some damn hard work for me

true part of GVT is trying to increase loads but the majority of the gains in size that the routine is kniw for come firstly in the first few weeks as your body adapts to the volume then again as you deload and the body de-fatigues from the six weeks of volume. The 10 to 20lbs added to the bar over the six weeks contributes very little.

I for years also followed the one set to failure mentality and it does work to a degree. After making the switch to 3 to 5 sets using the same weight and backing off the poundage every now and then and working back up to a slightly higher peak that i started to see better gains.
As a bonus you can train more frequently and dont have to be sore all the time.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:23 AM »
well lets face it pounding your shoulders heavy all the time will not get you far in the Long run...injuries soon will come and your gains will grind to a halt along with your Joints... ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #442 on: September 07, 2013, 04:44:42 AM »
some very intelligent Posts from Bass.... :)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: September 07, 2013, 05:10:31 AM »
some very intelligent Posts from Bass.... :)

thanks mate

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #444 on: September 07, 2013, 05:25:21 AM »

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #445 on: September 07, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »
My delts are my best bodypart, and I strictly use "pussy ass weights" for delt workouts.

x2

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #446 on: September 07, 2013, 07:13:52 AM »
x2
I'VE BEEN RUNNING THE RACK ON RAISES LAST FEW SHOULDER WORKOUTS AND GETTING WICKED PUMPS AND EVEN PRESSING AT THE END WITH AS MUCH WEIGHT AS I COULD DO FOR 10/12 AND USING AS CLOSE TO SAME WEIGHT I WOULD START WITH FRESH PRESSING 1ST,BODY ADAPTS TO CHANGES PRETTY QUICK.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #447 on: September 07, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »
I'VE BEEN RUNNING THE RACK ON RAISES LAST FEW SHOULDER WORKOUTS AND GETTING WICKED PUMPS AND EVEN PRESSING AT THE END WITH AS MUCH WEIGHT AS I COULD DO FOR 10/12 AND USING AS CLOSE TO SAME WEIGHT I WOULD START WITH FRESH PRESSING 1ST,BODY ADAPTS TO CHANGES PRETTY QUICK.

It does right...

Seems you switch up things quite often in your routine. Pretty smart thing to do imo,...I like to do the same not so much for muscle building/recovery purposes but just cause doing the same stuff over and over gets so damn boring. One should enjoy the gym...

I get that some guys are more into poundages but in that case it would make more sense to train as a powerlifter. 

And dj181 please don't respond to this post...its not meant for you seriously. We've been over this a million times before lol.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: September 07, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »

To be honest, your opinion on max weight loads for delts would be more meaningful and acceptable if you'd actually given this a try. Not that I am encouraging you to do so because if you are not used to using heavy resistance you are all the more prone to injury. This is particularly true of delts.

I have gone heavy on the overhead press many times and for extended periods. My personal experience is that the results are not worth the risk. I have also used heavier weights when doing laterals, especially rear laterals which for some reason I'm pretty strong on. When the weights are heavy, my form isn't as good, the reps are much lower, I don't get the burn and the results aren't as noticeable. I am trying to build a nice rounded three muscle cap on my delts. On myself and on others who work delts heavy, you don't see this a much as with those who fine tune them with lighter resistance, more controlled movements and higher reps.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #449 on: September 07, 2013, 08:26:22 AM »
Who knew delts were such a hot topic ???

For bbing purposes, medium weight/higher rep range seems best for size. For strength purposes, heavy weights/low reps mixed with light weight/high reps.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!