Author Topic: Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'  (Read 14692 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
How do you know that?  

You're kidding, right?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
TU:  What about this Gem? 

The fact that some delinquent like this supports a polotician should clue  you in pretty quick to what the politician stands for.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman

Hey Geniuses!!! (Coach, Body, and Danny)

THE WOMAN DID NOT SAY OBAMA WAS PAYING HER MORTGAGE!

God Damn you're all idiots.

She said, she didn't feel she would "HAVE TO WORRY" about those things with Obama becoming President.

Stop fucking spinning it.

She did not say, on any level, that Obama was paying for it.

Fuck you guys for outright lies.

Unless you're attempting to be sarcastic...I have no clue how to respond to your post. But I'll play anyway... The woman was implying that she would not have to worry about paying her mortgage...and there is room for interpretation there, maybe she meant she will get a job and given the shitty state of our economy at the time it would not surprise me if she was unemployed already....or maybe she was thinking the government will take over her mortgage or whatever... something like that in which case she's still a complete idiot IMO. you decide .... ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Unless you're attempting to be sarcastic...I have no clue how to respond to your post. But I'll play anyway... The woman was implying that she would not have to worry about paying her mortgage...and there is room for interpretation there, maybe she meant she will get a job and given the shitty state of our economy at the time it would not surprise me if she was unemployed already....or maybe she was thinking the government will take over her mortgage or whatever... something like that in which case she's still a complete idiot IMO. you decide .... ;)

Not really, Obama is already giving her free healthcare and now if she defaults on her mortgage, the taxpayer is going to fund the mortgage rehab plan.  Also, under the crap & tax plan of Obama, low income people get subsidies to offset the electric rates skyrocketing as Obama said they would.

so actually, its we people who go to work and try to maintain a middle class lifestlye that are the idiots, not Peggy, Julio, or Henrietta, since they are going to get our wealth redistributed to themselves.   ;D   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
She did say, "Is it too late to vote for the white guy?"

That shit was hilarious.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
According to the Social Security administrator, the medium American wage for 2008 was 41,000.00.  This means the middle class occupy +/- $10,000 on each side.  Lower middle class @ 30,000.00 and upper middle class in the $50 to 100,000 range.  By the government statistics "wealthy" would start around $125,000.00.  Now this is the medium for all Americans regardless of regional cost of living differences.  Obviously $125,000 a year means a great deal more in Lousiana then it does in New York.

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/AWI.html

that is all we need, argument over, coach and desolate can try and convince everyone here that the regular American makes 80 K plus a year, but the facts don't back up their arguments.  The reason coach and desolate want to convince all the middle class people to be against this bill is because they don't want their taxes higher, they are simply looking out for their own asses.

jt
TEAM Nasser

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
that is all we need, argument over, coach and desolate can try and convince everyone here that the regular American makes 80 K plus a year, but the facts don't back up their arguments.  The reason coach and desolate want to convince all the middle class people to be against this bill is because they don't want their taxes higher, they are simply looking out for their own asses.

jt

How about this....The "wealthy" get taxed so much that they turn into "middle class" now who is going to foot the bill for the extra money needed. The American dream is being disolved as we speak. No one will want to make more money in America due to the government taking so much of it away that you might as well not made it in the first place.

I live close to communities that all they do is take advantage of these government programs and still do nothing to improve themselves. It is ridiculous that we keep giving them handouts and they do nothing to improve their living situation; just say "Thank you, may I have another"? BS all the way around.
You Can't Do It!!!

StuartR

• Getbig III
Even if you ascribe no moral value to helping the less fortunate, the rich have an instrumental obligation to pay a larger share of taxes because the state does more to protect their "right" to be rich. The state's law enforcement apparatus is proportionally much more important to an individual making 300k/year than to an individual making 30k/year, due to the value of their respective property that the state protects through its monopoly on violence. Hope this helps.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

How about this....The "wealthy" get taxed so much that they turn into "middle class" now who is going to foot the bill for the extra money needed. The American dream is being disolved as we speak. No one will want to make more money in America due to the government taking so much of it away that you might as well not made it in the first place.

I live close to communities that all they do is take advantage of these government programs and still do nothing to improve themselves. It is ridiculous that we keep giving them handouts and they do nothing to improve their living situation; just say "Thank you, may I have another"? BS all the way around.

I dont know much, but thats bullshit, because no one is gonna say, I dont want to make more money if your going to take more... Even if the gov takes more, you still have more money in your pocket. Who is gonna say, "No, im not gonna make more, even if I pocket more, just because the government is going to take a higher percentage from me?"

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
I dont know much, but thats bullshit, because no one is gonna say, I dont want to make more money if your going to take more... Even if the gov takes more, you still have more money in your pocket. Who is gonna say, "No, im not gonna make more, even if I pocket more, just because the government is going to take a higher percentage from me?"

Everyone is complaining now, but people are worried that the taxes will get so bad that 70% of your income will be taken. So, you make $100,000, but only get to keep 30%. Is that fair?
You Can't Do It!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Am I supposed to believe the stats coming from an administration that's damn near bankrupt?? Are you serious??

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
When you add up the cumulative effect of cap & trade, VAT, health care, end of the bush tax cuts, etc, there is no other conclusion other than that this admn is on tax hike crack. 

leadhead

• Getbig III
I'm not reading through the whole thread but just the first few pages ;D

OBAMA= one term Pres. for sure (THANK GOD ;))

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
When you add up the cumulative effect of cap & trade, VAT, health care, end of the bush tax cuts, etc, there is no other conclusion other than that this admn is on tax hike crack.  

maybe for the rich, not for the middle class 30 - 50 k a year, you know the regular working american.  Also many people on here have been making a mistake, probably I'll informed and actually this is what it is called, you have been calling it "cap and tax" it's real name is Cap and Trade,  just letting you know you have been making a grammar mistake.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did you ever see this?  Wake the hell up dude and drop the kneepads.  Obama is a thief, a liar, a fraud, a marxist, an incompetent, an empty suit, and NWO shill. 

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Am I supposed to believe the stats coming from an administration that's damn near bankrupt?? Are you serious??

All the 'stats' and 'facts' in the world couldn't influence your 'steroided' brain.  They are all part of a vast conspiracy to defraud you from your money!  Only you and your friends at Fox news have the truth!
You know what you believe to be true and that's all that matters...what you 'believe'.  I can see why you make such a good robot, I mean christian...

In the meantime why don't you choke on this one from proverbs 24:21  "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

That means Obama, Social Security and the current tax setup is God's will.  Now stfu and pay your taxes sinner.  ;D

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
All the 'stats' and 'facts' in the world couldn't influence your 'steroided' brain.  They are all part of a vast conspiracy to defraud you from your money!  Only you and your friends at Fox news have the truth!
You know what you believe to be true and that's all that matters...what you 'believe'.  I can see why you make such a good robot, I mean christian...

In the meantime why don't you choke on this one from proverbs 24:21  "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

That means Obama, Social Security and the current tax setup is God's will.  Now stfu and pay your taxes sinner.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

y19mike77

• Getbig II
Hahahah, this is a perfect example of the type of people who want the successful to fund their lazy asses.

Why doesn't this skank enroll in a community college, get a job and make something of herself?

Prob a relative of wiggs.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs

beautiful

TEAM Nasser

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
CHARLOTTE - Even by President Obama's loquacious standards, an answer he gave here on health care Friday was a doozy.

Toward the end of a question-and-answer session with workers at an advanced battery technology manufacturer, a woman named Doris stood to ask the president whether it was a "wise decision to add more taxes to us with the health care" package.

"We are over-taxed as it is," Doris said bluntly.

Obama started out feisty. "Well, let's talk about that, because this is an area where there's been just a whole lot of misinformation, and I'm going to have to work hard over the next several months to clean up a lot of the misapprehensions that people have," the president said.

He then spent the next 17 minutes and 12 seconds lulling the crowd into a daze. His discursive answer - more than 2,500 words long -- wandered from topic to topic, including commentary on the deficit, pay-as-you-go rules passed by Congress, Congressional Budget Office reports on Medicare waste, COBRA coverage, the Recovery Act and Federal Medical Assistance Percentages (he referred to this last item by its inside-the-Beltway name, "F-Map"). He talked about the notion of eliminating foreign aid (not worth it, he said). He invoked Warren Buffett, earmarks and the payroll tax that funds Medicare (referring to it, in fluent Washington lingo, as "FICA").

Always fond of lists, Obama ticked off his approach to health care -- twice. "Number one is that we are the only -- we have been, up until last week, the only advanced country that allows 50 million of its citizens to not have any health insurance," he said.

A few minutes later he got to the next point, which seemed awfully similar to the first. "Number two, you don't know who might end up being in that situation," he said, then carried on explaining further still.

"Point number three is that the way insurance companies have been operating, even if you've got health insurance you don't always know what you got, because what has been increasingly the practice is that if you're not lucky enough to work for a big company that is a big pool, that essentially is almost a self-insurer, then what's happening is, is you're going out on the marketplace, you may be buying insurance, you think you're covered, but then when you get sick they decide to drop the insurance right when you need it," Obama continued, winding on with the answer.

Halfway through, an audience member on the riser yawned.

But Obama wasn't finished. He had a "final point," before starting again with another list -- of three points.

"What we said is, number one, we'll have the basic principle that everybody gets coverage," he said, before launching into the next two points, for a grand total of seven.

His wandering approach might not matter if Obama weren't being billed as the chief salesman of the health-care overhaul. Public opinion on the bill remains divided, and Democratic officials are planning to send Obama into the country to persuade wary citizens that it will work for them in the long run.

It was not evident that he changed any minds at Friday's event. The audience sat politely, but people in the back of the room began to wander off.

Even Obama seemed to recognize that he had gone on too long. He apologized -- in keeping with the spirit of the moment, not once, but twice. "Boy, that was a long answer. I'm sorry," he said, drawing nervous laughter that sounded somewhat like relief as he wrapped up.

But, he said: "I hope I answered your question."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/04/obamas-17-minute-2500-word-res.html
typical politician shit, when in doubt bore the shit out of people so they'll just slowly leave without really accomplishing anything of value.
F

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Even if you ascribe no moral value to helping the less fortunate, the rich have an instrumental obligation to pay a larger share of taxes because the state does more to protect their "right" to be rich. The state's law enforcement apparatus is proportionally much more important to an individual making 300k/year than to an individual making 30k/year, due to the value of their respective property that the state protects through its monopoly on violence. Hope this helps.

x2!
TEAM Nasser

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

So you believe SS and the other government ran programs are doing just fine? Your liberal mind is as skewed as Obamas.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Every brain dead liberal moron should see this site and explain to me how we pay this off:

www.usdebtclock.org

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
You fucking idiots complain that he uses the teleprompter too much....lol.

After the fucking idiot you had in the White House before Obama you nimcumpoots have no room to talk.  If that's the best you can do it's pretty pathetic.

You fucks are done for a while and the Dems are waiting for you idiots to try and  repeal this bill, cause you'll look like morons.   There's already a memo out for repubs to take credit for key portions of the bill that they ALL voted against...LOL.

Republicans are so predictable...
kia will never win the olympia.

StuartR

• Getbig III
Every brain dead liberal moron should see this site and explain to me how we pay this off:

www.usdebtclock.org

irony alert