Author Topic: List some things bb's think are HARDCORE  (Read 9500 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: List some things bb's think are HARDCORE
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »
AHAHAHAAHAH!!!   Yes Dingleberry, I'm also guilty of the black gloves and severe overtraining....it was only after I backed off my training a bit that I suddenly put on a buncha size....who'da thunk? 

FYI ~ I retired the black gloves after 1 month of use after I realized no one but me was wearing them.....well, me and the tiny tits LOL!!!

That was you? Man, I still wear mine... Unless It's back day... then I may need some straps.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2007, 02:29:33 PM »
 Well said!

I used to frown upon the man with the job, family, kids etc...

I used to bang my head against the wall and wonder how the fawk this guy doesn't have an intense desire to have 20'' calves and 19'' arms.

How could this guy be HAPPY that his wife is pregnant? That means less money, less sleep and more time away from the 'lifestyle'.

Bodybuilding could take people to extreme ways of thinking and wreck a man personally, socially, financially and emotionally.
?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »
Well said!

I used to frown upon the man with the job, family, kids etc...

I used to bang my head against the wall and wonder how the fawk this guy doesn't have an intense desire to have 20'' calves and 19'' arms.

How could this guy be HAPPY that his wife is pregnant? That means less money, less sleep and more time away from the 'lifestyle'.

Bodybuilding could take people to extreme ways of thinking and wreck a man personally, socially, financially and emotionally.

I used to be just like this... I'm older, hopefully a bit wiser, and definitely grateful for my 2 kids... they are the best.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »
I can say from personal experience that if you're some young 20-something guy that says, "I'll never stop bb like this,"  you'll be wrong, unless you have no other goals and life and do nothing but train and "bodybuild".

Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure as hell not saying to stop training and "livin the lifestyle", but don't think that you'll be able to maintain it forever without some form of consequence or regret.   I absolutely love to train and have trained "hardcore" for years LOL!!   Still, life will catch up so don't get so engrossed in the bb lifestyle that you're hit with a very difficult "rude awakening".

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2007, 04:06:46 PM »
 I feel ya, MOS!

It took me YEARS to put the issue of 'I am so much better than everyone...everyone els is ORDINARY...I'm different/unique, I eat right and train...I would be an awesome catch for any chick...look at my chest...only people who hate themselves would ever drink a can of Pepsi and drink beer and eat McDonalds...hahahahaha.. .I'm superior...I eat tuna and grilled chicken breast'  away about...2 years ago.

I literally convinced myself that EVERYONE who wasnt a hardcore BB were just wastes of oxygen and a waste of time. Their life meant nothing. The guy in the lab trying to find a cure for cancer? hahaha...wahtever...p-ssy probably couldnt squat 135! The single mom working 2 jobs and putting herslef through school eating macaroni for breakfast/lunch and dinner? hahahaha...fat bitch will never know the secrets of weight loss and carbohydrates and its role in     the human body. The fireman shown on the cover of the news-paper carrying down a child from a ladder out of a burning bulding? Hahahaha...whatever! If he trained hard he could have carried out two children.

I finally let that go. A small part of me still fears...still dreads the day when I walk away from this completely and 'shrink' and blend in the crowd. The day people STOP asking me questions and STOP noticing I 'wok out' is a day i so fear. I'd be 'ordinary' then right?

It's a little different cuz I do compete, MOS but I still understand what you mean. My gym. Across the street there is a liquor store. I used to hope and wait/look forward seeing my peers, people I grew up with, people I know/recognize from the neighborhood on a Friday night go in and walk out w/ cases of BudLite to their cars while I was in the gym. I'd say to myself..."Hahahaha...YES! Good! Drink up! Then after beer drinking go to White Castles and eat until you explode then go to sleep...I'll be in here squatting and leg pressing until 10pm"

I used to see a McDonalds commercial for the new 'sandwich' and think..."YES! Thats right people...run out and buy that and get a McFlury to wash it down...good, I'll be eating this tuna/brown rice! I'm too good for that! I'll look better then they will look at me and think I'm GREAT!"

Crazy, right? Damn...a McFlury! Mmmm...

but why you got into this to begin with? the reason is chicks and the need for them to "want" you and in your head chicks dig muscle which is true to maybe 1% of the female population,,,

the main reason guys work out is chics,,,it always was like that and always will be like that,,

i cant remember one day in my life that i cared what women thought about me or anyone else to that matter,,maybe when i was 17-18,,,after that age bodybuilding became life,,,i didnt care about what people say i only cared about bulking and cutting,,,bulking to 220 then cutting and see the muscle at 180,,,next year bulking to 240 then cutting and seeing bigger muscle at 200lb with same low bf i had when i was 180lb,,,that was the name of the game,,, i enjoyed seeing the new 10lb of lean muscle added every cycle,,,this is the only thing that carried me on in this sport.

i dont have time to look at what guys wear,,,i do look at the local whores but i got a woman so no need for that,, and in general i transmit a concieted asshole look even when im not trying,, so people know to stay away most of the time,,

many times i had 150lb guys spotting me or give me the weights,,so what?? they come to the gym to grow and a humanbeing is a humanbeing,,you good at one thing they good at other thing,,you got bigger chest they got bigger brain,,,

this sport should be done because you like lifting and not for anyother reason,,the moment you do it for anyother reason you are done

fallen angel

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
but why you got into this to begin with? the reason is chicks and the need for them to "want" you and in your head chicks dig muscle which is true to maybe 1% of the female population,,,

the main reason guys work out is chics,,,it always was like that and always will be like that,,

i cant remember one day in my life that i cared what women thought about me or anyone else to that matter,,maybe when i was 17-18,,,after that age bodybuilding became life,,,i didnt care about what people say i only cared about bulking and cutting,,,bulking to 220 then cutting and see the muscle at 180,,,next year bulking to 240 then cutting and seeing bigger muscle at 200lb with same low bf i had when i was 180lb,,,that was the name of the game,,, i enjoyed seeing the new 10lb of lean muscle added every cycle,,,this is the only thing that carried me on in this sport.

i dont have time to look at what guys wear,,,i do look at the local whores but i got a woman so no need for that,, and in general i transmit a concieted asshole look even when im not trying,, so people know to stay away most of the time,,

many times i had 150lb guys spotting me or give me the weights,,so what?? they come to the gym to grow and a humanbeing is a humanbeing,,you good at one thing they good at other thing,,you got bigger chest they got bigger brain,,,

this sport should be done because you like lifting and not for anyother reason,,the moment you do it for anyother reason you are done

This has to be the most honest response ever.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2007, 04:10:06 PM »

I know. I said that was ME years ago...

Now? Its a way of life and I am 100% INSTITUTIONALIZED and don't know how to NOT be a BBer.
?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »
I know. I said that was ME years ago...

Now? Its a way of life and I am 100% INSTITUTIONALIZED and don't know how to NOT be a BBer.

I'm just seconding that.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »

amen brother...amen...

i ws away for 4 yrs..i forgot why i started in the first place..and its fucking great to be back...
carpe` vaginum!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2007, 09:53:55 AM »
Yet are gayer then Elton Johns shoe horn.

Tuna Protein Shakes

Tupperware meals on a date

Not attending  Buddy's wedding, child's birthday, important/fun function because you are "dieting" and cannot keep your meals cold.

Exclaiming " I am fat" when at 11.2 percent bodyfat

Exclaiming "I haven't shaved"  when asked to take shirt off at beach

Monster intake of roids for plastic trophy

Sucking cock for competing money

Add to the list!
Open use of insilin in public.

PB

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »

amen brother...amen...

i ws away for 4 yrs..i forgot why i started in the first place..and its fucking great to be back...

It's always great after a long and sometimes forced layoff to get back to what you love in the gym.....for me there's nothing like it.   Sounds corny, but I almost meditate there despite all the effort.

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2007, 10:01:03 AM »
bound down two scoops of creatine without water
pain day

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2007, 07:31:02 PM »

Taking from here and giving props to Dennis James GH15 for stating the reason why you guys should stop conjecturing how miserable one's life can be if he chooses to take his bb seriously while keeping his other normal activities...

People, come onnnnnn......I can't see the reason why not a man can't work a full time job, have his wife entertained and taken care of, have his children raised in a good home with a sound education , all the while keeping his training and eating properly.

Note that not for a moment I said it should be easy......au contraire, like someone have already pointed, it will be extremely difficult, but no one said it can't be done.....

Now I don't know about being a pro bb , working a full time job and having a wife and kids. This is only for  very few gifted and illuminated people, Mark Dugdale comes to mind, as it takes a different kinda animal to balance all those things, but looking at Mark as a role model for those of us is a proof that even a pro bb can jugle all these things at once.....and doing it GOOD.

For the vast majority of us, non pro bbders, I think it's highly possible work, wife, children AND KEEPING ALMOST THE SAME your training and eating patterns, unless some minor adjustments and stuff when needed.

If you have a flexible mind , the universe is yours. The moment you set yourself within boundaries, then it becomes extremely difficult, and it won't be nice to whatch: you'll look in anger to the very reasons that keep you from your training (in your mind) , like the job, wife and kids, and you'll actually start to hate'em. That can be desastruous.

I want to point some very good examples: Ron Harris. A guy that a lot of assholes in here like to talk shit about, but I bet they envy him with a passion, let's see - the guy has a gorgeous wife, 2 beautiful children, he owns a nice house, nice car, has the luxury of working at his own home writing as a free lancer for muscle magazines AND trains his ass off like any other pro, as well as the diet aspect.

Mark Dugdale turned pro while having a wife and 3 kids - one of them a new born one at the time - and owning his grocery business whose employees depended on him to eat (their salary depends on the success of the business). He's doing fine 'till now, seems to me, never mind he's not very good at the ranks as of now, what is important is that he turned pro bodybuilder, a feat that 0,0002% of the world population can manage - all the while with his other responsabilities.

Look at Ronnie Coleman, what can be said about him? Simply, the guy became a f u cking Mr. O while keeping his job as a police officer. Can it be tougher than that???? The guy ate in his patrol car, and like he said in Unbelievable, he MADE the time for his bb responsabilities (eating, training, etc).

All this really means that you CAN achieve a good balance if you really love your training schedule and bb lifestyle. All the stories and practices pointed in this thread translates int a good laugh and entertains the hell of, as it's funny shit some posts about that. To actually think there are guys that skip relationship appointments like a dinner in family, or a night out cause they can't drink and stuff is ludicruous. I want know WHERE IS ALL THAT SHIT WRITTEN about these things you 'can't do' cause it's bad for your bb??????

This type of behaviour some really redneck guys use to have is the sole reason why the sport of bodybuilding has a terrible reputation. Who is his right mind would skip a nice banging with some hot chick who wants her ass violated by a big guy because that would throw off his eating or resting schedule, or even who the f u c k would carry over a jug of water to the movies?????????

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n, people.....
Train forever !

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
AHAHAHAAHAH!!!   Yes Dingleberry, I'm also guilty of the black gloves and severe overtraining....it was only after I backed off my training a bit that I suddenly put on a buncha size....who'da thunk? 

FYI ~ I retired the black gloves after 1 month of use after I realized no one but me was wearing them.....well, me and the tiny tits LOL!!!

hahaha, I wish I could say I retired mine after a month.....I actually went through a few pair before I became a man  :o
tiny-tit bounty hunter

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
Getting drunk to "get cut" and end water retention!!!1
S