Author Topic: Stop Printing Money!  (Read 3491 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Stop Printing Money!
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »
September 29, 2010
Stop Printing Money
By Investor's Business Daily

________________________ ______________

The Fed: The nearly $1.7 trillion in new money printed by the central bank to ease the financial crisis didn't do much good, and its new plan for "quantitative easing" won't work much better.

We have largely supported the Fed's efforts to keep financial markets from imploding. But we believe the central bank's recent hints that it will begin a second round of quantitative easing - dubbed QE2 - don't make sense and will put the economy's soundness at risk.

A little history: In March 2009, the Fed began its "shock and awe" quantitative easing, buying up nearly $2 trillion in Treasury and agency debt in a year. It didn't work.

Official interest rates had already been slashed to zero, yet companies weren't borrowing. Even as the first round of quantitative easing ended in March of this year - and nearly a year after the recession ended in June of 2009 - the economy sputtered.

Today, despite TARP, the "stimulus" package and the Fed's best efforts, the economy is still sputtering.

Just last week, the Fed stated that inflation was below the level "most consistent, over the longer run, with its mandate to promote maximum employment and price stability.

The remarks made clear the central bank fears deflation and a double-dip recession. So, throwing caution to the wind, it's gearing up to buy another $1 trillion or so of Treasury and agency debt.

But this isn't stimulus. You can't print $2.7 trillion in new money and not have it distort markets. This is the kind of thing that got us into trouble in the first place. We shouldn't do it again.

Plenty of money is available to fuel economic growth. Businesses themselves have a record $1.8 trillion in cash and equivalents on hand, and banks have nearly $1 trillion in reserves that can be used to back up loans.

As we've noted and surveys repeatedly show, businesses have stopped investing, expanding and hiring not because they can't get loans, but because they're tired of being targeted and demonized by the most anti-business administration and Congress in history.

They dread the fiscal and regulatory assaults that await them in coming years - including a badly designed financial reform law, President Obama's health care takeover, a looming entitlement crisis and the possible expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts.

What business would expand in such a policy environment?

Printing more money at the Fed won't change this. But it will cause prices to rise and create new bubbles. What we need is less government spending and lower taxes, not more funny money.

WAKE THE HELL UP FOOLS! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Stop Printing Money!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »
They dread the fiscal and regulatory assaults that await them in coming years - including a badly designed financial reform law, President Obama's health care takeover, a looming entitlement crisis and the possible expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts.

What business would expand in such a policy environment?

________________________ _________

I have been saying this from Day 1 of this Admn. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »
Personally, ...I love all this "quantitative easing". I say: "Let the printing presses roll!"

Print more money & more money & more money! I'll be a very happy camper.

When hyperinflation occurs and the USD and all other fiat currencies crash as a result,
...it will make me a very rich woman.

I don't scream at the coming shitstorm, ...on the contrary. I welcome it! I've learned to dance in the rain.
I highly recommend you do the same.  :)

Got Gold?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
I'm heavy into brass and lead.   ;D  ;D  ;D

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »
gold AND silver

I'm heavy into brass and lead.   ;D  ;D  ;D

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
Oh I forgot - steel and iron.   ;D  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »
gold AND silver

;D

Silver has an even greater upside than gold.

Silver has been far UNDERvalued over the years, ...and as the price of gold keeps rising, in many cases out of the reach of the average everyday citizen, ...more and more people will be turning to silver.

Approx 97% of all the gold that has ever been dug up on the earth is still here. Gold is hoarded, while SILVER is an industrial metal with all sorts of consumable application. the demand for silver has surpassed supply by at least 20% for the past 16 years in a row. Soon the world will come to realize that silver is a rather scarce precious metal, ...and at $20oz, could soon reach $1,000 oz and infact outpace gold.

Personally, I'm more bullish on silver than I am gold, ...but I won't say no to either.  :D and I didn't have a silver graphic

Anybody interested in using silver or gold or other forms of precious metals to safeguard or store the value of their wealth is welcome to PM me. I know where they can access 999.999% pure kinebar certified gold in feasible quantities as a store of wealth, and even receive free storage in Swiss vaults... away from the confiscatory powers of certain government entities.  the USA has previously set a precedent for confiscating the gold of it's citizens. Who is to say it won't happen again?
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:31:10 PM »
This always amuses me, people buy gold, silver, whatever and think they will be just fine when society breaks down. Good luck, I'm with 33 you invest in brass and lead.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »
This always amuses me, people buy gold, silver, whatever and think they will be just fine when society breaks down. Good luck, I'm with 33 you invest in brass and lead.

I was explaining this to a buddy last night. 

Lets say i have a gold bar or coin worth $2,000, but I am hungry, need food and water.    SHTF at this point. 

What do I do?    give up the gold coin for a loaf of bread, or starve? 

With ammo - I can trade much smaller quanities of ammo for the goods and things i would need to survive and ammo will be very valuabler and desirable in a SHTF scenario.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »
I was explaining this to a buddy last night. 

Lets say i have a gold bar or coin worth $2,000, but I am hungry, need food and water.    SHTF at this point. 

What do I do?    give up the gold coin for a loaf of bread, or starve? 

With ammo - I can trade much smaller quanities of ammo for the goods and things i would need to survive and ammo will be very valuabler and desirable in a SHTF scenario.   

Plus you can shoot the dumbass that hoarded away all the gold and silver and take it ;D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »
Plus you can shoot the dumbass that hoarded away all the gold and silver and take it ;D

Chances are people who own gold also owns guns too.   The two go hand in hand really. 

Me:  I have enough guns and am still accumulating the ammo as I also shoot a lot.  I have been doing a lot of trap and skeet lately. 

I also have read a bunch of books and gotten a bunch of 5 gallon water things from BJ's and just put them in the basement along with a bunch of other crap. 

Someone wants to attack the homeland, its going to be 4th of July on their ass.     

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
Welcome to round 2 of the Weimar Republic...it worked so well the first time. ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »

What cracks me up are those that buy 100 oz bars of silver or even 1 oz bars of gold.
They aren't very feasible. Right now gold is at $1300. What happens if it rises to $5,000?

What happens when silver goes to $1,000 oz. Good luck using your 100 oz bar to acquire goods and services. Good luck getting a coin dealer to redeem it for value either. That's a $100,000 transaction he's going to have to make. You think he'll have that kind of cash lying around? He'll have to get a bank loan. Good luck if the financial system has broken down. further more, by making a transaction over $20K, you'll be looking a full government disclosure as well. you want the government in your business?

The same goes for numismatic 1 oz coins as well. I have no desire to pay a premium for a coin that has an eagle, maple leaf, lady liberty or a cute little panda on it, 'cause in the end, if the poop hits the fan, it may be worth only the printed value on the coin ($50) at worse and only legal tender in the country of origin, or worth only the weight of the gold at best.

Me personally, ...I prefer gold in 1 gram or 0.5 gram kinebars. Those are practical and easily attainable.
You might have to pay a premium for the smaller quantity and stack alot of them, ...but it's far more practical not to mention portable than shaving off a portion of a bar. that's apremium worth paying, and unlike regular bullion subject to shaving or salting, and a loss of value once it leaves the vault, kinebars retain value even out of the vault. I'd much rather carry a small ingot to buy goods & services rather than roll a wheel barrow full of worthless fiat currency.

Did you know that if you had $100,000 deposited in the bank in 2000, ...do you know you would have lost 17% to inflation alone? You'd have the value of only $83,000 today

Yet if you had stored that same $100,000 into gold bullion in 2000, it would be worth $398,000 today.
That's wealth preservation as stored retained value. And there'd be no capital gains tax until and unless it is exchanged back into fiat currency, ...and there's no saying you have to do it all at once... little increments can do just fine. That's why I prefer 1 gram & 0.5 gram kinebars.

'cause it's not how much you make, ...it's how much you keep.  ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »
I also think low tax farm land is a good investment.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 02:02:39 PM »
I also think low tax farm land is a good investment.

Only if you can afford to farm it, or lease it to someone who can.
When the poop hits the fan, the USA will not be able to feed it's citizens because they will not be able to afford the price of oil to do it. it takes 10 calories of oil to produce 1 calorie of food.

You'd be better off changing your name to Jebediah, dressing in black and slipping into an Amish community  ;D
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 02:03:39 PM »
Once society truly breaks down, it will be survival of the fittest/best prepared.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
Only if you can afford to farm it, or lease it to someone who can.
When the poop hits the fan, the USA will not be able to feed it's citizens because they will not be able to afford the price of oil to do it. it takes 10 calories of oil to produce 1 calorie of food.

You'd be better off changing your name to Jebediah, dressing in black and slipping into an Amish community  ;D

;D  

Sounds better than the crap I do day in and day out.  

I told my girl that we should move to the Catskills or Adirondacks on a lake and do our business online and cultivate food sources and other crap like that and she thinks I am crazy, but oh well.  

so far, its the Bronx, NY for me.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »
Once society truly breaks down, it will be survival of the fittest/best prepared.

I have preparations for almost anything, but what scares the living crap out of me more than anything is water. 

People can live for weeks without food, but water only three days. 

You have a serious breakdown in society to where people are scrambling for food and water and its really going to be a mess. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
I have preparations for almost anything, but what scares the living crap out of me more than anything is water. 

People can live for weeks without food, but water only three days. 

You have a serious breakdown in society to where people are scrambling for food and water and its really going to be a mess. 

Get yourself a big kettle for boiling, some silver impregnated activated granular charcoal and chlorine tablets, and you might even be able to drink the ooze that comes out of the Hudson River.  ;D

oh my lookey there... another use for silver. I'm telling you it is going to soar!

it's even in the very computer you're typing on right now... even in your smart phone... it's everywhere!
w

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 02:44:53 PM »
Silver has an even greater upside than gold.

Silver has been far UNDERvalued over the years, ...and as the price of gold keeps rising, in many cases out of the reach of the average everyday citizen, ...more and more people will be turning to silver.

Approx 97% of all the gold that has ever been dug up on the earth is still here. Gold is hoarded, while SILVER is an industrial metal with all sorts of consumable application. the demand for silver has surpassed supply by at least 20% for the past 16 years in a row. Soon the world will come to realize that silver is a rather scarce precious metal, ...and at $20oz, could soon reach $1,000 oz and infact outpace gold.

Personally, I'm more bullish on silver than I am gold, ...but I won't say no to either.  :D and I didn't have a silver graphic

i'm with you on silver

i do see metals as investments. silver is up 30% since the start of the year. gold is up 16%. i think metals will go higher.  i just check and gold is up 24.30 right now and silver is up .94!  sure it will fluctuate but gold has already surpassed its all time high of about 850 - its at almost 1000 oz right nopw and silver - currently at about 20 hasn't yet approached it's high of 50. i think it will go much higher.

pluse silver is being used for many things and is becoming more rare than gold - gold is use for few things.  silver is used for things that get used up.  

, and even receive free storage in Swiss vaults... away from the confiscatory powers of certain government entities.  the USA has previously set a precedent for confiscating the gold of it's citizens. Who is to say it won't happen again?

you're better off holding it yourself imo

if youre looking at metals i think silver is what you should be looking at more than gold and actually owning the metal not having some house hold it for you will it really be there when its time to collect? these are strange times economically

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
Holy Cow... I missed those last a couple years ago. prolly cause that is just one long ass thread! hahaha

btw: We can expect hyperinflation to come soon, ...I just hope not just yet, ...I want all my ducks in a row first, ...then Bring It On!!!  ;D

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
I hear what you're saying about having it stored for you. of all storage locations tho... I'd say Switzerland would be the best. Certainly not in the USA, and definitely NOT in a bank safety deposit box.

Read the fine print and you'll see the safety deposit boxes and all the contents thereof belong to the US Federal government. Don't believve me... read the fine print on the contract.

If you're dealing in kinebar gold bullion, especially in small denominations, then you're ok to take delivery,
...just make sure you have a nice vault in your house to store it... or elsewhere (hole in the backyard) etc.,  ;D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 03:59:08 PM »
I hear what you're saying about having it stored for you. of all storage locations tho... I'd say Switzerland would be the best. Certainly not in the USA, and definitely NOT in a bank safety deposit box.

Read the fine print and you'll see the safety deposit boxes and all the contents thereof belong to the US Federal government. Don't believve me... read the fine print on the contract.

If you're dealing in kinebar gold bullion, especially in small denominations, then you're ok to take delivery,
...just make sure you have a nice vault in your house to store it... or elsewhere (hole in the backyard) etc.,  ;D

Jag - Mossberg makes a backyard survival kit to bury in the backyard. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 04:31:18 PM »
Jag - Mossberg makes a backyard survival kit to bury in the backyard. 

got a link?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 04:47:22 PM »