Author Topic: why is everything put on the president??  (Read 3483 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: why is everything put on the president??
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 08:00:38 AM »
Well its not like that with everyone...when its about Bush's 8 years....get over it
When its obamas 2 years...He did that  shit

Bush had 52 consecutive months of job growth.As soon as Obama has ONE month of Job growth we will give him credit.Two years ZERO job growth from him.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:04:06 AM »
Bush had 52 consecutive months of job growth.As soon as Obama has ONE month of Job growth we will give him credit.Two years ZERO job growth from him.

Because everything was all good when he took over...No the freaking recession wasnt on until November 2008...thats what happened  ::)..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 08:05:15 AM »

Because everything was all good when he took over...No the freaking recession wasnt on until November 2008...thats what happened  ::)..

Again Mal - UE has gone only up and up, economy worse, all with ZERO end in sight.  At what point is it fair to place blame on him for at least part of the mess we are in? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 08:10:36 AM »
Again Mal - UE has gone only up and up, economy worse, all with ZERO end in sight.  At what point is it fair to place blame on him for at least part of the mess we are in? 

Dude you know the economy recovers in phases...and that part hasnt recovered..and Stim bill or not.. jobs would have continued to go.. I dont care if Jesus Christ himself was the president in November 2008...by december 2009 the jobs would have still gone...and it could have been more if the GM bail out didnt happen...but it sounds good to say..."ohh look obamas the president and jobs didnt appear despite the economic status"...True story

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 08:15:48 AM »

Dude you know the economy recovers in phases...and that part hasnt recovered..and Stim bill or not.. jobs would have continued to go.. I dont care if Jesus Christ himself was the president in November 2008...by december 2009 the jobs would have still gone...and it could have been more if the GM bail out didnt happen...but it sounds good to say..."ohh look obamas the president and jobs didnt appear despite the economic status"...True story

I have a thread going with over 150 articles directly detailing the policies obama, has, is, or plans to implement which is destroying jobs and economy. 

Sorry, if you now want to play the "poor barack can't catch a break" card, sorry charlie - that doesnt fly anymore. 

He has spent TRILLIONS with almost no positive effect, has had his stim bill and obamacare go through along with a whole host of other plans, and nothing has worked. 

So again - when do you start giving out some blame to reid/pelosi/obama for the worsening situation we are in?  4 years of dem congress and 2 with Obama obviously is not enough time, so I want to know, how long before you say enough is enough?     

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:06 AM »

So then your admitting the economy fell apart when democrats took over congress?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »
IF the national consenses and the economic community say that the country was running well economically and as soon as 2006 hit and dems took over...it went to shit... i would agree...but what i cant agree with is "the country was shit before Obama took over and it should be all solved in 2 years with extreme opposition." im just too logical for that,.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:57 AM »
IF the national consenses and the economic community say that the country was running well economically and as soon as 2006 hit and dems took over...it went to shit... i would agree...but what i cant agree with is "the country was shit before Obama took over and it should be all solved in 2 years with extreme opposition." im just too logical for that,.

Nobody said he came in to roses.   But by most measures things are still getting worse 2 years later from when he came in.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 08:41:31 AM »

No one is saying its all his fault.BUT if I sart a fire at a house,and you come along and throw gas on it,you cant say "I had nothing to do with the house burning down".

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 08:45:31 AM »
Nobody said he came in to roses.   But by most measures things are still getting worse 2 years later from when he came in.   

That fundamentally wrong..if he came in and we were declared in a recession..and by april 2009 (i think) we were out of the recession how can you say it got worse

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 08:50:16 AM »
That fundamentally wrong..if he came in and we were declared in a recession..and by april 2009 (i think) we were out of the recession how can you say it got worse

::)  ::)  - please wake the hell up bro -

More people than ever are on food stamps, foreclosures hit a new record last month, UE still rising, debt and deficit skyrocketing, inflation about tto it, dollar worth less by the day, etc etc. 

Mal - I expect better from you. 

Obama 2012 - "Hey - it could have been worse"

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 08:56:45 AM »
::)  ::)  - please wake the hell up bro -

More people than ever are on food stamps, foreclosures hit a new record last month, UE still rising, debt and deficit skyrocketing, inflation about tto it, dollar worth less by the day, etc etc. 

Mal - I expect better from you. 

Obama 2012 - "Hey - it could have been worse"

So what i stated was wrong?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »
So what i stated was wrong?

The recession was over, and we entered a depression!  just look at the reality bro - foreflosures, food stamps, ue, bankruptcies, defaults on home loans, etc etc are all still at record levels.   

Again - no dissrespect - but econ aint your thing. 

The only reason why on a technical basis the "recession" was declared over, is due to govt printing presses creating money out of thin air, back by nothing whatsoever.  Take away the govt printing presses and we would still be cascading lower by that standard, which is largely a sham anyway.     

I bumped my thread on inflation specifically for you, but I guess actually learing about real economics takes a back seat to Obama/Pelosi talking points that are a mile wide and a millimeter thick.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »
The recession was over, and we entered a depression!  just look at the reality bro - foreflosures, food stamps, ue, bankruptcies, defaults on home loans, etc etc are all still at record levels.   

Again - no dissrespect - but econ aint your thing. 

The only reason why on a technical basis the "recession" was declared over, is due to govt printing presses creating money out of thin air, back by nothing whatsoever.  Take away the govt printing presses and we would still be cascading lower by that standard, which is largely a sham anyway.     

I bumped my thread on inflation specifically for you, but I guess actually learing about real economics takes a back seat to Obama/Pelosi talking points that are a mile wide and a millimeter thick.   

Can you quote me where Economists sayt we are declared in a Depression. I had no idea.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »
Can you quote me where Economists sayt we are declared in a Depression. I had no idea.

Which ones?  Sorry - I dont taking talking points from ivory tower academics who are utterly cluess on most things and said everything was fine as of 2007 and even into part of 2008. 

I listen to people who were right before all the pollyanas came out of the woodwork. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 09:14:08 AM »
Which ones?  Sorry - I dont taking talking points from ivory tower academics who are utterly cluess on most things and said everything was fine as of 2007 and even into part of 2008. 

I listen to people who were right before all the pollyanas came out of the woodwork. 
I just wanted to show where we were declared in a Depression.. because a recession is defined to be a period of two quarters of negative GDP growth. Am i right?

Depression is considerably worse than recessions. And economists have believed for some time, that the recession ended in the summer of 2009. The economy started growing again in the July-to-September quarter of 2009.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 09:16:42 AM »
Part of the problem with the GDP calculation is that it includes government spending as part of it. Now they just dumped an ass load of money into the stimulus, of course it is going to skew the number.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:43 AM »
I just wanted to show where we were declared in a Depression.. because a recession is defined to be a period of two quarters of negative GDP growth. Am i right?

Depression is considerably worse than recessions. And economists have believed for some time, that the recession ended in the summer of 2009. The economy started growing again in the July-to-September quarter of 2009.

The "recession" and "depression" labels are completely worthless and 100% politicized. Also, the criteria determining what is what might be the dumbest concept in economics.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
Part of the problem with the GDP calculation is that it includes government spending as part of it. Now they just dumped an ass load of money into the stimulus, of course it is going to skew the number.

That was exactly my point.  It went right over Mals' head. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:16 AM »
The "recession" and "depression" labels are completely worthless and 100% politicized. Also, the criteria determining what is what might be the dumbest concept in economics.

I can accept that but when the terms are thrown around by individuals to add shock value for their political point, i have to go back to the clinical definition..no?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:31 AM »
That was exactly my point.  It went right over Mals' head. 

Son dont play yourself. You arent sayin anything that goes over my head.. you are the one who said Obama called SWAT on grandmothers.. so im sorry if i have to take your analysis with a grain of salt and do my own research.,

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 09:23:06 AM »
I can accept that but when the terms are thrown around by individuals to add shock value for their political point, i have to go back to the clinical definition..no?

Yes, but most people don't know that the criteria for labeling an economy as being in a depression and recession are easily manipulated because of politics. Obama is doing this now but he's hardly the first.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:16 AM »
Yes, but most people don't know that the criteria for labeling an economy as being in a depression and recession are easily manipulated because of politics. Obama is doing this now but he's hardly the first.

Oh i understand what you are saying.. but when someone says we are in a depression and the US looks nothing like the 1930s... i cant rock with that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »

Son dont play yourself. You arent sayin anything that goes over my head.. you are the one who said Obama called SWAT on grandmothers.. so im sorry if i have to take your analysis with a grain of salt and do my own research.,

Here is another thing Mal - Obama always says the buck stops with him on issues, yet immediately goes into bash bush mode.  

He wants the talking point to sound good about accepting responsibility, but when anyone points out that things are getting worse - its back to bash bush.  

don't you see how ridiculous this act is getting?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
Oh i understand what you are saying.. but when someone says we are in a depression and the US looks nothing like the 1930s... i cant rock with that

Its called 41 million on food stamps, public housing, UE for 99 weeks, rising welfare rolls etc etc.  Those things were not available in the 1930's. 

Stop playing so dumb, I expect this from blacken, not you.