Author Topic: why is everything put on the president??  (Read 3498 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
why is everything put on the president??
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. on one hand the guy can only do so much on the other, there are many other people/corporations pulling the strings. its a front. no conspiracy/ it is what it is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: why is everything put on the president??
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »
I don't think everything is put on the president, but the buck does (and should) stop with him.  Same is true of the leader of any organization.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:34:46 AM »
it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. on one hand the guy can only do so much on the other, there are many other people/corporations pulling the strings. its a front. no conspiracy/ it is what it is.

Because he is the figurehead of the nation and helps set the tone for a lot of things.

I agree with you that he should not get all the blame or credit, and that it is congress and senate who deserves most of the blame most of the time.  

As far as Obama goes - the trifecta of Cap & trade, Obamacare, FINREG are so monumental as to heap a whole host of blame on obama.  That much is true.  

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »

If that is the case then he's got a duty to inform The People that his role is merely ceremonial.

Knowledge is something we can act on. Speculation/conspiracy theories are not (and should not).

IMO Obama is turning into another domesticated representative of The People.  

I tell you, any more of these down-with-Wall-Street, support-the-middle-class, I'm-for-lower-taxes "gurus" and someone's going to try something really stupid.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
What I expect Obama to say is things along the lines of "look, I'm trying to pass comprehensive health care reform... my party owns the two houses and I'm the president... but democrat x and democrat y are siding with the health care companies so I can't pass it". Then, the people who elected democrat x and democrat y can make a decision as to take them out or keep them in power. We need the politicians to finger out the bad apples.

We need to know. We demand to know.

Democracy is that mind-blowingly easy.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »
hard to get anything done when Repubs filibuster everything

if the Repubs get back in power I hope the Dems do the same thing

surely the Repubs won't have a problem when it's their agenda getting blocked all the time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »
If that is the case then he's got a duty to inform The People that his role is merely ceremonial.

Knowledge is something we can act on. Speculation/conspiracy theories are not (and should not).

IMO Obama is turning into another domesticated representative of The People.  

I tell you, any more of these down-with-Wall-Street, support-the-middle-class, I'm-for-lower-taxes "gurus" and someone's going to try something really stupid.

Except you have Democrats running ads bragging about opposing Obama. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 12:05:18 PM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

I don't think people are looking at the larger picture. People are looking at the one president or the other but these economic problems have their roots in policies that go back decades and have nothing to do with the president. The president has no say in the decisions of the Federal Reserve, yet those decisions have a greater impact on the economy than any one the president could take. Don't get me wrong, Obama is as objectionable as Bush and in some ways is an even greater warmonger but 'all his fault', no way.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »

surely the Repubs won't have a problem when it's their agenda getting blocked all the time
LMAO so its all the reps fault even though the dems had a super majority and could get anything they wanted passed without rep votes?  ::) ::) ::)

youre a dolt dude, obammers agenda is the reason the economy is still in the state that it is in right now and you want more of it?  :-X :-\

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

Where was this realization when Bush was in office?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »
lol thought this but didnt say it... ;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:34 PM »
LMAO so its all the reps fault even though the dems had a super majority and could get anything they wanted passed without rep votes?  ::) ::) ::)

youre a dolt dude, obammers  Bernanke's agenda is the reason the economy is still in the state that it is in right now and you want more of it?  :-X :-\

Fixed.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
Fixed.
wrong my friend, while he did play a role in the debacle as a whole...its obamas agenda that has stagnated the economy more so than anything in the past yr...

uncertainty in business is what keeps businesses from spending most US companies are sitting on loads of capital right now but with the extreme amount of uncertainty this administration has put in the market in regards to costs for businesses, why would they go out and spend money, hire new employees, expand?

health care, finereg, tax cuts expiration, cap/trade talk etc...are directly impacting the economy in a negative way.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 04:50:32 AM »
Except you have Democrats running ads bragging about opposing Obama.

Ok, then those who voted for those assholes have a duty to take them out.

It's as simple as that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 07:03:03 AM »
What I expect Obama to say is things along the lines of "look, I'm trying to pass comprehensive health care reform... my party owns the two houses and I'm the president... but democrat x and democrat y are siding with the health care companies so I can't pass it". Then, the people who elected democrat x and democrat y can make a decision as to take them out or keep them in power. We need the politicians to finger out the bad apples.

We need to know. We demand to know.

Democracy is that mind-blowingly easy.

Great post.   However, what happened what the exact opposite.  Obama/Reid/Pelosi had to get anything, something, no matter how bad it was, slap a 'Health Care " label on it in order to justify ythe year they spent ignoring the economy while UE was still rising and to not look like utter fools. 

Instead, they passed one of the worst bills ever, not to mention grossly ill-timed, that is ecxactly the opposite of what they promised. 

And it is not as if some of us did not warn you guys all a long the way as to the disgusting deals and crooked back room arrangements that were made.   We did!   I was shouted down by the  "ramn it through" crowd who cared not a lick about the details or funding mechanism of this mess and look where we are.  UE still rising, premiuims going up, hospitals closing, states suing left and right since the medicaid unfunded mandates are a killer to the states, etc etc.     

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 07:25:09 AM »
Great post.   However, what happened what the exact opposite.  Obama/Reid/Pelosi had to get anything, something, no matter how bad it was, slap a 'Health Care " label on it in order to justify ythe year they spent ignoring the economy while UE was still rising and to not look like utter fools. 

Instead, they passed one of the worst bills ever, not to mention grossly ill-timed, that is ecxactly the opposite of what they promised. 

And it is not as if some of us did not warn you guys all a long the way as to the disgusting deals and crooked back room arrangements that were made.   We did!   I was shouted down by the  "ramn it through" crowd who cared not a lick about the details or funding mechanism of this mess and look where we are.  UE still rising, premiuims going up, hospitals closing, states suing left and right since the medicaid unfunded mandates are a killer to the states, etc etc.     

I'm actually in favor of heath care reform.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm in favor of republicans or democrats delivering on their promises. If they run their campaign on "more jobs, more choices of health care, better unemployment benefits, smaller government" then, by all means, you MUST deliver on the promises. If you don't, point out WHO the fuck is blocking the bills from passing and get rid him/her. Be it democrat or republican.

What we CANNOT HAVE, AT ALL, like... NEVER! is a bunch of politicians running amock, saying they're goint to deliver x and y and not not doing it. Furthermore, we need them to specify what is important for them, what are their priorities once they get into office and how/when they're going to carry out their agenda. Once you got them by the balls the rest is easy.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »
I don't think people are looking at the larger picture. People are looking at the one president or the other but these economic problems have their roots in policies that go back decades and have nothing to do with the president. The president has no say in the decisions of the Federal Reserve, yet those decisions have a greater impact on the economy than any one the president could take. Don't get me wrong, Obama is as objectionable as Bush and in some ways is an even greater warmonger but 'all his fault', no way.

A lot of what you said is true but when a president creates a regulatory czar that completely bypasses congress, that has unchecked power, then you're dealing with a whole new animal.

Obama for better or worse has taken a lot of power upon himself never intended to be held by the president, so when we look at that fact there is no question as to where a large portion of the blame lies.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »

rarely do this

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »
Maybe everyone is blaming Obama for so much because obama is everywhere, all the time, trying to do everything on every issue, make radical transofmration of society, and cant keep his incompetent face off of the tv for more than 5 seconds. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/10/17/obama_on_gop_the_empire_is_striking_back.html

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

I see people blaming congress just as much.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 02:04:45 AM »

You mean to tell me that it's the Repubs who have kept the Dems from doing more damage than they've already done?  Go Repubs!    ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 04:59:51 AM »

Straw - if the GOP spent two years in the majority trying to pass abortion bans, banning gays, trying to end SS, trying to end all welfare and food stamps, do you think the Dems would just sit idly by.

The public is ready to vote the GOP back in power BECAUSE they did not go along with obama's craziness. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:19 AM »

They had 60 freaking votes in the senate,they couldnt fillabuster anything.It was after Obama tried to pass a bunch of crap that Mass went their way to be able to fillabuster.But I hope the dems do fillabuster so nothing gets done or passed.Republicans wont fund Obama care and the private sector can get back to running the freaking country.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 06:49:32 AM »
Well its not like that with everyone...when its about Bush's 8 years....get over it
When its obamas 2 years...He did that  shit