Author Topic: FIBO 2015 - Bodybuilding as we know it is DEAD!  (Read 25442 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
FIBO 2015 - Bodybuilding as we know it is DEAD!
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:54:43 AM »
There were 2 boothes of "Fitness-Youtubers", all of em with several 100k followers on social media, who were tearing down the house over 4 days. 100000s young people were gathering around those 2 boothes from morning till night to get pics for their FB or IG with those guys and girls, while they were making party up there.

That's one booth:

That's the other (u can check out videos it was insane what was going on there):

Guys like Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene or Phil Heath were standing alone at their booth while noone gave a shit about them over 4 days, while guys like Levrone, Wheeler, Cormier or Johnnie Jackson remained completely anonymous anyways. The only guy on that Expo who cared about Pro Bodybuilders taking pictures and interviewing them was Palumbo, who was regarded by most visitors as a strange circus freak.

Ronnie Coleman was training at a local gym in Cologne at night completely alone, noone approached him or gave a shit about him. When a couple of "Youtubers" came in the crowds were going nuts within seconds, and circled around them to an extent they weren't even able to train anymore.

Old guys like Markus Ruhl said in interviews they have no clue what's going on here, they have had their days.

Trust me, within 5 years the "Competitive sport" Bodybuilding as we know will be dead. There won't be contests or competitions anymore, only people in the gyms filming themselves for Youtube. I doubt than any of the pros will return to FIBO next year :D

Who?  :'( :'( :D

Bodybuilding is dead, those are internet millionaires and the future of our sport, whether you like it or not. :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: FIBO 2015 - Bodybuilding as we know it is DEAD!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:08:00 AM »
A couple of guys from my gym went to that pathetic circus. I've heard the Fibo Pro was canceled.. LOL, WTF?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:12:24 AM »
It's age.  We don't realize it, because most of us are 30s and 40s... but the people in their early 20s look at Wheeler and Levrone and they see old bald dudes they've never heard of.  They never had FLEX mag coming in the mail every month, they never sat nervously wondering who was going to take the crown in 98 (?) when Dorian retired and the title was  up for grabs.

Generation selfie has a hard time "liking" anyone over 35.   The old school champs get ignored, and some duck-face idiot taking selfies and making crazy faces while benching 225 on his heavy sets gets all their love.

We see it in other areas.  Younger folks on the beach will spend all night watching a shitty cover band of stoned 20 year olds... and they'll walk right past a group of 50 year olds showing insane playing and the most talent they'd ever have a chance to witness.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:09 AM »
I've heard the Fibo Pro was canceled.. LOL, WTF?

Cause nobody gives a fuck about a pro contest, but if a "Fitness-Youtuber" who works out for 2 years takes his shirt off at his booth, 10000 boys and girls go nuts.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA can you imagine how all those pros at the EXPO, attention whores who were used to be the center of attention everywhere they go, must feel now :D

A lotta people have massively underestimated the power of Social Media. Welcome to 2015, noone gives a flying fuck whether u won this or that pro contest or are World Champion of 2007.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 06:22:06 AM »
Oh, and HAIL to the king who made all of this possible: ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 06:29:18 AM »
Cause nobody gives a fuck about a pro contest, but if a "Fitness-Youtuber" who works out for 2 years takes his shirt off at his booth, 10000 boys and girls go nuts.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA can you imagine how all those pros at the EXPO, attention whores who were used to be the center of attention everywhere they go, must feel now :D

A lotta people have massively underestimated the power of Social Media. Welcome to 2015, noone gives a flying fuck whether u won this or that pro contest or are World Champion of 2007.

I'm afraid that you're spot on here.. Those gym buddies hardly follow pro bodybuilding (Dexter who?, Cedric who?...) They only know Jay & Ronnie ::)
I've warned them before that Fibo is a pathetic circus, where whores give you free supps and where you have to wait for at least an hour to shake hands with <name of a pro>, but LOL, who listens to me? :D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:57 AM »
There were 2 boothes of "Fitness-Youtubers", all of em with several 100k followers on social media, who were tearing down the house over 4 days. 100000s young people were gathering around those 2 boothes from morning till night to get pics for their FB or IG with those guys and girls, while they were making party up there.

That's one booth:

That's the other (u can check out videos it was insane what was going on there):

Guys like Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene or Phil Heath were standing alone at their booth while noone gave a shit about them over 4 days, while guys like Levrone, Wheeler, Cormier or Johnnie Jackson remained completely anonymous anyways. The only guy on that Expo who cared about Pro Bodybuilders taking pictures and interviewing them was Palumbo, who was regarded by most visitors as a strange circus freak.

Ronnie Coleman was training at a local gym in Cologne at night completely alone, noone approached him or gave a shit about him. When a couple of "Youtubers" came in the crowds were going nuts within seconds, and circled around them to an extent they weren't even able to train anymore.

Old guys like Markus Ruhl said in interviews they have no clue what's going on here, they have had their days.

Trust me, within 5 years the "Competitive sport" Bodybuilding as we know will be dead. There won't be contests or competitions anymore, only people in the gyms filming themselves for Youtube. I doubt than any of the pros will return to FIBO next year :D

That's not how bodybuilding was in the 80s

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 06:51:36 AM »
sign of the times.  it's the same in my gym, no young kids are bodybuilding.  None.  It's all figure, fitness, physique.  Though when you look to the bodybuilding side I would rather the kids be into that than Rich Piana.  I feel fortunate to have been around when we had Haney, Labrada and other men of that caliber.  I look at social media in disgust the same way my parents looked at me listening to Motley Crüe, etc.  

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 07:04:38 AM »
Oh, and HAIL to the king who made all of this possible: ;)

In all seriousness, this dude probably did spearhead the revolution.  Crazy.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 07:19:30 AM »

In all seriousness, this dude probably did spearhead the revolution.  Crazy.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »
POG > Phil Heath

Seriously!

And I'm in my 30s, grew up watching Ray and company but bbing is bullshit today.  Functional physiques are the thing now.

Louisiana representing  8)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »
surface deep (de)-generation, fame a value in and of itself.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
And all of them are natural

Amazing.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 08:58:56 AM »
BOOTHES?  Why the 'E'?

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
Oh Lord haha!!!

One thing is good! Nice slim bodies are popular! Dosent need Dennis James pro cycle tips to make it! :D

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »
Can u spot the Hater?? (U Mad?? U Mirin Bro?? ;D ;D)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »
Can u spot the Hater?? (U Mad?? U Mirin Bro?? ;D ;D)

CHAOS GOT SHREDDED...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »
I think it's a combo of things. Many of the Social Media "champs" and followers don't want to put in the time and effort to get to the Pro Level, and many don't want that look. But, they still talk about being "hardcore".
And many don't have the genetics. Also, many in the Pro ranks rely more on drugs than genetics+drugs, and they also have crappy genetics.

Also, Pro bodybuilding now reps the guts, whereas Musclemania and physique reps the kind of physiques that old skool bodybuilding was about---looking "pretty", attracting women.

It's easier to get into physique and bikini, doesn't take as long, a few drugs for some, and bam you can hit a few poses.

But, eventually these guys will start to get bigger, as people want to see something different. It always happens.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »
I wouldn't put Phil in that category, he's very active in the social media scene, he knows that what it takes is 4 plates on the incline hammer machine

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
I wouldn't put Phil in that category, he's very active in the social media scene, he knows that what it takes is 4 plates on the incline hammer machine
And I'll say this, ain't nobody in the Social Media sphere has genetics like Flex Wheeler.

Most of these people have the "what's hot right now" vibe and have no real staying power. The public is very fickle. On to the next "social media star".

I also wonder how Ulisses booth did?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »
Its not hard to understand why these guys are popular. Although they are on drugs, their bodies are more easily attainable by the "average Joe."

Most people dont want to be hardcore competitive bodybuilders. Instead, they want to look good naked, and walk on the beach showing off their bodies. Nothing more. Bodybuilding is not a lifestyle to them.

Being able to relate to someone elses achievements is an important factor for motivation. You can't relate to Ronnie Coleman, but you can relate more to a physique competitor.

This is what most men want to look like

X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »
Its not hard to understand why these guys are popular. Although they are on drugs, their bodies are more easily attainable by the "average Joe."

Most people dont want to be hardcore competitive bodybuilders. Instead, they want to look good naked, and walk on the beach showing off their bodies. Nothing more. Bodybuilding is not a lifestyle to them.

Being able to relate to someone elses achievements is an important factor for motivation. You can't relate to Ronnie Coleman, but you can relate more to a physique competitor.

This is what most men want to look like

Quite true. And if they are "rewarded" by women, it's even better. It's what attracts the women.
But, the you will have those who want to be different, and bigger is different. Then others follow.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »
Quite true. And if they are "rewarded" by women, it's even better. It's what attracts the women.
But, the you will have those who want to be different, and bigger is different. Then others follow.

Still attracts schmoes more

Average girls are attracted to some one like a mark walhberg type physique when he was doing Calvin Klein ads

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »

Yes, others will follow the likes of Ronnie Colemans size, but its rare.
X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:32 PM »
surface deep (de)-generation, fame a value in and of itself.

If they're gravitating towards fitness and away from pro-bodybuilding, that's a good thing.
Y