Author Topic: Racism gone in 24 generations  (Read 4093 times)

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
Re: Racism gone in 24 generations
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:32 PM »
this guy is an idiot I hope this is not true but who cares I will not be here

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 09:31:07 PM »
i hope my ancestors only mate with other north western europeans

not that big of a deal though, just my preference

I don't think your ancestors are doing any more mating. DAH!  ::)
w

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 08:17:53 AM »
In the conext of human history 24 generations is the blink of an eye. Humans won't  change much physiologically in that small amount of time(unless there is some HUGE disaster where we have to change to survive) Racism will still be alive and well  :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »
Impossible.  We already have millions of interracial people and will have millions more in the future.  For example, one of my friends is half black/half Korean.  Another is a fair skinned, green eyed Jamaican.  My secretary is half white/half Filipina.  I have good friend who is half German/half Palestinian who is married to a guy who is half black/half Palauan (and they have two kids).  I have another good friend who is Chinese.  She married a guy who is Hawaiian/Chinese/white.  They just had a baby.  This is the future of America IMO.     

You also have to take into context, of how one views another or themselves. For instance, several Hip-hop video vixens are half Korean/ half black, both of their fathers were in the military. Now if your culture, (African Am) has more "strong-headed" women in it, and in Korean culture (especailly old skool Korean) the women are taugh to be demure, and submissive. If your in the military, would you want to hear mouth, or get a good meal.? You pick.

You saee many African Am. have such low self esteem ,it is unreal. I know of three women who want to have light skin babies, because they view their dark skin and ahir texture as inferior. One is dating a white dude, another a light Hispanic, and the other likes me. I cannot get with their mentality, nor do I want some child that thinks they are more supeior to other black childen because he or she is lighter than them.

Have you ever talk to a black person, who everything other than black? For instance, they are quick to say: "I have Cherokee and Italian in me, that why my hair is so 'good'. Girl, you know I got that good 'baby hair' rockin'.   

With instances like this, Racism will always exist, only until one over-comes their own biases and prejudices of themselves, will racism soon start to erode.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 10:41:53 PM »
You also have to take into context, of how one views another or themselves. For instance, several Hip-hop video vixens are half Korean/ half black, both of their fathers were in the military. Now if your culture, (African Am) has more "strong-headed" women in it, and in Korean culture (especailly old skool Korean) the women are taugh to be demure, and submissive. If your in the military, would you want to hear mouth, or get a good meal.? You pick.

You saee many African Am. have such low self esteem ,it is unreal. I know of three women who want to have light skin babies, because they view their dark skin and ahir texture as inferior. One is dating a white dude, another a light Hispanic, and the other likes me. I cannot get with their mentality, nor do I want some child that thinks they are more supeior to other black childen because he or she is lighter than them.

Have you ever talk to a black person, who everything other than black? For instance, they are quick to say: "I have Cherokee and Italian in me, that why my hair is so 'good'. Girl, you know I got that good 'baby hair' rockin'.   

With instances like this, Racism will always exist, only until one over-comes their own biases and prejudices of themselves, will racism soon start to erode.

Yep, ...but is that an inherent affinity, or is it a learned attitude, ...the legacy of centuries of systemic racism and mis-education? It never ceases to amaze me how people can ascribe a 'moral' character to hair.  :-\

I cringe when I hear Caribbean descendants make comments like "They're dark" in an effort to denote shyness in a person. When will the insanity end? I see the cycle of teaching self-hate in those supposedly attempting to eradicate it too. There's this girl I went to University with who had a bi-racial baby. And whenever she was upset with her son she'd say things to him like "You're white!". That is just sooo incredibly horrifying to me, ...especially considering this kid who is growing up in a predominantly Black environment. How can you teach your kids to hate themselves? That's seriously messed up.
w

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »
Yep, ...but is that an inherent affinity, or is it a learned attitude, ...the legacy of centuries of systemic racism and mis-education? It never ceases to amaze me how people can ascribe a 'moral' character to hair.  :-\

I cringe when I hear Caribbean descendants make comments like "They're dark" in an effort to denote shyness in a person. When will the insanity end? I see the cycle of teaching self-hate in those supposedly attempting to eradicate it too. There's this girl I went to University with who had a bi-racial baby. And whenever she was upset with her son she'd say things to him like "You're white!". That is just sooo incredibly horrifying to me, ...especially considering this kid who is growing up in a predominantly Black environment. How can you teach your kids to hate themselves? That's seriously messed up.

According to the article I read, their will be no "You're white!"  Even the N word will be a thing of the past.  The stronger genes will dominate the weaker traits and we will become 1 race.  A homogenized human race where we might have traits, but they won't be as predominate as they are today.  If you think hard, it's happened throughout history and with the world such a small place now, global marriages and mixed blood children will be the norm.  Weaker traits and deceases will be gone, stereotypes, a thing of the past.  If we don't change, a nuclear war will change us.  I think we will smarten up enough by then, but I still believe raceism, as we know it today, will be a thing of the past.  How can it continue?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 03:48:20 PM »
:)st.  The stronger genes will dominate the weaker traits and we will become 1 race.  A homogenized human race where we might have traits, but they won't be as predominate as they are today.  If you think hard, it's happened throughout history and with the world such a small place now, global marriages and mixed blood children will be the norm.  Weaker traits and deceases will be gone, stereotypes, a thing of the past.  If we don't change, a nuclear war will change us.  I think we will smarten up enough by then, but I still believe raceism, as we know it today, will be a thing of the past.  How can it continue?

Anytime you have the "Europeanization", if that is a word, but I heard it today, or where Eurpoean have had contact with people of Color racism has existed.

For instance, this woman today was talking on the Michael Baisden show (author of "Maintenance Man", and others) , she was a black woman who had a black daughter and a biracial daughter (mulatto). Well whites pay more attention to the biracial girl, than the black girl. Why? Because she is more closer to the "ideal", read white. And in a sense, that is pitting the darker child (black), versus the lighter child. Who is more beautiful

Look at Brazil, it is more mixed than the US will ever be, but yet they have I believe 80 plus names you list yourself for the census...like its a dog show or something. 

Just because people are mixed, don't mean shit, unless the parents are themselves okay with their own race (Typically they are not--especially in the US), and teach their children to love themselves as humans first, and the truth to them raw ("Yes honey, you are a half-breed"0, then the kids will be okay

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 03:58:51 PM »
I guess I really don't get these things because of my personal experience.

I, technically, am 'mixed', 1/2 indigenous Carib and 1/2 black. I can honestly say I have never had an issue with race related dramas at anytime. The closest I come to it, is reading this board, and some minor incidents that have occurred here with tourists saying something daft. My island seems very accepting, or/and very non-carish about race, most likely due to the very small size which makes any form of even mild segregation impossible. White, black, dark, light....it is like whatever. Unfortunately, we do however have a terrible problem with homophobia. Most gays end up moving, it is that bad :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »

I, technically, am 'mixed', 1/2 indigenous Carib and 1/2 black. I can honestly say I have never had an issue with race related dramas at anytime. The closest I come to it, is reading this board, and some minor incidents that have occurred here with tourists saying something daft. My island seems very accepting, or/and very non-carish about race, most likely due to the very small size which makes any form of even mild segregation impossible. White, black, dark, light....it is like whatever. Unfortunately, we do however have a terrible problem with homophobia. Most gays end up moving, it is that bad :-\

CQ your half Carib Indian, I thought they died (killed) out, as in "Extinct"? They could work the sugat plantations, and were dying out due to being genetically isolated (read: were not used to European germs and diseases), but blacks were more resistant, and were used to the tropical climate and were used to the same germs and diseases.

You have to understand the US is diff from the Caribbean and latin Am., there was a diff type of slave system, more harsh and "in your place" type, remember these were Anglos, not Latin or French, who were softer and allow the blacks to mixed ( or mix with the blacks), beleiving that their "superior" culture would rub off (Believe me, I talked to a Senegalese woman who said that, the French find it offensive if one talks of thier Senegalese culture)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »

I heard there is some prejudice involving light-skinned and dark-skinned Jamaicans.  Is that true? 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 04:45:52 PM »
CQ your half Carib Indian, I thought they died (killed) out, as in "Extinct"? They could work the sugat plantations, and were dying out due to being genetically isolated (read: were not used to European germs and diseases), but blacks were more resistant, and were used to the tropical climate and were used to the same germs and diseases.

You have to understand the US is diff from the Caribbean and latin Am., there was a diff type of slave system, more harsh and "in your place" type, remember these were Anglos, not Latin or French, who were softer and allow the blacks to mixed ( or mix with the blacks), beleiving that their "superior" culture would rub off (Believe me, I talked to a Senegalese woman who said that, the French find it offensive if one talks of thier Senegalese culture)

There are not a lot of Caribs but far from died out. The other thing is, here we call Carib any native people...no real division amongst us of Taino, Arawak, Carib etc. There is a reservation in Dominica, I understand they live there quite traditionally. I have no idea how many are alive today, but they are far from extinct. Full blooded Caribs are pretty rare, you tend to only see mega old people that are full blood. I once googled it, and read that Caribs were extinct, which stupified me as I was at my mom's house looking right at a full blooded one ;D

Caribs, well here, would not really be thought of as Indian fyi. Trust me, I know it is different in the US, I lived there for a 18 months before. Very, very, very different.......

I heard there is some prejudice involving light-skinned and dark-skinned Jamaicans.  Is that true? 

I'm not Jamaican, but I have spent a fair amount of time there. I would say yes, but in many cases it is more economics. To understand light skinned Jamaicans tend to be richer as they descend from some form of slave master/european immigrant and the wealth is passed down. Dark skinned Jamaicans tend to be poorer - in general. Like I am sure many have heard of the singer Sean Paul? He is from a weathy family. Again, I am not Jamaican, so that is just my thoughts...far from fact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
There are not a lot of Caribs but far from died out. The other thing is, here we call Carib any native people...no real division amongst us of Taino, Arawak, Carib etc. There is a reservation in Dominica, I understand they live there quite traditionally. I have no idea how many are alive today, but they are far from extinct. Full blooded Caribs are pretty rare, you tend to only see mega old people that are full blood. I once googled it, and read that Caribs were extinct, which stupified me as I was at my mom's house looking right at a full blooded one ;D

Caribs, well here, would not really be thought of as Indian fyi. Trust me, I know it is different in the US, I lived there for a 18 months before. Very, very, very different.......

I'm not Jamaican, but I have spent a fair amount of time there. I would say yes, but in many cases it is more economics. To understand light skinned Jamaicans tend to be richer as they descend from some form of slave master/european immigrant and the wealth is passed down. Dark skinned Jamaicans tend to be poorer - in general. Like I am sure many have heard of the singer Sean Paul? He is from a weathy family. Again, I am not Jamaican, so that is just my thoughts...far from fact.

Thanks.  What island are you from? 

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 04:55:24 PM »
Anytime you have the "Europeanization", if that is a word, but I heard it today, or where Eurpoean have had contact with people of Color racism has existed.

Racism is NOT a european thing only. Just more obvious because Europeans had more power.

Look at africa, lot of tribes, lots of fights. A lot of hating going on. The japanese basically believed (and still do today to some degree) that they were better than the rest. What arabians did to blacks wasnt pretty as well. (Look at Darfur now.)
What the chinese are doing to their minorities... The turcks and kurds never got along and the turcks basically decimated the armenians in a genocide.

Just some examples.

Actually, the Spaniards and Portuguese probably treated their slaves worse than the Anglos. It is however true that they were more into mixing. The Anglos believed in the one-drip rule, trying to preserve "purity" and clarity. In latin-america you had diff. classes where a mestizo is "better" than a mulatto and that's better than a black guy. However they cared more about what truly matters, sex and money, and not so much about the fate of their slaves or about racial purity and taboos.

Slaves were worth good money, so generally they were not treated as bad as people sometimes think. Transportation must have been pure hell though.
$

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »
Thanks.  What island are you from? 

One no one has ever heard of, trust me :-\

I await the day someone guesses correctly

.Actually, the Spaniards and Portuguese probably treated their slaves worse than the Anglos. It is however true that they were more into mixing. The Anglos believed in the one-drip rule, trying to preserve "purity" and clarity. In latin-america you had diff. classes where a mestizo is "better" than a mulatto and that's better than a black guy. However they cared more about what truly matters, sex and money, and not so much about the fate of their slaves or about racial purity and taboos.

Slaves were worth good money, so generally they were not treated as bad as people sometimes think. Transportation must have been pure hell though.

Interesting.

May I enquire how/why the Span/Port treated their slaves worse than the anglos?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »

Well, it's a finite list.   :)

Anguilla
 Antigua & Barbuda
 Aruba

The Bahamas
 New Providence
 Grand Bahama
 Abaco
 Out Islands

Barbados
 Belize
 Bermuda
 Bonaire

British Virgin Islands
 Tortola
 Virgin Gorda
 Other Islands

Cayman Islands
 Cuba
 Curaçao
 Dominica
 Dominican Republic
 Grenada
 Guadeloupe
 Guyana
 Haiti

Jamaica
 Kingston
 Montego Bay
 Negril
 Ocho Rios
 Port Antonio
 South Coast

Martinique

Montserrat
 Puerto Rico
 Saba
 St Barts
 St Eustatius
 St Kitts & Nevis
 St Lucia
 St Maarten
 St Martin
 St Vincent
 Suriname
 Trinidad & Tobago
 Turks & Caicos

US Virgin Islands
 St Thomas
 St Croix
 St John

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »

Just some examples.Actually, the Spaniards and Portuguese probably treated their slaves worse than the Anglos. It is however true that they were more into mixing. The Anglos believed in the one-drip rule, trying to preserve "purity" and clarity. In latin-america you had diff. classes where a mestizo is "better" than a mulatto and that's better than a black guy. However they cared more about what truly matters, sex and money, and not so much about the fate of their slaves or about racial purity and taboos.

European version of slavery in the New World was the worst ever! Who actually started the slave trade that Europeans would come to adopt? The Arabs did of course. But their version of slavery was actually closer to slavery in ancient times where slaves would recieve decent and humane treatment, would be able to buy their freedom and after they finished their work they would be able to go and do work else where for wages.

Why are you blaming Arab muslims for slavery and the situation in the Sudan? Far as I know the regime in the Sudan is headed by a black African. The Arabs starting the slave trade with the tribes of west African actually helped those tribes to flourish, as those tribes recieved spices and salt from the Arabs. Spices and salt helped to preserve food for those tribes in the moist climate of west Africa.

You are right when you that racism isn't European only. But when you look at from a broad perspective, you can't help but focus more on atrocities commited by white Europeans against other races. No other race has commited more crimes against humanity than white. From the worst form of slavery, ethnocentrism, imperialism and just complete genocide of Native North American, as well as Native South American cultures.

The United States, maybe the greatest nation on earth has a rich history of racism. From the near genocide of native Americans, to not even recognizing African Americans as human beings until the late 20th century.

While I agree racism is a pest to humanity, the way to rid ourselves of is not to go around humping people of different races, but to learn respect and educate ourselves on the rich history of other people.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »
Well Beach Bum, it's on there, so you did guess correctly ;D

Camel Jockey - excellent post.

Faust

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 05:41:58 PM »

Interesting.

May I enquire how/why the Span/Port treated their slaves worse than the anglos?

Something i read. It was regarding Brazil, how people sometimes think there is (was) no racism there and people freely mingled and had fun. Basically, the portuguese were pioneers in the trans-atlantic slave trade. Most slaves that died on transport were not to the US, but to Latin-america. The difference was quite shocking when i saw the numbers (dont remember them exactly).

" Absentee ownership, particulary in Brazil and the Caribbean islands often caused the over seers to literally work the slaves to death. They had little or no incentive to take care of some body elses "property".  "
Of course: "The treatment of slaves varied in time and location "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

"The Portuguese began the practice in 1444. These were African people captured by other Africans and transported to the western coast of Africa. Spain soon followed, but for more than a century Portugal virtually monopolized the African traffic. Throughout the 15th century, Arab traders in northern Africa shipped African people taken from central Africa to markets in Arabia, Iran, and India."
$

Faust

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
European version of slavery in the New World was the worst ever! Who actually started the slave trade that Europeans would come to adopt? The Arabs did of course. But their version of slavery was actually closer to slavery in ancient times where slaves would recieve decent and humane treatment, would be able to buy their freedom and after they finished their work they would be able to go and do work else where for wages.

Why are you blaming Arab muslims for slavery and the situation in the Sudan? Far as I know the regime in the Sudan is headed by a black African. The Arabs starting the slave trade with the tribes of west African actually helped those tribes to flourish, as those tribes recieved spices and salt from the Arabs. Spices and salt helped to preserve food for those tribes in the moist climate of west Africa.

You are right when you that racism isn't European only. But when you look at from a broad perspective, you can't help but focus more on atrocities commited by white Europeans against other races. No other race has commited more crimes against humanity than white. From the worst form of slavery, ethnocentrism, imperialism and just complete genocide of Native North American, as well as Native South American cultures.

The United States, maybe the greatest nation on earth has a rich history of racism. From the near genocide of native Americans, to not even recognizing African Americans as human beings until the late 20th century.

While I agree racism is a pest to humanity, the way to rid ourselves of is not to go around humping people of different races, but to learn respect and educate ourselves on the rich history of other people.
The situation in Darfur is complex but from what i've heard it's arabs (funny you squeeze in the word "muslim") attacking blacks. I have the feeling you feel attacked. I'm not apologizing, or trying to belittle slavery. I'm not trying to attack arabs, but i don't think you should defend arab slavery either. It's never a walk in the park, i doubt it was a "fair trade" as you are implying it was.

I try to look at it from all different viewpoints. People typically only see it from the one it fits them best...
$

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2006, 06:07:58 PM »
Well Beach Bum, it's on there, so you did guess correctly ;D

What do I win?   ;D

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2006, 08:45:27 PM »
I don't know what you guys are seeing about the future...But just watch the news some night and really take a look at what your seeing...Take a look at the commericials and take a look at what is actually on TV...Why is their a "china town" in major cities and nobody bats and eye about it

You are being force fed "racism" in a subliquel way...We are becoming more and more segregated...Their are many spanish channels...BET has their own channel...The former WB is mostly made up of black actors and it goes on and on...Its no secret that the Jews have a strong hold on most of hollywood and the TV networks...And its also no secret that they stick together and  marry their own and hire their own...Of course their are exceptions to that but take a look at the credits of your favorite sitcom ..It can tell alot...Take a good look at your government...What is made up of...

We are being told to be tolerant to other racist but are being force fed something diff....The same way the war on drugs doesn't work...Its just a show...Its not meant to work...

I believe that it will get worse...And class warfare is going on as we speak...It all comes down to the have's and have nots...As our middle class starts to evaporate, you will see it more...The have's are using words like racist and what not to move their agenda without being discovered...

What do you think will happen when cures for certain diseases are made available? Maybe thru gene therapy and what not...who do you think will live longer and healthier...It certainly won't be the poor or even the middle class...What kind of genes in your  baby do you think people will chose when that comes available??

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »
Racism is NOT a european thing only. Just more obvious because Europeans had more power.

Just some examples.Actually, the Spaniards and Portuguese probably treated their slaves worse than the Anglos.

I didn't mean to imply that Racism was a European thing, I know that it is not, I was only going by my, experience as a Am.

It is actually quite debatable who had the worse form of slavery, between teh the Anglos, Spanish and Portuguese. But, I have to disagree with you, one of my professors was from the Barbados, and  he and I used analyze the differences in the way the Caribbean and Latin Am system of slavey was diff frm the AM.  to  With the latter blacks were allowed to keep more of their culture, in fact infusing it with the Church. If you look at the Spanish and Portugues systems in Latin Am. they allowed slaves to advance within the Church, and many churches were intergrated, rather than the Am. (anglo) system where they were segregated. And look at Voodon, Candoble, and other African based,or african influenced religions that blend traditional African religious practices with Catholicism, you'll only find these in Latin Am. the Caribbean or in Louisana (French), where slavery was lax.

There are some good books on this topic, PM me  if you want the titles, if I can find them ;D

I don't know what you guys are seeing about the future...But just watch the news some night and really take a look at what your seeing...Take a look at the commericials and take a look at what is actually on TV...Why is their a "china town" in major cities and nobody bats and eye about it

You are being force fed "racism" in a subliquel way...We are becoming more and more segregated...Their are many spanish channels...BET has their own channel...The former WB is mostly made up of black actors and it goes on and on...Its no secret that the Jews have a strong hold on most of hollywood and the TV networks...And its also no secret that they stick together and  marry their own and hire their own...Of course their are exceptions to that but take a look at the credits of your favorite sitcom ..It can tell alot...Take a good look at your government...What is made up of...

We are being told to be tolerant to other racist but are being force fed something diff....The same way the war on drugs doesn't work...Its just a show...Its not meant to work...

I believe that it will get worse...And class warfare is going on as we speak...It all comes down to the have's and have nots...As our middle class starts to evaporate, you will see it more...The have's are using words like racist and what not to move their agenda without being discovered...

What do you think will happen when cures for certain diseases are made available? Maybe thru gene therapy and what not...who do you think will live longer and healthier...It certainly won't be the poor or even the middle class...What kind of genes in your  baby do you think people will chose when that comes available??

Great post, very profound.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »
The situation in Darfur is complex but from what i've heard it's arabs (funny you squeeze in the word "muslim") attacking blacks. I have the feeling you feel attacked. I'm not apologizing, or trying to belittle slavery. I'm not trying to attack arabs, but i don't think you should defend arab slavery either. It's never a walk in the park, i doubt it was a "fair trade" as you are implying it was.

I try to look at it from all different viewpoints. People typically only see it from the one it fits them best...

I was just pointing out that European slavery was worse than any other type before or after it.

I am not arab btw, but I felt the need to come to their defense as they and muslims around the world are under a lot heat these days.