Author Topic: Muslims in Britain by the numbers  (Read 3556 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Muslims in Britain by the numbers
« on: October 06, 2006, 11:15:05 PM »
Based on data from the 2001 national census, a 162-page study paints a relatively bleak picture of life for Britain's 1.8 million Muslims, most of whom are ethnic Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

"Of the different religious groups, unemployment rates among Muslims were more than double those in other groups," it found.

Some 17 percent of Muslim men and 18 percent of Muslim women were unemployed compared to just five percent of Christian men and four percent of Christian women.

"Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Black African groups had low levels of participation in the labour market," the study found.

"Their high unemployment rates suggest that even when active in the labour market they experienced difficulties finding employment."

A third of Muslims lived in households which, according to the census definition, were overcrowded, compared to just six percent of Britain's Christians.

Some 44 percent of ethnic Bangladeshi and 26 percent of ethnic Pakistani households were deemed to be overcrowded, against an average for the country of seven percent.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Muslims in Britain by the numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:19:40 PM »
Does pepsi tastes better than coke?

who gives a shit

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:20:52 PM »
so what? if they decide to get up and move their whole gigantic families to a foreign nation, they cant expect to just be catered to by that nation and provided with jobs. whose fault is it that their homes are on average overcrowded?

you dont see big numbers of british moving to pakistan, establishing little communities, then whining about pakistan not giving them jobs and not providing everything nice for them.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 01:53:23 AM »
so what? if they decide to get up and move their whole gigantic families to a foreign nation, they cant expect to just be catered to by that nation and provided with jobs. whose fault is it that their homes are on average overcrowded?

you dont see big numbers of british moving to pakistan, establishing little communities, then whining about pakistan not giving them jobs and not providing everything nice for them.

Problem is, they are provided with jobs, but they are provided with welfare too. Lazy disgraceful excuses of "human" beings.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 06:11:01 AM »

Not trying to be argumentative but the British do that to other nations though [as do other '1st world residents]

Islands like Cayman, Bermuda, Turks and Caicos etc, who have banking/insurance as their major economies are heavily populated by Brits. There are tens of thousands of ex-patriates there on temporary work permits for the banking industry, lured by the high tax-free wages, sun and sand. And trust me, they do establish their own communities, in general do not integrate, and pretty much whine alot. Not all of course, some are great people that respect the island they are in. I read before about East Indians that had emigrated to the UK saying they should have all female schools for Muslim girls where the they can cover themselves head to toe - provided free by the UK government. How rude. To me, it seems that there are always a select few, of all nationalites, that move to another nation and don't respect it. If you are going to complain about wherever you move to - I think you should go right on back home.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:53:25 AM »
The big problem is that they are creating "ghettos". Feeding each other's negativity, speaking the home-language, living in the old culture and basically not integrating.

I have some muslim friends and they are great. But that's because they went to "white" schools, learned to interact with other people. These guys have no problem with the language, don't whine, and have no problem getting a job.

Only in the big cities they flock togheter and that's when the problems start. Imo the governments really fuck up on this one, but the (muslim) minorities don't seem to do much to improve their situation either.

CQ: I understand your problems with those men, and i think they're very rude. But at least they have a job, and don't fill up the jails.
$

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:25:19 AM »
Good point Faust.

They couldn't fill the jails anyway, any slight infraction they get packed off back home. A DUI will get their work permit revoked.

Not to sound rude, but my feeble little brain has trouble comprehending why most countries allow all that immigration? I know I am from the 3rd world myself, so this sounds daft, but I do not blame people for not wanting their nation overrun with 3rd worlders. What is the 'up side' to allowing massive immigration?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 10:00:06 AM »
Good point Faust.

They couldn't fill the jails anyway, any slight infraction they get packed off back home. A DUI will get their work permit revoked.

Not to sound rude, but my feeble little brain has trouble comprehending why most countries allow all that immigration? I know I am from the 3rd world myself, so this sounds daft, but I do not blame people for not wanting their nation overrun with 3rd worlders. What is the 'up side' to allowing massive immigration?

It provides a workforce that will contribute taxes and other payments into a pension plan to support workers about to retire. When the birthrate of a nation will not produce the amount of able-bodied participants paying into the social safety net, it must be augmented with immigrants who will contribute both to the labour force as well as the birth rate.
w

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 10:20:21 AM »
Good point Faust.

Imo, the problem isnt immigration. For me, people can come over even more. I would applaud that. But not from the same couple of countries. They have to come from all over the world, and they have to have a qualification and willingness to integrate/work. As jag says, it could be a good thing.

At first they were "host workers". During the economic boom europe brought in people to "do the dirty work", like working in the mines etc... The plan was to send them back home after working here. They staid however and brought over their families. There also was a lot of immigration from former colonies. Political "refugees" too. Illegal immigration is very hard to stop. After living here for x years some people just get a permit to stay.

Nowadays a lot of muslim men marry a girl from the "homeland", then she could bring over some family as well. Most muslim families have a very high birth rate, so the population grows a lot each generation. Right now, with the expansion of the EU, there's an influx of eastern europeans.

Every nation in Europe is trying to get the number of immigrants down, but it's hard because obviously you can't send back a person married to one of your citizens, somebody that a company attracted, a political refugee, somebody fleeing from war. Even if you send them home (which costs a lot), they can take the next plane back.

Some south american prostitutes use it as a free flight home to take a vacation.
$

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 11:15:33 AM »

their extemely liberal attitude towards immigration and such can pretty much be blamed on nazi germany. the nazi philosophies and methods have been so villified that ever since then europe has been terrified to do anything that could even be close to being interpreted as state-level 'racism' lest they be labeled as 'nazis' by their opponents. basically the backlash to nazi germany and the utter fear europe has of being compared to it or 'going in that direction' in any concieveable form has led them to do the opposite-which is excessively pander to immigrants/foreigners. they are terrified to do anything the public or the world could see as 'racially motivated'. this is why thousands of muslims living in basically foreign communities within france could riot and destroy large sections of Paris, and instead of being evicted from the country they recieved a pat on the wrist, which is absurd.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »
their extemely liberal attitude towards immigration and such can pretty much be blamed on nazi germany. the nazi philosophies and methods have been so villified that ever since then europe has been terrified to do anything that could even be close to being interpreted as state-level 'racism' lest they be labeled as 'nazis' by their opponents. basically the backlash to nazi germany and the utter fear europe has of being compared to it or 'going in that direction' in any concieveable form has led them to do the opposite-which is excessively pander to immigrants/foreigners. they are terrified to do anything the public or the world could see as 'racially motivated'. this is why thousands of muslims living in basically foreign communities within france could riot and destroy large sections of Paris, and instead of being evicted from the country they recieved a pat on the wrist, which is absurd.

Wrong, it has to do with free market economies, which need a steady flow of immigrants.

Parts of the United States, especially New York has big Indian and muslim community, but you don't hear of them doing the same shit they do in Europe. The big thing here is integration. You have similar problems here in the US with the hispanic population, who are changing the US slowly. In certain parts of New York certain hispanic immigrants from Latin America wont even speak english.
The only way to combat things like these is to restrict immigration. Cuz if you allow too many of these people to come in bascially they are gonna form their own communities and wont respect the laws of the land.

What does it matter if the houses are overcrowded? LOL Welcome to the world of poverty. Only whites would have the audacity to place importance on a statistic like such as that.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 07:37:18 PM »
Thanks Jag, Faust and John.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 07:48:46 PM »
Wrong, it has to do with free market economies, which need a steady flow of immigrants.

Parts of the United States, especially New York has big Indian and muslim community, but you don't hear of them doing the same shit they do in Europe. The big thing here is integration. You have similar problems here in the US with the hispanic population, who are changing the US slowly. In certain parts of New York certain hispanic immigrants from Latin America wont even speak english.
The only way to combat things like these is to restrict immigration. Cuz if you allow too many of these people to come in bascially they are gonna form their own communities and wont respect the laws of the land.

What does it matter if the houses are overcrowded? LOL Welcome to the world of poverty. Only whites would have the audacity to place importance on a statistic like such as that.
this is true also, the fact that lots of eurpoean countries are actually losing population and need to actually import workers due to the lack of young people. i was referring mostly to how they deal with the problems associated with these immigrants in my post...the paranoid fear europe has of doing anything which could be deemed ethnically biased.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »
this is true also, the fact that lots of eurpoean countries are actually losing population and need to actually import workers due to the lack of young people. i was referring mostly to how they deal with the problems associated with these immigrants in my post...the paranoid fear europe has of doing anything which could be deemed ethnically biased.

yeah, political correctness shouldn't be used in determining any policy.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 08:05:57 PM »
bangladeshis, pakistanis, and black africans are equally problematic.

since unlike the other groups, black africans can produce stellar athletes and the occasional supermodel, i think it's fairly easy to see which groups should be cut off for being nothing but a drain.  >:(

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »
bangladeshis, pakistanis, and black africans are equally problematic.

since unlike the other groups, black africans can produce stellar athletes and the occasional supermodel, i think it's fairly easy to see which groups should be cut off for being nothing but a drain.  >:(

That is a horrible statement...

Which I found HIGHLY amusing ;D

Someone report me to Ron asap for timeout duty for violating our new PC code of ethics >:(

Iman...she still looks incredible at over 50 yrs old

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 08:46:43 PM »
That is a horrible statement...

Which I found HIGHLY amusing ;D

Someone report me to Ron asap for timeout duty for violating our new PC code of ethics >:(

Iman...she still looks incredible at over 50 yrs old

;D

maybe we can go there together . . . I find myself being censored at the behest of the biggest drag (jag) on getbig, and I don't like it.

I actually had fun in timeout. People like Isaac Hinds come around to make sure you're not getting too bored.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »
;D

maybe we can go there together . . . I find myself being censored at the behest of the biggest drag (jag) on getbig, and I don't like it.

I actually had fun in timeout. People like Isaac Hinds come around to make sure you're not getting too bored.

Yes, I have 'seen' the timeout board and was most amused by some of the posts. I remember also being amused by your posts when you came out.

What did you get sent in there for anyway? I am quite curious.

As to not be accused of hijacking the thread I will comment that...errr....muslims live in the UK. That was on topic :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 09:33:39 PM »
Yes, I have 'seen' the timeout board and was most amused by some of the posts. I remember also being amused by your posts when you came out.

What did you get sent in there for anyway? I am quite curious.

As to not be accused of hijacking the thread I will comment that...errr....muslims live in the UK. That was on topic :)

I said something about Kamali . . . and Ron, in his infinite wisdom, decided that mine were the most offensive of the 2000 or so posts in that thread disparaging Kamali, so I was sent to Time Out.

I have a feeling that Isaac had whined about me ad infinitum, and so Ron finally decided to humor him for a bit.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 09:39:38 PM »
Merci.

Amazing how some get time out for minor infractions, while others run amok.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 09:44:15 PM »
Merci.

in the larger scheme of things, there is justice. a lot of people think they're relatively anonymous on the internet, but those days are gone. once you rise above a certain level professionally, it's amazing what information comes to light.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 09:45:48 PM »
Merci.

I am sick of the double standards around here. Some asshole literally called me the N word, a negroid and a thip lipped porch monkey in the course of an hour but it was ok, because it was before Oct. 2nd? True story. I really doubt that Alexx did anything close to that, I have never even seen him make a racist comment.
E

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 09:49:06 PM »
in the larger scheme of things, there is justice. a lot of people think they're relatively anonymous on the internet, but those days are gone. once you rise above a certain level professionally, it's amazing what information comes to light.

True, but for some people on getbig,  'rise professionally' would mean moving from order-taker to burger-flipper at Mcdonalds, I highly doubt their internet posts will affect them in life :-\

But I agree with what you mean, about the 'larger scheme' - the other thread about the hate messages dictates that perfectly.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »
True, but for some people on getbig,  'rise professionally' would mean moving from order-taker to burger-flipper at Mcdonalds, I highly doubt their internet posts will affect them in life :-\

if that's the case, I consider them already punished.  :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 10:02:25 PM »
I am sick of the double standards around here. Some asshole literally called me the N word, a negroid and a thip lipped porch monkey in the course of an hour but it was ok, because it was before Oct. 2nd? True story. I really doubt that Alexx did anything close to that, I have never even seen him make a racist comment.

I know where you are coming from. I also have never seen Alexxx be racist. He seems pretty nutty, but harmless and good natured. He gets flamed to death and always reacts well. I saw the lists of post to you, it was quite sad.

Don't fear though, the first time I posted I was black I got this lovely, just absolutely charming PM from someone with far worse sentiments than that.

Call me 'ghey' or whatever, but I am pleased with Ron's new ban. Dialogue, race relations talks etc are all great, they are part of the solution, but one person simply posting racist diatribes 25 times a day is not.

Ummmm...anti hi-jack comment...muslims still live in Britain ;)