Author Topic: College Football Fans  (Read 28865 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: College Football Fans
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »

i think Hawaii might have already blown their BCS chances. if they keep playing D like that even with a perfect record i don't think they get into a BCS bowl game.

Did you watch the game?  They gave up too many points, but after getting run over in the first quarter, the D played okay.  And they won on the road.  We'll see how they fare at UNLV tomorrow.  I suspect they'll have an easier time beating UNLV than Wisconsin did. 

Even though I have zero respect for this whole BCS nonsense, I think UH gets in if they win out. 

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »
We shall see I think that USC has to put up or shut up this game.. If they lose they better drop to the 20 spot... I don't think that you guys will take it.. I hope you do, I am the biggest USC hater on the face of the earth.. They lost a game last year and still got to play in the biggest game of the year..

why would usc fall to 20th? do you think there are 20 teams better than them out there?
what are you talking about playing in the biggest game of the year??? please explain
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2007, 10:07:29 AM »
Did you watch the game?  They gave up too many points, but after getting run over in the first quarter, the D played okay.  And they won on the road.  We'll see how they fare at UNLV tomorrow.  I suspect they'll have an easier time beating UNLV than Wisconsin did. 

Even though I have zero respect for this whole BCS nonsense, I think UH gets in if they win out. 

everyone has an off game or two throughout the season, but La. Tech should be a walkover. it's not like going on the road to Athens, College Station or Gainsville. i highly doubt La Tech is an intimidating place to play a road game.

remember the pollsters now control the BCS. we saw that last year when they moved Florida ahead of Michigan. what does Hawaii have to finish in the BCS? top 12 i believe. they will need Boise State to win out, Washington to have a solid season and then blow both of those teams out to get their ranking high enough.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2007, 01:09:47 PM »
everyone has an off game or two throughout the season, but La. Tech should be a walkover. it's not like going on the road to Athens, College Station or Gainsville. i highly doubt La Tech is an intimidating place to play a road game.

remember the pollsters now control the BCS. we saw that last year when they moved Florida ahead of Michigan. what does Hawaii have to finish in the BCS? top 12 i believe. they will need Boise State to win out, Washington to have a solid season and then blow both of those teams out to get their ranking high enough.

What you say is true (about the voters) only because of this BCS vs. non-BCS nonsense.  "BCS" schools eek out wins all the time over lesser opponents.  Ohio State should have rolled over Ball State last year.  I looked at the scores from last week:

- Louisville gave up 42 points to Middle Tenn.
- Florida gave up 31 to Troy.
- Wisconsin barely beat UNLV 20-13 late in the fourth.
- Cal barely beat Colo. State 34-28.
- Nebraska barely beat Wake Forest 20-17.
- A & M needed OT to beat Fresno 47-45. 

You don't see those teams plummeting in the polls, because they are "BCS" schools.   ::)

I don't think we need to blow teams like La Tech out.  You should check out their roster.  Not a great team, but they always have very good athletes.  Corn fed Iowa boys.  They get a lot of the LSU rejects. 

I'm okay with just getting a win at La Tech.  I'd be more concerned if we needed OT to beat Utah State.  I watched the game twice.  We created zero turnovers and lost three turnovers (all leading to points).  Anytime you can do that and win on the road it's a good thing. 

I think if we are the only undefeated team in the country (a possibility), there is no way they keep us out, whether we win by 1 or 20 most weeks. 

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »
well nebraska got rolled last night. the game was not as close as the score ended up being. usc ran the ball right at the huskers. it was colorado 2001 all over again.

USC has all the talent in the world and they just keep getting the breaks as well  >:(

nebraska just kicked a FG to go up 10-7 and the place is going nuts and on the kickoff the returner gets laid out at the 22yd line. he fumbles the ball and it bounces big time to the other side of the field where a USC player picks it up and returns it another 30 yds. then the returner is hurt pretty bad and is attended to for about 15 minutes. the crowd was totally taken out of it. from there USC just rammed the ball down the huskers throats

one more tune up and then conference play. no time to look back
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
USC had over 300 yards rushing.   :o

Did you notice how Texas plummeted in the polls after squeaking by Univ. of Central Florida 35-32?   ::)

Nice win by the Warriors.  Funny how Wisconsin struggled to beat UNLV and we handled them from start to finish, beating them by 35 points.  Colt was great again:  26 for 32 (I counted at least 3 drops), 298 yards, 2 TDs, 3 rushing TDs, in 3 quarters.  That's 16 TDs passing/rushing in 9 quarters. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »
Damn...I thought it was tough rooting for Michigan but being an ND fan must really suck :o

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2007, 11:37:39 AM »
Give ND fans some credit....i just can't stand Charlie Weis...ND will be back, they are sitting at #1 as recruiting goes
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »
Somewhere in the state of Washington, Ty Willingham is smiling. . . .

body88

« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2007, 05:47:02 AM »
BC now ranked 11th in the nation. I see them winning the acc this year. Matt Ryan is going to make a very good pro qb imo. Not bad not bad  :D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2007, 06:05:14 AM »
Penn State should not have moved out of the top 20, but I can understand why the pollsters did so.  Penn State hasn't beaten a ranked opponent yet.  I do believe Michigan will work their way back into the top 15 before the season is over.  They are still a threat to win the Big Ten.  Ohio State is still the favorite by far though.  Penn State should have been Michigan.  4 blown chances in th red zone won't get it done.  They need a quarterback, because Morelli stinks!  >:(

body88

« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2007, 06:12:39 AM »
Give ND fans some credit....i just can't stand Charlie Weis...ND will be back, they are sitting at #1 as recruiting goes

Tell him to get his ass back to the NFL. He was a helluva offensive coordinator. Although McDaniels is pretty good to  8)

body88

« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »
Eagles up to sixth in the nation on the coaches pole. All those returning seniors are really helping out.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »
Hey BF,hows ND doin? ;D ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »
Eagles up to sixth in the nation on the coaches pole. All those returning seniors are really helping out.

Good to see something other than the usual suspects climbing the polls. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
Penn State should not have moved out of the top 20, but I can understand why the pollsters did so.  Penn State hasn't beaten a ranked opponent yet.  I do believe Michigan will work their way back into the top 15 before the season is over.  They are still a threat to win the Big Ten.  Ohio State is still the favorite by far though. Penn State should have been Michigan.  4 blown chances in th red zone won't get it done.  They need a quarterback, because Morelli stinks!  >:(

For once I agree with you on something.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
You have the SEC, then you have everyone else.  Aside from USC, there isn't any team in the land that can play with the top 5-6 teams from the SEC.  I think this will change somewhat soon due to recruiting...a lot of the Big 10, Big East, and ACC teams are recruiting more from the hotspots of the country....Florida(particularily So. Fla.), California, and Texas.  More all-americans come from these areas than all others combined.  IF other schools didn't recruit from these areas, they would never be able to compete with the likes of Miami, USC, Florida, FSU, Texas, Georgia, and primarily other SEC teams.  Hell, Rutgers came into prominence because they've dipped heavily into Dade and Broward county's recruiting pool...they even have a billboard in South Miami and the majority of their rosters hails from south Florida.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2007, 08:44:54 PM »
You have the SEC, then you have everyone else.  Aside from USC, there isn't any team in the land that can play with the top 5-6 teams from the SEC.  I think this will change somewhat soon due to recruiting...a lot of the Big 10, Big East, and ACC teams are recruiting more from the hotspots of the country....Florida(particularily So. Fla.), California, and Texas.  More all-americans come from these areas than all others combined.  IF other schools didn't recruit from these areas, they would never be able to compete with the likes of Miami, USC, Florida, FSU, Texas, Georgia, and primarily other SEC teams.  Hell, Rutgers came into prominence because they've dipped heavily into Dade and Broward county's recruiting pool...they even have a billboard in South Miami and the majority of their rosters hails from south Florida.

are you retarded? that might be the stupidest post on this thread....actually it's been confirmed. it is the stupidest post on this thread   ::)
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2007, 08:46:37 PM »

teams have been recruiting from those places for  decades now. did you just wake up last week and start watching college football?
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
I don't know how to post pictures, but there is shot of UH WR Davone Bess making a one-handed grab late in the game on Friday.  One of the best catches I've seen, given the weather conditions and game situation.  Scroll down about halfway through the story. 

http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/13/sports/story02.html

body88

« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2007, 09:51:46 PM »
Pretty pumped BC is the number 3 ranked team in the nation. I knew this team would be good considering the amount of returning seniors they had,  and also a healthy Matt Ryan. No idea they would be top three in the nation.

The running game is damn good to  :) Jags has been fantastic so far. When coach O left I was worried.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2007, 09:09:16 AM »
Posted on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Hawaii QB Brennan going to Senior Bowl

By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer

Hawai'i quarterback Colt Brennan has accepted an invitation to play in the 2008 Senior Bowl.

"That's huge," Brennan said of the invitation. "That's very cool."

The Senior Bowl, set for Jan. 26 in Mobile, Ala., is administered by the National Football League. Hundreds of scouts, coaches and personnel directors attend the practices and workouts leading to the game.

Steve Hale, the bowl's president and chief executive officer, attended the Warriors' 42-35 comeback victory over San Jose State Friday. The Warriors trailed by 14 points with less than four minutes remaining before Brennan threw a scoring pass to Davone Bess and then ran 2 yards with 31 seconds remaining in regulation to force overtime.

"The mark of a good quarterback is how the team responds in the fourth quarter," Hale said. "Colt showed a lot of poise and how competitive he is in bringing Hawai'i back to win the game. Colt is an outstanding quarterback."

Hale said he had a greater appreciation of Brennan after a pregame meeting and watching the game in person. Spartan Stadium's field was muddy after a day-long rainfall.

"Television and video don't do a quarterback justice, particularly Colt," Hale said. "He has a quick release. His passes have a lot of velocity. He has excellent accuracy. Seeing him in those conditions in San Jose was very impressive. He operated in very adverse conditions. It was as bad a condition as you could put a quarterback in, and he handled it well."

Most highly regarded quarterbacks usually opt not to play in all-star games. Brennan said he "definitely" will play.

"There are so many stereotypes and things I have to overcome being in the position I am," Brennan said. "It's not like I'm a guy like (Louisville quarterback Brian) Brohm or Brady Quinn of last year, where everything is already settled, where everyone thinks you're good. I have all of these question marks still. People haven't seen us. Unfortunately, our nationally televised game wasn't my best game, and the conditions were really tough to showcase how talented we are."

"As the season goes on, and we get a couple of more games on national TV, hopefully more questions will be answered," Brennan continued. "Going to the Senior Bowl, really, is the best opportunity for me to make a statement."

Hale said Brennan will benefit from the meetings with NFL officials during Senior Bowl week.

"It will be a great opportunity to spend time with National Football League teams and let them get to know him," Hale said. "There's so much more to being a quarterback than throwing the ball. After being there in person, I have an appreciation for his skills."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/SPORTS0201/710170425/1032&template=UHsports

body88

« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
Posted on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Hawaii QB Brennan going to Senior Bowl

By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer

Hawai'i quarterback Colt Brennan has accepted an invitation to play in the 2008 Senior Bowl.

"That's huge," Brennan said of the invitation. "That's very cool."

The Senior Bowl, set for Jan. 26 in Mobile, Ala., is administered by the National Football League. Hundreds of scouts, coaches and personnel directors attend the practices and workouts leading to the game.

Steve Hale, the bowl's president and chief executive officer, attended the Warriors' 42-35 comeback victory over San Jose State Friday. The Warriors trailed by 14 points with less than four minutes remaining before Brennan threw a scoring pass to Davone Bess and then ran 2 yards with 31 seconds remaining in regulation to force overtime.

"The mark of a good quarterback is how the team responds in the fourth quarter," Hale said. "Colt showed a lot of poise and how competitive he is in bringing Hawai'i back to win the game. Colt is an outstanding quarterback."

Hale said he had a greater appreciation of Brennan after a pregame meeting and watching the game in person. Spartan Stadium's field was muddy after a day-long rainfall.

"Television and video don't do a quarterback justice, particularly Colt," Hale said. "He has a quick release. His passes have a lot of velocity. He has excellent accuracy. Seeing him in those conditions in San Jose was very impressive. He operated in very adverse conditions. It was as bad a condition as you could put a quarterback in, and he handled it well."

Most highly regarded quarterbacks usually opt not to play in all-star games. Brennan said he "definitely" will play.

"There are so many stereotypes and things I have to overcome being in the position I am," Brennan said. "It's not like I'm a guy like (Louisville quarterback Brian) Brohm or Brady Quinn of last year, where everything is already settled, where everyone thinks you're good. I have all of these question marks still. People haven't seen us. Unfortunately, our nationally televised game wasn't my best game, and the conditions were really tough to showcase how talented we are."

"As the season goes on, and we get a couple of more games on national TV, hopefully more questions will be answered," Brennan continued. "Going to the Senior Bowl, really, is the best opportunity for me to make a statement."

Hale said Brennan will benefit from the meetings with NFL officials during Senior Bowl week.

"It will be a great opportunity to spend time with National Football League teams and let them get to know him," Hale said. "There's so much more to being a quarterback than throwing the ball. After being there in person, I have an appreciation for his skills."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/SPORTS0201/710170425/1032&template=UHsports

Hey beach I work with a woman who went to UH. She loved it. Said she went to many games.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »

Hey beach I work with a woman who went to UH. She loved it. Said she went to many games.

Cool.  What the heck is she doing in Boston?   :)  It's a great school and the games are awesome, particularly when we sell out. 

The 23 Nov. Boise game is almost sold out already. 

body88

« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2007, 11:54:20 AM »
Cool.  What the heck is she doing in Boston?   :)  It's a great school and the games are awesome, particularly when we sell out. 

The 23 Nov. Boise game is almost sold out already. 

She transfered to BC her Junior year ( said she was homesick, what a pussy)  ;)