Author Topic: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND  (Read 8669 times)

hifrommike

• Getbig III
Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
« on: October 08, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
I just caught it on the new DVD.  He appears as a new "bad guy" mutant named Juggernaut.  How big is this guy anyway?  He looked to be over 300 pounds of solid muscle.  I have never seen forearms this big on anyone.  However, it could just be the intense closeups in widescreen.  I couldn't locate any info on his prep for this film, but did find out that he's signed for the 4th & 5th film in the series if they happen.  What's more likely is that he'll appear in the WOLVERINE film, which in effect will be the 4th of the series. 

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:47:56 PM »
I just caught it on the new DVD.  He appears as a new "bad guy" mutant named Juggernaut.  How big is this guy anyway?  He looked to be over 300 pounds of solid muscle.  I have never seen forearms this big on anyone.  However, it could just be the intense closeups in widescreen.  I couldn't locate any info on his prep for this film, but did find out that he's signed for the 4th & 5th film in the series if they happen.  What's more likely is that he'll appear in the WOLVERINE film, which in effect will be the 4th of the series. 

he's wearing a prop of fake muslces.....

monster prep

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »
The guy used to be a professional soccer player in England, and has never been "big".  A very hard player, would have kicked you before looking at you.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »
they're bringing that guy back? He was lame, all he did was put his head down and run through shit.
E

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »
he's wearing a prop of fake muslces.....

monster prep
Yup, he used to be a soccer player, which by Getbig's rating standards is one step up from 'swimmer.'

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »

Vinnie Jones was a feared soccer player for his attitude and ruthlessness, he turned moviestar (and not unsuccesfull) after his soccer-career was over. Well-known for his role In Lock-stock but he's played in well over 30 movies (check IMDB.com).
In real life he's very normal looking, his film character in X-man has been digitally enhanced.

Edit...too late...

irish_strenght

• Getbig II
  • sex me im irish
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »
yea it was a fake suit hes a scumbag he headbutted an old man in ireland for nothing real tough guy he was only tough in soccer cause their all wimps anyway

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 02:53:10 PM »
they're bringing that guy back? He was lame, all he did was put his head down and run through shit.
Lame? Obviously you've never been on the receiving end of the full power of the Gem of Cytorrak! ;D
I min/max my physique

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 02:55:50 PM »
Lame? Obviously you've never been on the receiving end of the full power of the Gem of Cytorrak! ;D
...and those in the know, know that  the juggernaut(cain marko),is cyclop's brother!

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 03:00:47 PM »
...and those in the know, know that  the juggernaut(cain marko),is cyclop's brother!
Pshaw! And you are obviously not one of them! Cain Marko is Professor Xavier's half brother, who was turned into Juggernaut when he found the Gem of Cytorrak while exploring some ancient ruins. Havok (Alex Summers) is Cyclops' brother, and their father was the Captain of the Starjammers. Xavier also had a spiritual evil twin sister that he killed in the womb and who later came back, but that's a whole other story. And this is all primary Marvel universe canon, mind you, not Ultimate Universe. Juggernaut is just a mutant in the Ultimate Marvel universe.
I min/max my physique

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 03:01:44 PM »

You obviously don't know shit about X-Men if you're bitching about The Invincible Juggernaught.

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 03:03:15 PM »
Pshaw! And you are obviously not one of them! Cain Marko is Professor Xavier's half brother, who was turned into Juggernaut when he found the Gem of Cytorrak while exploring some ancient ruins. Havok (Alex Summers) is Cyclops' brother, and their father was the Captain of the Starjammers. Xavier also had a spiritual evil twin sister that he killed in the womb and who later came back, but that's a whole other story. And this is all primary Marvel universe canon, mind you, not Ultimate Universe. Juggernaut is just a mutant in the Ultimate Marvel universe.
my bad, i meant prox- thanks for the reminder.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 03:07:54 PM »
You obviously don't know shit about X-Men if you're bitching about The Invincible Juggernaught.

I saw it on opening night. I love those movies. He got outsmarted by a little girl, that was weak.
E

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 03:09:05 PM »
Vinnie was a pivotal part of the "crazy gang", he is grabbing gazza's bollock's.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

We like the comics? ;D

Yeah, it's just a stupid suit he's wearing.  He's a pretty tough SOB; he was great in Snatch.

I think it would've legit been a time to use a real bodybuilder.  Gunter w/ his big german accent in off-season size?  That's a Juggernaut!

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »
We like the comics? ;D

Yeah, it's just a stupid suit he's wearing.  He's a pretty tough SOB; he was great in Snatch.

I think it would've legit been a time to use a real bodybuilder.  Gunter w/ his big german accent in off-season size?  That's a Juggernaut!
RUHL
I min/max my physique

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 03:21:23 PM »

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »
Sorry to hear the muscles are fake.  I guess he couldn't down that much AAS in six months to get that big.  At least he looked real.  I just located his height: 7 feet tall.  So that wasn't faked. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
Sorry to hear the muscles are fake.  I guess he couldn't down that much AAS in six months to get that big.  At least he looked real.  I just located his height: 7 feet tall.  So that wasn't faked. 

it's a movie & they need people to act.....of course they won't hire a real bodybuilder with real muscles

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 03:29:43 PM »

vinne jones isn 7 feet tall, he barely over 6 feet.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 03:32:17 PM »
I just located his height: 7 feet tall.  So that wasn't faked. 

mike, I almost hate to tell you, but he's wearing lifts. ;D

I guess if they used a real freak like Ruhl, all he'd do is get asked about steroids...

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »
Vinnie Jones got sent off 3 seconds into a Soccer game for a brutal tackle. That, my friends, is a world record 8)
P

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »
So what BBers would be good as other X-Men?
I min/max my physique

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
So what BBers would be good as other X-Men?

The most common thought's always Lee Priest as Wolverine...

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 03:56:39 PM »

Canon :)  That's not a term bandied about here too often.  I love it! :D  (Note to self:  don't reveal anything to Getbig about my distinctly non-canon Nerys and Odo fanfics!)