Author Topic: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND  (Read 8543 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Re: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »
maybe...but the juggernaut is magical so he really can't be stopped, I can see hulk blasting him across the world like onslaught did a few years ago...oh, God.  Please stop, I'm sounding to geeky for my own good.....but since I just realized he's magical....there goes my whole superman theory since he's vulnerable to magic and all......

ok....lets say thanos with the infinity gauntlet would wipe the floor with Juggy.  I just have a problem putting him up there with the "elites."  I don't remember---did Surfer and Supes ever duke it out in any of those marvel/dc cross series?  I always thought that would be a hell of fight.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2006, 12:30:56 PM »
Yes would have been a perfect opportunity to cast a bodybuilder in the Juggernaut role....and for those of you who don't know comics, all Juggernaut really does is stick his head down and run into shit.  Once he gets going, he's an unstoppable force.  Priest might have mad a good Wolverine, but you for sure need some acting chops to really be convincing in that role.  I was a little puzzled by the casting of Hugh Jackman at first (he's a song and dance man and he's way too tall to be Wolverine) but I'm guessing most Wolvie comic fans would agree he does justice to his physicality and persona.

I agree...When i first saw Hugh Jackamn as the rold of Wolverine....I was like "what the f**k?"

He's done well with the role & I feel he's got the personality down pretty good as a wolverine character.

Bob Chic could have done well in there somewhere. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2006, 12:33:45 PM »
who played this guy? he was big

E

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2006, 12:41:09 PM »
Although I would like to see him beat a fully-enraged hulk.  If you pissed Hulk off enough, he gets into Thanos/Surfer territory.....
bring out the surfer and his "power cosmic!" forget it! game over! it's done!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2006, 12:42:46 PM »
who played this guy? he was big

They actually used Lee Priest and Gunter Schlierkamp for models for the CGI work on Hulk, molded with Eric Bana's Hulk-like face.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2006, 12:46:27 PM »
They actually used Lee Priest and Gunter Schlierkamp for models for the CGI work on Hulk, molded with Eric Bana's Hulk-like face.

really? did not know that, I was actually joking. Who would win in this fight?

E

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2006, 12:48:16 PM »
I agree...When i first saw Hugh Jackamn as the rold of Wolverine....I was like "what the f**k?"

He's done well with the role & I feel he's got the personality down pretty good as a wolverine character.

Bob Chic could have done well in there somewhere. 

Chic in shape might make a good Wonder Man.....

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2006, 12:50:13 PM »
how about the dude that played colossus, did you feel that was agood choice?

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »
I just caught it on the new DVD.  He appears as a new "bad guy" mutant named Juggernaut.  How big is this guy anyway?  He looked to be over 300 pounds of solid muscle.  I have never seen forearms this big on anyone.  However, it could just be the intense closeups in widescreen.  I couldn't locate any info on his prep for this film, but did find out that he's signed for the 4th & 5th film in the series if they happen.  What's more likely is that he'll appear in the WOLVERINE film, which in effect will be the 4th of the series. 

all drugs
!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »
ok....lets say thanos with the infinity gauntlet would wipe the floor with Juggy.  I just have a problem putting him up there with the "elites."  I don't remember---did Surfer and Supes ever duke it out in any of those marvel/dc cross series?  I always thought that would be a hell of fight.

nahhhh surfer fought Kyle Rayner who just got his green lantern ring, that was the DC Vs. Marvel thing from back in 94ish...supes fought the hulk and whooped him..The infinity Gauntlet is pretty bad ass but it doesn't work in the DC universe as Darksied was the last guy to actually try to use it and it did nothing for him in JLA/Avengers number 2-which has some awsome fight scenes between the 2 companies...
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2006, 12:56:58 PM »

I didn't see the 2nd one, he didn't seem to do much in the 3rd...he's supposed to be from Mother Russia so he should have a real heavy accent...I woulda liked to see him and juggy go at it...I just didn't see him do alot.  the beast was pretty well done.
nasser=piece of shit

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2006, 12:57:25 PM »

No...not really.

medicore

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 12:59:59 PM »
bring out the surfer and his "power cosmic!" forget it! game over! it's done!

sorry...spiderman laid the smackdown on Firelord who was a herald of galactus and had the "power cosmic"...so I can see an enraged hulk beating the surfer...not galactus though, that's pushing it a little.
nasser=piece of shit

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »
really? did not know that, I was actually joking. Who would win in this fight?

LOL

I think that Bluntman and Chronic would take those two fools....

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »
LOL

I think that Bluntman and Chronic would take those two fools....

badasses ;D
E

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »
sorry...spiderman laid the smackdown on Firelord who was a herald of galactus and had the "power cosmic"...so I can see an enraged hulk beating the surfer...not galactus though, that's pushing it a little.
firelord is not the surfer. the surfer has a different "fuel" that fires him. and a lot of it is that girl he left behind on that planet he was from.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2006, 01:25:03 PM »
I didn't see the 2nd one, he didn't seem to do much in the 3rd...he's supposed to be from Mother Russia so he should have a real heavy accent...I woulda liked to see him and juggy go at it...I just didn't see him do alot.  the beast was pretty well done.

Agreed.....he should really be one of the strongest in the whole movie, but he was reduced to a "teen idol" looking fool carrying around TV sets around the X-mansion.  Another disappointment would be iceman---why did it take him so long to "ice out?"  He came off like a pussy.  But I am glad that they did not screw up the absolute end-of-the-world power of the Pheonix.  Who can really touch her, in any universe?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »
Agreed.....he should really be one of the strongest in the whole movie, but he was reduced to a "teen idol" looking fool carrying around TV sets around the X-mansion.  Another disappointment would be iceman---why did it take him so long to "ice out?"  He came off like a pussy.  But I am glad that they did not screw up the absolute end-of-the-world power of the Pheonix.  Who can really touch her, in any universe?

I would have liked to seen more of Sabertooth

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2006, 01:52:19 PM »
I would have liked to seen more of Sabertooth

Yeah, he should have had a more prominent presence in X1, instead of just being Magneto's lackey.  He was at one time an agent just like Wolverine.  He's easily as strong as Wolverine, if not stronger.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2006, 02:11:11 PM »
Yeah, he should have had a more prominent presence in X1, instead of just being Magneto's lackey.  He was at one time an agent just like Wolverine.  He's easily as strong as Wolverine, if not stronger.

Supposed to have the same healing ability but more strength

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2006, 02:19:52 PM »
Movie sucked.  The only thing that was good was Grey trying to turn Wolverine into dust.  That sh#t was awesome!  Boy's mutant powers have evolved over several movies.
Oh...Monica!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
firelord is not the surfer. the surfer has a different "fuel" that fires him. and a lot of it is that girl he left behind on that planet he was from.

I don't know much about the surfer, I'm pretty much a DC guy but I do read up on some marvel stuff......I thought all the heralds were given the power cosmic and they were all pretty equal, oh welllllll...
Supposed to have the same healing ability but more strength

they used to work together along time ago, I think Creed ( sabertooth) logan (wolverine) and a dude named maverick used to be a team, maverick was introduced in the early 90's, I'm not sure what ever became of him....
nasser=piece of shit

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »
Movie sucked.  The only thing that was good was Grey trying to turn Wolverine into dust.  That sh#t was awesome!  Boy's mutant powers have evolved over several movies.

Out of the three movies....I like the the first one the best....then the second one....& the last movie is 3rd

IMO, they got worse over the production

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »
Ok, first things first: Superman and Thor. Thor was able to hold his own pretty well because fo Mjolnir. Supes was certainly surprised when he got hit by that thing. Also, characters with magical powers had them enhanced in the DC universe, as magic wa much more powerful there in general. Supes would beat the hulk, and hulk and Juggernaut have gone at it a couple of times. Also, Juggernaut did the dirty deed with She-Hulk. Talk about ultimate Shmoe-dom :P Silver Surfer is powerful, but the DC universe heroes operate on a whole nother level power-wise. Very few marvel charcters even approach the power of anyone in the JLA.
I min/max my physique

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
Vinnie Jones got sent off 3 seconds into a Soccer game for a brutal tackle. That, my friends, is a world record 8)

Agreed. For some reason people are overlooking this. I think it is hilarious.