Author Topic: you know you're a bb/figure/fitness competitor when...  (Read 8134 times)

az

• Getbig III
you know you're a bb/figure/fitness competitor when...
« on: October 08, 2006, 05:24:09 PM »
you have off season clothes and dieting clothes.

you can look at the back of a female pro and tell who she is.

an easy day at the gym is only one visit.

please continue ladies, it should be fun!!!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: you know you're a bb/figure/fitness competitor when...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »
you can't "go to the lake" because you have to eat in 2 hours and your next meal is a shake and there isn't a blender there.

you pee right before starting the lawn mower, mow half the lawn and have to run in and pee, go back out and finish the lawn and run inside having to pee so badly that you have to "hold it" like you used to when you were a kid.

you can't wait to go to bed because your next meal (when you wake up) is egg whites and oatmeal!

people at the gym that have never bugged you before start getting on your nerves. 

hearing about a new flavor of sugar-free gum warrants a trip to the store

R

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 07:44:55 PM »
I laughed myself a head ache!!!!!!!! ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 11:12:24 AM »
You can rattle off the caloric value...grams of fat, carbs, protein for every existing food item without skipping a beat.

There isn't enough room in your drrawers for clothes because the workout wear takes up all the room.

When hiking or cross country skiing, you suddenly notice how quiet it is, then turn around to see you've left your SO behind in the dust.   :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 11:24:06 AM »
You start closing your eyes to do your sets at the gym so no one will talk to you during your set.  You also close your eyes if you see someone politely waiting till you're done w/your set because they want to talk to you.  Even though they are politely waiting there you still want to kill them.

When the gal running the vaccuum cleaner in the gym comes near you, you actually scream.
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:40:10 AM »
Lol...

You get really good at taking military showers.

You tell your girlfriend her delts look good in that dress.

It pisses the hell out of you when you arrive at the gym just as the yoga class finishes and the dressing room is swamped with women.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 12:43:59 PM »
  You get really good at taking military showers.

military showers?  ???
X

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »
you can't "go to the lake" because you have to eat in 2 hours and your next meal is a shake and there isn't a blender there.

you pee right before starting the lawn mower, mow half the lawn and have to run in and pee, go back out and finish the lawn and run inside having to pee so badly that you have to "hold it" like you used to when you were a kid.

you can't wait to go to bed because your next meal (when you wake up) is egg whites and oatmeal!

people at the gym that have never bugged you before start getting on your nerves. 

hearing about a new flavor of sugar-free gum warrants a trip to the store

Dag, Stella!   :o :D

LOL

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 01:48:38 PM »
breakfast lunch and dinner don't exist, only meal #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 and #6. (I just ate #3)

you have bed sheets/pillow cases just for comp time so you won't screw up anymore sheets/pillow cases.

you want to beat up the person who got on the stair mill right as you walked up and it infuriates you even more as you watch them not have a clue as how to turn it on.

you have to buy stretch jeans because regular denim doesn't fit you right anymore but you still have to wear a belt because the waist is always too big but you have to make room for your thighs.

shopping for bra's is no longer fun.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »
When you get locked out of your house (no deadbolt) and twist the knob off with your hand instead of calling a lock smith.  ;D
S

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »
when u take some dood a mental compliment " nice calves"... and totally not think it gay...
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:01:47 AM »
military showers?  ???

You know... just the basics, extremely fast.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 05:57:38 AM »
-When your poping pills/vitamines at your place of work.
-When its x-mas eve and your in the gym training.
-When you won't go up north to the cottage without your blender and protein shakes.
-When you look huge in everything that you wear.

PB

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 10:05:16 PM »
good lord this made me laugh!

I totally agree about the sugar free gum. I once ran around in the middle of the night to find sugar free slurpees.. and dont talk to me about sugar free soda.. I try to find the weird odd flavors

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 07:54:31 AM »
Dina have you tried Diet Rite Black Cherry, Red Raspberry, Tangerine or White Grape?  Sweetened w/splenda and very delicious :)
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 09:11:12 AM »
If you are having a shake made for you at the gym, you won't even turn your head to talk to your friend because you must keep your eyes on the bartender at all times just in case they try to put weightgainer in your shake.

You won't go to a restaurant to eat for the last 3 weeks of your diet because you don't trust them either.
R

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 02:10:57 PM »
you're african american and you make 3 to 5 visits to the the tanning salon to get a nice base tan before you lay out, put on 2-3 coats of pro tan and still think you're not dark enough. (true story)

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 07:03:21 AM »
Dina have you tried Diet Rite Black Cherry, Red Raspberry, Tangerine or White Grape?  Sweetened w/splenda and very delicious :)

Yes I have tried them.. very yummy. I also like the on the go packets of lemonade flavor that are w/i splenda.

Right now I am on this egg white and splenda kick. I beat them up.. and add splenda and cinnamon and cadarmon and it is like heaven..lol

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 07:47:43 AM »
The cash that would normally go into your 401K instead goes towards Trident cinnamon gum purchases.  You don't dare count up how much you spend in a month on gum.  It would slap you in the face with your addiction.  Nevermind the constant ache in your jaw that should be a reminder of your problem.

You find yourself running to the bathroom every thirty minutes at work.  Yes, you have to pee.  But the real reason is to check and make sure your abs are still there and didn't take a hike when you arrived at work that morning.

Your birthday gift wish list includes a cathater.

You have a stockpile of deoderant:  in your bathroom, your purse, your office desk drawer, your gym bag.  And yet you still somehow forget to put it on in your mad rush to get out the door while remembering all fifteen jillion bags.

You never have hands to open any doors.  Cup of caffeine in one hand, jug of water in another, gym bag, purse, cooler resting precariously on one or both shoulders.

Food or sex?  Food or sex?  Food or sleep?  Food or fun?  Food or...?  After a show, food will always win.

The idea of lying like a beached whale with a tummy that looks 12-months pregnant and bemoaning your existence while swearing to never eat an entire cheesecake after a complete meal of bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a milkshake actually sounds good.

You begin to crave salads.  Even if they have no dressing.  To eat like a rabbit would actually be nice.  To eat a piece of gum would be nice.  To have just one luxurious sip of diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper would be heaven.

Everything tastes like chicken.  Ummm...that's because every meal is chicken.

You want to snap the heads off of everyone at the gym because they're using your weights.  All of the weights in the gym are your weights.  YOU are doing a show.  THEY aren't.  They aren't as important, and they should know that.  You are seconds from screaming at everyone, "Get the ?@*! out of my way!!"

You actually take the long way around the gym to get to the restroom to avoid talking to or being noticed by someone who just wants to say hello.  No time for hello.  No time.  No time.  NO TIME!!

You get such joy and glee out of watching a guy lift miniscule weight and then telling him, "No, I do not want to work in.  I have to put weight ON that bar...not take it OFF."  <Girly giggle following that statement and evil glint in eye because you know you just crushed that poor boy's ego.>

You know what time it is by what meal it is.  Meal 2?  10 a.m.  Meal 5?  4:30 p.m.

You are the ultimate multi-tasker.  You can take a shower, cook your chicken, do a load of laundry, run the dishwasher, upload photos, and send text messages all at the same time.

You run late everywhere.  Everywhere!  Even with all that multi-tasking.

Have food, will travel.  You have no shame about whipping out the chicken and asparagus anywhere and anytime.  If push comes to shove, the meal will be eaten in the sitting room of the Nordstrom's restroom.

You have mastered the art of doing hair and make up in six minutes flat.  I didn't say doing it well.  I just said doing it.

Everyone wonders if you are preparing for a second Hurricane Katrina evacuation.  Why else would you purchase 12 one-gallon jugs of spring or distilled water at one time?
Jodi

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 05:55:48 PM »
My absolute FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You find yourself running to the bathroom every thirty minutes at work.  Yes, you have to pee.  But the real reason is to check and make sure your abs are still there and didn't take a hike when you arrived at work that morning.

You never have hands to open any doors.  Cup of caffeine in one hand, jug of water in another, gym bag, purse, cooler resting precariously on one or both shoulders.

Everything tastes like chicken.  Ummm...that's because every meal is chicken.

You want to snap the heads off of everyone at the gym because they're using your weights.  All of the weights in the gym are your weights.  YOU are doing a show.  THEY aren't.  They aren't as important, and they should know that.  You are seconds from screaming at everyone, "Get the ?@*! out of my way!!"

You actually take the long way around the gym to get to the restroom to avoid talking to or being noticed by someone who just wants to say hello.  No time for hello.  No time.  No time.  NO TIME!!

You get such joy and glee out of watching a guy lift miniscule weight and then telling him, "No, I do not want to work in.  I have to put weight ON that bar...not take it OFF."  <Girly giggle following that statement and evil glint in eye because you know you just crushed that poor boy's ego.>

You know what time it is by what meal it is.  Meal 2?  10 a.m.  Meal 5?  4:30 p.m.

You are the ultimate multi-tasker.  You can take a shower, cook your chicken, do a load of laundry, run the dishwasher, upload photos, and send text messages all at the same time.

Have food, will travel.  You have no shame about whipping out the chicken and asparagus anywhere and anytime.  If push comes to shove, the meal will be eaten in the sitting room of the Nordstrom's restroom.

Everyone wonders if you are preparing for a second Hurricane Katrina evacuation.  Why else would you purchase 12 one-gallon jugs of spring or distilled water at one time?
[/quote]

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 08:32:41 PM »
Jodi, your post is so great!!  I'm not a competitor...but live the lifestyle.  And taking care of a BB...you can't help but have it rub off on you.

I always wonder about the time issue....WHY oh WHY are you guys always LATE???  That drives me CRAZY!  Monica B was the same way (when she lived in LA).  I honestly believe that Bob will be late to his own funeral! 

You forgot the one about having 3 extra small microwaves, and 2 extra george forman grills in the garage.  The ones bought "on the road".

And along with the numerous boxes of gum you buy...you cant forget the multiple cans of PAM and Molly McButter.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »
Yes I have tried them.. very yummy. I also like the on the go packets of lemonade flavor that are w/i splenda.

Right now I am on this egg white and splenda kick. I beat them up.. and add splenda and cinnamon and cadarmon and it is like heaven..lol

Like the puffs, where you get a muffin pan and mix egg white and sweetner, and put in oven?

mine never come out right

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 10:03:05 PM »
when..

" when your agent calls midway during sex and you tell your man to 'finish up' later"

Quoting the late Dan Duchaine...he wrote that in one of his rants and in an E-mail to me...
carpe` vaginum!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 05:04:16 AM »
military showers?  ???
Don't drop the soap.....

PB

musclehead1

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 08:45:50 AM »
 You're at a job interview and the general manager ask you if you have any questions and your question is can you take time while you're on the clock to sneak in your meals because you must eat at least every two hours.

You go use the resroom you actually go in there to flex in the mirror rather than actually using the restroom.