Author Topic: Phil Heath  (Read 66797 times)

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Phil Heath
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 08:43:31 PM »
Phil,

What is the most prominent thing you have learned going from an NPC competitor to an IFBB pro?

Realizing that my diet has to become more efficient, especially while traveling for appearances because it is very easy to fall off track.
I got the opportunity to see Lee Haney at last year's nationals in Atlanta and his training parter talked about how he never missed a workout especially when on the road. I also hung out with Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman at different times throughout the past year and both of them eat clean, even late in the evening, which many of us wouldn't. Accountability for my actions has increased since turning pro, such as going out boozing and eating terribly. I used to do that in college and even before I became a national bodybuilder and I learned quickly that I had a chance at being a better bodybuilder so I minimized my outings and in turn took upon learning more about the sport. I hope that helps a bit. Oh, sticking to the gameplan no matter what because I have learned that many pros fall off track because of distractions, which can be easy because of one being idolized in mags and stuff. Once you allow what is said in the mags to soak into your mind, you are finished because believing in your own hype never stimulates harder work ethic.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2006, 08:49:15 PM »
Realizing that my diet has to become more efficient, especially while traveling for appearances because it is very easy to fall off track.
I got the opportunity to see Lee Haney at last year's nationals in Atlanta and his training parter talked about how he never missed a workout especially when on the road. I also hung out with Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman at different times throughout the past year and both of them eat clean, even late in the evening, which many of us wouldn't. Accountability for my actions has increased since turning pro, such as going out boozing and eating terribly. I used to do that in college and even before I became a national bodybuilder and I learned quickly that I had a chance at being a better bodybuilder so I minimized my outings and in turn took upon learning more about the sport. I hope that helps a bit. Oh, sticking to the gameplan no matter what because I have learned that many pros fall off track because of distractions, which can be easy because of one being idolized in mags and stuff. Once you allow what is said in the mags to soak into your mind, you are finished because believing in your own hype never stimulates harder work ethic.

How do you fell about the mind/muscle connection? I'm not being facetious I believe those that can effectively isolate a muscle and have a thorough understanding of kinesology make better progress. It's the difference between simply getting the weight up or getting results IMO

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2006, 08:57:54 PM »
Phil, in  Muscle and Fitness you gave your diet. I only saw 1 protein shake listed and that appears to be your post workout shake( meal #4). Is that diet true or something for the mags? Also how much cardio do you do?

I added up everything and it doesn't add to 400 grams as you stated in M&D
Here comes the money shot

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »
who do you think trains harder Jay or Ronnie?

You could learn a thing or two from training with Jay. I dont think there is any pro that trains harder than Jay. The volume on his workouts are insane. I mean 20+ sets for quads only, that is hard training.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2006, 09:00:07 PM »
any thoughts on the Mr.Getbig contest?
Here comes the money shot

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2006, 09:09:21 PM »
I am getting ready for bed, but I promise to answer these questions tomorrow ok.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2006, 09:15:05 PM »

Now this is the Phil we all like to see.  The semblance of truth shines through like a beacon of hope. Hope,that the light of truth that has just been lit, does not die out, but instead, illuminates the way continuing to guide and not mislead.

This is the real info people want.  They don`t want sugar-coated man love articles infested with your latest and "greatest" bicep routine ever.  As if you actually followed the same workout week after week.  That kind of knowledge is useless.  We like to know what you do.  What was your last trip to the  Grocery store like and what did you buy? Even the most simple and basic thing can be interesting. You are a PRO bodybuilder.  Your experiences in life should be totally different than anyone elses and would prove to be very interesting on a social scale.  We are not PROS, but at the same time we do realize that you are just like us, just enhanced.   Being accessible is the best thing you can possibly do, yet so few do it.  

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2006, 09:20:32 PM »
You guys have to remember, it is a priviledge for the pros to post on here. They could easily not say anything or either go to another board.

We need to be more compassionate and respectful to guys like Chic, Priest, Kamali, Flex, Ray, Mentis, Phil, etc...

Im glad you came back on here Phil.....It is awesome to have you back... your true fans miss you and welcome you back.

We can learn so much from you and we await the knowledge you can share with us...

Stavios

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2006, 09:22:12 PM »
I learned that I didn't need to use diuretics, but rather use things like vitamin C, dandelion root extract and manipulation with carbs, protein, fats and especially sodium for contest dieting.

IMO, diuretics are the worst and the most overrated thing in bodybuilding
if you already are in shape, why fuck everything up by taking diuretics and make yourself look flat  :-\
most of the time, the competitors looks better a week out from the show and they don't even realise that their deshydratation methods fuck them up more than anything else

good to have you here again phil, you are the man

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
How do you fell about the mind/muscle connection? I'm not being facetious I believe those that can effectively isolate a muscle and have a thorough understanding of kinesology make better progress. It's the difference between simply getting the weight up or getting results IMO

Harnessing the power of your motor-neurons to facilitate a "mind to muscle connection" would best be done on a sub-concious level.  In a sub-concious state the mind is EXTREMELY powerful and you would be able to totally take advantage of this phenomena to synapse with muscle fibers in order to make peak contractions.

A sub-concious effort is a powerful one.  Now Groink, you mentioned Reaction time and Dexterity earlier. Now these things are also a response to stimuli in a particular enviroment. With that in mind, have you ever been driving down the road and an animal jumps out, yet you swerve without even thinking in the correct direction at lightning speed?

That is a POWERFUL SUBCONCIOUS "Mind to muscle connection".  Your brain totally took over without you putting any thought into it and at that moment you became INSTANTLY ALERT,STRONGER and POWERFUL.  Your muscle contractions fired at an alarming rate with your absolute power to move that wheel accurately and with speed and force in a perfect manner...Or as perfect as your brain would allow. This also causes adrenaline levels to surge.  This power is the power we need to tap into as naturals.  There is much research in the area of Neuroscience regarding the power of the Sub Concious state.  I just thought you might find that interesting and I will surely read more on this matter and let you know what I find.

Peter Putnam

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Stay Pumped!
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2006, 09:31:40 PM »
You have to factor in bone structure, muscle insertions, and the majority of muscle fibers one carries.  This is where Phil is blessed.  The whole assertion of "gear" being the sole factor for a superior physique is false and overly redudant.  

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2006, 09:46:49 PM »
I am right now learning as much as I can from guys like Jay & Ronnie ...

Oh, god no! Please seek advice elsewhere -- don't ruin your physique! Talk instead to guys like Vince Taylor, Milos Sarcev, Charles Glass, Shawn Ray.

AVBG

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
Harnessing the power of your motor-neurons to facilitate a "mind to muscle connection" would best be done on a sub-concious level.  In a sub-concious state the mind is EXTREMELY powerful and you would be able to totally take advantage of this phenomena to synapse with muscle fibers in order to make peak contractions.

A sub-concious effort is a powerful one.  Now Groink, you mentioned Reaction time and Dexterity earlier. Now these things are also a response to stimuli in a particular enviroment. With that in mind, have you ever been driving down the road and an animal jumps out, yet you swerve without even thinking in the correct direction at lightning speed?

That is a POWERFUL SUBCONCIOUS "Mind to muscle connection".  Your brain totally took over without you putting any thought into it and at that moment you became INSTANTLY ALERT,STRONGER and POWERFUL.  Your muscle contractions fired at an alarming rate with your absolute power to move that wheel accurately and with speed and force in a perfect manner...Or as perfect as your brain would allow. This also causes adrenaline levels to surge.  This power is the power we need to tap into as naturals.  There is much research in the area of Neuroscience regarding the power of the Sub Concious state.  I just thought you might find that interesting and I will surely read more on this matter and let you know what I find.

Thanks.. Phil  :-X

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2006, 09:51:21 PM »
Can I be considered a genetic freak? Can you, Matt? Can Adonis?

Ive been natural for quite some time now ;)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2006, 09:57:29 PM »

he said if you still look awesome. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2006, 10:03:54 PM »

A genetic freak would solely be a rarity which usually complicates homeostasis on differeing levels creating health problems.  A genetic freak would exhibit the wrong DNA coding and would be exhibiting a mutation. When this happens other areas will suffer as a result.

Genetic Freaks would include the 8`11 tall Robert Wadlow, Andre The Giant on a smaller scale of freakdom and anyone who exhibits a Mutation of epic proportions. hah

Be lucky that none of us on this site, so far, are  genetic freaks.....That in fact we are normal is a good thing.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2006, 10:07:13 PM »
You have to factor in bone structure, muscle insertions, and the majority of muscle fibers one carries.  This is where Phil is blessed.  The whole assertion of "gear" being the sole factor for a superior physique is false and overly redudant.  
Good to see you posting here Peter. Congratulations on getting married.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2006, 10:22:17 PM »
I was in WalMart the other day and flipped through a Flex mag. There was a picture of Phil in it ( left had page,) which just about made me shit! The mass, the lines . . . unreal!

I love the web for it's quick info, but the clarity of the pics in the mag are so much better.

The Beef

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2006, 10:35:57 PM »
"Equality" is a myth. Human beings are born with different innate abilities. Intelligence, athletic ability, and physical appearance are almost entirely determined by genetics. No amount of hard work will ever make up for a lack of natural talent. That's a tough fact of life that a lot of people have trouble accepting. Very few people have the IQ's to be Nobel Prize winning scientists, and only a few people have the natural athletic ability to make it big in professional sports. Likewise, only a very small number of people will ever amount to anything in the world of bodybuilding. There are thousands and thousands of hardcore steroid users who look like nothing special. People like Ronnie, Jay, and Phil are in the genetic elite. Deal with it.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2006, 10:54:40 PM »
Well for him to keep it real, he would first have to realize that he is not a genetic freak.  That there is no such thing.  Human beings are pretty much equal and that is why NOBODY can produce 5 people under 6 ft and 200 lbs ripped lifetime natural.

I seriously doubt Phil Heath would be "THE ONE" in 6,549,410,840 people to pull that off.

I nominate this for one of the most ignorant posts of the year.

w

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2006, 11:00:09 PM »
"Equality" is a myth. Human beings are born with different innate abilities. Intelligence, athletic ability, and physical appearance are almost entirely determined by genetics. No amount of hard work will ever make up for a lack of natural talent. That's a tough fact of life that a lot of people have trouble accepting. Very few people have the IQ's to be Nobel Prize winning scientists, and only a few people have the natural athletic ability to make it big in professional sports. Likewise, only a very small number of people will ever amount to anything in the world of bodybuilding. There are thousands and thousands of hardcore steroid users who look like nothing special. People like Ronnie, Jay, and Phil are in the genetic elite. Deal with it.
Yes, but people don't want to know this so shhhhhh.....

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »
Phil, no one is saying you don't train with intensity and eat big.  We're just also pointing out the fact that you and every other pro use a lot of gear to help you get where you are.

Forgive me - is something I said here untrue?

Didn't think so!.

Phil since MattC is on another of his crusades here.....and since its widely known by people in the know that you were 100% clean for your first 2 bodybuilding shows which you absolutely dominated (and were big shows).....can you comment to MattC (even though it ruins his pipedream) that there are people in this world with exceptional genetics for certain endeavors (like bodybuilding),......... and that reason and that reason alone is why no matter how hard someone tries, they cannot become Michael Jordan, and cannot beat Carl Lewis in a 100 meter dash and cannot be an all around athlete of the standard of Bo Jackson etc..etc...etc ......

Nevermind Phil no comment neccessary, I think I already did it for you.

Stavios

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2006, 11:15:35 PM »
Phil since MattC is on another of his crusades here.....and since its widely known by people in the know that you were 100% clean for your first 2 bodybuilding shows which you absolutely dominated (and were big shows).....can you comment to MattC (even though it ruins his pipedream) that there are people in this world with exceptional genetics for certain endeavors (like bodybuilding),......... and that reason and that reason alone is why no matter how hard someone tries, they cannot become Michael Jordan, and cannot beat Carl Lewis in a 100 meter dash and cannot be an all around athlete of the standard of Bo Jackson etc..etc...etc ......

Nevermind Phil no comment neccessary, I think I already did it for you.

agree 100 %

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2006, 12:16:30 AM »
I will PAYPAL you 500 dollars in your account if you can find 5 Lifetime Naturals that fall into or exceed that criteria.

Until then. Shut your piehole. There are men here talking.
Yeah and we all know that Mindspin carrys through with the forum bets(sarcasm)..... :'(

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2006, 12:48:42 AM »
So Phil what will be your next show, is the Arnold anywhere in the future - gotta jump in there and mix it up with the big dogs ;D
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!