Author Topic: Rehabilitation program after rotator cuff surgery  (Read 876 times)

Berg Heil

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Rehabilitation program after rotator cuff surgery
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »
Looking to what people have done for their Rotator Cuff recovery.  ???

I had surgery back the first week of April. I have stated with my PT rehabilitation. Small on the Chest workouts and lite on the shoulder workouts.

FYI - I was workingout with 295 on flat press, before I got the injury. now, I'm at 75 to 85#. Shoulder, done in the front are at 115# on a smith press.

I have had some pain in my shoulder were the cuff was injuried. SO what so I be doing to make it stronger and how long I'm I looking at.

I looking for info on "Start out small on lite" work up on your weight, lite on a set weight for XX # of weeks then go up 5-10#on each side.  What worked for you, Where I'm at I don't have a PT. In the outback now, so I only have the Internet to talk to her.

No luck on the web cam yet, Damn the bad luck.

So if you can help me out on what you did and what didn't work for you. THX all.

Berg Heil

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Rehabilitation program after rotator cuff surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »
What ever you do, don't rush it or you will regret it.  My buddy and I both tore our labrums.  He got it repaired but fucked around and some of it re-tore.  I didn't get it repaired yet and have rehabbed but went too hard too quick after it and it isn't great.  Let pain be your guide.  Muscular pain is fine but you know shoulder pain.  Clicking and grinding =stop.  Take it slow and you will be back up in a few months.  Maybe even work on form so you don't overcompensate and hurt another area.  Don't overdo your tri strength and then tear your pec.  Hope that helps.

cap86 THX - that what I'm doing - taking it easy and working on proper form for all movements not just the arms and shoulder. The only thing I'm puching is the legs on the press machines; easy on the squats.

Just looking to see what others how done or are doing.