Author Topic: Training  (Read 2424 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Training
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:51:27 AM »
Hey guys i just wandered how many of u train with workout partners and do u think this helps?

Iv always trained alone, do alot of u train the same as everyone else in ur gym? Iv found that nearly everyone iv come accross trains diff, no ones the same which i think is good, as u can learn from each other!!
iv got m8s doing bodybuilding splits, 3,4,5 days a week, and some doing rugby/football type workouts and both parties make gains, and actually end up looking fairly similar (except guys on football workouts are more dynamic and powerful).

One mate wanted me to check out his program, so here it is and il giv him sum feedback,please judge.

Monday
Front Squats 5x12
Db bench 5x8
Unilateral Db snatches 3x8
Shrugs 3x10
SLDL 3x12 Can b rotated week by week with regular deads.

Wednesday
Clean and Press 5x10
T-bar rows 3x8
Dips 5x8
Lateral Raise 3x10

Friday
Clean 4x5
Leg Press 3x??
Barbell Curls 5x8
Pulldowns 3x10

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:43:44 AM »
I think a training partner is critical......especially one who knows how to push you and motivate you.  But you gotta be carefull though cause you can have one that can hold you back as far as attitude and work ethic goes.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:34:07 AM »
I think a training partner is critical......especially one who knows how to push you and motivate you.  But you gotta be carefull though cause you can have one that can hold you back as far as attitude and work ethic goes.

Cheers bro i think ur right which is partly y iv always trained alone!!

What u think of the routine, failry solid, hes an athlete (mainly rugby) try to bulk up! Pretty basic.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 07:38:49 AM »
Cheers bro i think ur right which is partly y iv always trained alone!!

What u think of the routine, failry solid, hes an athlete (mainly rugby) try to bulk up! Pretty basic.

davie

I like the program.....pretty solid.  I would alt leg presses and squats light and heavy every other week, fri I would add a rear delt-I would just be paranoid the the clean and press will hit the front part of the shoulder too much...but maybe im too paranoid........other than that looks good bro. 

Back to the training partner, I train alone so I can pound to my music, but I have a few guys that are usually there the same time I am to spot me when I need it.  Also stay away from female training partners  ;)

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:18:34 AM »
I work out with my cousin.I have no problem.
"Mystery Is Life"

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:32:09 AM »
Nobody here trains, we are all too busy posting
X

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »