Author Topic: training when your sick  (Read 1998 times)

whitewidow

training when your sick
« on: October 10, 2006, 10:40:56 PM »
Got a cold and flu from hell- have not trained in like 2 weeks- still recouping- I loss my appetite and have been trying to get my diet back in tact before I go hit the gym back up-I also dropped all the legal supps i was taking-just did not feel like taking them- Am I being a puss taking this long to get my diet back before I train or is this a smart move? BTW lost alot of gains from my last cycle due to the diet and training crash- should i have trained through the sickness?

AVBG

Re: training when your sick
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:47:26 PM »
Got a cold and flu from hell- have not trained in like 2 weeks- still recouping- I loss my appetite and have been trying to get my diet back in tact before I go hit the gym back up-I also dropped all the legal supps i was taking-just did not feel like taking them- Am I being a puss taking this long to get my diet back before I train or is this a smart move? BTW lost alot of gains from my last cycle due to the diet and training crash- should i have trained through the sickness?

Gee, 2 weeks is a long time off training. Are you on any flu medication? Psuedoephidrine works a treat when I have the flu..

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »
Gee, 2 weeks is a long time off training. Are you on any flu medication? Psuedoephidrine works a treat when I have the flu..

just taking nyquil- they took the pseudoephedrine out of the shit too- it sucks!
just dont have the energy to train! im that sick-like I said I dropped everything I was taking legal or not and my diet fell off big time- im sturggling to eat twice a day- thinking of hitting up the gym this week just wondering if I should take more time off and get my diet and supp regimen back on track before I go all out again.

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:56:17 PM »
just taking nyquil- they took the pseudoephedrine out of the shit too- it sucks!
just dont have the energy to train! im that sick-like I said I dropped everything I was taking legal or not and my diet fell off big time- im sturggling to eat twice a day- thinking of hitting up the gym this week just wondering if I should take more time off and get my diet and supp regimen back on track before I go all out again.

If your struggling to eat.. get the cals via MRP's or protien shakes. also, find something for the flu with pseudoephidrine.

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:33 PM »
yEAH- i THOUGHT ABOUT THAT-JUST HARD TO PUT ANYTHING DOWN- MY WATER INTAKE IS SUPER LOW ALSO- USUALLY I EAT 5-6 TIMES DAILY-MEALS SUPER HIGH IN PROTEIN AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER-I ALSO TAKE NUMEROUS SUPPLEMENTS- IM TRUE TO THE GAME-LOL

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 11:32:33 PM »
yEAH- i THOUGHT ABOUT THAT-JUST HARD TO PUT ANYTHING DOWN- MY WATER INTAKE IS SUPER LOW ALSO- USUALLY I EAT 5-6 TIMES DAILY-MEALS SUPER HIGH IN PROTEIN AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER-I ALSO TAKE NUMEROUS SUPPLEMENTS- IM TRUE TO THE GAME-LOL

all the best bro. get well soon.

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 11:43:55 PM »
thanks! been awhile since ive been this sick!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 05:14:25 AM »
Man last winter I got really sick too lasted like 3-4 months.  My lymph nodes in my neck were swollen for like 4 months.  My doc said I had an upper respiratory infection and put me on antibiotics.  It seemed to help a little so I started doing stuff mostly just a lot of running around cause it was close to the holidays.  Well Christmas eve I was feeling OK so I figured I would go to a party and have a couple drinks and I smoked a little weed.  Man that first hit of weed made me feel so freaking sick I could not believe it!!  I felt like puking.  Well I had a few more drinks and went home not feeling too good.  The next x-mas morning I woke up puking my guts out and felt terrible all day and on top of that I had a long drive to make that day!!  Worst x-mas I can remember.

So after that I rested at home for like 2 weeks still not feeling good, I figured I would try a very light work out.  I could barely breath through the work out which was about 30% of what I usually do and was sweating my ass off.  Went to the lockerroom to blow my nose and spit up some flem, well when I spit up the flem it was mostly blood!!!  I walked straight out of the gym and drove to the ER, they x-rayed my lungs and checked me out.  I was so scared when I saw that ER doc walking toward me to tell me the results of my x-ray it was like slow motion in a movie, very surreal.  he told me I was fine my lungs were clear, I started to cry I was so relieved I could have kissed that guy.  He said I had a virus that was lingering and taking its sweet time leaving.  I went home and threw away all my weed and paraphernalia, cause the blood had me thinking lung cancer.

It took about 2-3 more months till I really felt right again, still not 100% sure what hit me.  I would say rest now and get better or you make it worse.

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 05:27:17 AM »
I have been gettig sick off and on for about 2 weeks now.
I will get the chills so bad I start shaking like crazy for about 15 -20 minutes, then I will start to burn up.
The fever will break by morning, then I sweat all day . I will feel mucher better at day 2, day 3 I feel great, then it seems to happen over again. It has happened 3 times in a row now.
I just spoke to one of my riends in another state, and he happened to be having the same exact thing.
He went ot the doc and got antibiots and he said it cleared it right up.
I am going to go to the doc tommorow and see if I should be on them too.
Being sick for almost 2 weeks off and on has caused me to loose about 15 lbs.
It seems like mostly fat so, it may be a blessing in disquise.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »
Hey Luv,

Thats truly sucks bro!
Were you off work that whole time or did you manage to go in?

I would freak out being sick that long, I was sick for a week when I first started my cycle for the about a week(probally test flu) but I HAD to go to work, and I figured if I can drag my ass at work for 12 hours, I sure as hell was going to the gym for a hour....

Normally I'm a fucking baby when I get sick and I want to be pampered.. But this time I didn't want to waste my GEAR.....

U

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

i've never heard of Psuedoephidrine.
bodybuildersreality.com

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
youll get back in there just take your time.everyone has been out from time to time and if they say they havnt there full of shit. just take your time you know your body better then anyone.

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

speed.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 03:45:39 PM »

think of ephidrine

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 06:59:16 PM »
I think its smart to take a break to get well because you will just prolong it if you try to train. Plus, you are the only one who can judge this. You have to listen to your body. All that muscle will come back with muscle memory after  3 weeks of being back.. give your self a break bro. there is more to life than muscle. (not much more though)  ;)
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 08:30:53 PM »
Hey Luv,

Thats truly sucks bro!
Were you off work that whole time or did you manage to go in?

I would freak out being sick that long, I was sick for a week when I first started my cycle for the about a week(probally test flu) but I HAD to go to work, and I figured if I can drag my ass at work for 12 hours, I sure as hell was going to the gym for a hour....

Normally I'm a fucking baby when I get sick and I want to be pampered.. But this time I didn't want to waste my GEAR.....

No bro I worked through most of it but a week or so, but my job is easy and I coasted, had to, couldnt really put much energy into anything.

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »
yeah-its the first time ive had a bad cold and flu- It was hard to breath i was so clogged up-also threw up a few times. and man every morning I wake up and cough up the most nasty shit for 5-10 minutes- cough up crap steadily all day-but its easing up not as bad the last few days-- still not eating like I should and just dont think it would be worth it to train right now-Im that sick- problem is - I worked real hard putting on 15lean pds and im slowly dropping them and i feel weak- spent alot of money on my last stack- now im losing all the results- had to cutt off all PCT and opther supps- did not want to get sicker.
I know it was not gear that made me sick-theres just nasty shit going around here lately and I was around someone who was real sick and i happened to catch it- im super pissed about it.