Author Topic: Reality check due.  (Read 7849 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: Reality check due.
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »
Bodybuilding is a joke today.
Your hatred for men who have the ability to put on muscle is astounding.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 08:18:22 PM »
You guys need to go get a copy of the 95 Olympia. :o

This year's Olympia was between ONLY two guys, Jay and Ronnie.

The 95 Olympia could've gone to ANY of the top four or five competitors. :o

Dorian, Kevin, Shawn, Nasser (when he looked his best), Francois, Flex, Baker, Vince.........Ah yes 8)

Oh, lets not forget Cormier ;)
true except dorian was the clear winner. i was there.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »
Your hatred for men who have the ability to put on muscle is astounding.

Your love of expanding fat cells knows no bounds.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 08:21:49 PM »
I might go on the Sat. Obviously you have to pay $50 to see Ronnie.

AVBG

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 08:23:33 PM »
I might go on the Sat. Obviously you have to pay $50 to see Ronnie.

I will go sat too. I will say g'day VB.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »
Hey, Adonis, after training for 47 years I have finally come up with a training combination that should suit DOMS upperbody training. I did a bit last night and I feel bigger already. If some nut embraced this training who knows how big he could get. Goodrum isn't smart enough to figure out what to do so he trains on that sliding apparatus at home. I guess just about any knucklehead can get one of those certificates.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »
I usually hang out at the back yapping away. Paul and Carole don't seem to like if I take photos. Besides all those novices, etc., get a bit dreary if you know what I mean. If Goodrum was there posing I would be in the front seat!

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »
i remember training at your gym a couple of times  when i was about 18 and  lived in concord.
yeah he has the show sat&sun $20 for pre-judge and $50 for finals.and you have to pay twice if you go both days.
i'm only going on sat as my girlfriend's division is  only that day.
would hate to win your division on saturday then try and hold condition for the overall on sunday afternoon.

or wait 'till monday at roselands like I did in '95! :)
forward ho

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »
why did you have to wait 2 days?

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 08:41:04 PM »
if you are judging i'll give you a tip,the blonde in the over 52kg's ... ;)

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 09:39:10 PM »
 Nah, not judging this year jeff. but i'll keep an eye out. :)
2 day wait 'cos, won the L/weights on the sat, then went for the overall on monday. (Con D. won it)
forward ho

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 09:40:03 PM »
Hey, Adonis, after training for 47 years I have finally come up with a training combination that should suit DOMS upperbody training. I did a bit last night and I feel bigger already. If some nut embraced this training who knows how big he could get. Goodrum isn't smart enough to figure out what to do so he trains on that sliding apparatus at home. I guess just about any knucklehead can get one of those certificates.

I am reading the book that you recommended to me by the way....I love it.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 09:42:50 PM »
Bodybuilding has become sad.  I was at several local shows this year and it's really sad to see the drug effects for folks who aren't even winning any money.  :(

I really think they need to go in a different direction before all of their best competitors drop dead.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
VINCE BASILE!!!!!

YOUR DOMS theory coincides with my gravity routine!

I train the whole body every single say and apply equal stress to every single muscle.

Interesting parallel we have there!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

(Con D. won it)

Con Demetriou is a living legend  8)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 11:42:16 PM »
Con Demetriou is a living legend  8)
Guy Grundy saved his ass in 95 otherwise he would have turned up at the nationals as flat as a pancake...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 12:07:03 AM »
I agree several decisions in his bodybuilding career were questionable.

But thats not what Im talking about  ;)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 01:09:14 AM »
I agree several decisions in his bodybuilding career were questionable.

But thats not what Im talking about  ;)
are we talking female conquests?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 01:15:32 AM »
You could say that

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 01:20:37 AM »
A gay dude I know through business dealings owns a gym with his pictures up all over the place... he had that cross over appeal that con guy...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 01:25:55 AM »
fair enough, i like the dude...glad to see his sussex st club is rolling

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 01:27:35 AM »
fair enough, i like the dude...glad to see his sussex st club is rolling

[/quote
terilli's gym is closing down btw...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 01:33:49 AM »
That sucks

The whole Sydney gym scene has changed...Do you know how Andre Burrows newish club is going?

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 01:36:40 AM »
We survived the Olympia and what stands out is the extremes that many go to in an attempt to win or place well in contests. It doesn't matter if it is the Olympia or the Mountaineer. Guys are using and abusing and many are getting injured for their trouble. Ronnie looks like he is tearing up all over. That really is sad to see. At the other end of the spectrum Goodrum is suffering for the sport. You really have to wonder what motivates so many to do such extreme practices and/or heavy training. I have had the misfortune to have torn a biceps and so I try to warn others not to mess with really heavy weights in dangerous exercises such as deadlifts. Why would a Mr Olympia use anything over 500 pounds in his training? 800 pound deadlifts are lunacy. Sooner or later you will damage something. Ditto for heavy squats. Arthur Jones told us not to demonstrate strength and therefore not to do any set for less than about 5 reps.

I have no idea what the champs are taking to be competitive on stage. The lineup at the Olympia was the best ever and most presented with a combination of outstanding size with definition. Never before have so many incredible backs been on the one stage. The standard they set filters down to the rank and file who might overdo drugs in an attempt to win local contests. When virtual beginners present with gynecomastia it is a sad sight. I have witnessed that in my own gym when a junior had that problem. I asked him who advised him on drugs because I tell anyone even thinking about it to go to a sports doctor who knows something about this. Well, the young fella said he followed the advice of the guy who sold him the steroids! At the time this young fellow was training with a former Mr Australia and I assumed that is where he got his information from. Nope, he got it from a pusher.

The desire to transcend oneself and become a mister someone is strong in many men and bodybuilding can help us achieve that goal. However, it appears the price may be too high. Side effects and now injuries are commonplace in the sport. When the novices and juniors present with these problems what does that say about the sport? I know this has been said many times before on Getbig but I do worry about everyone who has to use extreme measures in the hope they can win a contest someday. I doubt many of us would want to be a professional and have to endure what is required by that level.

This is very interesting - when Garrett Downing used to post here he said some similar things reguarding pushing heavy weight on certain exercises. He suffered a ham tear that basically ended his career, he made a very good come back but his legs were never the same. Adrise El Ward had some of the best biceps peaks ever and he now sports a torn right bicep, Ronnie has done something to his lat, quad, and tricep, and now it looks like Ruhl has torn his inner chest some how, and of cource there's Freeman who accually won a show with 1.5 pec - and that's the short list. It really looks like allot of these guys are tearing their bodies apart these days!! Personally, I think the IFBB made a mistake by giving the Mr.O to Cutler, all that shyt they said about taking it back to pleasing and sysmetrical shapes they just threw out the window this year - they should have given it to Dexter, now that would have been making a real statement to the PDI and fans. BTW, what is the main cause for someone tearing a muscle - does it have to do with lack of a decent warm up, getting enough blood into the muscle to be worked? This is really scares me!!
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 01:39:22 AM »
That sucks

The whole Sydney gym scene has changed...Do you know how Andre Burrows newish club is going?
don't know...