Author Topic: two arm dumbell row  (Read 1093 times)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
two arm dumbell row
« on: October 13, 2006, 06:53:56 AM »
Lighten the weight, rotate from pronated to neutral grip as you go, aim for 15 - 20 reps, squeeze like mad and grow

I love these.

So much infact i've dropped bb row in favour of them (years of bb rowing have gave way to diminishing returns).

Does anyone else do these?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: two arm dumbell row
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 07:53:20 AM »
Good move because it's a good way to get the more effective neutral grip for rows, the others being T-bars, hammer rows or cable.

The only downside with 2-arm rows excepting T-bars is that it's hard to isolate the lats; bracing the back by lying face-down on a bench while using DBs or BBs is better, IMO. Or T-bars.

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:42:18 AM »
I'd do em but they're damn awkard. The dumbells always hit my sides. And if I do em lying down, they hit the bench.

Good exercise. Just need to gas axe the bench to a better shape  ;D

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:13:54 PM »
i do these but never in the place of rows or deadlifts i like them at the end of my routine if i start out with deadlifts
these are good 90-6 reps heavier than those starts to sacrifice form well for me

barnabas

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »
I've found that using db's works best for me.  I can get a better contraction at the top of the movement.  You arent' going to be using as much weight as if you were doing single arm db rows.  But it's good towards the end of your workout after your power movements are done.  With the bar and lying on the bench like that I don't feel it as well, just my opinion.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 09:33:27 AM »
So much infact i've dropped bb row in favour of them (years of bb rowing have gave way to diminishing returns).

Does anyone else do these?
Just recently went to only using DBs for rows-because the great ROM is easier on the joints!! Use the DBs with lifting straps.