Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 341098 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A
« Reply #500 on: May 13, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »
I chose tuna because it saves me from having to cook, its easy to measure, its convenient, and its cheap.  I've used chicken before, I just wanted to make things a bit easier right now, so tuna it is. 

Should you follow my diet or something else....tough to say.  You should do the one which is better for you; and it might take trial and error  to find out which is better for you (or you could just guess and see how you like whichever you choose).  Dieting down for the first time is the hardest because you have nothing to go off.  Just be reasonable with whatever you choose--you don't have to get into amazing condition the first try.  Just use the first try as a learning experience.  Plan out and keep track of what you do so that next time you have a better idea of what you liked/didnt like. 

Do you believe that the Wavelength Diet Principles don't work?
I hate the State.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #501 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:51 PM »
haahah ,cool answer.

You're a good guy, jrod!

Thanks!   ;D

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #502 on: May 14, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »
Do you believe that the Wavelength Diet Principles don't work?

I have no idea of what you're talking about. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #503 on: May 15, 2009, 02:34:50 AM »
I have no idea of what you're talking about. 

wl basically says he eats this: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=270349.0 and doesn't make cardio but he is ripped and lean naturally

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #504 on: May 16, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »
wl basically says he eats this: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=270349.0 and doesn't make cardio but he is ripped and lean naturally

Oh nice, good for him. 

So my response to above/do I believe in it:

I'm sure there is some way it can be twisted to work (if all you care about is staying lean).  But, if you're trying to get the best out of yourself/physique, I don't think that is the OPTIMAL way to do it.  There are usually several ways to do things, but not all of there are going to be the BEST way to do it.

It all depends on what you want, I think.  If eating stuff like that is really, really important to you, then maybe you should fit it into your diet, but do it in such a way that you are still happy with how you look.  If eating food like that is not as important, and optimal results are what you're after, then I wouldn't eat like that very often.

In fact, I would not do that simply cause I would feel nasty eating like that all the time.  I can only handle eating like that for a short amount of time.  If I eat like that after a show, I start to feel disgusting after a day or two and look forward to eating my regular way.  I physically feel better when I eat well.

But in the end, if THAT is what makes you happy, then do it (or find the right balance that makes you happy). 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #505 on: May 16, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »
Did you ever pick up a sponsorship J?  You going to make a living in bodybuilding or do something with your degree?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #506 on: May 16, 2009, 09:53:53 PM »
Did you ever pick up a sponsorship J?  You going to make a living in bodybuilding or do something with your degree?

I'm sponsored by Species Nutrition.  As for making a living off bodybuilding, I doubt that is ever going to happen, nor is it something I have even really considered.  I love bodybuilding, its a great hobby, but I don't think I'll ever make a living off it--much more likely my degree.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2009, 03:55:22 AM »
We like to hack on Palumbo but cool of him to give out some sponsorships.

If you get a chance, show up crazy Debussey with some Fibonacci skills on the G&O.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »
Like Donkey and tapeworm are saying.  You should shoot the shit with us all on the gossip boards from time to time.  Anwyays, quick question for you. 
You say you have vegetables with aproximately 3 meals or so when dieting.  What kind specifically? I know you have broccoli but are there any others?  And what are their benefits? 
I noticed when I dieted down in 08 that my immune system wasn't as strong as offseason cause I was depriving myself of alot of vitamins I would usually get naturally.  Even though I was taking a multivitamin it just didn't seem the same. 
Second part.  How much sodium do you consume at each meal? and when do you cut it?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
We like to hack on Palumbo but cool of him to give out some sponsorships.

If you get a chance, show up crazy Debussey with some Fibonacci skills on the G&O.

Yeah, that was very cool of him.  He's a really nice guy in real life. 

As for the Fibonacci thing, I really don't like that stuff. I can do math, but I get bored of that shit.  Its like being able to program, but not being a computer nerd.  You could probably find everything you need on Wikipedia and sound like a genius even though you have no idea what you're talking about. 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »
Like Donkey and tapeworm are saying.  You should shoot the shit with us all on the gossip boards from time to time.  Anwyays, quick question for you. 
You say you have vegetables with aproximately 3 meals or so when dieting.  What kind specifically? I know you have broccoli but are there any others?  And what are their benefits? 
I noticed when I dieted down in 08 that my immune system wasn't as strong as offseason cause I was depriving myself of alot of vitamins I would usually get naturally.  Even though I was taking a multivitamin it just didn't seem the same. 
Second part.  How much sodium do you consume at each meal? and when do you cut it?

Actually, I always read that board; I just rarely post there.  Some reasons I don't post there are because I just like to let people be, even though they say things I don't believe in or agree with (its all for entertainment anyways, after all).  Also, sometimes Im just too lazy/not motivated to respond to some of the stuff on there--I sometimes just don't care about convincing someone when I don't even know or care about them, so I just let it be.  With that said, sure I'll post a bit more on there.

As for vegetables, I prefer broccoli, but sometimes I use the frozen stir fry mix, sugar snap peas, asparagus.  As for benefits, I like eating vegetables during meals when I get little carbs (eg a 10g of carbs meal) because you get to eat more volume; so it seems like you're eating more food than if you were to eat 10g of carbs from rice.  Furthermore, 10g carbs from veggies is not the same as 10g carbs from rice--it takes your body more energy to break down the vegetables (in short, easier to get lean from vegetables).  As for vitamins from vegetables, that is not why I eat them--I think I get plenty of vitamins from pills--though it doesnt hurt. 

I don't measure sodium.  I just salt/season my meals when I want to keep sodium high and stop salting/seasoning when I want to cut down (I never completely cut out sodium). 

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #511 on: May 18, 2009, 02:27:18 AM »
Are you a retard?
Are you dip shit? I'm quite sure my post wasn't directed at you... Or.... Oh, i'm sorry you must have some kind of reading disorder. I would hate to think your one of those guys who think they are so above everyone else, all they know to do is try to be-little others who are happily learning along their BB comp journey. Nah, you would'nt be like that hey.... Must be right with my first guess...
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #512 on: May 18, 2009, 02:34:22 AM »
I chose tuna because it saves me from having to cook, its easy to measure, its convenient, and its cheap.  I've used chicken before, I just wanted to make things a bit easier right now, so tuna it is. 

Should you follow my diet or something else....tough to say.  You should do the one which is better for you; and it might take trial and error  to find out which is better for you (or you could just guess and see how you like whichever you choose).  Dieting down for the first time is the hardest because you have nothing to go off.  Just be reasonable with whatever you choose--you don't have to get into amazing condition the first try.  Just use the first try as a learning experience.  Plan out and keep track of what you do so that next time you have a better idea of what you liked/didnt like. 

Thanks jrod. Appreciate your input mate. I may end up seeing a trainer/nutritionist who competes at my gym for some help on the cutting diet for the first comp. Also do what you suggested, record everything so i can do it myself next time.
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #513 on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »
Thanks jrod. Appreciate your input mate. I may end up seeing a trainer/nutritionist who competes at my gym for some help on the cutting diet for the first comp. Also do what you suggested, record everything so i can do it myself next time.

No problem. 

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #514 on: May 21, 2009, 01:52:24 PM »
No problem. 

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
U LOOK GREAT,good represenative to bbing and staying true to what u believe in.if u and theres a good chance were able to turn pro ,would u compete at 202 class as a ifbb pro?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2009, 09:42:29 AM »
U LOOK GREAT,good represenative to bbing and staying true to what u believe in.if u and theres a good chance were able to turn pro ,would u compete at 202 class as a ifbb pro?

Thanks!

IF I won a pro card this year, I'm not sure I would take it; there's a good chance I would just keep competing as an amateur since I'm still pretty young. 

However, lets say for the sake of answering your question, I DID win and take my pro car.  I don't think I would be very competitive at the 202 class as I stand right now.  I'm 5'9" and those guys are in the range of 5'5"-5'6".  They are simply going to be A LOT thicker than me.  Maybe I would do it for fun, I mean afterall, if I did eventually turn pro, it would be pretty cool to at least do one pro show; but, I wouldn't have any expectations to place well. 

scrawndog

• Getbig II
« Reply #516 on: May 28, 2009, 08:57:03 AM »
JROD,

Do you stop using creatine before contests ?  I always feel that creatine covers my midsection with a layer of subcutaneous water? 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »
JROD,

Do you stop using creatine before contests ?  I always feel that creatine covers my midsection with a layer of subcutaneous water? 

No, actually, I take creatine all the way up the show (I've even taken it on the day of the show).  I don't think it makes me hold water in a way that blurs/covers up conditioning. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #518 on: June 04, 2009, 01:13:31 AM »
No, actually, I take creatine all the way up the show (I've even taken it on the day of the show).  I don't think it makes me hold water in a way that blurs/covers up conditioning. 

i agree, creatine bloats is an excuse for people that are still holding fat.  ;D

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #519 on: June 04, 2009, 11:50:57 PM »
i agree, creatine bloats is an excuse for people that are still holding fat.  ;D

;D

;)

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #520 on: June 04, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
I updated my blog with my 16 week out diet from last week and 15 weeks out diet which I start tomorrow.  http://jrod123.blogspot.com/

Here are my 15 weeks out progress pictures which were taken this morning, June 4th.

scrawndog

• Getbig II
« Reply #521 on: June 05, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »
On Point!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2009, 07:51:46 AM »
NICE JOB,NICE BUILD MAN,THATS ALL EFFORT 100 PCT ON EATING TRAINING NO BREAKS ,THATS A REAL BBING LIFESTYLE,NO BLOATED OFFSEASON,EAT WHAT U WILL,TRAIN WHENEVER,JUST NOSE TO THE GRIND DAY IN AND OUT,PROPS BRO.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
Thanks!

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #524 on: July 11, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Some pictures taken last night, 10 weeks out of the Team Universe: