Author Topic: One man still locked up from 9/11 sweeps  (Read 2828 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
One man still locked up from 9/11 sweeps
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:36:06 AM »
Detainee has not been charged, not seen as a threat, but is behind bars

In a jail cell at an immigration detention center in Arizona sits a man who is not charged with a crime, not suspected of a crime, not considered a danger to society.

But he has been in custody for five years.

His name is Ali Partovi. And according to the Department of Homeland Security, he is the last to be held of about 1,200 Arab and Muslim men swept up by authorities in the United States after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

Just this summer, it was reported that an Algerian man, Benemar "Ben" Benatta, was the last detainee, and that his transfer to Canada had closed the book on the post-9/11 sweeps.

But now The Associated Press has learned that at least one person — Partovi — is still being held. The Department of Homeland Security insists he really is the last one in custody.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15264274/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: One man still locked up from 9/11 sweeps
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:37:43 AM »
No charges.  Sixty-one months. 

1,830 days this man has woken up in a prison cell.

And he hasn't yet had his one phone call.  No lawyer.  No rights.

Can anyone here defend this?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »
It's clearly a case of cruel and unusal punishment.

He's had 5 years of his life stolen away from him.

5 years he will never get back.

Criminals who have kept captives are usually made to pay record damages.

What damages will Partovi, and the detainees at Guantanamo receive?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:12:24 AM »
You wanna make an omlette you gotta break some eggs. No system is 100% perfect, sacrifices must be made brothers!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:19:28 AM »
It's clearly a case of cruel and unusal punishment.

He's had 5 years of his life stolen away from him.

5 years he will never get back.

Criminals who have kept captives are usually made to pay record damages.

What damages will Partovi, and the detainees at Guantanamo receive?

YIP
Zack

Get off of it.....where there's smoke there's fire.........what about the people who have decapitated for no reason, what about the people who were recently found dead because of torture and then being decapitated....these people and their families will NEVER have their lives back, this is the problem with Libs, you have no idea who the real enemies are!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »
You wanna make an omlette you gotta break some eggs. No system is 100% perfect, sacrifices must be made brothers!

Definitely agree.

Those who falls victims should be properly re-imbursed for their suffering though.

It's the decent thing to do.

Get off of it.....where there's smoke there's fire.........what about the people who have decapitated for no reason, what about the people who were recently found dead because of torture and then being decapitated....these people and their families will NEVER have their lives back, this is the problem with Libs, you have no idea who the real enemies are!

The constitution is crystal clear about outlawing cruel and unusual punishment.

This has little to do with Democrats or Republicans. It's more a question about one part of the modern day western democracy is in order (the legal branch).

It's what separates us from the other countries. We have a higher standard. In every way.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 11:33:23 AM »
Get off of it.....where there's smoke there's fire

He is being held on a passport violation.  His arranged marriage here didn't work, he applied for political asylum, was denied, and stayed anyway.  He's an illegal immigrant.

what about the people who have decapitated for no reason, what about the people who were recently found dead because of torture and then being decapitated....these people and their families will NEVER have their lives back,

I agree that is a horrible thing.  Do two wrongs make a right?  Should this man from Guam be imprisoned and tortured because some asshole in Iraq he's never met decides to commit an atrocity?

this is the problem with Libs, you have no idea who the real enemies are!

How is this man a "real" enemy?

Also, are you cool with a fellow American receiving this treatment?

The staff at the jail where he was first held "poured hot coffee on my body, they also poured cold ice water on my body," he wrote in one, claiming that staffers also cuffed his hands and feet, which caused "my ankle and lower extremities to swell abnormally."

"It is my firm belief that I am constantly subjected to physical abuse (because) of my ethnicity, I am Iranian of Persian birth," he wrote in another, filed this summer. In that lawsuit he claimed that immigration officers forced him to kneel while handcuffed, and then kicked and punched his stomach and kidneys.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

its scary how totally like al-queda you think....

you r one lost relationship shot of a school shooting mate..
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:50:03 AM »
Get off of it.....where there's smoke there's fire

this from a guy that dosen't believe ANY of the 911 theories and proofs 240 has stated.. ::)
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 12:09:47 PM »

its scary how totally like al-queda you think....

you r one lost relationship shot of a school shooting mate..

::)

WTF? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 12:23:15 PM »
::)

WTF? ???

you dont think al queda feeds the same bullshit to thier extriemists!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 12:30:31 PM »
He is being held on a passport violation.  His arranged marriage here didn't work, he applied for political asylum, was denied, and stayed anyway.  He's an illegal immigrant.

I agree that is a horrible thing.  Do two wrongs make a right?  Should this man from Guam be imprisoned and tortured because some asshole in Iraq he's never met decides to commit an atrocity?

How is this man a "real" enemy?

Also, are you cool with a fellow American receiving this treatment?

The staff at the jail where he was first held "poured hot coffee on my body, they also poured cold ice water on my body," he wrote in one, claiming that staffers also cuffed his hands and feet, which caused "my ankle and lower extremities to swell abnormally."

"It is my firm belief that I am constantly subjected to physical abuse (because) of my ethnicity, I am Iranian of Persian birth," he wrote in another, filed this summer. In that lawsuit he claimed that immigration officers forced him to kneel while handcuffed, and then kicked and punched his stomach and kidneys.

So he isn't an American citizen then...

Do you support all illegals as Americans or just the illegals with connections to 9-11?

I am sure you would make a lot of mexicans happy.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »
So he isn't an American citizen then...

Do you support all illegals as Americans or just the illegals with connections to 9-11?

I am sure you would make a lot of mexicans happy.

Kick him the hell out then.  I'm A-okay with that.

but show me where in our lawbooks we are allowed to torture and hold mexicans for 61 months for being here illegally.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 12:38:20 PM »
Kick him the hell out then.  I'm A-okay with that.

but show me where in our lawbooks we are allowed to torture and hold mexicans for 61 months for being here illegally.
amen brotha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 12:40:44 PM »

We are better than Al-Q.

We're talking about a guy who came here to maay a woman, it fell thru, he applied for poli asylum, was denied, then didn't leave.

Dude's been tortured and held since 9/11.   Of course there are going to be mistakes.  But once you've made the same mistake for 1830 days, maybe it's time to either charge or release the guy?  They have to realize by now the man isn't a threat to anyone- why not send his ass home to get his life back?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 12:48:11 PM »
We are better than Al-Q.

We're talking about a guy who came here to maay a woman, it fell thru, he applied for poli asylum, was denied, then didn't leave.

Dude's been tortured and held since 9/11.   Of course there are going to be mistakes.  But once you've made the same mistake for 1830 days, maybe it's time to either charge or release the guy?  They have to realize by now the man isn't a threat to anyone- why not send his ass home to get his life back?

i have no doubt in my mind that we are better than al queda but this mentality of to make an amlete you gotta break a couple eggs is a way of saying hey some inoccent people is gonna get fvcked over and that is never a problem for al queda either

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 01:42:40 PM »

nords a wittle slow...but $50 says the feds trak his ip...
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 01:49:20 PM »
nords a wittle slow...but $50 says the feds trak his ip...

Yeah, the feds will waste the time with me... i'm just another idiot posting on an online forum just like the rest of us ::)

You're the idiot who thinks the moon landings were fabricated and the face on mars was constructed by some alien race... oh brother...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 01:52:28 PM »
Yeah, the feds will waste the time with me... i'm just another idiot posting on an online forum just like the rest of us ::)

You're the idiot who thinks the moon landings were fabricated and the face on mars was constructed by some alien race... oh brother...

tracking an ip does not take much respurces Mr i know a lot about networking ..lol...its plug and play baby!

anyhow...i'm actually gonna go train legs...

ciao
carpe` vaginum!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »

tracking an ip does not take much respurces Mr i know a lot about networking ..lol...its plug and play baby!

anyhow...i'm actually gonna go train legs...

ciao

Huh? Coke boy, wtf are you talking about?

Their ability to trace an IP isn't what i'm disputing... I'm saying why would they waste resources with someone like me? ???

I don't even get what the hell you're talking about brother :-X
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 02:31:57 PM »

Truth is, neither of you, or me, or anyone here would really be worthy of putting resources into.  Our posts might be catalogued for datamining cause we use words like '911', but we're all just keyboard monkeys trading points of view...

and that's still legal, despite Bill O'Reilly's best efforts :)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 02:40:54 PM »
Truth is, neither of you, or me, or anyone here would really be worthy of putting resources into.  Our posts might be catalogued for datamining cause we use words like '911', but we're all just keyboard monkeys trading points of view...

and that's still legal, despite Bill O'Reilly's best efforts :)

240, care to comment in this thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=101677.0

Remember when you said jihadists only amount to thousands of muslims? :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 02:52:04 PM »
Nordy,

I don't care much for people from that region and I don't think they care much for me.  however, I have a live and let live attitude.

10% of them back violent jihad - I thought it would be higher actually.  And I betcha that AT LEAST 10% of Americans support us taking over most countries in that region because we hate those fuckers.  People in both countries hate each other.  That's okay.  As long as they don't ACT ON IT

You cannot judge a person or group by their opinions.  I could give a rats ass if 95% of them supported violent jihad, or if 95% of Americans supported turning saudi/iran/syria into a parking lot.  INTENT does not matter.  Action is what matters.

Now, if 10% of those fuckers were blowing shit up, that would be a problem.  Much like if 10% of our population was torching mosques in NYC in their freetime.  But "backing" a particular ideal is just an opinion, and you know what people say about opinions.

until they act, they're just a few million pricks whose opinions are different than mine.  maybe we can't stand em... but you can't kill someone because of what they might dream of doing.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 03:08:35 PM »

Great logic there, dumbass. According to you, someone who's completely innocent should lose 5 years of his life because of beheadings and kidnappings he has nothing to do with? Then you go and turn this into a democrat vs republican thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2006, 03:27:59 PM »
Some assholes in Iraq cut off heads... so we should get them back by torturing some poor schmoe from Guam for 5 years?

Hey, my wife left me for the mailman.  I think I'll go stab a McDonalds employee to make things right!