Author Topic: For Body88 Ferrari Killer featured on Yahoo  (Read 5920 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
For Body88 Ferrari Killer featured on Yahoo
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:12:25 PM »
Nothing new info wise but still sweet.  Looks awesome in tungsten?

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=c860df3ccf66c83fb61bb2ffd934330b.976965&cache=1

body88

Re: For Body88 Ferrari Killer featured on Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
My favorite car!!!! Thanks for this video Berserker!!!!

body88

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:41:16 PM »
I was just reading the new Dupont Registry exotic buyers guide. Some of the cars in there will blow your mind. Hennessy has kits for the gt. Gives it 750 horse. It is crazy fast "stock". I can only imagine it with over 700 ponies. Love that car... Thanks again for the vid mang!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:42:27 PM »
No problem  ;)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:21:40 PM »
Nice car, probably because most of it is British is why it's so good  :) the power is all American though which is the most important thing I guess.

Jeremy Clarkson gave it a great review on TG here.

If you have the time the TG Supercars in France with the Ford GT is a great watch part 1 part 2 part 3

body88

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »
Nice car, probably because most of it is British is why it's so good  :) the power is all American though which is the most important thing I guess.

Jeremy Clarkson gave it a great review on TG here.

If you have the time the TG Supercars in France with the Ford GT is a great watch part 1 part 2 part 3

Thanks for the vids Diesel! I am not a fan of American cars mostly. I love the gt tho. I am also a fan of the new zo6. The Gt is my dream car. My second is the old f40. American auto makers could make incredable cars if they wanted to. I hope they continue with cars like the gt. Then maybe make something with a big v8  that is nice,light and HANDLES for about 40k. The new gt500 mustang would have been a good start. Then they decided to leave it with a live axle ::)

Aston Martins are some of the most beautiful cars ever made. The new ones are incredable looking.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 03:35:45 PM »
My friend has a 67 GT350 Shelby Cobra Mustang. The guy lives and breathes Mustangs and Cougars. He has motors in his front yard. He says the new GT 500 that sports 500 hp on the dyno can get some serious horsepower at the rear wheel with just bolt-ons like exhaust, headers, airkit, pulleys and tweaking the fuel curve.
The House that Ruth built

body88

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 03:38:27 PM »
My friend has a 67 GT350 Shelby Cobra Mustang. The guy lives and breathes Mustangs and Cougars. He has motors in his front yard. He says the new GT 500 that sports 500 hp on the dyno can get some serious horsepower at the rear wheel with just bolt-ons like exhaust, headers, airkit, pulleys and tweaking the fuel curve.

I can believe it. That is one bad ass ride. I like the old shelby cobras. I forgot to mention those. Bad ass cars.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 03:50:54 PM »

Thanks for the vids Diesel! I am not a fan of American cars mostly. I love the gt tho. I am also a fan of the new zo6. The Gt is my dream car. My second is the old f40. American auto makers could make incredable cars if they wanted to. I hope they continue with cars like the gt. Then maybe make something with a big v8  that is nice,light and HANDLES for about 40k. The new gt500 mustang would have been a good start. Then they decided to leave it with a live axle ::)

Aston Martins are some of the most beautiful cars ever made. The new ones are incredable looking.

I'll be honest and say I wasn't even aware of any British or European parts on the GT until I read this

Clarkson on Americans

Americans, although loud and brash were basically harmless. But now things have changed...

We have an image of the American motorist, his big flobbery stomach, flobbering from state to state in a big, flobbery car with big flobbery suspension at a flobbery 55mph. For many years, I've argued that the heart of the average American motorist beats approximately once every 15 minutes. Technically, they're in a coma. But, sadly, this is wrong.

Nowadays, the American motorist drives at the same speed we do, 80 or 85. And he's the most aggressive creature on earth. If you wish to change lanes on the freeway, because, say, your turn-off is approaching, you can indicate all you like, but no one will slow down to let you in.

They won't speed up, either. They'll just sit there until you remember you're in a rental car and make the move anyway. Then you'll get a selection of hand gestures that you never knew existed. I know of no country in the world where motorists are so intolerant of one another.

The slightest mistake causes at the very least a great deal of horn blowing and, at worst, a three-second burst from some kind of powerful automatic weapon. Then we have the question of tailgating. Of course, this happens elsewhere - I've actually been nudged by a nun in Italy - but there's nowhere it happens so often as on the American freeway.

Everyone sits as a matter of course about three feet from your rear end. Which, when you're being followed by a Kenworth truck and you're doing 80, and he has an M16 carbine, and you need to turn left, and the person on your inside won't let you in, can be a bit unnerving.

It isn't how they drive that's changed, either. It's what they drive. Now, for every nondescript Kojak-style saloon, you'll see two Evos or Subarus. And almost every car has been modded in some way. My favourite was an orange Lotus Exige parked at the pumps in the middle of Death Valley.

"Yeah," said the rather serious-looking driver when I approached, "I've given it two degrees more camber on the back, fitted a 25 per cent softer compound on the front, uprated the supercharger..."

"So," I said after I'd had enough, "you've ruined it".

He was genuinely taken aback. I believe there's a sense over there that car makers are pretty incompetent. And that if GM, Chrysler and Ford can't make a car properly, then what chance do those funny little trolls in Europe have? Never mind the l'il yella fellas from under the rising sun.

I tried to explain to our American friend that the Exige was put on sale after much development work and that if a two-degree shift in rear camber would make it handle better, then he could be assured that it'd be sold that way in the first place.

But he was having none of it, launching instead into a long list of things he'd done to make the Toyota engine run cleaner and better than Tojo had managed. If you want to know what these measures are, he'll almost certainly still be there. It's the only garage in Baker. You can't miss it.

Anyway, the thing is that, thanks to the new found fondness for modding and pimping, and the more aggressive driving style, there are a great many modded and pimped cars on the market. Most of which seem to be based on the new Ford Mustang.

That's no bad thing. With its see-saw damping and damp dishcloth V8, the standard product is like one of those 'girls next door' you see featured in FHM. You sense that with a bit of lighting here and a bit of eye shadow there, you could turn the pasty-faced teenager from Pontefract into the next Claudia Schiffer. Shelby's given it a bash with mixed results.

There's lots of power - 475bhp - but the handling, steering and brakes remain untouched. Which means you're paying extra, simply to have a bigger accident. Roush is different. Roush currently fields, I think, five of 43 Winston Cup Nascar racers, which makes the company a bit like Ferrari, McLaren and half of Williams rolled into one.

Roush is also responsible for the alarm/tracker on my GT, so that's not so good. But I don't allow personal issues to cloud my judgement. Actually, I do allow personal issues to cloud my judgement - it's why I punched Piers Morgan - but on this occasion, I'm going to play it straight and say, straight out, the Stage III Roush Mustang is a delightful way of going fast for not much money.

This opinion rather baffled the salesman. "But it's $43,000," he said incredulously. Precisely, that makes it ?23,800 and that, for a supercharged V8 muscle car is amazing, really. "Yes," said our man, "but our car only produces 415bhp which is a lot less than you get from Shelby or Saleen." To his astonishment, I wasn't bothered.

415bhp endows the Roush 'Stang with a 0-60 time of 4.9secs and a top speed of something or other. No one's tested it. But I can tell you the speedo only reads to 140. So in a straight line, it's not that epic. It is, however, when you get to a corner because it's lowered, firmed up and injected with a bit of beef. It's 15 per cent stiffer than normal and to be honest, so was I.

There's no finesse, it's not like a BMW in any way, but for sticking the tail out and keeping it there using nothing but the throttle, it's in the same league as that other colonial upstart, the Monaro VXR. This begs a question, then. Would it be possible to import such a car to Britain?

I'm not talking about the technicalities because, of course, you simply put it on a ship, pay some tax and within a few weeks, it'll be outside your house, ready and road legal. No, I'm talking about the sociological issues. Would it be possible to import this car... without causing all your friends to die laughing. At you.

Tell someone you drive a Mustang and no matter what it is, you'll come across as a bit of a local DJ. We think of it in terms of Bullitt. Everyone else thinks we look like we may be married to our sister. And do you really want a car with two stripes down the bonnet? And exhausts which sound like Katrina?

In America, this works. But that's because they are so much more aggressive than we are. They gave the world KFC. We gave the world the cream tea. And I suspect driving a Roush Mustang here would be like dipping a chicken drumstick into strawberry jam.

And then there's the politics. This car means you are aligning yourself with US policies. You're driving around saying you support the war in Iraq and the strategy in Afghanistan. Maybe you do. But I don't.

So why, you may be wondering, do I own a Ford GT? That's simple. The body is British, the gearbox is British, the steering rack is from an Aston, the chassis was set up by a couple of guys from Lotus, the wheels are German and the brakes are Italian. The power is American, yes, but it's tamed and sophisticated by Europeans. It's a metaphor, in other words, for the perfect world.

body88

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
Clarkson is a funny guy lol. I forgot to add the saleen s7 to the list of crazy cars. That is one bad ass American car. Have you seen the new twin turbo version. Over 700 horse!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »
that car is like a pinto compared to the bugatti veyron

body88

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 04:37:57 PM »
that car is like a pinto compared to the Bugatti veyron

The gt?

The veyron is 1.2 million dollars. The new gt was about 100,000 bucks and hailed as one of the greatest cars ever.

If you where referring to the new tt s7 you are incorrect. It has over 750 bhp at 2700 lbs. The Veyron has 1000 horse at 4300 lbs. The only thing that is faster about the Veyron than the s7 is the top speed. That has to do with aero dynamics.

The fastest product  car is American. The Ultimate aero tt has 1,180 bhp at 2800 lbs. That is 200 more horse and 1500 lbs less than the Veyron. The estimated top speed on that is 270 mph. That is if you can even drive the thing. Prob like strapping yourself to a missile and hoping for the best. The aero tt is a 500 grand.

The Veyron is VERY impressive. It is crazy fast. But the true wow factor of the Veyron is the engineering. The quad turbo and w 16 come to mind. It is more of a technical wonder. It is also 1.2 mill. You can go that fast for way less. So if you are basing the Veyron on speed alone. It is not that impressive since it costs over a million dollars. The f1 was doing 230 a decade ago.

body88

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 07:44:51 PM »
Some of my other favorite exotics. My fav is the GT but these are bad ass also!!

Post some rare exotics.

lambo lp 640

saleen s7 twin turbo

Panoz

Sporttec spr  800 horse 911

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »
Some other of my favorite cars. Nothing can match the gt to me but here are some others I love.

Post some rare exotics!

What no Zonda?

body88

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 07:48:19 PM »
What no Zonda?

It is on the way my friend!!! The drop top is incredable!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »

It is on the way my friend!!! The drop top is incredable!

Yes, it is. It's one of my favorite works of art.

On Sunday I went to the New Balance Outlet Store in Brighton and I saw a yellow Gallardo blasting threw Newton. It looked and sounded badass.

body88

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »
 ;)

Zonda roadster

Another one of my favs I forgot about. The clk dtm cabriolet.

body88

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 07:56:50 PM »
Yes, it is. It's one of my favorite works of art.

On Sunday I went to the New Balance Outlet Store in Brighton and I saw a yellow Gallardo blasting threw Newton. It looked and sounded badass.

Sigh, I need 200 grand asap. Have you had a chance to see the new 911 tt? Awesome car.

body88

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 08:05:59 PM »
Detomaso pantera

f40

f1

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 08:08:36 PM »
Ah, the F1. The ultimate badass, more than ten years old and it's still nearly king of the hill.

Wyclef has one, the lucky fukk. They aren't legal on US roads so you have to put a show car plate or something like that on them. I don't think you can drive more than 2,500 miles a year on US roads in one. What a tease. I LOVE the center driving position.

body88

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 08:17:14 PM »
Ah, the F1. The ultimate badass, more than ten years old and it's still nearly king of the hill.

Wyclef has one, the lucky fukk. They aren't legal on US roads so you have to put a show car plate or something like that on them. I don't think you can drive more than 2,500 miles a year on US roads in one. What a tease. I LOVE the center driving position.

Check out the new car Gorden Murray is working on. It is called the t1. Same center driving position as the f1. Supposed to be crazy fast.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 08:28:52 PM »

The gt?

The veyron is 1.2 million dollars. The new gt was about 100,000 bucks and hailed as one of the greatest cars ever.

If you where referring to the new tt s7 you are incorrect. It has over 750 bhp at 2700 lbs. The Veyron has 1000 horse at 4300 lbs. The only thing that is faster about the Veyron than the s7 is the top speed. That has to do with aero dynamics.

The fastest product  car is American. The Ultimate aero tt has 1,180 bhp at 2800 lbs. That is 200 more horse and 1500 lbs less than the Veyron. The estimated top speed on that is 270 mph. This car is also 500 grand.

The Veyron is VERY impressive. It is crazy fast. But the true wow factor of the Veyron is the engineering. The quad turbo and w 16 come to mind. It is more of a technical wonder. It is also 1.2 mill. You can go that fast for way less. So if you are basing the Veyron on speed alone. It is not that impressive since it costs over a million dollars. The f1 was doing 230 a decade ago.
the s7 and the veyron are comparable on the track but on the street the tts7 is kinda a turd it is a very high strung pushrod v8 tuned to the edge of disaster the veyron is actually a very nice ride(never driven a veyron but did ride in it)but pure speed and acceleration the tt s7 is ridiculous

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 08:31:51 PM »
Check out the new car Gorden Murray is working on. It is called the t1. Same center driving position as the f1. Supposed to be crazy fast.

I couldn't believe Murray did the SLR. I thought that was an abortion. To go from the F1 to an automatic SLR is a giant step backwards in my opinion. That was a mistake for McLaren.

body88

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 08:32:44 PM »
the s7 and the veyron are comparable on the track but on the street the tts7 is kinda a turd it is a very high strung pushrod v8 tuned to the edge of disaster the veyron is actually a very nice ride(never driven a veyron but did ride in it)but pure speed and acceleration the tt s7 is ridiculous

You said it better than me. While the s7 tt is not as fast top end as the Veyron it is just as fast off the line and on the track. What was is like to ride in the Veyron? Lucky bastard.

body88

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 08:33:28 PM »
I couldn't believe Murray did the SLR. I thought that was an abortion. To go from the F1 to an automatic SLR is a giant step backwards in my opinion. That was a mistake for McLaren.

I agree. I HATE that car.