Author Topic: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!  (Read 50100 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!
« on: October 18, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »
Ben Weider on PBW! - Monday, October 23rd
IFBB President Agrees to Rare Public Interview

Replay is Ready at BodybuildingRadio.com

For the past 60 years, he has served as the founding President of the IFBB. 
On Monday, “Pro Bodybuilding Weekly” welcomed Ben Weider for a rare public interview.  A former Nobel Prize nominee, Weider will discuss a wide range of topics, past and present. 

For the first time, Weider will comment publicly on the departure of Demilia, the suspension of Priest, the sale of Weider Publications and a wide range of topics spanning his 60 years atop the IFBB. 

In other news: PBW has announced a promotional relationship with the 2007 Arnold Fitness Weekend & Sports Festival. For more information, visit www.BodybuildingRadio.com 

Pro Bodybuilding Weekly is presented each week by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com, the world’s #1 most visited bodybuilding website.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW Welcomes Ben Weider - Monday!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »
What founder of any organization gives "rare" interviews?  No wonder the IFBB is a joke.  All they do is hide from the spotlight.

I guess it's good that they've pried him out of the steambath for a softball interview.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
It's all about the $$$$$ Money. ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »
Excellent to see Ben Weider giving an interview for people to listen to.  I had a chance to meet Ben Weider at the 2006 Olympia, and we talked about various issues. Very nice guy - and I was impressed.  And yes, I got the book signed by all three of them who were there together, Joe & Betty Weider, and Ben Weider. It was cool.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 08:55:14 PM »

60?? How the hell old was he when he became president?  Even if he was a kid in his 20's, he's pushing 90 years old now.

Ol' Ben is past his expiration date!
Ron: "I am lazy."

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 09:02:51 PM »
Ben Weider on PBW!
IFBB President Agrees to Rare Public Interview
Monday, October 23rd – 8pm EST

On Monday, “Pro Bodybuilding Weekly” welcomes Ben Weider for a rare public interview.  A former Nobel Prize nominee, Weider will discuss a wide range of topics, past and present. 

For the first time, Weider will comment publicly on the departure of Demilia, the suspension of Priest, the sale of Weider Publications and a wide range of topics spanning his 60 years atop the IFBB. 

In other news: PBW has announced a promotional relationship with the 2007 Arnold Fitness Weekend & Sports Festival. For more information, visit www.BodybuildingRadio.com 

Pro Bodybuilding Weekly is presented each week by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com, the world’s #1 most visited bodybuilding website.

hip hip hooray..  ::)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
He's a "Nobel Prize nominee," hahahahahaha, what a joke. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »
Even if he was a kid in his 20's, he's pushing 90 years old now.

I think he is 83-84 years old.

He's a "Nobel Prize nominee,"

In 1984, Ben Weider was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his role as mediator with the leaders of the 172 member nations of the International Federation of Bodybuilding (IFBB). Weider was a unifying force for this assortment of countries, despite the political differences that separated some of them

You don't think they'll ask him any tough questions?

They should ask him about Wayne Demilia, Lee Priest, Weider Pubs, and other interesting questions. But should they ask him question attacking everything and everyone, no..... but lets see what he thinks on these first...

Don't judge someone you have never met or heard until you listen to him...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 10:21:52 PM »

I can't believe he's wasting the last few years of his life worrying about useless crap like whether or not Lee Priest competes in the PDI or not.  He obviously has a distorted sense of the relative importance of bodybuilding in the scheme of things. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 12:04:28 AM »
I bet this interview is gonna be good. 

Whatever he says, it's gonna be news.  I hope yall ask him some tough questions - especially on Priest, the gut mandate, and who is going to run things should Joe and ben ever grow bored.

Also - on the nobel prize, they don't release nominees' names for 50 years after nominations.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 07:19:42 AM »

Also - on the nobel prize, they don't release nominees' names for 50 years after nominations.

LOL.... pwned!

Between that and all the BS letters after his name, he's like a Canadian Vince Goodrum!  ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
God, this show will illustrate what the term 'lapdog' means...watch the old m an play fetch with chick..here boy , here ya go.....fetch!!! hahahah
L

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 09:46:19 AM »
Does the Getbig question of the week still apply?
Elevate Your Image.™

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 11:07:55 AM »

How about judging him on just his actions; being selective with his rules, making millions of athletes while giving the athletes either nothing or the top ten guys an insignificant percentage of that money-the guy is exploiting his athletes.  I'll judge him on that, I dont need to meet him.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 11:11:24 AM »
Does the Getbig question of the week still apply?

Yea maybe they can ask is their a job waiting for Isaac. And not the kind he is used to giving ;D  This is his first interview cause it took this long to write the script.

Ask him much in taxes he has paid in the U.S.  even thought he makes his majority of dough from here.  Ask him since he loves Bodybuilding so much and bodybuilders how the retirement fund and medical benefits coming along.  Ask him how he feels about encouraging the use of steroids.  Ask him why he is full of shit.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 06:06:16 PM »
Solomon has always made things turn out to be a good show, I suspect he will do the same with Mr. Weider but also hold respect for him too.

AVBG

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 06:13:34 PM »
Getbig Q of the week:

Q. Ben, what type of legacy do you wish to leave or what do you believe you as president of the IFBB will be remembered for when your reign as president is over?

Do you still hold hopes of BB being an Olympic sport? And if one day it is.. Do you think the importance/reverence of the professional Mr Olympia would be impacted?

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 10:26:11 PM »
Dan Soloman & Bob
I have a good question, you can phrase it any respectful way you want, if you don't ask it, its because you are afraid of bringing up the issue, her it goes:

Joe, your company makes millions of dollars putting on shows, selling supplements, endorsements etc etc, why is it that your athletes make such small amounts (almost insignificant amount comparatively)?  Is this not some kind of athlete exploitation?  Because in the end its the athlete that makes you the money?
And please do not talk about the top 10-15 guys, talk about the majority who make nothing or even lose money.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 10:46:26 PM »
Q:  This year's IFBB World Amateur Championships are being advertised as the 60th.  That implies that there were 59 others.  But there have only been 28 World Amateur Championships, every year since 1978.  Prior to that there were 18 IFBB Universe events, from 1959 to 1977, excluding 1961.  Ignoring that the early Universe contests were pro events, 18+28 is 46.

The first IFBB contest was the 1948 Mr Eastern North America.  There was also an international contest in 1949, the Mr North America.  In 1950, there was the Mr Eastern America.  Then nothing until 1959.

So why is it called the 60th ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 01:12:26 AM »
I'd like to see his scorecard from this year's O.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 06:09:50 AM »

In 1984, Ben Weider was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his role as mediator with the leaders of the 172 member nations of the International Federation of Bodybuilding (IFBB). Weider was a unifying force for this assortment of countries, despite the political differences that separated some of them

They should ask him about Wayne Demilia, Lee Priest, Weider Pubs, and other interesting questions. But should they ask him question attacking everything and everyone, no..... but lets see what he thinks on these first...

HE WILL BE ON TO PLUG HIS BOOK......CAN I PHONE IN :)
BUT ASK HIM THESE........
1. ARE THEY INCOPORATED IN THE USA.
2. ABOUT ANTI TRUST LAWS.
3. IS THE IFBB PRO LEAGUE A BUISNESS IN CANADA?
4. HOW BEN DISTANCED HIMSELF FROM THE PRO LEAGUE TO LOOK GOOD FOR (WADDA) THE DRUG COMMITTEE FOR THE OLYMPICS.THAT'S WHY NO MENTION OF THE PRO STUFF IS ON THIER SITE.BUT BEN IS STILL WITH THE PRO LEAGUE WADDA WOULDN'T LIKE THAT.AND THE MONEY FROM THE PRO LEAGUE GOES IN SAME ACCOUNTAS THE AMUTURES.
5.IS THE IFBB TAX FREE IN CANADA AND NOT THE USA.
6.HOW NO TAX IS WITH HELD ON MONEY SENT TO IFBB IN CANADA FOR SANCTION FEES.MAN THIS WILL GET ALOT OF PROMOTERS IN TROUBLE(FEDERAL TROUBLE)SENDING MONEY TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND NOT WITHHOLDING TAX.WHO WILL PURGER THEMSELVES FOR THE IFBB?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 08:23:32 AM »
HE WILL BE ON TO PLUG HIS BOOK......CAN I PHONE IN :)
BUT ASK HIM THESE........
1. ARE THEY INCOPORATED IN THE USA.
2. ABOUT ANTI TRUST LAWS.
3. IS THE IFBB PRO LEAGUE A BUISNESS IN CANADA?
4. HOW BEN DISTANCED HIMSELF FROM THE PRO LEAGUE TO LOOK GOOD FOR (WADDA) THE DRUG COMMITTEE FOR THE OLYMPICS.THAT'S WHY NO MENTION OF THE PRO STUFF IS ON THIER SITE.BUT BEN IS STILL WITH THE PRO LEAGUE WADDA WOULDN'T LIKE THAT.AND THE MONEY FROM THE PRO LEAGUE GOES IN SAME ACCOUNTAS THE AMUTURES.
5.IS THE IFBB TAX FREE IN CANADA AND NOT THE USA.
6.HOW NO TAX IS WITH HELD ON MONEY SENT TO IFBB IN CANADA FOR SANCTION FEES.MAN THIS WILL GET ALOT OF PROMOTERS IN TROUBLE(FEDERAL TROUBLE)SENDING MONEY TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND NOT WITHHOLDING TAX.WHO WILL PURGER THEMSELVES FOR THE IFBB?

You had a golden opportunity to ask him all these questions YOURSELF..right in his office, face to face...Mano-e-tattooed Mano

You instead opted to not attend your hearing...WHY?

KTMckay

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 08:48:24 AM »
You had a golden opportunity to ask him all these questions YOURSELF..right in his office, face to face...Mano-e-tattooed Mano

You instead opted to not attend your hearing...WHY?
Why go somewhere where your not even wanted?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 08:57:41 AM »
Couldn't agree more...

Why would one WANT to compete for an organization that you hate?

KTMckay

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 09:24:06 AM »
Valid point Bob. I dont like how lees joined the PDI myself. I think its all bullshit that show was ridiculous it was like watching the fourth callout at the ironman. The prestigous events are all in the IFBB. I'd like to see Lee on the ifbb stage more but thats all over for him. The IFBB is what made the industry. and to go elsewhere doesnt seem like a good choice. Anyways idf like to see Lee do well anywehre he goes. i just wish he'd be with the ifbb. even though i dont agree with the politics oh well.