Author Topic: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!  (Read 50098 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: PBW Welcomes Ben Weider - Monday!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 11:25:28 AM »
You had a golden opportunity to ask him all these questions YOURSELF..right in his office, face to face...Mano-e-tattooed Mano

You instead opted to not attend your hearing...WHY?

They don't have KFC in Canada?

I don't know...maybe thats a stretch.

;)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 11:26:12 AM »
Ask Ben if he is still going to pay me $10 for every PDI bashing post I make
Just Bad Bad Blood!

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 11:47:31 AM »
Couldn't agree more...

Why would one WANT to compete for an organization that you hate?

Simple, to make money, ask 99% of the popluation if they hate their jobs but why they still go, some people are just not fortunate enough to do something they love with thier lives.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
Interesting interview it should be.
Team Goodrum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 08:22:17 PM »
You had a golden opportunity to ask him all these questions YOURSELF..right in his office, face to face...Mano-e-tattooed Mano

You instead opted to not attend your hearing...WHY?

Did they offer Lee an option to attend the hearing by teleconference?   And if they demanded he attend, in Canada, did they give him hotel and airfare?

The idea of giving him a few weeks' notice to travel to Canada to dispute things (a week before the English Pro) is unrealistic.  In real life, if the NBA has a problem with Shaq throwing an elbow at another player on the court, they call him after the game or send a rep to speak to him about the matter.  They don't make him fly from Miami to NY to sit down at NBA headquarters when he has a playoff game the next day.

Bob, I'm starting to give you credit here.  Don't lose your credibility be defending such an unrealistic travel demand on short notice during competitive season. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 09:09:53 PM »
Did they offer Lee an option to attend the hearing by teleconference?   And if they demanded he attend, in Canada, did they give him hotel and airfare?

The idea of giving him a few weeks' notice to travel to Canada to dispute things (a week before the English Pro) is unrealistic.  In real life, if the NBA has a problem with Shaq throwing an elbow at another player on the court, they call him after the game or send a rep to speak to him about the matter.  They don't make him fly from Miami to NY to sit down at NBA headquarters when he has a playoff game the next day.

Bob, I'm starting to give you credit here.  Don't lose your credibility be defending such an unrealistic travel demand on short notice during competitive season. 

First of all, he's hadd nearly a month to get any travel plans together...

Secondly, why on God's green earth would the IFBB foot the bill so Lee could answer to why HE decided to compete in a rival federation? Does the court pay for you to fight a traffic ticket, or a trial?

Third, do you really think the IFBB is going to give a shit about a rival fedeation's show, when the very reason for the hearing is that very infraction..?

Come on now...If it was near and dear to Lee's heart to remain with the IFBB, he would have had no problem attending a hearing deciding his fate...he clearly does not, and has stated so on several occasions.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2006, 09:43:39 PM »
Sign an IFBB Pro contract to compete and get an injury and live in another country like Japan and you have to fly to the states to see an IFBB doctor to get the OK to break competing contract.Seems a little Stupid and cost a heap.Take the 5k fine it's cheaper than the doctor and travel costs. ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 09:51:27 PM »
Sign an IFBB Pro contract to compete and get an injury and live in another country like Japan and you have to fly to the states to see an IFBB doctor to get the OK to break competing contract.Seems a little Stupid and cost a heap.Take the 5k fine it's cheaper than the doctor and travel costs. ::)

No one has had to go to that extreme since Jim Manion took over...anyone who wanted to get out of a contract merely had to pick up the phone.

Those were the old Wayne days....out with the old, in with the new.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2006, 10:20:38 PM »
Nice work Chick.Thank God for the new days.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2006, 10:23:14 PM »

Secondly, why on God's green earth would the IFBB foot the bill so Lee could answer to why HE decided to compete in a rival federation? Does the court pay for you to fight a traffic ticket, or a trial?

Third, do you really think the IFBB is going to give a shit about a rival fedeation's show, when the very reason for the hearing is that very infraction..?

Come on now...If it was near and dear to Lee's heart to remain with the IFBB, he would have had no problem attending a hearing deciding his fate...he clearly does not, and has stated so on several occasions.

Does the IFBB routinely require athletes to fly to Canada to deal with disciplinary matters, or was Lee the first?  Did the WBF guys have to go to Canada?  Was it in Lee's contract that he would have to travel to another country to dispute a suspension?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 10:48:38 PM »
Does the IFBB routinely require athletes to fly to Canada to deal with disciplinary matters, or was Lee the first?  Did the WBF guys have to go to Canada?  Was it in Lee's contract that he would have to travel to another country to dispute a suspension?

No, the IFBB only requires you personally show up when you've been suspended indefinately...other minor offences do not require a hearing.

Don't know about the WBF guys, or what the rules were back in the early 90's, as they may/ maynot have changed.

Yes, it is in the rules...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »
Yes, it is in the rules...

What year did that rule become that rule?  Was it a spring change coinciding with the PDI's birth? Or was this a longstanding thing?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »
No one has had to go to that extreme since Jim Manion took over...

Has Manion ever gotten over the flu?  I notice he still hasn't been able to pick up the phone for half an hour to be on your show.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »
Question for Weider:  "did you pay the authorities in Las Vegas to time their announcement of the new arrest in the Titus case so as to coincide with the British PDI, and if so how much?"

;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »
What year did that rule become that rule?  Was it a spring change coinciding with the PDI's birth? Or was this a longstanding thing?

It's been in the rules long before the PDI was even a thought...ironically, I'm sure it was Wayne who wrote many of the rules, with Ben...

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2006, 09:38:18 PM »
Will the WEIDER interview be broadcast live?

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
I guess its NOT live?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2006, 12:51:09 PM »
Dave, what you weighing these days?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2006, 02:44:51 PM »
Dave, what you weighing these days?
Monster swayback. Back in the day you used to hit the hosts hard with giving an answer and now...  ???
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2006, 04:11:21 PM »

Ok, so you're the IFBB's athlete liaison now - thanks for clearing that up. 

The IFBB's position on this issue is so indefensible that any attempt to do so is nothing short of laughable. 

Regardless of what Lee decides to do, just call a crock a crock and everyone will be better off. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2006, 06:11:41 PM »
Monster swayback. Back in the day you used to hit the hosts hard with giving an answer and now...  ???

LOL... I beat up on Bob for the taped Canseco interview, but I'd prob not mind in the case of ben (have they said either way?) ... live radio might be fun/unpredictable, and that's always interesting... but I'm guessing pre-taped, as he's a high profile guest and his hearing ability is reputed to be pretty poor.  So if not pre-taped, hopefully they'll do a warmup.

What does matter is, what they ask him.  Titus, DeMilia, Priest and his suspension, yaada yada.  And, will he answer?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2006, 06:34:04 PM »
LOL... I beat up on Bob for the taped Canseco interview, but I'd prob not mind in the case of ben (have they said either way?) ... live radio might be fun/unpredictable, and that's always interesting... but I'm guessing pre-taped, as he's a high profile guest and his hearing ability is reputed to be pretty poor.  So if not pre-taped, hopefully they'll do a warmup.

What does matter is, what they ask him.  Titus, DeMilia, Priest and his suspension, yaada yada.  And, will he answer?

Just how did you "beat up on me" for the Canseco interview?...I had nothing to do with it, nor was I in it...I was on an airplane when Dan did the interview.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2006, 06:39:46 PM »
Just how did you "beat up on me" for the Canseco interview?...I had nothing to do with it, nor was I in it...I was on an airplane when Dan did the interview.

I was raggin on you about it not being live, you called me a fool, our usual banter.

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 11:10:25 AM »
So I guess it's not live?

AVBG

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »
So I guess it's not live?

Hey Dave,

How bout fixing the problem with uploading podcast of Muscle radio?