Author Topic: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!  (Read 50657 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2006, 09:38:35 AM »
Bob, you've said there was nowhere near 1400 people at the NOC.

I'm asking you, how many people were there?

As you know, I wasn't there...from all accounts of people that were, closer to 750.

With 500+ tickets comped...we'll never know how many people actually paid.

You tell me, 240..how many people were there, and how many paid??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »
As you know, I wasn't there...from all accounts of people that were, closer to 750.
With 500+ tickets comped...we'll never know how many people actually paid.
You tell me, 240..how many people were there, and how many paid??

I don't know. 

But since *you're* the one making the comments about the show attendance, the onus of responsibility to support your statement lies on you. 

Not busting your balls, just asking you to verify your numbers.  If the hall held 1500, and you tell us there were 750, that means the place was half-full for finals. 

Are you saying the theater was only half-full for finals?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »
Thats whats been told to me...

If you have any pics to prove otherwise, feel free to post them...

Seems to be a problem with people associated with the PDI, with having pictures to support what they claim... ;D

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2006, 10:24:39 AM »
LOL

Maybe if you both ask Santa, he will bring each of you a new toy car and you can stop fighting all the time.

What would you two do without each other?
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2006, 10:29:45 AM »
Thats whats been told to me...

If you have any pics to prove otherwise, feel free to post them...

Seems to be a problem with people associated with the PDI, with having pictures to support what they claim... ;D

well i was there and you have no idea way off big time.But keep up the good work sherlock

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2006, 10:40:17 AM »
Onlyme claims he is trimming down...  ;D

Rhino claims to use natural diuretics.  ;D
[ Q ] Do you do any last week things to get into contest shape?
No, I don't believe in that. I never understood why bodybuilders would do something that works for 14 weeks and get into great shape, only to do something completely different the last week before the show. Obviously I do dry out the last few days. This year the PDI will have drug testing, so there won't be any diuretics or anything like that. So what I will probably do is increase my water for three or four days as this is a natural diuretic and then the day before the show I will cut my water - that's all.

Insider XYZ announced the first PDI Qualifier... ;D
Xtreme Challenge Sports & Fitness Expo
August 11 & 12, 2006
University of Central Florida
Orlando Florida
http://www.xtreme-usa.com/orlando/prodivision.htm
http://www.xtreme-usa.com/orlando.htm

Everything the PDItes state MUST be true bobarino. Congratulations on your World Championship...
 ;D

But wait... Didn't PBW claim that Ben would be on the show back in July?  ??? What took so long to get him on?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=80948.msg1154302#msg1154302

Enjoy your dish...  ;D
Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »

You made a claim there were 750 people there.  Where are your pictures?

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2006, 10:53:14 AM »
Bob

Do you actually think that if Jay didnt win, 7000 people wouldnt be standing and cheering for any other guy that beat Ronnie, and when I mean other guy, I mean a guy thats not a fridge.

Second, for a guy that wants to do their best for bodybuilding, you have a tendency to put other organizations down that support the same support you do.  Good Job

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2006, 11:06:27 AM »
Don't forget about the Desert Mirage PDI qualifier in Vegas.  The great show that never was.
but it did provide on of the best jokes for kmphoto  ;D

I spent days in Vegas playing "Hunt the Show".

Just Bad Bad Blood!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »
IT was comical with Ben was the pie in the sky dreams about being an Olympic sport.. HA.

The assertions that the amateur BB'ers were compliant with WADA anti doping guidelines was a blatant lie. If the IFBB or NPC had the resources or the balls to test all amateur BB'ers in the upcoming Nationals there would be no one left on stage to claim the prizes.  :-[

whatever happened for the quest of bodybuilding being an "Olympic Sport" one day ??? answers anybody?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2006, 06:43:17 AM »
I could not listen to the replay past the 40 min mark.  i shut down and tried again but nothing.  anyone else have a problem with it?

That shit happens to me on every show. I might get 12 min, 10 min, the last one cuts out at the 3 min mark. I get a prompt that tells me to open up a new file . . . i do and nothing get better. I also can't use the iPod down load.

The Beef is Missing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thisiskeith12

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2006, 06:48:55 AM »
That shit happens to me on every show. I might get 12 min, 10 min, the last one cuts out at the 3 min mark. I get a prompt that tells me to open up a new file . . . i do and nothing get better. I also can't use the iPod down load.

The Beef is Missing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit being el cheapo and get a better computer.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2006, 08:38:40 AM »
The computer is new . . . I guess it might be my dial up conection.

The Beef

thisiskeith12

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2006, 09:01:31 AM »
The computer is new . . . I guess it might be my dial up conection.

The Beef

DIAL UP!? AY CARAMBA!~

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »

Well - always interesting when tangents come to a thread. I enjoyed the Ben Weider interview, whether it was taped or not, still it was nice to see the leader and one of the founders of the IFBB agree to an interview with bodybuilding fans to listen too, whether you agree with him or not.  Regardless of what you think, we can all admit than Ben & Joe have done in increasing the awareness of bodybuilding, and have made a federations that is in over 150 countries.

Dan did a good job in asking various questions that we wanted to hear, while not disrespecting Ben.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:28 PM »
Well - always interesting when tangents come to a thread. I enjoyed the Ben Weider interview, whether it was taped or not, still it was nice to see the leader and one of the founders of the IFBB agree to an interview with bodybuilding fans to listen too, whether you agree with him or not.  Regardless of what you think, we can all admit than Ben & Joe have done in increasing the awareness of bodybuilding, and have made a federations that is in over 150 countries.

Dan did a good job in asking various questions that we wanted to hear, while not disrespecting Ben.

The sad part was how Ben actually believed he pretty much "owned" the sport of bodybuilding as if he invented and patented it...

He is a smart cookie though... business is business and personal feelings/relationships have ZERO to do with it.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2006, 08:40:08 PM »
Does anyone know who wrote the script for this show.  Gotta give Weider credit he can read rather well.  How dumb Chic must feel when he gets put in his place by people telling him the real numbers that go to the PDI shows and the numbers he makes up. He has to feel a little let down.  Anyway call the place and check it out Chic.  Did you answer why less than 300 people were at the Atlantic City show (night).  Now that is embarassing.  You can scratch that show for next year.  How come the Grand Prix or Olympia dates aren't one the IFBB website for next year.  I know why.  WHo is going to promote the Olympia next year since AMI won't be involved.  You guys have Sean ready and primed.  Whoever decides to do it better get there wallet ready.  If Time Warner buys Flex and M&F advertising is going to hit em hard.  And don't forget the $300,000+ they're going to want for the sanction fee.  Very interesting things will happen once the mags sell.  Not much power with the IFBB since they won't control the magazines.  Sponsors will be more available for sponorships, since the IFBB, Manion and Weiders can't threaten them anymore. Come January or February it will get interesting.  Can't wait.  Got 9 PDI shows next already booked.  Maybe one more and possibly 2.  Gotta love it.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2006, 09:15:29 PM »
"put in my place?"

By WHO??

So far there have been no numbers substantiated by anyone on the PDI side...not 1 picture to provide, seems to be a pattern.

500-750 freebies isn't my idea of a successful turnout, and very indicative of the interest level....poor.

Lets see if the PDI can last a second year without major sponsor dollars, or fans willing to watch Lee compete against amateurs dressed up like it's halloween...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2006, 11:33:37 PM »
Lets see if the PDI can last a second year without major sponsor dollars, or fans willing to watch Lee compete against amateurs dressed up like it's halloween...

Whose side are you on?

It put a lot of money into athletes' pockets.   Sure, it might not come next year.  But that is a hypothetical.  A lot of things might or might not happen next year.  BBing is an unsure sport, and shows don't materialize in BOTH federations, right?

Tens of thousands of dollars are flowing into athletes pockets.  Smile :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2006, 11:41:29 PM »
"put in my place?"

By WHO??

So far there have been no numbers substantiated by anyone on the PDI side...not 1 picture to provide, seems to be a pattern.

500-750 freebies isn't my idea of a successful turnout, and very indicative of the interest level....poor.

Chic why oh why to do keep lowering yurself.  First it was they haven't done a show yet. then it was thats only one show now it's lets see if it will last next year.  So why oh why are you this dense.  In some thingsyou are great predicting the success of the PDI and the ultimate failure of the IFBB maybe you should just stay on the sidelines and watch the game.  Cause really all you do is embarrass yourself when you get involved.  Work on your own problems.  Like trying to get more than 2 pros to a meeting.  Interesting howyou dodged all the questions about the big meeting you setup in Vegas.  Hope you didn't have it catered.  Where are the exact numbers for the Olympia.  Not your made up ones.  Lets see the actual ticket accounting.  Unless you have it then it all speculation what you say.  To bad the IFBB was so cheap or maybe they could have flown you or Weinberger out to London to check to see who was in the crowd.

Also, you sure do selective answer things.  WHo is promoting the Olympia next year.  Why isn't the Olympia and the Grand Prix shows on the IFBB website yet all others are.  Simple questions.  Do you need help.  Could it be there is no promoter for those shows yet.  I think so.  If not then who is the promoter.  Exactly.  Call up Jimmy and see what he has you say.  I'm sure it will be good.  Plus has there been a court date set yet.  Man the IFBB is going to be busy next year.  And intgeresting with no sponsors how does the PDI have 6 shows confirmed in Europe next year, Barbados and maybe Trinidad.  Then of course the NOC.  Is the NY Pro moving to a high school next year.  They should maybe they will pack it.  And answer why the Atlantic City pro was so shitty.  Hell the IBB is the best in the world aren't they.  What happened to the Fresno Pro this year.  God you good at sidestepping.  Your are learning from the best.  And why the hell doesn't the IFBB do something about that prize money.  Aren't you the least embarrassed with giving the 8 time Mr. Olympia $4,000 for 2nd place.  I know you are, but you are under contract.  Oh well someday you'll learn.  

I just can't get over your monster imagination of ticket sales.  Are you sure you didn't accidently look at the Olympia ticket sales.  And maybe you should talk to your promoters and teach them that competitors like to pose in front of people not empty houses.  

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2006, 12:36:29 AM »
Whose side are you on?

It put a lot of money into athletes' pockets.   Sure, it might not come next year.  But that is a hypothetical.  A lot of things might or might not happen next year.  BBing is an unsure sport, and shows don't materialize in BOTH federations, right?

Tens of thousands of dollars are flowing into athletes pockets.  Smile :)

Bob stop hating just because you would not make top 5 at PDI no reason to hate guys for making money

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2006, 01:16:21 AM »
Bob stop hating just because you would not make top 5 at PDI no reason to hate guys for making money

Now that is something I never thought about.  No way could Chic beat Lee, Frey or Sami. And once the Russians get there shit together.  And even St. Cloud would beat Chic most of the time.  So CHic right now may be able to break in the top 5.  Hey, better than other pro show he has legitimately won. ;D

I bet if Wayne decided to call a PDI athletes meeting most of the guys would at least show up.  Chic calls a meeting and other than the guy setting up the water glasses, and the guy taking out the trash no one else shows up.

Like I said, just sit back tell your elders to watch how Wayne puts on the shows and promotes and maybe they will learn something.  you would think after all these years they would have retained something.  Why isn't the Olympia and Grand Prix shows on the IFBB schedule?  Please enlighten us with one of the many IFBB excuses answers they have.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2006, 01:20:03 AM »
Here is a question someone should have asked.  And by the way it was scripted.  But anyhow, how come the Weiders, the IFBB who are supposed to the god almighty creators of bodybuilding and support BB and its athletes would penalize their members for just going to a BB show.  Not competing, just going.  Why is that.  All it is, is boybuilding.  Why would they punish for supporting.  Could never figure that one out.  Chic, please call Jimmy and get an answer.  We'll wait.

insinity

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2006, 04:47:00 AM »
This is just too much BS. The Nobel Prize Nomination is just plain BS. "Word got around and finally someone nominated me" ahah, monster ego.
First, only the comitee and the nominators know who the nominees are and that - as in any SERIOUS organization - is kept secret. Secondly, only nominees up to 1951 have been revealed. I'm betting neither he or anyone has any proof to back up the statement that he was a nominee... that's why he was so vague in the actual answer.
Of course the comitee would never get their hands in such matters so no one would ever even come out and say "hey, that guy is a liar" so he just says whatever he wants.
The least Solomon could've done was to google 1 minute about nobel proze nominations. That would've saved him from being played.

"Rules are rules"? "so there should not be 6 or 7 offcial federations"? "There should be only one federation controlling each sport"?!
Ever heard about fascism? Never? Maybe despotism rings a bell? Still pull the "free country" card every once in a while huh? Hypocrits. These people should be stopped immediately >:(

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2006, 05:20:48 AM »
Here is a question someone should have asked.  And by the way it was scripted.  But anyhow, how come the Weiders, the IFBB who are supposed to the god almighty creators of bodybuilding and support BB and its athletes would penalize their members for just going to a BB show.  Not competing, just going.  Why is that.  All it is, is boybuilding.  Why would they punish for supporting.  Could never figure that one out.  Chic, please call Jimmy and get an answer.  We'll wait.

Cuase they are idiots.Same here in England athletes were old if they go to the PDI event they wouldnt place well next show.Isnt that fixing shows? It is all bullshit there is room for other organizations there is competition in every other form of buisness.Why didnt Dan ask about not paying the taxes or the promoters from here not with holding taxes and how Ben tried to distance himself from the Pro side to stay with WADDA ..If WADDA only knew what was really going on...
I am so sick of hearing look what BEN and Joe have done for bodybuilding....NO the question is look at what bodybuilding and the Athletes have done for them....look at what they have made from the athletes compared to what they have given back.You dont think if there was no Ben and Joe show bodybuilding would not exsist..that someone else would not have done it?