Author Topic: PMS  (Read 22258 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: PMS
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »
Lol, I know.  My girlfriends and I laugh about this stuff all the time. I love the "amazing gift" I have been given that allows me to experience this "spectacular process" in harmony with the moon and the blessings of Gaia, creator of all things female.  ::)

Maybe if we all chip in, we can share one pattern for making the reusable moon blood nappies...  :D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2006, 12:57:19 PM »
great post there, flower.
X

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2006, 01:41:24 PM »
bunch of weirdos on here, lol

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2006, 10:26:27 PM »
And what about the chunks of liver that seem to accompany a fibroid?

One night I was having dinner with an old friend who flew into town.
He opened up a package of liver, and I swear I went pale as a ghost.
You know EXACTLY what looking at the slab of liver reminded me of  :-X
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2006, 10:40:04 PM »
Hey DeeDee, I took your advice, and look what I found:

I want to say that this is a fantastic idea, as menstrual blood even though it has come "out of the closet" so to speak recently is still not seen in a positive light by most women and certainly hasn't "bled into" the mainstream yet.

Menstruation used to be known as the curse. This is Judeo-Christian, and many other Patrirachal religions brainwashing technoque for dis-empowering women for thousands of years, like the cursing and defaming of Eve, Lillith etc.

Indiginous peoples such as Native Americans honoured women's monthly bleeding cycles as Sacred. That time of the month was called Moon Time and Native women went to Moon Lodges, huts, or shelters in the ground to set apart their regular cycles from their bleeding times. It was noted that women were at the height of their psychic powers when bleeding, and so that time set aside was not originally to shun them or see them as unclean but to empower them to be with their bodies, their blood flows, to dream, rest,and renew. Women's menstrual blood was considered holy and powerfull, after it was recognized that babies came from the same blood, and so menstrual blood was scattered on fields to fertilize them. It is still a great fertilizer, and is recommended that you use your sacred moon blood on your house plants,or garden, dilluting with water and watch them bloom.

Before the advent of modern electric lighting all women bled at the same time. Ladies you know yourselves that this is still true today when women live together their cycles blend to occur at about the same time, even with artificial light interfering with our cycles. Because our bodily rythyms are governed by the Moon, all women ovulated on the Full Moon, where a big bright ova shined down on the earth from the sky, and all women menstruated on the dark or New Moon. All women were psychically and physically joined together! Imagine the power of that!

Well of course it terrified the men,so what was originally considered scred became taboo, although the word taboo itslef originally meant sacred. I think it was just twisted as thousands of years of Patriarchal and religious rule took over.

Young girls first onset of menstruation was an occassion to celebrate. The girl was set apart, some endured tests and physical hardships as an initiation into adulthood, and perhaps to prepare her for the work of eventually being able to give birth.

Menstrual blood must be re-imagined as a Holy, Sacred, Prescious Gift, not a curse, or something to be despised,or defiled.

It is what separates the men from the women. All PMS, like any other physical discomfort or disease, stems from the relationship we have to Spirit, to our bodies, emotions.
When we honour our periods as special times out, to allow ourselves to rest and renew as we shed our uterine linings like a snake sheds its' skin, we embody the life cycle mysteries, of birth, death, re-birth and transformation. Women are inherently living the life cycle, much more so than men.

Menstrual blood,like birthing blood is the only human blood that is shed naturally, not caused from physical harm, damage or injury and not linked to physical death. Therefore it it the Blood of Life. Many Feminists have lauded their menstrual blood, there is a Museum of Menstruation in New York, and many fabulous books out there as well.

Did you know where the phrase "rolling out the red carpet" which we think of as meaning special treatment honouring the famous or royalty comes from? Yes, you guessed it. The original "red carpet" was a special rug which menstruating women bled into and which was considered to be sacred, and therefore was rolled out for the same reasons that this custom has continued till today.

Orthodox Hebrew scripture actually states that women are closer to G-d/Goddess than men because they give birth, therefore are more like God/Goddess Itself. That's why the men have to pray so much.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »
Lol, I know.  My girlfriends and I laugh about this stuff all the time. I love the "amazing gift" I have been given that allows me to experience this "spectacular process" in harmony with the moon and the blessings of Gaia, creator of all things female.  ::)

Maybe if we all chip in, we can share one pattern for making the reusable moon blood nappies...  :D

And then,
as the Moon withdrew from sight
the women too withdrew from sight
At the Dark of the Moon
the women descended into Hera's temple
and that close-and-holy dark womb-place
tenderly swallowed them
For their time of wisdom and power was at hand
Their Dragon Time was at hand.

From a poem in Virgin, Mother, Crone: Myths and Mysteries of the Triple Goddess
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »
Some Interesting Customs and Traditions I came across:

• Indians of South American said all humans were made of "moon blood" in the beginning.
  • In Mesopotamia, the Great Goddess created people out of clay and infused them with her blood of life. She taught women to form clay dolls and smear them with menstrual blood. Adam translates as bloody clay.
  • In Hindu theory, as the Great Mother created the earth, solid matter coalesced into a clot with a crust. Women use this same method to produce new life.
  • The Greeks believed the wisdom of man or god was centered in his blood which came from his mother.
  • Egyptian pharaohs became divine by ingesting the blood of Isis called sa. Its hieroglyphic sign was the same as the sign of the vulva, a yonic loop like the one on the ankh.
  • From the 8th to the 11th centuries, Christian churches refused communion to menstruating women.
  • In ancient societies, menstrual blood carried authority, transmitting lineage of the clan or tribe.
  • Among the Ashanti, girl children are more prized than boys because a girl is the carrier of the blood.
  • Chinese sages called menstrual blood the essence of Mother Earth, the yin principle giving life to all things.
  • Some African tribes believed that menstrual blood kept in a covered pot for nine months had the power to turn itself into a baby.
  • Easter eggs, classic womb-symbols, were dyed red and laid on graves to strengthen the dead.
  • A born-again ceremony from Australia showed the Aborigines linked rebirth with blood of the womb.
  • Post-menopausal women were often the wisest because they retained their "wise blood." In the 17th century these old women were constantly persecuted for witch craft because their menstrual blood remained in their veins.
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2006, 11:01:49 PM »

dear jaga, can you please post on the general board in the next few minutes . . . i'm about to go to bed, and I'd like some entertainment before.  thank you.  :-*

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2006, 11:11:44 PM »
Our Blood Flows

Oh women, remember
Our blood flows in peaceful, natural cycles!
Our blood is not shed
In violence, revenge, or anger!
No Sacrifice, wound or injury
Causes our womb blood to flow!
We bleed!
But we do not die!
For our blood is the Blood of Life!
We,
The vessels of Creation!

poem by Donna Wilshire
from book "Virgin, Mother, Crone
"
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2006, 11:13:45 PM »
bunch of weirdos on here, lol

:-\

wierdos, ...or women?

remember your place... you.... non-bleeder!  >:(   ;)   :-*
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2006, 06:14:20 AM »
:-\

wierdos, ...or women?

remember your place... you.... non-bleeder!  >:(   ;)   :-*

That better be the lack of blood your have going on right now.  FEAR ME! lol

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2006, 09:57:53 AM »

dear jaga, can you please post on the general board in the next few minutes . . . i'm about to go to bed, and I'd like some entertainment before.  thank you.  :-*

I don't know A-G... it's starting to sound an awful lot like love.  :D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2006, 10:02:45 AM »
Hey DeeDee, I took your advice, and look what I found:

Actually Judi, I read a lot of that stuff and much of it is very interesting.  But why is all that info usually followed by ads for really ridiculous things like 100% polyester "Goddess Gowns" for only USD$26.00, or "Menstrual Reclaiming Kits"... how do you "re"claim your monthly menses  ??? Makes women appear stupid.  >:(

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »
Actually Judi, I read a lot of that stuff and much of it is very interesting.  But why is all that info usually followed by ads for really ridiculous things like 100% polyester "Goddess Gowns" for only USD$26.00, or "Menstrual Reclaiming Kits"... how do you "re"claim your monthly menses  ??? Makes women appear stupid.  >:(

It's probably the symbolism involved. By having a 'special' Goddess gown, we are more readily able to get into the proper mindset to give reverence to this divinely ordained state of being. It really could be anything.

It's like my gratitude stones. I try to count my blessing everyday. Pretty much everything in my life is a reminder of my blessings, however, we have a tendency to take things for granted. I have some very pretty rolled & polished gemological stones that I bought years ago from Geomania, a store that was under Holt's, that I use as gratitude stones. When I see them, they are a special reminder of all my blessings, ...and makes it much easier for me to get into the proper frame of mind.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2006, 10:28:17 PM »
Quick, ...somebody remind me of what a terrific, priviledge, and honour it is to be a woman.  :-[
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2006, 05:28:32 AM »
Quick, ...somebody remind me of what a terrific, priviledge, and honour it is to be a woman.  :-[

thanks for reminding me!  we are so funny.

is it that full moon thing again?  I've done it every 28-30 days for many years, I decided to attune myself to the moon so as i could work out when i was coming on.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2006, 05:30:27 AM »

Goodness, is that what they try to sell you in America.  No wonder we cramp.

x

{modification:   it was a man who wrote the ad for the poly goddess gown & the other one...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2006, 05:44:09 AM »
I don't know A-G... it's starting to sound an awful lot like love.  :D

now you've completely lost me.  does that mean Al-G has the hots for judi and deedee?

but thanks, I just posted elsewhere that the men ought to invite the women back to their board (and leave us alone here, 'specially when we have the painters in.

x

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2006, 05:45:55 AM »

Getbig IV

If you don't believe me, just ask me.

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2006, 09:57:53 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Al-Gebra on November 10, 2006, 11:01:49 PM

dear jaga, can you please post on the general board in the next few minutes . . . i'm about to go to bed, and I'd like some entertainment before.  thank you.  Kiss

I don't know A-G... it's starting to sound an awful lot like love.  Cheesy

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2006, 07:08:01 AM »
Nah man, think amorous times twenty!

edited  :)

can I get one of these red edited smiley faces next time my post gets deleted?  please?

I thought men liked our periods because they just get blow jobs instead.

etc
xL

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2006, 10:50:54 AM »
:o

........actually I am one to help with the PMS issue.  I think everyman needs his redwings.

;D

You must serve, or have served, in the military.  :P

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2006, 10:56:46 AM »
Those who serve........ in the military, hold a special place in our hearts!

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2006, 11:14:42 AM »
Yes, I love serving................. ..........

Ahhh...I've taught you well  ;D

Now can you get me a glass of water please? lmao

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2006, 12:10:10 PM »
Mumbles something about giving you something with the glass of water

How rude! lol