Author Topic: AHhhnold Spousal Abuse  (Read 17454 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: AHhhnold Spousal Abuse
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2006, 03:13:46 PM »
Weak minds feel the need to disprove god. 

Many of the stongest minds in history can fathom a single deity that could be godlike. 

You are assuming god is a man. 

Disprove God? there is NO god to disprove thats like saying weak minds feel the need to disprove the easter bunny , its evident to any free thinking person that there is NO god(s)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »
Adonis, i see where you are coming from. Voltaire was once quoted as saying "[Christianity] is assuredly the most ridiculous, the most absurd and the most bloody religion which has ever infected this world". I believe organized religion is evil in many cases and causes more harm the good. Catholics probably being the most guilty and responsible for murder and corruption but do you not find it strange that the sharpest minds of human history had belief of God? Voltaire, Einstein, and Aristotle? As Voltaire once said if God doesn't exist then it is neccesary we create him.

Einstein was an Athiest. He was VERY upset when stated otherwise.

From a correspondence between Ensign Guy H. Raner and Albert Einstein in 1945 and 1949. Einstein responds to the accusation that he was converted by a Jesuit priest: "I have never talked to a Jesuit prest in my life. I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist." "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one.You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from religious indoctrination received in youth." Freethought Today, November 2004

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The

From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, published by Princeton University Press. Albert Einstein, Out of My Later Years (New York: Philosophical Library, 1950), p. 27.

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world... The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old conception of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes... In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vase power in the hands of priests." Albert Einstein, reported in Science, Philosophy and Religion: A Symposium, edited by L. Bryson and

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true....Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." The Quotable Einstein

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2006, 03:43:32 PM »
Where did you get this from? there is a theory called the Big Crunch which states that the universe will reach a point where it will begin to contract to the point of where it started again the big bang , scientists theorize that this might be the first of an infinite number of expanasions and contractions or it may be just another in the series of billions , but we don't have to worry about that seeing our Sun will run out of fuel long before this supposedly  happens.

Our star, as we know it now will run out of fuel.  The fuel is still there.  It will re-form. 
Human's can't understand things on that scale.  Our minds are remarkable, but the human mind is very limited.  We can't even truly fathom what a billion dollar is. 
How are we expected to grasp molecules, atoms, their substructures, their substructures, and probably even THEIR substructures? 
Or how are we expected to fathom the universe?  Our galaxy is beyond our comprehension.  There are billions of galaxies in the universe.  We can't grasp the size of our galaxy, and we can't grasp the concept of a billion. 

To us, the possibility of many universes exploding, imploding, and repeating many times is just out of the question.

Many religions use the phrase "how did humans get here without god?"  "Do you think that we just sprang up from a few molecules?"

If you can understand that there are billions of galaxies in the universe, and that atoms make up the matter in that universe.  You can't even begin to appreciate how many quarks there are to make up those atoms to make those galaxies in the universe. 

The plausability that humans "sprang up" in our present form is an easily grasped possibility when you understand the insane number the above statment would be. 
The chance that humans just came to be from some molecules is very possible when considering the size, and age of the universe.
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »
Disprove God? there is NO god to disprove thats like saying weak minds feel the need to disprove the easter bunny , its evident to any free thinking person that there is NO god(s)

What is your definition of god?
It is very easy to believe there is or isn't a god depending on your definition. 

Single deity, human looking, sitting on a cloud?  Sure, that's tough to believe. 

Unknown mass of non-matter that can create and destroy matter?  explain how that isn't possible. 
Y

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2006, 03:47:41 PM »

From a correspondence between Ensign Guy H. Raner and Albert Einstein in 1945 and 1949. Einstein responds to the accusation that he was converted by a Jesuit priest: "I have never talked to a Jesuit prest in my life. I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist." "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one.You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from religious indoctrination received in youth." Freethought Today, November 2004

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The

From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, published by Princeton University Press. Albert Einstein, Out of My Later Years (New York: Philosophical Library, 1950), p. 27.

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world... The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old conception of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes... In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vase power in the hands of priests." Albert Einstein, reported in Science, Philosophy and Religion: A Symposium, edited by L. Bryson and

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true....Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." The Quotable Einstein

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

That explains why I don't really like Einstein
I am a mini beast

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2006, 03:51:41 PM »

Nope, not quite.  According to what you posted, he was agnostic.  Agnostics are pragmatic about the God question; they regard it as unknowable and, in effect, ignore or side-step the question altogether. 

Atheists are rather different.  They actively deny the existence of God/gods/whatever.  The more intelligent atheists are apt to call higher powers unnecessary or extraneous terms (a'la Ockham/Occam's Razor).

Read the quote about Einy's atheism again.  Pay special attention to the context in which he talks about atheism.  "From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest [Einstein was] ... and [had] always been an atheist." 

But remember, he already said he'd definitely not "always been an atheist."  He did, after all, come " ... to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12." 

Einstein probably realized that, as far as priests are concerned, most are too narrow-minded to care about the distinctions between agnositicism and atheism.  It was the same with my best friend in the 8th grade.  As soon as she found out I wasn't Southern Baptist, I might as well've been hellspawn :)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2006, 03:51:55 PM »
Somebody explain how molecules created humans?
just push some weight!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »
Somebody explain how molecules created humans?

What the fuck are we made of?
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:12 PM »
Our star, as we know it now will run out of fuel.  The fuel is still there.  It will re-form. 
Human's can't understand things on that scale.  Our minds are remarkable, but the human mind is very limited.  We can't even truly fathom what a billion dollar is. 
How are we expected to grasp molecules, atoms, their substructures, their substructures, and probably even THEIR substructures. 
Or how are we expected to fathom the universe.  Our galaxy is beyond our comprehension.  There are billions of galaxies in the universe.  We can't grasp the size of our galaxy, and we can't grasp the concept of a billion. 

To us, the possibility of many universes exploding, imploding, and repeating many times is just out of the question.

Many religions use the phrase "how did humans get here without god?"  "Do you think that we just sprang up from a few molecules?"

If you can understand that there are billions of galaxies in the universe, and that atoms make up the matter in that universe.  You can't even begin to appreciate how many quarks there are to make up those atoms to make those galaxies in the universe. 

The plausability that humans "sprang up" in our present form is an easily grasped possibility when you understand the insane number the above statment would be. 
The chance that humans just came to be from some molecules is very possible when considering the size, and age of the universe.

Again you never stated where you got those claims from , anyway I'm not sure the point you're making but it reminds me of Richard Feynmans comment on quantum physics " if you think you know quantum theory , you don't know quantum theory. " 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »
What the f**k are we made of?

So mulecules start f**king each other and created a baby human?
just push some weight!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »
Again you never stated where you got those claims from , anyway I'm not sure the point you're making but it reminds me of Richard Feynmans comment on quantum physics " if you think you know quantum theory , you don't know quantum theory. " 

Got those claims from my own reading.  I didn't get them from anywhere.  
No one can understand quantum theory.  I've come to decide that it is all a big farce a few people with some big brains made up to watch people read.....and then laugh.  

Theories on things the human mind can't grasp is a true paradox.  How can we make truths on things we can't understand?  

It's very easy for some of the world's brightest to talk over our heads.  
Most humans have an IQ of around 100.  Having an IQ of 70 makes you retarded.  Can a retard understand what you say?  Not really.  
That is only a 30 point difference.  

What would happen if someone with a 170 IQ tried to talk down to a normal person?  It would be very easy.

Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?  
He stayed up all night wondering if there really was a Dog.....
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2006, 03:58:13 PM »
It is very easy to believe there is or isn't a god depending on your definition. 

Single deity, human looking, sitting on a cloud?  Sure, that's tough to believe. 

Unknown mass of non-matter that can create and destroy matter?  explain how that isn't possible. 

Well God in the convential context , Omiscient , Omnipotent , etc , and I think you're referring what Einstein ' believed ' in like the Spinoza God who reveals himself through the ordely harmony of nature , but any beleif in a supernatural God is laughable .

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2006, 03:59:28 PM »

I'm dissapointed Alexxxxxx.
I thought you would be on here explaining how you're god. 

You're losing your touch. 

Perhaps you should be blow drying your pompadour instead?
Y

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »

Doison, I respect your position.  But hon, asking atheists to disprove his existence is hardly logical.  You've got to realize that no one can prove -- as in rationally, empirically -- God exists.  

No.  He's an article of faith which, IMNSHO, is what's most remarkable about intelligent religious modernists.  They know it goes against everything their senses tell them; but in spite of that, they continue to believe.  

Some people call that weak, which is itself illogical.  It can be.  It can be quite the opposite, too.  But then, I'm not about to argue with anyone who draws strength from something that doesn't hurt me.    

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »
Got those claims from my own reading.  I didn't get them from anywhere. 
No one can understand quantum theory.  I've come to decide that it is all a big farce a few people with some big brains made up to watch people read.....and then laugh. 

Theories on things the human mind can't grasp is a true paradox.  How can we make truths on things we can't understand? 

It's very easy for some of the world's brightest to talk over our heads. 
Most humans have an IQ of around 100.  Having an IQ of 70 makes you retarded.  Can a retard understand what you say?  Not really. 
That is only a 30 point difference. 

What would happen if someone with a 170 IQ tried to talk down to a normal person?  It would be very easy.

I think you're leaning towards philosophy with your veiws and nothing wrong with that , but science while not being 100% true because again nothing can be 100% true is about as true as it gets as true as we can comprehend and the best part is science is proven wrong and we learn even more , it may not be perfect but its the best we have.

That was funny !!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2006, 04:02:50 PM »
I'm dissapointed Alexxxxxx.
I thought you would be on here explaining how you're god. 

You're losing your touch. 

Perhaps you should be blow drying your pompadour instead?

I would never make that claim.

just push some weight!

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2006, 04:03:08 PM »
all religions are bs.... mans way of explaining the unknown. we laugh at mythology how they used to worship zeus and these other make believe gods to explain things they didnt understand. how about muslims, christians or jews? we are any better?? also what makes any one religion right?? becuase of how you are raised in a certain location and it is of family tradition to believe in that religion? religion is all bs.
real men= no rubbers

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2006, 04:08:22 PM »
I think you're leaning towards philosophy with your veiws and nothing wrong with that , but science while not being 100% true because again nothing can be 100% true is about as true as it gets as true as we can comprehend and the best part is science is proven wrong and we learn even more , it may not be perfect but its the best we have.

That was funny !!

Ouch....
I truly dislike philosophy, so I'm deeply sorry.  Do I have to go watch Blade Runner now, and write a paper on whether or not computers can ever be human? 

Science isn't truth though.  Science is not fact.  It is entirely based on theories that can never truly be fact.  Our Science based "facts" today are very very different than our science based "facts" of even 50 years ago. 

We're talking about god, and the creation of this universe 12 billion years ago.  Facts that can be proven wrong in a few years is hardly a "truth."
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
Doison, I respect your position.  But hon, asking atheists to disprove his existence is hardly logical.  You've got to realize that no one can prove -- as in rationally, empirically -- God exists. 

No.  He's an article of faith which, IMNSHO, is what's most remarkable about intelligent religious modernists.  They know it goes against everything their senses tell them; but in spite of that, they continue to believe. 

Some people call that weak, which is itself illogical.  It can be.  It can be quite the opposite, too.  But then, I'm not about to argue with anyone who draws strength from something that doesn't hurt me.   

No.  He's an article of faith which, IMNSHO, is what's most remarkable about intelligent religious modernists.  They know it goes against everything their senses tell them; but in spite of that, they continue to believe.

Richard Dawkins addresses this in his book the God Delusion , when people are forced into the religion of their parennts at a young age it tends to stay with them for life , this would explain why they can't shake religion because its been beat into them for years & years , when their mind is most vulnerable , the Jesuits had a saying " give me a child until the age of 5 and I'll give you the man "

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
Energy is neither created nor destroyed. 

Energy is infinite.  To best explain infinity, start counting numbers until you get to the last one.

It's not infinite.  That's saying it can't be measured, but the E of the universe can be.  

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/980211b.html

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
Doison, I respect your position.  But hon, asking atheists to disprove his existence is hardly logical.  You've got to realize that no one can prove -- as in rationally, empirically -- God exists.  

No.  He's an article of faith which, IMNSHO, is what's most remarkable about intelligent religious modernists.  They know it goes against everything their senses tell them; but in spite of that, they continue to believe.  

Some people call that weak, which is itself illogical.  It can be.  It can be quite the opposite, too.  But then, I'm not about to argue with anyone who draws strength from something that doesn't hurt me.    

Well, since you called me hon.....I guess I'll reply.  
A put down, thinly veiled as something other than such certainly requires a reply.  

Truthfully, talk on God is boring.  
Theology is really the initial stepping ground to deep discussion.  

Anyone who has spent a few hours reading some books, and decides they are now "smarter than the average bear" feels the need to puke their drivel on whether or not there is a god.  

It's like when someone posts on a message board that "so and so got busted for roids."
50 people come out of the woodwork with "Bastards!  Why can't they focus on REAL problems?" or "money well spent!  Some crack head is out robbing a store, and this guy is getting busted!"

It just gets old after a while.  

Didn't say it wasn't still fun though......so I'm not leaving this thread just yet.
Y

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »
Richard Dawkins addresses this in his book the God Delusion , when people are forced into the religion of their parennts at a young age it tends to stay with them for life , this would explain why they can't shake religion because its been beat into them for years & years , when their mind is most vulnerable , the Jesuits had a saying " give me a child until the age of 5 and I'll give you the man "

Definitely.  

That's a little different than what I had in mind, though.  I was thinking of people who came to "faith" sans extensive indoctrination (specifically, people who knew it was irrational but, for various reasons, decided to believe anyway).

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
Well, since you called me hon.....I guess I'll reply.  
A put down, thinly veiled as something other than such certainly requires a reply.

I'm not putting you down! 

At least, I certainly didn't intend to.  I'm a lot of things, but I learned from an early age to mean exactly what I say.

I'm sorry :(  I think you misread me somehow. 

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2006, 04:21:40 PM »
Alex... we are star dust. All we are is a combination of elements of the periodic table made in the right order. I believe lighting caused the first begining of life. I also believe in incorperating science and the belief of God because im not capable of understanding something just existing with no begining. How the fuck does energy just exist. Everything in my belief is finite and if it is finite then it has a begining and an end and it had to be created. Just because you believe in God doesn't make your dumb.... hell we are all ignorant on how the universe works. I agree that organized religion has done more harm to this earth then any other one thing; it has killed more people then we can count, but the fact is you cannot deny the existance of something that seems apparent. Something can't be made from nothing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »

Ouch....
I truly dislike philosophy, so I'm deeply sorry.  Do I have to go watch Blade Runner now, and write a paper on whether or not computers can ever be human? 

Science isn't truth though.  Science is not fact.  It is entirely based on theories that can never truly be fact.  Our Science based "facts" today are very very different than our science based "facts" of even 50 years ago. 

We're talking about god, and the creation of this universe 12 billion years ago.  Facts that can be proven wrong in a few years is hardly a "truth."

Science is truth , its not 100% because the variables but its as true as the word true can be , and sure some theories have been proven wrong but guess by who? scientists we are constantly learning , updating and discovering , so while its may not always be right its the best we have.

And are we talking about " god " God in the traditional sense of the word , super natural God of the Judeo/Christian/Muslim belief , I'm under the assumption we believe in something else and thats fine by me , but if you're claiming another ' type ' of creator etc like what the Deists believed or something else I'm curious as to what you mean by " God "