Author Topic: Crimes of Passion  (Read 6767 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Crimes of Passion
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »
I think I read someplace that that's forgiveable in France?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: Crimes of Passion
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »
I think it went the way of droit de cuissage a long time ago...

edit: Some particular reason you're asking? Paul?  :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »
give me your gun

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »
give me your gun

Is that a yes?  :P

Do crimes of passion include knocking women down at the July Harrods sale in the shoe department?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

Do crimes of passion include knocking women down at the July Harrods sale in the shoe department?

I thought this was another Craig and Kelly post for a sec  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 10:23:47 PM »

No Deedee, ...that's to be expected, and it's perfectly legitimate conduct.
If one is stupid enough to stand between a woman and a great shoe sale,
...then they deserve to get knocked around a bit. It's like standing between a woman and her chocolate.

ps - If they were Jimmy Choo's, ...then biting, hair pulling, and bitch slapping is also perfectly acceptable too. :D
w

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 09:52:15 AM »
No Deedee, ...that's to be expected, and it's perfectly legitimate conduct.
If one is stupid enough to stand between a woman and a great shoe sale,
...then they deserve to get knocked around a bit. It's like standing between a woman and her chocolate.

ps - If they were Jimmy Choo's, ...then biting, hair pulling, and bitch slapping is also perfectly acceptable too. :D
Call me the next time you girls go to Laura Secord and i'll bring my cam corder :)

PB

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »
Call me the next time you girls go to Laura Secord and i'll bring my cam corder :)

PB

do I get invited?

I'll bring my baseball bat

xL
thanks for making me laugh

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 12:15:23 PM »
Hey DeeDee, wanna hit Holts next month? ...they have a Laura Secord in the basement,
...and we can invite Linda and her baseball bat, and Playboy ...who'll even film the whole thing?  :D
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 12:28:42 PM »
thanks jag, for saying i may come.

it's another funny story.  I left Toronto 15 years ago.  & I lived there for that long.
For some reason, I've never been back.

I've been back to NY and back to all the other places I ever lived.  But I've never made it back to TO.  It's a funny place.

I used to bonk the windowdresser at Holt Renfrew.

xL

I've googled a couple of old friends and some are still there.  pity.  I will get back in touch, perhaps, on the internet, but I'll scare them shitless with my verbosity. 

I'd love to drop Toronto names...  Is Moses Znaimer still alive?

How about Babs Amiel> she's now famous, when I met her 20 years ago she was pretending to be a dyke.

kisses etc.
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »

We don't have this story in England.

could someone please do me this sad tale in a nutshell?  I've nearly got the gist of it.  She died.  One of them is in prison in England?  Fill me in please?  I'm curious

Thanks...
xL

(but as far as I can tell, I reckon this is a nasty drugs and violence mess?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »
thanks jag, for saying i may come.

it's another funny story.  I left Toronto 15 years ago.  & I lived there for that long.
For some reason, I've never been back.

I've been back to NY and back to all the other places I ever lived.  But I've never made it back to TO.  It's a funny place.

I used to bonk the windowdresser at Holt Renfrew.

xL

:o

I've googled a couple of old friends and some are still there.  pity.  I will get back in touch, perhaps, on the internet, but I'll scare them shitless with my verbosity. 

you'll get no comment from me on that one. I'm the last person to mention verbosity.  ;)

I'd love to drop Toronto names...  Is Moses Znaimer still alive?

As far as I know Moses is still alive, but he's no longer at the helm of his empire. I heard he got forced out in a nasty take-over. He was however compensated rather nicely though. I don't know what Marilyn is up to, ...I haven't heard much about her these days. They may be still in Toronto, or maybe back in Montreal. {shrug} And now that Alan Waters has passed, a huge chunk of the former empire has been sold off to BCE Group I think. We are steadily on the path of vertical integration and media conglomeration this side of the 49th as well.  :-\ They say they'll maintain the independence and avant garde nature, ...but I can already see a change.  :-\ what can you do?

How about Babs Amiel> she's now famous, when I met her 20 years ago she was pretending to be a dyke.

kisses etc.
Linda

Never knew Barbara. Don't know what she's up to these days.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 06:38:46 AM »

Why would you think that. There is already a whole board devoted to their sad and sordid tale  ???

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 06:47:25 AM »
Hey DeeDee, wanna hit Holts next month? ...they have a Laura Secord in the basement,
...and we can invite Linda and her baseball bat, and Playboy ...who'll even film the whole thing?  :D

You know, it's actually doable. I've never been filmed shopping/knocking down women before. Is it sort of like visual training for sports? Where the coach films you and then you analyse it so you can improve your performance... ;D

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 08:33:45 AM »
Why would you think that. There is already a whole board devoted to their sad and sordid tale  ???

yep thanks.  that's how come I asked.  i haven't got time to read the thing.  I need it in one paragraph. 

It's not news here and I'd like to find out.  Quickly

with love,
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 08:37:16 AM »
You know, it's actually doable. I've never been filmed shopping/knocking down women before. Is it sort of like visual training for sports? Where the coach films you and then you analyse it so you can improve your performance... ;D

surely they have cctv cameras on bloor street?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 09:30:11 AM »

A friend of mine used to take candid shots of me while powershopping all the time. After a while, you forget the camera is snapping away (at least if you're doing it right)  ;D, ...but just make sure whoever is filming turns off the camera when you approach a bank or ATM machine, or you'll get swarmed with security guards. They get real sensitive about cameras anywhere near banks or bank machines.  :-\
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 12:29:50 PM »
:o

you'll get no comment from me on that one. I'm the last person to mention verbosity.  ;)

As far as I know Moses is still alive, but he's no longer at the helm of his empire. I heard he got forced out in a nasty take-over. He was however compensated rather nicely though. I don't know what Marilyn is up to, ...I haven't heard much about her these days. They may be still in Toronto, or maybe back in Montreal. {shrug} And now that Alan Waters has passed, a huge chunk of the former empire has been sold off to BCE Group I think. We are steadily on the path of vertical integration and media conglomeration this side of the 49th as well.  :-\ They say they'll maintain the independence and avant garde nature, ...but I can already see a change.  :-\ what can you do?

Never knew Barbara. Don't know what she's up to these days.

thanks so much for filling me in on the internet.  I have one real friend left from TO and he lives in Richmond Hill and works abroad so I get so little news.  Perhaps I don't want to know.  Don't know.  Sandy Stagg lives nearly next door here and I fell out with her two years ago.  I've been meaning to get back in touch.

Moses probably retired with lots of dosh.  I so hope he didn't get booted out and loose everything.  Ms. Lightstone was a front.  He bonked everyone I know, including some men (sorry for indiscretion here on the internet.

BUt wow is he funny.  I have some amazing photos...  New Years etc.

He tried some years ago here to set up another channel (we only have 4) and lost the tender, big time.  I'd meant to write to him at the time, explaining that I speak both American and English.  I could translate. 

I lost a job at CityTV in my youth.  It was when they were moving from 999 Queen to some lovely new building.  It was like Mrs. PR.  That's the job title.  It was a corner office with a view for cert.  But some dippy chick at reception put my cv in the bin. 

I saw him later at a Festival party and he apologised and asked me to go home with him.  I said Fuck that job.

...Lady Black (aka B Amiel) is probably laughing out loud.  She married Conrad and now has his millions and all she has to do is visit him in prison.
xL

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »

thanks so much for filling me in on the internet.  I have one real friend left from TO and he lives in Richmond Hill and works abroad so I get so little news.  Perhaps I don't want to know.  Don't know.  Sandy Stagg lives nearly next door here and I fell out with her two years ago.  I've been meaning to get back in touch.

Moses probably retired with lots of dosh.  I so hope he didn't get booted out and loose everything.

Considering it was his vision that built & guided the organization for years, ...that would have been sad. He didn't leave on good terms. He was forced out. 

Ms. Lightstone was a front.  He bonked everyone I know, including some men (sorry for indiscretion here on the internet.

No comment

BUt wow is he funny.  I have some amazing photos...  New Years etc.

He did throw great parties.  :D Every year during his annual festival schmooze party, the real schmooze was always upstairs. {lol} He had one of the best office's though didn't he? I remember one year Terry David Mulligan flew in from Vancouver, and we were all up there getting sloshed with Jeanne Becker scoping out the rest of the party on all the different TV screens. With all the camera men and all the screens, we could see every angle and every nook & cranny of the entire party the entire time.

He tried some years ago here to set up another channel (we only have 4) and lost the tender, big time.  I'd meant to write to him at the time, explaining that I speak both American and English.  I could translate. 

I lost a job at CityTV in my youth.  It was when they were moving from 999 Queen to some lovely new building.  It was like Mrs. PR.  That's the job title.  It was a corner office with a view for cert.  But some dippy chick at reception put my cv in the bin.

umm Linda, I think 999 Queen was the mental hospital  :-X.

It's funny that you call it the new building. {lol} You must have been away from Toronto for a while. They've been at the Queen & John building for years now, but ya it's a great location.   

I saw him later at a Festival party and he apologised and asked me to go home with him.  I said f**k that job.

no comment

...Lady Black (aka B Amiel) is probably laughing out loud.  She married Conrad and now has his millions and all she has to do is visit him in prison.
xL

I doubt she has it that cushy. I heard the Chicago courts are looking to get upwards of $85 million from him. Ever since he gave up his Canadian citizenship in order to accept the knighthood & title from Queen Elizabeth, the newspapers have been rather cool towards him. Ever since the indictment, all the pent up resentment has been pouring out and they've really turned on him. There was a rather nasty article trashing him and seemingly gloating about his troubles. It was very belittling, and the writer seemed to take a very mean spirited almost gleeful joy in reporting on how he has fallen on such hard times, he's been reduced to hitting up his friends asking them to loan him $1 million dollars. To add insult to injury, ...the article appeared in one of his former newspapers.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 02:57:13 PM »
Considering it was his vision that built & guided the organization for years, ...that would have been sad. He didn't leave on good terms. He was forced out. 

No comment  No hang on, he owned the whole mess didn't he?  He surely did well and ducked out?  I'm upset to hear he got overthrown.

He did throw great parties.  :

yep

party, the real schmooze was always upstairs. {lol}

always on the very top floor.  I was the one at one point who had to go fetch the coke.   only kidding.  the cocaine was for the visiting celebrities.  He just smoked grass.
\

He had one of the best office's though didn't he? I remember one

umm Linda, I think 999 Queen was the mental hospital  :-X.

yep. it was, but they did it up and he turned it into CityTV

re Babs:

I doubt she has it that cushy. But I reckon she's cushier than she ever dreamed.  I knew her when she was a simple teenager like me.  She married well and wrote kinda well.  They were gonna get Conrad sooner or later.  She got him beforehand.

maybe he'll die in jail.  I'm not actually completely sure what he's guilty of, but they managed to even hobnob with the Lords and Ladies in England.  He was a Rupert Murdoch or a Robert Maxell, no?

You see, Canadian news doesn't travel, for some reason.  I crave it, but no one in the States or England really knows where Canada is.

I'm thinking of doing a crime of passion.  I'm going to beg borrow or steal enough money to fly to Vancouver Island and go sleep on the bench they built for my sad Dad.  I'm kidding, but it's true.   I could get to Campbell River and go visit the bench.  I didn't get invited to my father's funeral.  His new wife got all the dosh.

Is that a crime of passion?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 11:24:10 PM »
No hang on, he owned the whole mess didn't he? 

He did at first, ...but you can't expand at the rate he was going without backing. ChumCity had a huge interest. He was however the boy wonder behind so much of the ground breaking original shows and ideas there. But he certainly had a darned good run tho.

He surely did well and ducked out?  I'm upset to hear he got overthrown.

Let's hope so, ...but for Moses, I don't think it was the money. btw - does JS mean anything to you?

always on the very top floor.  I was the one at one point who had to go fetch the coke.   only kidding.  the cocaine was for the visiting celebrities.  He just smoked grass.

no comment

yep. it was, but they did it up and he turned it into CityTV

Actually, I believe the hospital is still there. They just changed the street # from 999 to 1001.
The old digs were on Queen East, now they're on Queen West.

re Babs:
But I reckon she's cushier than she ever dreamed.

{smile}  perhaps. But it has been a long time since she has experienced any kind of financial difficulty. Sometime when you're that wealthy, you forget what it's like to lack. Not having a couple million sitting around when you need it can be traumatic for you.

I knew her when she was a simple teenager like me.  She married well and wrote kinda well.  They were gonna get Conrad sooner or later.  She got him beforehand.

{smile}

maybe he'll die in jail.

I doubt it. 

I'm not actually completely sure what he's guilty of, but they managed to even hobnob with the Lords and Ladies in England.  He was a Rupert Murdoch or a Robert Maxell, no?

I believe the charges levied against him are numerous counts of felony tax evasion in connection with his sale of the Chicago Sun Times, as well as numerous counts of embezzlement etc. A while back he tried to make a deal with the prosecutors to appear at a court hearing on condition that he would not be imprisoned upon entering the US. He got no such guarantees.

You see, Canadian news doesn't travel, for some reason.  I crave it, but no one in the States or England really knows where Canada is.

Sometimes that can be a good thing  ;)

I'm thinking of doing a crime of passion.  I'm going to beg borrow or steal enough money to fly to Vancouver Island and go sleep on the bench they built for my sad Dad.  I'm kidding, but it's true.   I could get to Campbell River and go visit the bench.  I didn't get invited to my father's funeral.  His new wife got all the dosh.

Is that a crime of passion?

ummm... I don't think it qualifies.  :-\
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 06:20:40 PM »
does JS mean anything to you?

no comment

Actually, I believe the hospital is still there. They just changed the street # from 999 to 1001.
The old digs were on Queen East, now they're on Queen West.

{smile}  perhaps. But it has been a long time since she has experienced any kind of financial difficulty. Sometime when you're that wealthy, you forget what it's like to lack. Not having a couple million sitting around when you need it can be traumatic for you.

{smile}

I doubt it. 

I believe the charges levied against him are numerous counts of felony tax evasion in connection with his sale of the Chicago Sun Times, as well as numerous counts of embezzlement etc. A while back he tried to make a deal with the prosecutors to appear at a court hearing on condition that he would not be imprisoned upon entering the US. He got no such guarantees.

Sometimes that can be a good thing  ;)

ummm... I don't think it qualifies.  :-\

i don't know am i still in your quote box?  I'm so extremely upset about this.  I'm not sure shy .   I only lived in TO for 20 years.  I thought Moses rocked.  Instead he gets done for tax shit.  Thanks for telling me.  I'm sure if If'd I'd known how to I would've googled it.  intstead i didn't know.  it so upsets me.  that man worked so hard for so long then gets voted outta his own?

sorry, that's an only in America joke?
xL

i guess it happens all the time and he will reinvent or reincarnate later?
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 06:24:18 PM »
i cannot take in yet all of your posts re: crimes.....

I'm just about almost maybe kindof sortof getting to grips with the last one
waaaa

people upset me

xxx

etc

Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 06:31:08 PM »
[/quote

we could sell it (take it out and sell it)

the bbc maybe would buy it.  Reality TV.
I hate it myself

ps:  that's how come I didn't get the job with Moses.  I told him i didn't watch much tv, just news (hello, linda, this is an interview at a tv station:  I so blew it:  you gotta first say i love tv....

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 06:43:23 PM »
soo sorrrry, my words are coming up in everyone else' quote boxes.  I do not still know how to work this key board.   I still know how to do big writing and colours:

Anyone wanna post a story about near death or a gun or something:  We're not talking about everyone I ever knew, we are talking about

:your crimes of passion: like better than trashing all his clothes or throwing red paint on his black BMW?