Author Topic: What is real beauty?  (Read 27281 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What is real beauty?
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2006, 07:06:58 PM »
No I think you did.

Nuh-uh.

She said we can't comment on someone unless we can be held up to the same standard.

Nope, ...wasn't saying that.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2006, 07:08:35 PM »
Jag's point being a man can't comment on an actress's appearance on the women's board because she doesn't agree? Um, no!

Nope, ...wasn't saying that either.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2006, 07:11:07 PM »
Sorry, I don't follow.  A man making a comment on the women's board about an actress is verboten if Judi disagrees with the comment because it makes her "uncomfortable."  Is that the point?

Nope. That wasn't it either.
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2006, 07:12:45 PM »
lol.  damn it jags, whatthe hell did you mean!  :-*

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2006, 07:23:50 PM »
Migs, ...I guess this is just one of those things that we have to chalk up under:

"If I have to explain it to you, ...you wouldn't understand it at all"

This is just one of those either you get it or you don't, ...and it's pretty obvious, that some people just don't get it.   :'(

I just wish I had been around today so I could have clarified things before AS & OS got into it.

Stupid text medium! It's so open to misinterpretation... which then makes people get all upset & defensive when they have nothing to defend against. {sigh}

ps - I'm just ticked 'cause STella didn't save me any muffins.  :'(
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2006, 07:25:05 PM »
actually i didnt really keep up with it or anything.  i was just hoping to get the clift notes version, lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2006, 07:29:41 PM »
Cliff Notes:

Problems develop when people are more concerned about being right, than they are about finding common ground. 
w

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2006, 07:32:40 PM »
Confusious Says "Common ground" could be be considered beautiful when it is two adversaries who are reaching it.             
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »
where have you been dude?

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2006, 07:40:25 PM »
Holy Crap! There's been a YMBL sighting! :o
BKS approved

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2006, 07:45:18 PM »
LOL.  Working my ass off mostly.  Been hitting a lot of haunted houses and stuff too.  Tis the season :)

BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2006, 07:45:41 PM »
he's like the Yeti.  we need a snare, a gilly suit, an old camamra with grainy film, and some beef jerky.  STAT!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »
LOL.  Working my ass off mostly.  Been hitting a lot of haunted houses and stuff too.  Tis the season :)

cool.  I havent been to a haunted house in forever.  damn i need to get out, lol

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »
Been to a few already.  Pretty insane stuff in one of them.  The haunt was more like being the fly on the wall in different scenes.  Torture, house break ins, locked in the dark, etc.  Not supernatural ghost things.  The others have been the usual fun house and or haunted house and maze stuff.  These are great things to do with your girl.  It's a fun nite out.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2006, 07:56:38 PM »
Good stuff! Last thing I was at was a haunted hayride - lol! I love getting scared, watching scary movies, all of it! I'm weird like that :-\
BKS approved

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2006, 08:07:12 PM »
yeah i need to scope them out this year.  might be fun

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »
Nope, ...wasn't saying that either.

I know you weren't. I was just trying to get clarification on what someone else meant. Anyway, it doesn't matter. This thread sure took a sharp left somewhere into outer space. I was just making a point about the reality of beauty and how much of a lie the advertising industry promotes. Maybe I should stick to fluff.  :P

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »
there used to be a video floating around about how they mathematically assessed beauty and then made a program to make the perfect face (according to studies and measuremnts) it was very interesting.  The media promotes false ideals, however it is the people that buy into it that are to blame.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2006, 08:51:42 PM »
I know you weren't. I was just trying to get clarification on what someone else meant. Anyway, it doesn't matter. This thread sure took a sharp left somewhere into outer space. I was just making a point about the reality of beauty and how much of a lie the advertising industry promotes. Maybe I should stick to fluff.  :P

Fluff is for fluffers.  >:(

I think this was a fabulous topic especially for this board, ...and I commend you for having started it.  :)

ps - Glad to know you're not a Martian.  ;)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2006, 09:03:19 PM »
there used to be a video floating around about how they mathematically assessed beauty and then made a program to make the perfect face (according to studies and measuremnts) it was very interesting.

There have been a few. I remember seeing one with Paulina Porizkova years ago, and the contempt that seemed to be oozing out of her was palpable. She was like "This..." she said {gesturing to her face} "...this is nothing. It's only mathematics. IT MEANS NOTHING!"

The commentator then included the comment that Paulina must have been very sincere when she said that, ...then the documentary cut to a shot of Paulina and her new husband ...Rick Ocasek of the Cars.

The media promotes false ideals, however it is the people that buy into it that are to blame.

People who "buy into it" are manipulated beyond even their own comprehension.
It's mainly North Americans tho, the same BS exists in Europe, ...but not to the same extent as it does here.
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2006, 09:08:46 PM »
but people canchabge the ideals.  i dont buy into the hype of all the shit the media throws out there when it comes to beauty.  Maybe my mentality is slightly different since i grew up in a more european  houshold.  it's late im rambling and nothing good can come from that, lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2006, 10:42:45 PM »
{LOL} Oh ya, ...I believe ya. Your avatar even supports that claim too.  :P
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2006, 06:40:47 AM »
my avatar i ssupporting fitness, see she is running.  I don't know what else could be construed from my avatar.  I'm promoting a healthy lifestyle of exercise.   ;D

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2006, 07:22:16 AM »
but people canchabge the ideals.  i dont buy into the hype of all the shit the media throws out there when it comes to beauty.  Maybe my mentality is slightly different since i grew up in a more european  houshold.  it's late im rambling and nothing good can come from that, lol

Ideals like those are what pays my bills.

I'm not ready for a change, maybe when I outgrow it, but not today.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »
Ideals like those are what pays my bills.

I'm not ready for a change, maybe when I outgrow it, but not today.

{LOL} It's quite the dichotomy isn't it? On the one hand, you kind of want them to think like that,
...but at the same time, the more they do, ...the less you respect them or are flattered that they do.

You meet a guy, and he's falling all over himself over your 'beauty', ...but that's ALL he can see,
...so you're ready to toss him to the curb in 2 seconds flat. Kind of like when you meet what you think is a really cool guy, ...then he asks for your autograph, ...and you're just immediately turned off.   :-\
w