Author Topic: Wall Sits  (Read 3288 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Wall Sits
« on: October 26, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
We do a lot of Wall Sits in the army; sitting against the wall, legs parralel to the ground, both two legged and one legged. We always go until our legs collapse of their own accord from the strain. I'm curious if doing Wall Sits actually has a positive effect on muscle endurance or if it simply increases your tolerance/familiarity with pain.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Wall Sits
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »
We do a lot of Wall Sits in the army; sitting against the wall, legs parralel to the ground, both two legged and one legged. We always go until our legs collapse of their own accord from the strain. I'm curious if doing Wall Sits actually has a positive effect on muscle endurance or if it simply increases your tolerance/familiarity with pain.

I think its both. your flexing your muscles and its a constant rush of blood and lactic acid so the muscles are getting strained. thats a good question though.
bodybuildersreality.com

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 03:39:49 PM »
Just wondeing if you use a towel or small, light blanket against the back when doing those wall sit's? So you would slide better. Or just fatiques/T shirt? 

I would think you would get execellent recuitment of the quads. Stamina (endurance & strength) in the whole lower body. The nearest exercise I could think of similar to wall sits would be sissy squats or Roman chair squats. Good Luck.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »

Absolutley.....doing wall sits helps break through the lactate threshold common with endurance, when supersetting them with a resistance exercise, the results are incredible!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 10:29:52 PM »
I did them when I first started training. Pure torture.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 06:27:40 AM »
Dorian used wallsits to bring out his 'cables'..

good exercise..
L