Author Topic: drkaje have you ever heard of anyone doing  (Read 2457 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
drkaje have you ever heard of anyone doing
« on: October 27, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »
a "brain stem adjustment?"

My friend has a daughter w/a mystery illness that began after a cheerleading injury where a gal fell on top of the daughter's head....which may or may not have anything to do w/her illness.

The symptoms are many, in fact, she's going to Mayo to be seen by MS doctors soon.

But one doctor wanted to do a "brain stem adjustment." 

Have you heard of this and if so, what is your opinion please?
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: drkaje have you ever heard of anyone doing
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:58:34 PM »
are you referring to atlas readjustment?  it is a typpe of chirpractic procedure.  My friend is undergoing it for back issues and his son is undergoing it for issues realted to autism. 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:23:52 AM »
are you referring to atlas readjustment?  it is a typpe of chirpractic procedure.  My friend is undergoing it for back issues and his son is undergoing it for issues realted to autism. 

Migs, I think maybe that is what its called.  Does your friend feel that it was beneficial?
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:43:41 AM »
his back does feel much better and he is holding hi sadjustments for longer periods of time.  He also says that his child is getting good results. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 07:15:46 AM »
When reading this please bear in mind that it's my best guess based upon (training and clinical experience) but consider the response in the context of the limited information you've given.

Yes and no.

Besides me, I know two people who can do that maneuver. That doesn't mean there are only three, just that I haven't met more. A few old-timer chiros use a technique called Biocranial technique (BCT). I have no idea how difficult findinf a practitioner would be. There are a few more adjustments that accomplish similar results but do not stretch the ligamentum nuchae.

A brainstem herniation would cause complete respiratory failure. That being said, the cerebellar floccus can partially herniate and cause a lot of symptoms which mimmick other diseases, including fibromyalgia. If that was the case, only a mild case would respond to chiropractic care, I would do BCT and neutral traction. neutral traction, neutal traction, neutral traction......... neutral traction. Did I say neutral traction? Flexed traction would work as well.

The herniation is slight but can be seen on MRI by an expert. Typically it starts with diffuse pain, facial weakness, rash, upper arm/hand weakness and tender points in the forarms and legs, and a loss of energy.

Remember, that is essentially a guess based on very little information. If all else fails you can try catching me on the cell later tonight. If you want the number PM me.

Jake

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »

Thanks for this info.  I really appreciate it. :)
R