Author Topic: 2 days out...  (Read 21162 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: 2 days out...
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »
F**k, now thats some motivation.  You look awesome bro.  I hate washing plastic containers (from a pic you posted).  ;D 

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 07:39:18 AM »
F**k, now thats some motivation.  You look awesome bro.  I hate washing plastic containers (from a pic you posted).  ;D 

Me too! damn! ..my sink is like a mountain of tupperware at the end of the day! ha!ha! :)

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2006, 05:41:47 PM »
Me too! damn! ..my sink is like a mountain of tupperware at the end of the day! ha!ha! :)

Super Natural, where can I get more info on your style of cardio?Other than the site you already gave?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2006, 10:56:56 PM »
Super Natural, where can I get more info on your style of cardio?Other than the site you already gave?

I havn't got any other articles up at the moment, but I'm working on some.Try a search on "max-ot cardio" on google.

I actually do 3 types of cardio during during contest prep, I alternate between high intensity 15 minute sessions (I discussed in the article) and 20 minute medium intensity cardio's during the week. then on the weekends I go for a low intensity hr. + long walk on both days.If cardio happens to fall on my leg day I always do a low intensity 20 min session.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2006, 05:11:50 AM »
What time do you do cardio? Bed to treadmill?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2006, 05:36:56 AM »
What time do you do cardio? Bed to treadmill?

my latest session is 5:30 pm or the latest 6:00 pm...Any later and it effects my sleep.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »
But do you do cardio on an empty stomach before breakfast?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »
But do you do cardio on an empty stomach before breakfast?

I know a lot of guys do this and swear by it, but I never, ever do or did, I just didn't think it was a good idea to do something potentially catabolic after not having eaten for 8 or so hours, I eat normally every 2 hrs to avoid this exact type of situation . 
That being said ...IF I was to do it. I’d do very low intensity stuff like walking for an 45 min. and do the high intensity stuff later in the day. And I'd definitely have a good dose of BCAA before with perhaps some glutamine just to protect my muscle.
I think it's actually much more important to know how many calories you take in each day and if you're in a small deficient at the end of that day on a consistent basis.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2006, 05:54:20 AM »
on average, how many calories did you burn in a 15 minute cardio session?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2006, 06:07:12 AM »
on average, how many calories did you burn in a 15 minute cardio session?

about 280-300 kcal...well that's what the machine says a the end.I don't really think it's that accurate.I use it more as a guage, so i know I must hit that as a target (I use either the calories bured or the distance I go) I try to either match that or surrpase it the next time.The thing to bear in mind is my body still carries on burning calories at an excellerated rate afterwards unlike a slower session. My heart rate,breathing etc. takes quite a while to returnt  homeostasis.So in that way short intense cardio probably equals if not exceeds the fat burning potential of a slower longer session.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2006, 07:05:07 AM »
That's very similar to what I do.

Last night I did 15 minutes for 275 calories alternating between 5mph and 8mph at a 5% incline. My final sprint I go up to 9mph for 30 seconds.

Unfortunately, my fat loss seems to be at a snail's pace! My diet is right spot on, so is my training, and my cardio too. I think I just have poor genetics for fat loss :-\

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2006, 07:29:07 AM »
That's very similar to what I do.

Last night I did 15 minutes for 275 calories alternating between 5mph and 8mph at a 5% incline. My final sprint I go up to 9mph for 30 seconds.

Unfortunately, my fat loss seems to be at a snail's pace! My diet is right spot on, so is my training, and my cardio too. I think I just have poor genetics for fat loss :-\

Just keep at it, eventually your body will get the message...sometimes it isn't about changing anything , just time, persistense and patience.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »
Nice work supernatural!

How many calories did you consume offseason, that is if you count em ofcourse

Kilroy

• Getbig II
  • All Natural
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »
unreal conditioning supernatural. well done.
All Natural

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »
Nice work supernatural!

How many calories did you consume offseason, that is if you count em ofcourse

About 4000-3500 on workout days - +- 3000 on off days

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2006, 04:33:55 PM »
Super natural call me retarded but im confused about something. The max ot articled that I read about involving skip or other does mention that they set the machine on intervals, but does the intensity remain high throughout? Or is Max ot cardio normally the one minute full blast one minute low intensity kind of thing? thanks!!

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2006, 11:11:34 PM »
Super natural call me retarded but im confused about something. The max ot articled that I read about involving skip or other does mention that they set the machine on intervals, but does the intensity remain high throughout? Or is Max ot cardio normally the one minute full blast one minute low intensity kind of thing? thanks!!

I just went full blast (100 rpm) the whole session at the same resistance level (Maybe took it up one or two  levels for the last 4 minutes) .Interval setting is fine,but from personal experience I found it important not to worked in your anerobic threshold during cardio while dieting but rather at just below (i.e. so you don't feel that burn in your muscle, you just want your lungs and heart to be pumping hard). I feel I literally got burnt out if I did interval type training especially when in a calorie deficiet ....The weight training was enough of a stress on my CNS without adding interval cardio.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2006, 06:38:29 AM »
i think you could be much bigger if you did more volume. but you have totally figured out how to get the best conditioning no doubt! maybe you could give me some cutting tips and ill give you my volume program hahaha

No disrespect to you bro, but whatever this guys is doing is spot on for him.  Volume doesn't equate to size.  Intensity, weight, recovery and growth. 
Romans 1:20

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2006, 12:49:34 PM »
Well, let's just say Super Natural, that you have inspired me to go to another level.  Your structure and mine are very similar.  Your contest condition and mine are very different.  Congratulations!  Maybe one day!
Romans 1:20

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Very inspiring Super Natural!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2007, 01:02:32 PM »
that's called peeled,very good job and kept your lines without getting stringy lean .

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »
Super Natural, awesome info- what a informative great thread!

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »
Hi Super Natural
Are you going to be trying to competing in the Muscle Evolution comp on the 10th June in Cape Town?

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »
i think you could be much bigger if you did more volume. but you have totally figured out how to get the best conditioning no doubt! maybe you could give me some cutting tips and ill give you my volume program hahaha

Hahahahahahaha you're quite an ectomorphic wishful thinker...

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2007, 12:37:37 AM »
Hi Super Natural
Are you going to be trying to competing in the Muscle Evolution comp on the 10th June in Cape Town?

No, I'm focusing right now on the the regionals on the 25th August (18 weeks to go) and then the Ifbb Nationals a week later, Planing to come in as a welter weight with the same condition I had in 2005.Then I plan to compete 6 weeks later in the IFBB Worlds in South Korea in the classic bodybuilding division (under 170cm tall) I have to weigh under 71 kg for that.Here's were I am right now (about 80-82 kg.)