Author Topic: Intensity  (Read 869 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Intensity
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »
Hey guys and gals.

As someone who is always trying to increase intensity of my training i always find it interesting reading diff people techniques. I train alone so even though i am trying every workout to go balls to wall its hard to reach maximum intensity without training partner.

Came accross this routine, was discussing it with 'figgs,' and thought that for anyone who did train with a training partner, u might fancy at least reading it.

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Beyond_Failure_Training_-_Trevor_Smith/m_93079/tm.htm

Enjoy, and let me know what u guys think aswell.

If i had training partner i would probs give it a shot for a spell.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Intensity
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 07:42:55 PM »
The writing is atrocious, way too wordy, way too long to hold the interest.

Bottom line it's true HIT, requiring a training partner and the willingness to go through multiple levels of failure and agony to find out if it will help.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Intensity
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:46:33 AM »
yeh it is wordy and not laid out in a way that has u wanting to read it especially.
But if u can put up with all that it is quite an interesting read. Like i said i train alone for the most part and cannot train in that manner, which is fine.

You gotta admit it does sound like a painful way to train, 1 set followed by forced reps, drop weight straight away and go again, fail again then more forced reps, drop weight go again then fail and go for even more forced reps. Rest then repeat haha.

All power to people who can and do train in that way.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah