Author Topic: Sciatica  (Read 4691 times)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sciatica
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:01 PM »
Havent been able to run or train legs for 2 weeks and pain is getting worse - any suggestons guys?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Sciatica
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 05:41:16 PM »
Stretching, foam rolling, massage, avoid stiff legged deads and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
:

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 12:58:36 AM »
Stretching, foam rolling, massage, avoid stiff legged deads and sitting for prolonged periods of time.

Great - i work in an office sat on my a ss all day !!  :-\

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:52 AM »
Get a massage. Have her work on your piriformis muscle.

You could also try a chiro.

super633

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »
i hope is nothing serious. i been battling with a serious back injury for the last 4 months. one of the symptoms is sciatica. i been seeing a neurosurgeon and a chiro. I had one Epidural steroid injections that has done wonders. Also the chiro uses a table that pulls on the spine and decompresses. That's real good too! progress is very slow with me but steady. Good luck and get checked out if the pain starts shooting down your leg.

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
Get a massage. Have her work on your piriformis muscle.
You could also try a chiro.

Interresting ;)

They're all quacks and witch-doctors. :)

Hehehehe... had the same problem for the past month or so. Chiro really helps foam roll is essential. if it's only one side, it's most likely your piriformis / Glute pressing on the nerve, creating inflamation and affecting the lower back.

Do you have trouble getting up once sitting for a while? That's the main symptom; can walk arround no prob, then sit down and takes 5 mins to get back up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 12:46:28 PM »
Interresting ;)

if it's only one side, it's most likely your piriformis / Glute pressing on the nerve, creating inflamation and affecting the lower back.

That's what it was in my case. Here's the stretch that helped.

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 04:08:45 PM »

GOOD POST!

Alex23

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 06:35:50 PM »

Dude I don't even think I'm flexible enough to pull this one ... no kidding... stiff as a dick getting a lap dance...  8)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 02:47:03 AM »

Mine seems to have calmed down, touch wood, i just rested it for about 4 weeks then got back into training legs and running slowly. I have heard that it comes and goes though. When you are injured it is really frustrating - to me it makes me realise that when you are fully healthy you should never skip training (for no reason), as you will wish you could train when you arent able to!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »
If you are lucky enough to have someone in your area that does Active Isolated Stretching, it will work wonders for you. Can be a little painful during the treatment but you feel like you're on cloud 9 afterwards. I use it on my clients all the time, they LOVE it!

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 02:57:15 AM »
Mine seems to have calmed down, touch wood, i just rested it for about 4 weeks then got back into training legs and running slowly. I have heard that it comes and goes though. When you are injured it is really frustrating - to me it makes me realise that when you are fully healthy you should never skip training (for no reason), as you will wish you could train when you arent able to!

I just did a search on this. Ive had this problem on and off for years. its like flicking a switch. no sign of it for a couple of months then all of a sudden its back. ive actually got it at the moment and had it for about a week. goes from my lower back through my hamstrings through my knee then to my toes.. is this what you get?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 06:15:50 AM »
I just did a search on this. Ive had this problem on and off for years. its like flicking a switch. no sign of it for a couple of months then all of a sudden its back. ive actually got it at the moment and had it for about a week. goes from my lower back through my hamstrings through my knee then to my toes.. is this what you get?

Yeah, sounds like pretty much what i had. I am really hoping mine has gone for good but i doubt it, like you say, it comes and goes !!  :-\ Only advice i can give you from last time i had it is rest it - it does go. Then build up your leg training and cardio lightly and slowly at first

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »
Dude I don't even think I'm flexible enough to pull this one ... no kidding... stiff as a dick getting a lap dance...  8)

Thought you knew I was a chiro, LOL!