Author Topic: Can anyone make decent gains naturally anymore?  (Read 4419 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Can anyone make decent gains naturally anymore?
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:45:47 PM »
Regardless of whether someone takes gear or not, I would like to think lifting is about pushing yourself and not a pin.  I look around my gym and maybe see one guy every few months who has decent gains naturally.  Is it that hard to do, or are people just not dedicated enough?
I can't count how many people I see shrink on a monthly basis or their face is bloated up like Alvin the Chipmunk.  It ridiculous in my opinion and many outside the sport would agree.
I personally would feel like an assclown lying to someone asking me how I got big, then bullshitting them about...it's all "hardwork", when meanwhile it was a cycle and nothing more.  Hell, I felt like a douchebag saying that to people back in 94', but would feel even cheesier saying is being an adult.
Oh, fuck breast implants too...haha
People need a reality check.
Croatch on...
N

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
Re: Can anyone make decent gains naturally anymore?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 02:46:40 PM »
Does synthol count? ;D

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:49:56 PM »
It's all about the work ethic and the diet if all is good you can make some great gains but then you go and watch a contest and come away thinking I am waisting my time then if you get to a Pro show you think Fuk it I am never going to be like that Natural.Well you are Right.Do it for yourself and stay healthy.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »
When I was 18, 19, 20 years old, yes. After that... fagetaboutit.
a

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »
i disagree i know 26 28yr old still naturally gettin stronger.

to be natural u need to train differently than from a non natty, cycle weights less volume etc. be smarter

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »
I'm 18, have been training since the summer of 05', and have been improving very well as a natural! I think it's because of my approach to my training. I focus on intensity. Going to absolute failure on each and every working set. Without high intensity training, I would have never made as much gains as I have. Everyone I know who trains with the same level of intensity has similarly phenominal results.
~

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 03:01:52 PM »
Leave the fake titties alone! >:( They do have their uses.

As to answer your other question, no, nobody but you can make decent gains naturally. It is actually quite frustrating for the rest of us to not have your incredible drive, intellect, and charisma. Maybe you should get special "martyr" stars under your name?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
It's all relative. If there were no such thing as steriods, the gains made by naturals would seem much more impressive.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
I think Adonis is the only 30 year old still making gains naturally. If only I knew which flavor ice cream has the magic crystals....

Special "Redrum Raisin" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 03:15:28 PM »
I think Adonis is the only 30 year old still making gains naturally. If only I knew which flavor ice cream has the magic crystals....

Special "Redrum Raisin" Ed

Ben & Jerrys "Half Baked"!  Hope this helps... ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 03:16:55 PM »
do you mean late twenties early 30s who cant make gains because they have got near there natural genetic limit or late twenties early 30's who just started training and could not gain because of there age?because if its the 2nd scenario your all way off base, it may be easier to gain from nothing as you get older.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:13 PM »
No, nobody can. We've reached the next level in human evolution and can't do it anymore. we are fucked. 40,000 years of homosapiens building muscle is lost forever cause nobody has PATIENCE ANYMORE.
$

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:30 PM »
It's all relative. If there were no such thing as steriods, the gains made by naturals would seem much more impressive.

couldn't agree more, the magazines and supplement companies are adding to this also! They promise 50lb gain in 2 weeks while losing fat.  

now you have these idiots out there that think Levrone's body is attainable by the average man and anything less is not good enough.

now to training naturally means taking (creatine, glutamine, dextrose, maltodextrin, bcaa, ZMA, ECA stack, buckets of whey and tons of other supps).

lol, then the skinny guy next to you does a cycle and makes you look like a skinny crack head, eclipsing your gains in a matter of weeks
Here comes the money shot

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:33 PM »
To add to that amim right croatch went from 150 to 220 naturally in his late twenties, so where is all this coming from, bodybuilding myth?

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »
Well the answer to that is that you never think you are stopping to make gains no matter how old you are.The moment you think that maybe you are not able to make more gains
naturally it`s the moment you are loosing it :)

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 03:20:34 PM »
I think it's mostly diet. I know plenty of guys who train their asses off in the gym but who don't put any thought into their diet other than maybe a protein shake after a workout, so of course their gains stagnate. I know even more who have been doing the same training routine for years too and of course they've stagnated.
I min/max my physique

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »
I think it's mostly diet. I know plenty of guys who train their asses off in the gym but who don't put any thought into their diet other than maybe a protein shake after a workout, so of course their gains stagnate. I know even more who have been doing the same training routine for years too and of course they've stagnated.

Agreed. If I didn't eat like a bodybuilder I wouldn't look like one.
~

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 03:31:12 PM »

information is the key, there is so much BS and myths out there.

discussions threads like the one that Vince B started and continued I think is great.  I still refer to that thread, a lot of people contributed some great ideas to it.

Even Adonis has contributed alot, he is right in that there are alot people that mistake FAT for gains.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 03:31:47 PM »
information is the key, there is so much BS and myths out there.

discussions threads like the one that Vince B started and continued I think is great.  I still refer to that thread, a lot of people contributed some great ideas to it.

Even Adonis has contributed alot, he is right in that there are alot people that mistake FAT for gains.

Which thread is that?
~

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 03:35:14 PM »

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 03:36:31 PM »
it is a now official. miss karen is a man who pretends to be a chick. what a homo.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 03:37:33 PM »
I'm 18, have been training since the summer of 05', and have been improving very well as a natural! I think it's because of my approach to my training. I focus on intensity. Going to absolute failure on each and every working set. Without high intensity training, I would have never made as much gains as I have. Everyone I know who trains with the same level of intensity has similarly phenominal results.

you registered on getbig on january 05 and you started working out 6 months later?   ???   ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V

AVBG

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »

Hey figgs, Make no mistake the first year is always the most dramatic improvement, you could do practically anything and you will grow, and thats not discounting the quality work you obviously do.

I started training at 15 and now at 34, and have put in a net of 100lbs since the beggining..  I now look for minor quality improvements of 2lbs per year whilst remaining at the same BF%.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »
you registered on getbig on january 05 and you started working out 6 months later?   ???   ::)

lol, maybe he was waiting for the new Muscle Tech/Cell Tech Anator P, I hear they promise 564% strength increase