Author Topic: Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4101 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 03, 2006, 06:07:26 AM »
With no exceptions whatsoever.

Your number is called... you go.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 06:09:30 AM »
do you have kids?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 06:31:10 AM »
do you have kids?

Yes.

So do the poor people who have children in Iraq right now. What's your point?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 06:45:23 AM »
my point is simple...the 'chidren' that are there now signed up for that shit...the government would send yours.

youre suggesting sending people that do not want to go

fuckthat

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:49:28 AM »
So do the poor people who have children in Iraq right now.

thats the way wars have (almost) always been fought

the poor ask less questions, have less other opportunities, and it never hurts to drain a bit of water from the shallow end of the gene pool

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 07:13:52 AM »
I think the good Dr. is reconsidering this ridiculous post

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:15:04 AM »
my point is simple...the 'kids' that are there now signed up for that shit...the government would send yours.

youre suggesting sending people that do not want to go

fuckthat

So what you're saying is that since my kids have more opportunity, they should be exempt. Funny, everytime someone questions Bush or the war, you hear chimpscreaming about not supporting the troops yet the same people will not put themselves or their children where their mouths are.

Eventually, you'll run out of volunteers. Honestly, that's already happened and we're re-tasking National Guardsmen/women all the time. So in effect there is already a draft. If there was a draft, all Americans would get to spread democracy, freedom, running water, etc.... to the Middle East/Persia. There were volunteers in every war with a draft. All status levels of our society "paying the cost for freedom" is only fair.

A draft is the only true test of the American public's support of wars like this. This draft would specifically have no exemptions whatsoever under any circumstances. If armchair/cyberspace heroes are so damn convinced this war is a great idea they should goosestep right down to the local recruiters office and enlist.

Right-wingers are always saying "if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops". I'm saying "if you really support the way, volunteer or send your kids."

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 07:19:56 AM »
what about this...if NO ONE signed up then there would be no troops to send; aka NO WAR

If I was conscripted I would tip the fuckoutta town...id take jail over that shit anyday.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:19 AM »
what about this...if NO ONE signed up then there would be no troops to send; aka NO WAR

If I was conscripted I would tip the fuckoutta town...id take jail over that shit anyday.

Not feasible. Military service is the only opportunity for a lot of poor people, we'll never run out of poor people. Only a draft will end this war. If people wouldn't go in.... fuck their credit up forever, LOL! Or just take them kicking and screaming to the front lines. :) In the long a draft would save more lives.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 07:29:43 AM »
Not feasible. Military service is the only opportunity for a lot of poor people, we'll never run out of poor people. Only a draft will end this war. If people wouldn't go in.... f**k their credit up forever, LOL! Or just take them kicking and screaming to the front lines. :) In the long a draft would save more lives.

Poor people are raised to be thrash.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 07:34:07 AM »
Not feasible. Military service is the only opportunity for a lot of poor people, we'll never run out of poor people. Only a draft will end this war. If people wouldn't go in.... f**k their credit up forever, LOL! Or just take them kicking and screaming to the front lines. :) In the long a draft would save more lives.

i dont think you ge it doc kock, one of the reasons to go to war is to kill of your poor (these days read black, white trash and mexicans, in the past it was irish/italians etc) before they breed

sending people with education and opportunities to go die is a waste of resources

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 07:34:16 AM »

im assuming youre out of the conscription age bracket and your kids are too young to be considered kill worthy in the short term?

you sound brainwashed man...with a mentality from 100 years ago

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 07:36:45 AM »
Poor people are raised to be thrash.

You're willing to let "trash" be responsible for protecting America's freedom?

One would think just the opposite... Rich people have more freedom and should be the most willing to sacrifice for it. :)

im assuming youre out of the conscription age bracket and your kids are too young to be considered kill worthy in the short term?

you sound brainwashed man...with a mentality from 100 years ago

I already served.

i dont think you ge it doc kock, one of the reasons to go to war is to kill of your poor (these days read black, white trash and mexicans, in the past it was irish/italians etc) before they breed

sending people with education and opportunities to go die is a waste of resources

If enough people with education/opportunity die then you'll be able to find a good job. :)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »
If enough people with education/opportunity die then you'll be able to find a good job. :)

my parents are rich i dont need to :D

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:22 AM »
You're willing to let "trash" be responsible for protecting America's freedom?

One would think just the opposite... Rich people have more freedom and should be the most willing to sacrifice for it. :)

I already served.

Educated people (businesspeople, scientists aso.)= resources for the economy.

Poor people: Does not contribute nearly as much. A poor idiot is expendable. The leading scientists in the US = not expendable. Get the point bozo?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 07:43:46 AM »
I already served.

I dont know what you've seen mate, if you were getting shot at/shooting people, or patching people up, but you firmly believe everyday people that have regular lives should experience what you have?

There are very few things that I believe could bring me to end another human (with a family, friends, a life) life.

Oil and/or government quarrels is not one of them.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »
Educated people (businesspeople, scientists aso.)= resources for the economy.

Poor people: Does not contribute nearly as much. A poor idiot is expendable. The leading scientists in the US = not expendable. Get the point bozo?

Define leading scientist, LOL! if you're talking about one of the nitwits studying the effect of cow farts on the ozone layer or seeing if tequilla makes goldfish fight more than gin they should go directly to the front line, not pass go and not collect $200. :)

Poor people keep the economy moving. They buy tons of crap they don't need and use tons of govt. services that require a well paying infrastructure to support. Also, a certain level of unemployment is necessary to hedge against inflation. Actually, poor people are far more important than the rich.

Also, poor people let some of us feel superior. :)

Draft a bunch of rich kids, let them get killed/wounded, and people will have a whole different view of the war. In the long run.... sacrificing the "important" people from our society will be to everyone's benefit. Again, there should be no exceptions to the draft.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 07:53:27 AM »
Draft a bunch of rich kids, let them get killed/wounded, and people will have a whole different view of the war. In the long run.... sacrificing the "important" people from our society will be to everyone's benefit. Again, there should be no exceptions to the draft.

you're a bitter man drkaje

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 07:58:02 AM »
you're a bitter man drkaje

You're confusing bitterness with practicality. :)

Until this stupidity affects important Americans it will continue. A draft is the only thing guranteed to end this war. On some level you agree with me, LOL!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »
On some level you agree with me, LOL!

seriously, conscription is a bad idea....it opens the door to so much more than ending this 'war'.

I dont even believe what we are involved in is a war, wouldnt that involve the other party also declaring it?

Iraq isnt at war with the US..the US is at war on behalf of 'freedom'.
  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 08:07:55 AM »
I'd be open to discussing the draft.  Everyone ought to serve at least a year in the military IMO.  Some countries do have mandatory military service.  I wouldn't trade my military experience for anything. 

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 08:09:06 AM »
with all due respect

why?

you honestly think that is the direction the world should be heading?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »
It's a sure thing right after the election

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 09:17:19 AM »
seriously, conscription is a bad idea....it opens the door to so much more than ending this 'war'.

I dont even believe what we are involved in is a war, wouldnt that involve the other party also declaring it?

Iraq isnt at war with the US..the US is at war on behalf of 'freedom'.
  ::)

It would do more good than harm. The US has had drafts before and survived.

Also, we should draft Canadians so they can see some decent weather and have good reason (firsthand) to complain about how bad we suck. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 09:41:13 AM »
with all due respect

why?

you honestly think that is the direction the world should be heading?

1.  I think this is just talk, because we will never have mandatory military service in this country IMO. 

2.  I'd be willing to have a policy discussion about mandatory military service, even though I doubt there will ever be serious discussion about it.

3.  I think every kid can benefit from at least one year in service.  All it does is delay the start of adulthood by at least 12 months.  I don't think most kids know what they want at age 18 anyway.  Serving their country would probably help most of help them develop maturity, patriotism, responsibility, self control, etc.  There are few higher callings than military service IMO.

That said, it ain't happening.