Author Topic: The federal government says: "no sex without marriage up to age 29"  (Read 17768 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: The federal government says: "no sex without marriage up to age 29"
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »
Sound the alarm.  The government is promoting common sense.  Talk about a radical idea:  telling young adults to keep their stuff in their pants to help reduce out-of-wedlock births.

How about instead promote safe sex?

Fund campaigns for condom availability, free condoms at certain places, put condom vending machines up in mens and ladies room in bars and nightclubs et al.

I'm sure something like that could help prevent lots of STD's and lots of unplanned births.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »
How about I don't give a fuck rats ass about marriage and it's fucking retarded to wait until you're married to have sex?  Talk about a recipe for divorce. Fuck first, get married if their is a match and everything else works out.  Anyway, fuck the government it's none of their fucking business... And if for nothing else, this campaign is costing millions of dollars despite Zack thinking it's not real, it actually is... I heard it on Real Time with Bill Maher then looked it up... As far a I know Bill Maher has never teamed up with USAToday to fake a story.  But anyway, here's a campaign that will cost millions... millions..... What a fucking waste of tax dollars... Abstinence teaching hasn't worked worth a shit for teens, who the fuck is going to listen to this shit in their twenties.... Bullshit... Bullshit waste of tax dollars by the biggest spending administration ever.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 10:52:04 AM »
Oh and Zack man... Of course there is a liberal campaign against Republicans, it's called an election and the shit is heavy flying both ways.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 11:06:18 AM »
  I remember the days when the Republican party was the party of less government intervention.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 11:06:48 AM »
How about instead promote safe sex?

Fund campaigns for condom availability, free condoms at certain places, put condom vending machines up in mens and ladies room in bars and nightclubs et al.

I'm sure something like that could help prevent lots of STD's and lots of unplanned births.

YIP
Zack

Because I don't think there such a thing as "safe sex" outside of marriage.  Neither birth control nor condoms are foolproof.  Would you have sex with a woman you knew had genital herpes, so long as you used a condom?  

Teaching traditional methods of birth control have been a colossal failure.  Just look at the unwanted pregnancy rates in this country.  All it does is send a mixed message:  don't have sex till you're married, but here, keep this condom in your wallet.  

I teach my kids abstinence.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2006, 11:08:16 AM »
Also, this isn't a law.  It's a guideline used for states who want grant money. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2006, 11:22:58 AM »
Because I don't think there such a thing as "safe sex" outside of marriage.  Neither birth control nor condoms are foolproof.  Would you have sex with a woman you knew had genital herpes, so long as you used a condom? 

Teaching traditional methods of birth control have been a colossal failure.  Just look at the unwanted pregnancy rates in this country.  All it does is send a mixed message:  don't have sex till you're married, but here, keep this condom in your wallet.   

I teach my kids abstinence. 

Sex is great.

People have a desire to have sex.

If condoms are used on every random sexual encounter, how many cases of STD's would there be?

How many unplanned births would there be if condoms or other birth-control methods such as pills always would be used by people during sex?

From what I understand, there is some idea that the very mentioning of the existance of condoms and such will make people have more sex outside of marriage.

I guess it's just a matter of how you perceive sex. If it's something shameful, something that should be done behind closed doors, and preferably not at all, then I guess abstinence is the way to go.

If you on the other hand believe sex is something perfectly normal, and is cool as long as you protect yourself and is a bit careful, then getting more condoms out there is the message.

I definitely think condoms should be handed out to high school teens before their prom, that there should be a thorough education on how condoms work and how safe they are from the legal age in each state.

Why?

Because I believe that is the best way to prevent STD's and unplanned births.

Not because I want teens to start having group sex or shit. Just want them to always protect themselves.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »
Beach Bum associates shame with sex. He's religious.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 07:16:28 PM »
Sound the alarm.  The government is promoting common sense.  Talk about a radical idea:  telling young adults to keep their stuff in their pants to help reduce out-of-wedlock births.  An excerpt:

But Wade Horn, assistant secretary for children and families at the Department of Health and Human Services, said the revision is aimed at 19- to 29-year-olds because more unmarried women in that age group are having children.

Government data released last month show that 998,262 births in 2004 were to unmarried women 19-29, the ages with the most births to unmarried women.

"The message is 'It's better to wait until you're married to bear or father children,' " Horn said. "The only 100% effective way of getting there is abstinence."

The revised guidelines specify that states seeking grants are "to identify groups ... most likely to bear children out-of-wedlock, targeting adolescents and/or adults within the 12- through 29-year-old age range." Previous guidelines didn't mention targeting of an age group.

"We wanted to remind states they could use these funds not only to target adolescents," Horn said. "It's a reminder."

Last year, 46 states applied for the federal abstinence-education money, to fund programs in schools, neighborhood clubs and faith-based organizations.

Wow, I knew you were wacko but this is just insane. You're one of the freaky religious nutjobs that wants the world to live what your religion preaches.

Holy Schit, you want 29 year olds not to have sex? It's alright for someone in their twenties to be able to fight in a war, vote, own a gun, drive a car, motorcycle or airplane yet they can't have sex if they're not married?  ::)

Zealot might be too tame a word for you. Yikes, what a freak.

I wonder if you're one of those fanatics that endorses the bombing of abortion clinics and the murdering of doctors that perform abortions?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 07:23:16 PM »
Wow, I knew you were wacko but this is just insane. You're one of the freaky religious nutjobs that wants the world to live what your religion preaches.

Holy Schit, you want 29 year olds not to have sex? It's alright for someone in their twenties to be able to fight in a war, vote, own a gun, drive a car, motorcycle or airplane yet they can't have sex if they're not married?  ::)

Zealot might be too tame a word for you. Yikes, what a freak.

I wonder if you're one of those fanatics that endorses the bombing of abortion clinics and the murdering of doctors that perform abortions?

YAWN.   ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »
YAWN.   ::)

Nice retort freak. Are you busy plotting your next abortion clinic bombing with your fellow religious fanatics?

You know what's really funny about your insane point of view? I bet you had sex before you were married when you were younger than 29, making you a hypocrite.  LOL.

What a clown.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 07:35:42 PM »
Nice retort freak. Are you busy plotting your next abortion clinic bombing with your fellow religious fanatics?

You know what's really funny about your insane point of view? I bet you had sex before you were married when you were younger than 29, making you a hypocrite.  LOL.

What a clown.

lol.   ;D  Oh, and  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 07:40:25 PM »
Also, this isn't a law.  It's a guideline used for states who want grant money. 
NO SHIT THERE... If you weren't reading only parts of posts and articles, that would have been clear as fuck but here you are pointing it out like you're correcting a misconception ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 07:41:42 PM »
Yea.... Beach Bum endorses this as a good program.... P'WNED... See this clown for what he is now... ahahaha a proud member of the Radically Stupid...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
NO SHIT THERE... If you weren't reading only parts of posts and articles, that would have been clear as f**k but here you are pointing it out like you're correcting a misconception ::)

I don't read most of your posts, because you cuss too much.  

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006, 07:46:26 PM »
bunch of fucking filthy hippocrates all of them. banning sex will be even more disasterous than when they tried to prohibit alcohol.

meanwhile heres some more ass.

just say no ::)...yeah right

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »
I don't read most of your posts, because you cuss too much.  
I didn't cuss in the USAToday article did I dipshit?  no one thought this was a law  ::)  If you're not going to read through posts fine, but don't ASSume what they say and post ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »
I didn't cuss in the USAToday article did I dipshit?  no one thought this was a law  ::)  If you're not going to read through posts fine, but don't ASSume what they say and post ::)

Berserker, when I skim your posts most of what I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »
I definitely think condoms should be handed out to high school teens before their prom, that there should be a thorough education on how condoms work and how safe they are from the legal age in each state.

Why?

Because I believe that is the best way to prevent STD's and unplanned births.

Not because I want teens to start having group sex or shit. Just want them to always protect themselves.

YIP
Zack
Do you know how many people on the left get absolutely attacked for saying this exact same thing? I'm mean because this is word for word pretty much the take from the left...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2006, 07:59:48 PM »
Berserker, when I skim your posts most of what I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher. 
Yea, I know... funny thing is that a good portion of what I post is sniped from major media sources and you still tick along like you're listening to charlie brown's teacher...  But funny as all hell... you hear Charlie Brown's teacher and what do you do?  POST A REPLY... that either makes you dumbest member on getbig or a radical fundamentalist so embedded in your thinking that you have a standard answer based on seeing the JIST of what a post is about...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2006, 08:02:31 PM »
Yea, I know... funny thing is that a good portion of what I post is sniped from major media sources and you still tick along like you're listening to charlie brown's teacher...  But funny as all hell... you hear Charlie Brown's teacher and what do you do?  POST A REPLY... that either makes you dumbest member on getbig or a radical fundamentalist so embedded in your thinking that you have a standard answer based on seeing the JIST of what a post is about...

;D  Ah another member of the Beach Bum fan club.  I love you guys.  Do I get a Christmas card? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2006, 08:09:02 PM »
;D  Ah another member of the Beach Bum fan club.  I love you guys.  Do I get a Christmas card? 
And that's when I take you're conceding the debate ;D when you drop the issue in favor of a smart ass reply... Thank you bum. :-*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10:35 PM »
And that's when I take you're conceding the debate ;D when you drop the issue in favor of a smart ass reply... Thank you bum. :-*

Debate???? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2006, 09:39:36 PM »
Debate???? 
I know... It's obvious you don't do "Debate" Thanks for making my point..... AGAIN ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »
I know... It's obvious you don't do "Debate" Thanks for making my point..... AGAIN ;)

Point???