Author Topic: Illegal verdict in the Saddam case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8323 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Illegal verdict in the Saddam case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »
What I don't understand is how anyone could think his trial fair, when his lawyers had been expelled from much of it. We all knew what the verdict was going to be. Everything else in between his capture to now, was simply theatre.  :-\

To be honest Jag Saddam was up there with Stalin, Hitler, Chairman Mao. All the famous mass executioners in history. I don't think too much testimony was needed to know Saddam killed many, many people in cold blood.
The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
To be honest Jag Saddam was up there with Stalin, Hitler, Chairman Mao.
More of a Stalin wannabe who had plenty of books on Joe. Never came close to the same scale.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2006, 04:53:21 PM »
To be honest Jag Saddam was up there with Stalin, Hitler, Chairman Mao. All the famous mass executioners in history. I don't think too much testimony was needed to know Saddam killed many, many people in cold blood.

Yeah, no doubt the guy was a sadistic dictator who murdered many. But what's alarming here is that the US was buddies with this sick fuck not so long ago.

I dunno why he even got a trail, he should have been shot to death.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006, 04:54:14 PM »

Completely agree.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 04:56:37 PM »
Some people think all murder is wrong, even state-sanctioned. Courts of law are supposed to mete out justice, not revenge.

Deedee, did you read his post? Here it is- "this is the biggest travesty in years, this man did nothing except keep law and order in his country and he's sentenced to hang, he was ousted under false evidence." Sarcasm never states anything about being against state sanctioned murder. Can't you hear the sarcasm in his tone? I can. Anyway he was tried in Iraq by Iraqis under Iraq law. Its their business whether they hang him, fry him, torture him etc... They meted out their own justice Iraqi style.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »
More of a Stalin wannabe who had plenty of books on Joe. Never came close to the same scale.

True. Uncle Joe killed millions of his own countryman.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 04:58:32 PM »
yea sign up for the military to get killed so that "Iraq can become a democracy" Or maybe get killed by your own people then have it covered up by the government, so you can be a 'patriot'.   Sounds great

Kerry is right.  You do have a to be an idiot nowadays to serve in the military.
exactly right.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 04:59:43 PM »
Yeah, no doubt the guy was a sadistic dictator who murdered many. But what's alarming here is that the US was buddies with this sick f**k not so long ago.

The only reason we were buddies with him at the time- 1980 till 1990 was because Iran under Ayatolla Khomeini was our primary enemy and Saddam was enemies with him also.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »
Deedee, did you read his post? Here it is- "this is the biggest travesty in years, this man did nothing except keep law and order in his country and he's sentenced to hang, he was ousted under false evidence." Sarcasm never states anything about being against state sanctioned murder. Can't you hear the sarcasm in his tone? I can. Anyway he was tried in Iraq by Iraqis under Iraq law. Its their business whether they hang him, fry him, torture him etc... They meted out their own justice Iraqi style.

I hear a little sarcasm in his tone, but seem to remember him saying he was against the death penalty elsewhere. The fact is though, Saddam kept an unruly bunch of people from boiling over for a long time. But you're right... he's getting justice Iraqi style. Live by the sword, die by the sword, I guess.

I just always get a little chill when I hear westernized people talking about "frying" people etc.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 05:04:47 PM »
Who cares?  It's just another turd flushed.

Hope he doesn't clog the old crapper!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2006, 05:10:06 PM »
I hear a little sarcasm in his tone, but seem to remember him saying he was against the death penalty elsewhere. The fact is though, Saddam kept an unruly bunch of people from boiling over for a long time. But you're right... he's getting justice Iraqi style. Live by the sword, die by the sword, I guess.

I just always get a little chill when I hear westernized people talking about "frying" people etc.

Deedee, I think when we talk about frying people its done tongue in cheek. Capitol punishment is a tough, tough issue. You can be for it or morally against it. I know when I watch shows like court TV and someone who has raped or murdered or molested numerous times gets the death penalty and it gives the victims family closure many times that they would not have. It also is for the victims.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2006, 05:23:13 PM »
Not to get too far off topic, but of course, families of victims, and victims themselves, are entitled to feel murderous indignation. But that's why we have the courts who are supposed to administer justice with cold blindness.  Otherwise we'd be barbarians and vigilantes. I can't help but look at Saddam's mug on the news and think what they're doing to him is no better than what he did.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2006, 05:43:44 PM »
Not to get too far off topic, but of course, families of victims, and victims themselves, are entitled to feel murderous indignation. But that's why we have the courts who are supposed to administer justice with cold blindness.  Otherwise we'd be barbarians and vigilantes. I can't help but look at Saddam's mug on the news and think what they're doing to him is no better than what he did.

You are feeling sorry for him because he looks like a pathetic old man. Remember that he is responsible for hundreds of thousands dead in Iran, Kuwait and his own country.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »
You are feeling sorry for him because he looks like a pathetic old man. Remember that he is responsible for hundreds of thousands dead in Iran, Kuwait and his own country.

Lol, well I am a bit of a softie, and he does look like a pathetic old man without the beret and uniform. BUT, I do remember the video clip I saw years ago, where he personally read out the names of people in his parliament (or their version of it) who were summarily taken out to be hanged or beheaded within the week... and remember seeing the looks of fear and realization in their faces, so no, I don't have much pity for him. But then when you see the news clips of people dancing in the street who also look like uneducated, well, barbarians, you can see what kind of a job he must have had, keeping these people in check. It's not like atrocities haven't been committed ad nauseum elsewhere in the last decade. I guess it is just a question of personal morality. I'm just against killing in general... including state sanctioned.  :-\

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »
I don't pity Hussein.

But I don't feel that death penalty is worthy of an enlightened, civilized society.

That's something for savage societies.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »
Lol, well I am a bit of a softie, and he does look like a pathetic old man without the beret and uniform. BUT, I do remember the video clip I saw years ago, where he personally read out the names of people in his parliament (or their version of it) who were summarily taken out to be hanged or beheaded within the week... and remember seeing the looks of fear and realization in their faces, so no, I don't have much pity for him. But then when you see the news clips of people dancing in the street who also look like uneducated, well, barbarians, you can see what kind of a job he must have had, keeping these people in check. It's not like atrocities haven't been committed ad nauseum elsewhere in the last decade. I guess it is just a question of personal morality. I'm just against killing in general... including state sanctioned.  :-\

Deedee, I saw that clip too. Some men begged and sobbed for their lives. That part of the world seems to be a dog eat dog. That part of the world is literally still in the eight century. Saddam and his sons, their henchmen and cronies were muderous, cold blooded men. Saddam killed his own son in laws.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »
But then when you see the news clips of people dancing in the street who also look like uneducated, well, barbarians, you can see what kind of a job he must have had, keeping these people in check. It's not like atrocities haven't been committed ad nauseum elsewhere in the last decade. I guess it is just a question of personal morality. I'm just against killing in general... including state sanctioned.  :-\

What an elitist post lol

All people of poverty from third world countries protest on the street, it doesn't make them barbarians. Sure they're uneducated, but you speak as though those people don't have any good in them and that's not a fair thing to say. Judging from your hippy stance on capital punishment, I find the above post surprising.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2006, 06:28:53 PM »

What an elitist post lol

All people of poverty from third world countries protest on the street, it doesn't make them barbarians. Sure they're uneducated, but you speak as though those people don't have any good in them and that's not a fair thing to say. Judging from your hippy stance on capital punishment, I find the above post surprising.

Lol, sorry, don't mean to sound elitist. Perhaps barbarians was a little strong, but I couldn't come up with an adequate word, although you can't totally deny that the taking to the streets in recent years, has often resulted in barbaric acts. Don't mean to say they have no good in them either. I pity any society that is prisoner to religion or culture.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2006, 06:52:19 PM »
Sadaam should hang.

But he should have been hung in the 1980s.  He shouldn't have been shaking hands with Rumsfeld. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2006, 07:24:46 PM »
I left for a while.............is he dead yet?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »
I don't pity Hussein.

But I don't feel that death penalty is worthy of an enlightened, civilized society.

That's something for savage societies.

YIP
Zack

I'd rather get killed that to have to sit in a jail cell until I died.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2006, 08:07:19 PM »
yea sign up for the military to get killed so that "Iraq can become a democracy" Or maybe get killed by your own people then have it covered up by the government, so you can be a 'patriot'.   Sounds great

Kerry is right.  You do have a to be an idiot nowadays to serve in the military.

That wasn't what Kerry said. He said you have to be an idiot to create such a quagmire in Iraq. His insult was directed towards Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the neo-cons who got your country and the rest of the world in this mess. It was not directed at the men & women in uniform.
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
That wasn't what Kerry said. He said you have to be an idiot to create such a quagmire in Iraq. His insult was directed towards Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the neo-cons who got your country and the rest of the world in this mess. It was not directed at the men & women in uniform.

Man, one thing I've got to say about you libs, you really stick together even if the proof is right in your face........

click on the video.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226490,00.html

.....he's has a history of talking down to our military....

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=104626.0

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2006, 08:29:59 PM »

.....he's has a history of talking down to our military....

he WAS in the military.   ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
he WAS in the military.   ::)

and he still talked shit......dudes an idiot, I'm glad his career is over, if it wasn't for his rich wives he wouldn't be shit!!