Author Topic: Aspirin  (Read 4045 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Aspirin
« on: November 06, 2006, 08:16:36 AM »
Can 500mg of aspirin per day reduce muscle and joint soreness?
S

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Aspirin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »
I wouldn't take 500mg, thats a bit high.
bodybuildersreality.com

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:05:43 PM »
Some studies show that it makes you live longer by preventing heart disease.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 09:54:10 PM »
true but it can lead to stomache ulcers, which could kill you. I take small dosages of aspirin with my ECA stack and i go off for 3+ weeks.
bodybuildersreality.com

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 04:05:15 AM »
true but it can lead to stomache ulcers, which could kill you. I take small dosages of aspirin with my ECA stack and i go off for 3+ weeks.
Is your dosage 100mg per day? Is it effective in preventing muscle soreness?
S

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 10:34:12 AM »
Is your dosage 100mg per day? Is it effective in preventing muscle soreness?
yeah about 100 mg, 4 days out of the week i take it, and for 4 weeks. then i take 3 off. I take it for my fat burning stack though, not specifically for muscle soreness. Are you needing aspiring because of an injury and you just want to work through it??
bodybuildersreality.com

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 03:13:15 AM »
yeah about 100 mg, 4 days out of the week i take it, and for 4 weeks. then i take 3 off. I take it for my fat burning stack though, not specifically for muscle soreness. Are you needing aspiring because of an injury and you just want to work through it??
I need to reduce my muscle soreness. I have a national PL competition in 10 days, but the past 15 days I only trained 3 x and I had a flu. Now I am training like hell to see if I can compete or not. Yesterday, after doing my last deadlift set, I thought I was going to have a stroke: I felt all my midsection contracting and my eyes wanted to close, I got very dizzy... 3 hours after training it happened again. Today i feel like my head is in some kind of a tunnel...
S

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:17:14 AM »
I need to reduce my muscle soreness. I have a national PL competition in 10 days, but the past 15 days I only trained 3 x and I had a flu. Now I am training like hell to see if I can compete or not. Yesterday, after doing my last deadlift set, I thought I was going to have a stroke: I felt all my midsection contracting and my eyes wanted to close, I got very dizzy... 3 hours after training it happened again. Today i feel like my head is in some kind of a tunnel...
whoa man don't rush yourself, you were just sick! taking aspirin isn't going to fix that. your body is trying to tell you something. I"d just take it slow and work my way up one day at a time and come the day for the competition you are where you are. It sucks but thats how it is sometimes, its not worth hurting yourself even more.
bodybuildersreality.com

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »

See a doctor.  You could have had a pre warning of a serious cardio vascular problem. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 12:34:58 AM »

but dosage is just 85mg.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 07:45:04 AM »

Aspirin don't do shit for me.  I have a sinus infection and for got my meds when I went to work the other day, a co worker offerd me some aspirin I took a total of 5,  325 Mg. pills and it did nothing but 2 Tylenol work just fine.