Author Topic: Gym muscles=worthless  (Read 1534 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Gym muscles=worthless
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:33:48 PM »
Wow, well not exaclty...

I played some intense flag football Sunday...I havent played in a long time.

Now, mind you I train at the gym 5 days a week, cardio 3-4 times a week 30 minutes, so im in good shape.

Holy cow. We playe from 10 to 1. I was shot all day, tired as shit.

This morning, I couldnt get out of bed. My hip flexors where DEAD and sore as shit. Even my entire back was sore..I dont know why, and how it would have to do with sprinting...

I blocked alot, threw some people around  so one of my thumb knuckles is sore/jammed, andmy shoulders are sore as fuk.

Bottom line, Im a mess.

Oh, and my legs feel like I just had a insane leg workout...

Omg, I must be getting old...haha..or its the fact that I cant remember the last time I ran, and playe dosme physical sport......well, slightlty physical...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: Gym muscles=worthless
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:42:14 PM »
i get the same thing, we play flag football once a month and every time im sore as hell. i train four times week and do cardio three times a week. yet after i play the next day my hip flexors and groing are killing me along with my lower back and ham string. even my abbs are killing me and i do them hard three times a week. whats up with that? i am 28, im getting old. its kinda sad actually.

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »
two words for you.. CROSS TRAINING.

You have let yourself go.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:46:46 PM »
Not too much to do with aging or letting oneself go IMO. A combination of:

-Most of your existing training being unrelated to the exact motions performed.

-Explosive motions that are far more stressful and again that are not part of regular training.'

-We run and move around less and less with age, other than through deliberate exercise. The frequency of this type of exertion's not there. Not so much aging itself but the lifestyle. Do these activities on a regular basis and they'll be no more daunting than regular training.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:48:16 PM »
Bunch of wusses.  ;D

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 04:48:42 PM »
Not too much to do with aging IMO. A combination of:

-Explosive motions that are far more stressful and again that are not part of regular training.'

-We run and move around less and less with age, other than through deliberate exercise. Not so much aging itself but the lifestyle.

spot on observation pumpster

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 05:00:12 PM »
Difference is with 2 weeks of doing that 4 times a week you will be as fit as everyone else with the mad strength and size from the weights that would take the others years to gain.Anything new exercise-wise tends to tire you first few days but you adapt quick.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
football is kinda fun i guess but its not worth getting all banged the fuck up imo. everyone ends up hurt and in pain

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 06:14:54 PM »
Wow, well not exaclty...

Now, mind you I train at the gym 5 days a week, cardio 3-4 times a week 30 minutes, so im in good shape.

This morning, I couldnt get out of bed. My hip flexors where DEAD and sore as shit. Even my entire back was sore..I dont know why, and how it would have to do with sprinting...

I blocked alot, threw some people around  so one of my thumb knuckles is sore/jammed, andmy shoulders are sore as f**k.

Bottom line, Im a mess.

Omg, I must be getting old...haha..or its the fact that I cant remember the last time I ran, and playe dosme physical sport......well, slightlty physical...

Hate to say it, but thats what happends when you don't include some functional training in your routiens.....I've been preaching it for years and it's just fallen on deaf ears around here......you might not compete but you do train like a bodybuilder (I assume) and thats why I say....BODYBUILDERS ARE NOT ATHLETES!!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
Not too much to do with aging or letting oneself go IMO. A combination of:

-We run and move around less and less with age, other than through deliberate exercise. The frequency of this type of exertion's not there. Not so much aging itself but the lifestyle. Do these activities on a regular basis and they'll be no more daunting than regular training.

So true...I was so sick of foolish people saying "your getting old" These are the same fat slobs that dont even set foot in a gym..I warned them "imagine what you will feel like" assholes...

Mr INtensone, I agree, BBS are not athletes...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 06:38:48 PM »
Hate to say it, but thats what happends when you don't include some functional training in your routiens.....I've been preaching it for years and it's just fallen on deaf ears around here......you might not compete but you do train like a bodybuilder (I assume) and thats why I say....BODYBUILDERS ARE NOT ATHLETES!!
and who here on this thread said they were? you know why its fallen on deaf ears? becuase nobody gives a crap.

but really what you say is true... im just trying to justify my inability to accept that my training style no matter how intense or hard it is is not adaptable to function.  :'(
you make great points, people ignore it becuase doing it would be too hard IMO. *sigh*

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »
and who here on this thread said they were? you know why its fallen on deaf ears? becuase nobody gives a crap.

but really what you say is true... im just trying to justify my inability to accept that my training style no matter how intense or hard it is is not adaptable to function.  :'(
you make great points, people ignore it becuase doing it would be too hard IMO. *sigh*

whats scary, is that if we participate regularly in some organized sport, we would really apply the hard work in the gym...Im thinking if i play 2-3 more weekends in a row, I should be in awesome shape for sprinting, etc...I dont thin I will, bc the risk of getting hurt isnt worth it.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »
Wow, well not exaclty...

I blocked alot, threw some people around  so one of my thumb knuckles is sore/jammed, andmy shoulders are sore as f**k.

Bottom line, Im a mess.

What's your weight now? How's the dieting coming along?

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »
ASL :-*
X Board. Integrity is what we do

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 07:43:25 PM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 08:29:17 PM »

neither is Phil Mickelson then

E
E

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »
Wow, well not exaclty...

Bottom line, Im a mess.

If you lost 100 pounds of fat off your body you may be more athletic.
P

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 09:15:42 PM »
neither is Phil Mickelson then

E

Don't make post the reasons why Mickelson is better conditioned and funtionally better than just about any pro out there!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 05:03:29 AM »
I hit the iron hard n heavy 4X a week! Every saturday I do some kickboxing and some "floor"! The only training that gets me sore is the weight training! I played soccer, did swiming, etc. The hardest training is weight training. BBers are athlets, but they need to implement new methodologies. Go very heavy, everything else will look easy. Look at Marius Pudzy. I posted a thread of him with a video on the PL section! He is strong, fit, and he can boxe! Well most of bbers only train in function of juicing, and they are not really strong and their muscles are weak! My opnion!
S

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:16 AM »
Gym muscles are worthless when your look like shit
The Number 2 in Scranton

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 08:38:16 AM »
Don't make post the reasons why Mickelson is better conditioned and funtionally better than just about any pro out there!

post them up :)

E
E

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:36 PM »
.or its the fact that I cant remember the last time I ran, and playe dosme physical sport......well, slightlty physical...

You hit the nail on the head. You can't simulate running by lifting, riding a lifecycle or walking on the treadmill. You actually need to run.
The House that Ruth built