Author Topic: My HIT log  (Read 37294 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: My HIT log
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2006, 02:13:07 PM »
I'm improving as much as I'd ever want to as a natural. HIT is definetely working better than volume training.

You should try it as long as you're able to push your limits.
This is amusing. You are able to say this within WEEKS of training with HIT, let alone months. This makes me doubt your credibility, and whether you're objectively gauging your progress with HIT. I smell an emotional attachment here ;)

Nothing personal though, it really could be that you're making all that great progress, in which case I congratulate u for those gains. Infact I should congratulate you for finding a routine you "enjoy" so much ( I know u wont like my preferred word of choice, since HIT is so hardcore and so painful ;D) but lets try to keep it real here.

Also, great effort on your part, leg etensions to failure w/ all those reps and intensity techniques is definitely takes an insane amt of pain endurance...and to jump on leg presses after wthat with no rest...well, you're insane  ;D
follow the arrows

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2006, 03:21:57 PM »
1980 Arnold won cause he was in better shape and had better mass on the parts that mattered at the time.
just push some weight!

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2006, 03:54:16 PM »
awesome man, i think i'm gonna look into it some more.. figure out a routine, and give it a shot starting next week!

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2006, 05:19:51 PM »
This is amusing. You are able to say this within WEEKS of training with HIT, let alone months. This makes me doubt your credibility, and whether you're objectively gauging your progress with HIT. I smell an emotional attachment here ;)

Nothing personal though, it really could be that you're making all that great progress, in which case I congratulate u for those gains. Infact I should congratulate you for finding a routine you "enjoy" so much ( I know u wont like my preferred word of choice, since HIT is so hardcore and so painful ;D) but lets try to keep it real here.

Also, great effort on your part, leg etensions to failure w/ all those reps and intensity techniques is definitely takes an insane amt of pain endurance...and to jump on leg presses after wthat with no rest...well, you're insane  ;D

Yeah, because I'm training with correct HIT, I'm getting the kind of results that Mentzer has always promised. And he has said to expect gains right from the start, as with any other successful training routine.

Which word better replaces "enjoy", eh?

Yeah, that was hard! Next workout should be even worse!

1980 Arnold won cause he was in better shape and had better mass on the parts that mattered at the time.

What, like legs?  ::)

awesome man, i think i'm gonna look into it some more.. figure out a routine, and give it a shot starting next week!

Good luck and prepare yourself! If you have any questions, pm me.

Check your library for any of his books!
~

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2006, 01:16:02 AM »

Yeah, that was hard! Next workout should be even worse!

Hey bro i know what u mean about legs not being fun, i had to drop me squat right down as im doing heavy leg extensions to failure first, but its creeping back up again lol.

I did
leg extensions 190 for 18, failed, rest/paused then got another 6, failed, rest/paused and got another 4 then totally failed lol.
Squats....only 225 for 9, rest/paused and got another 4, dropped the weight down and got 21 enjoyable reps lol.
One leg at a time Leg press....225 again, this was easy, got 17 with left and 19 with right. ress /paused and got another 9 with each,dropped weight and got 30 with each leg.

V hard moving straight from one exercise to the next with no rest except walking to machine/rack etc.
You really have to lower a couple of weights wen u start and start building them up again, a real ego check.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »
Hey bro i know what u mean about legs not being fun, i had to drop me squat right down as im doing heavy leg extensions to failure first, but its creeping back up again lol.

I did
leg extensions 190 for 18, failed, rest/paused then got another 6, failed, rest/paused and got another 4 then totally failed lol.
Squats....only 225 for 9, rest/paused and got another 4, dropped the weight down and got 21 enjoyable reps lol.
One leg at a time Leg press....225 again, this was easy, got 17 with left and 19 with right. ress /paused and got another 9 with each,dropped weight and got 30 with each leg.

V hard moving straight from one exercise to the next with no rest except walking to machine/rack etc.
You really have to lower a couple of weights wen u start and start building them up again, a real ego check.

davie

You're the only crazy bastard I know who could pre-exhaust quads with 28 reps before squatting for 21 reps!! Unbelievable!

The ego check has to be the hardest thing to overcome while on HIT!
~

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2006, 01:25:59 AM »
You're the only crazy bastard I know who could pre-exhaust quads with 28 reps before squatting for 21 reps!! Unbelievable!

Haha thanks, remember it wasnt just a astraight 28 reps, it was 18 then a rest/pause for 10 seconds then 6 then fail then 10 second rest/pause then 4 more.

squats wer tough even with 225 for 9 parralel reps (im 6'1 so its a long way to go down lol), followed by 10 second rest/pause then 4 more tough reps. Then dropped weight to lighter weight and got the 21 reps.

leg press wasnt much fun done one leg at a time.lol.

Dud ur using positive, static and negative failure....that sounds superhuman to me!!

davie

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »

So with hit you don't do drop sets?  ???

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2006, 01:06:08 PM »
So with hit you don't do drop sets?  ???

I do, after iv failed then rest/paused and failed again.

I think figgs is referring more to Mentzers style of HIT that hes following! In that style u do not use drop sets.

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2006, 01:19:29 PM »

Stepped it up again today bro and increased all my leg weigths b4 todays workouts.

Leg raise....198 for 18 1/2 reps, rest paused for 10 seconds then got another 5 1/2 reps, failed, rest/paused then got another 5 b4 i failed again.

Squat........225 for 12 reps (i only got 9 last week so im 3 reps better this week-booooya lol.), failed then rest/paused and got another 2 reps. Then dropped weight down and got 22 reps.

Unilateral Leg Press..........
(left leg 1st) 242 for 14 1/2 reps, failed, rest/paused then got another 6. Dropped weight down a bit and got 30 more reps, failoed, rest/paused and got another13.

(Right Leg) got 18 reps then failed, then rest/paused and got 10 more. Dropped wight down a bit and got 32 reps,failed then got another 16.

Im once again raising my leg raise weight wen i got to gym next week, +im also upping squat weight and unilateral leg press weight aswell.

V good overall!!

davie

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2006, 06:19:26 PM »
Shoulders and arms

Total training time- 10 minutes

Deltoids-
Machine side laterals- 90 x 7
DB bent over laterals 15 x 14

Biceps-
Nautilus preacher curls- 90 x 8

Triceps-
Cable pressdowns-  60 x 10
machine dips- 155 x 11

I can hardly believe it. One day after this workout my delts are sore. My side delts have gotten sore from only 1 set! By biceps too!

I tried a new machine for my biceps. The nautilus preacher curl. This exercise is unique and very valuable because it offers resistance in the peak contraction position, something that does not exist for free weight bicep exercises. I took advantage of this and used it in the most intense way! My reps would be the usual 4 seconds up and 4 seconds down, only in the peak contraction position I would scqueeeeeze my biceps, while thinking "touch your face!" so that my biceps reach the ultimate contraction position! And THAT was especially painful on my last rep, or "growth rep".

My tricep workout was absolutely insane. Cable pressdowns with textbook form while doing such slow reps makes it burn worse than ever! And to do that to failure and follow it up immediately with machine dips is a real challenge!

Rating- 9 out of 10
~

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2006, 05:57:45 PM »
chest/back

Total training time- 20 minutes

Chest:
Pec deck- 70 x 6
Incline machine press- 70 x 6

Back:
Pullovers- 155 x 6
Close-grip pulldowns- 160 x 3
Deadlifts-   :(

Everything went fine. Every lift increased. And then deadlifts. I got into an argument with an employee of my gym right before I started my working set of deadlifts. The guy told me his job was at risk if his boss sees me still working out. The argument ended with me on my knees telling him how I'm training for competition and that this one set means more to me than he'd ever understand. I did all the talking I could but he just didn't let me do it.

Goddamn I couldn't have ended a workout any worse. This is my first truly shitty workout in a really long time.

I decided to do deadlifts in my training partner's basement, but his bar was too thing and I just couldn't grip it. I had a shitty set. I wanted 315 for 8. I got 5. Fuck.

Striving for perfection will only leave one dissappointed. I'll accept this defeat and use it to fuel my fire. I'm determined to make my next chest/back workout blow this and all the others away. By that I swear. That will be a hell of a workout!

Rating- fuck ratings
~

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2006, 12:23:58 AM »
I haven't read the whole thread Figgs.  Why would some guy lose his job if the gym boss sees you working out?

Before you fuck off the ratings altogether, how do you rate your progress so far?  I assume your diet and sleep is in order, and I'm guessing you're natural (?), so rate the HIT for us.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2006, 12:45:53 AM »
I haven't read the whole thread Figgs.  Why would some guy lose his job if the gym boss sees you working out?

Before you f**k off the ratings altogether, how do you rate your progress so far?  I assume your diet and sleep is in order, and I'm guessing you're natural (?), so rate the HIT for us.

Why rate it in the middle of it? Besides which, it's rather obvious how he feels i'd say.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
chest/back

Total training time- 20 minutes

Chest:
Pec deck- 70 x 6
Incline machine press- 70 x 6

Back:
Pullovers- 155 x 6
Close-grip pulldowns- 160 x 3
Deadlifts-   :(

Everything went fine. Every lift increased. And then deadlifts. I got into an argument with an employee of my gym right before I started my working set of deadlifts. The guy told me his job was at risk if his boss sees me still working out. The argument ended with me on my knees telling him how I'm training for competition and that this one set means more to me than he'd ever understand. I did all the talking I could but he just didn't let me do it.

Goddamn I couldn't have ended a workout any worse. This is my first truly shitty workout in a really long time.

I decided to do deadlifts in my training partner's basement, but his bar was too thing and I just couldn't grip it. I had a shitty set. I wanted 315 for 8. I got 5. f**k.

Striving for perfection will only leave one dissappointed. I'll accept this defeat and use it to fuel my fire. I'm determined to make my next chest/back workout blow this and all the others away. By that I swear. That will be a hell of a workout!

Rating- f**k ratings

Figgs man who the heck cares about that guy. Your training is holy! If they don't allow you to train then switch gyms dammit and ask for a refund.
just push some weight!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2006, 12:31:37 PM »
That really sucks abt the deadlifts dude. Change gyms as soon as possible. None of this planet fitness bullshit  >:(
follow the arrows

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2006, 11:13:46 PM »
Seriously! That guy was a total pussy. That's LA Fitness for ya! Gayest gym in the world. I have all the machines I'll ever need, but it's such an unmotivating training environment. Not unmotivating to the point where I'd have to follow rules like "no grunting". HA!

There's some hardcore trainers. There are other really hard working naturals, but not a lot at all! My training partner and I stand out soo much. We're completely surrounded by all these people who don't know what to make of us.

Before you f**k off the ratings altogether, how do you rate your progress so far?  I assume your diet and sleep is in order, and I'm guessing you're natural (?), so rate the HIT for us.

My results are pretty good. They're not supergains or anything, but it's definitely the best routine I've ever used. I'm getting a lot stronger. I noticed I'm now much stronger at all calisthetics.

I do a lot of calisthetic exercises outside of my HIT routine. I have a weight training class in school. I don't work out there because it has really shitty equipment, but I do a lot of calisthetics there. Nothing to failure, but for fun.

Figgs man who the heck cares about that guy. Your training is holy! If they don't allow you to train then switch gyms dammit and ask for a refund.
That really sucks abt the deadlifts dude. Change gyms as soon as possible. None of this planet fitness bullshit  >:(

I just don't know of any hardcore gyms close to home. There's just soo many people in NY.

Yo Alex, that average looking fool tried sympathizing with me and told me "Look, I work out too, although I don't look like it, so I know how you're feeling." hahaha
~

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #142 on: December 25, 2006, 08:14:08 AM »
Seriously! That guy was a total pussy. That's LA Fitness for ya! Gayest gym in the world. I have all the machines I'll ever need, but it's such an unmotivating training environment. Not unmotivating to the point where I'd have to follow rules like "no grunting". HA!

There's some hardcore trainers. There are other really hard working naturals, but not a lot at all! My training partner and I stand out soo much. We're completely surrounded by all these people who don't know what to make of us.

My results are pretty good. They're not supergains or anything, but it's definitely the best routine I've ever used. I'm getting a lot stronger. I noticed I'm now much stronger at all calisthetics.

I do a lot of calisthetic exercises outside of my HIT routine. I have a weight training class in school. I don't work out there because it has really shitty equipment, but I do a lot of calisthetics there. Nothing to failure, but for fun.

I just don't know of any hardcore gyms close to home. There's just soo many people in NY.

Yo Alex, that average looking fool tried sympathizing with me and told me "Look, I work out too, although I don't look like it, so I know how you're feeling." hahaha

You should have taken your shirt off and humiliated that little bum!
just push some weight!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2006, 10:39:02 PM »
Im thinkin abt starting a journal of my own here. Need a little contrast to the HIT hype around here ;D No, seriously I think it'll be fun... should serve as good motivation not only for myself, but bein the same age and having almost the same amout of training exercise as you, I think we could motivate each other to work harder in the gym. I jsut hope the trolling can be kept to a minimum. I'd like your thoughts on that, and also Merry Christmas!
follow the arrows

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2006, 11:23:12 AM »
Im thinkin abt starting a journal of my own here. Need a little contrast to the HIT hype around here ;D No, seriously I think it'll be fun... should serve as good motivation not only for myself, but bein the same age and having almost the same amout of training exercise as you, I think we could motivate each other to work harder in the gym. I jsut hope the trolling can be kept to a minimum. I'd like your thoughts on that, and also Merry Christmas!

Yes! I recommend you start one! It would be great motivation for everyone here, including myself.

Davie and I exchange workouts which helps to motivate eachother as well. So you're welcome to join the trio!

You should have taken your shirt off and humiliated that little bum!

hahaha yes!
~

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2006, 08:09:53 PM »
Thighs:

Total training time- 5 minutes

Quads:
Leg extensions- 170 x 9
Leg press machine- 330 x 8...390 x 2

Hams:
Lying leg curls- 125 x 7

Rating- 9 out of 10

Great workout! I was prepared for the burn during those leg extensions after my last leg workout. Again, the tempo was 6 seconds up, hold for 3, and 6 seconds down. Just unbelievable.

The leg presses were great. I was going nowhere with the first weight, which was 3 plates shy of full stack on the machine, so I upped the weight to full stack. My first rep was hard as hell! I barely made it without a spot! And my second was even worse! I went for a third but was shot. Nothing left. I collapsed, completely satisfied with my quad workout.

Hams was an intense one set. Nothing compared to quads but excellent for a ham workout.

I would have given myself a rating of 10 if I didn't have to change the weight during leg presses.
~

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2006, 03:23:10 AM »
Thighs:

Total training time- 5 minutes

Quads:
Leg extensions- 170 x 9
Leg press machine- 330 x 8...390 x 2

Hams:
Lying leg curls- 125 x 7

Rating- 9 out of 10

Great workout! I was prepared for the burn during those leg extensions after my last leg workout. Again, the tempo was 6 seconds up, hold for 2, and 6 seconds down. Just unbelievable.

The leg presses were great. I was going nowhere with the first weight, which was 3 plates shy of full stack on the machine, so I upped the weight to full stack. My first rep was hard as hell! I barely made it without a spot! And my second was even worse! I went for a third but was shot. Nothing left. I collapsed, completely satisfied with my quad workout.

Hams was an intense one set. Nothing compared to quads but excellent for a ham workout.

I would have given myself a rating of 10 if I didn't have to change the weight during leg presses.

Very cool bro. I know u say i work legs ahrd, but i dont use a 6 seconds up, 6 seconds down. Now thats nuts!!lol.

Got legs today actually. upping leg raise to 209, looking for 15 reps (hopefully more), upping squat to 231, looking for 12 (hard after extensions). Unilateral leg press using 242, looking for 15 reps a leg.

Yummy lol.

davie

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2006, 11:19:52 PM »
Nice workout.. was that 2 sets of leg presses or one right after the other?
follow the arrows

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »
Very cool bro. I know u say i work legs ahrd, but i dont use a 6 seconds up, 6 seconds down. Now thats nuts!!lol.

Got legs today actually. upping leg raise to 209, looking for 15 reps (hopefully more), upping squat to 231, looking for 12 (hard after extensions). Unilateral leg press using 242, looking for 15 reps a leg.

Yummy lol.

davie

Nice! What do squats feel like when pre-exhausted with leg extensions? I havn't tried that yet because the squat rack is so far away from the leg extension machines.

Nice workout.. was that 2 sets of leg presses or one right after the other?

1 set of leg extensions and 1 set of leg presses. Doesn't sound like much but judging by the way it feels...
~

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2006, 11:26:34 AM »
No, I read that right... I was jsut asking u if u rested in between switching the weight on the leg presses. I guess thats been answered already with the above reply.
follow the arrows