Author Topic: Need help please!!!  (Read 7857 times)

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
Re: Need help please!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 11:42:33 PM »
Post some more pics of other body parts.  Looks like you got a decent build. 

Also, someone mentioned you DONT want to be in ketosis when contest dieting...why not?  Energy levels go up when you're in ketosis because your body is using fat as a fuel.  When you are just eating a very low number of carbs, but arent in ketosis I would think energy would go WAY down b/c carbs are you're fuel and you are limiting them pretty severly, but not enough to enter ketosis. 

I have been dieting on a low carb diet for about 4 months now.  I lost about 30 lbs.  carbs 40g a day usually.  I try to get the majority of the 40 grams in before and after I lift.  My calories went as low as 1500 per day.  I have now sort of hit the wall because my weight has been staying very steady where im at, but i havent been eating as strictly lately with all the holiday food being around.  Seems like ketosis works though.  Everyone once in a while I would just take a day and eat a lot of carbs (200grams maybe) to shock my system, and then go back onto the regular diet.

Explanations on Ketosis and the pros and cons?

heres one
:D

Trev.D

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 02:16:32 AM »
hit juice u pussies..youll never be big like the rest lol youll al just beach bodis .....nottin

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »
hit juice u pussies..youll never be big like the rest lol youll al just beach bodis .....nottin
yeah bro i want some kids first, so ye after that which is not soon

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 06:57:09 PM »
cornebb,

You appear to have a wide upper body and decent quads. You can't afford to neglect hamstrings ...you need thick legs to balance out your width. Lots of natural bodybuilders build nice quads but their legs remain thin because they don't have thickness in the hamstrings. Hamstrings don't look impressive to many people but they contribute greatly to the size of the legs (something like how people neglect triceps, but that's where real arm thickness lies). You cannot have impressive legs without big hamstrings.

I think you should work stiff-legged/romanian/keystone deadlifts hard and progressively, getting a good tight stretch in the hamstrings on each rep. And do at least some of your sets of squats with a wide stance and the bar low on your back - power style. Work them hard. The hamstrings are mostly fast twitch so they respond to heavy weights.

Hamstring size does not come from leg curls. Hamstring size comes from heavy Squats and deads with leg curls only as an accessory.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »
cornebb,

You appear to have a wide upper body and decent quads. You can't afford to neglect hamstrings ...you need thick legs to balance out your width. Lots of natural bodybuilders build nice quads but their legs remain thin because they don't have thickness in the hamstrings. Hamstrings don't look impressive to many people but they contribute greatly to the size of the legs (something like how people neglect triceps, but that's where real arm thickness lies). You cannot have impressive legs without big hamstrings.

I think you should work stiff-legged/romanian/keystone deadlifts hard and progressively, getting a good tight stretch in the hamstrings on each rep. And do at least some of your sets of squats with a wide stance and the bar low on your back - power style. Work them hard. The hamstrings are mostly fast twitch so they respond to heavy weights.

Hamstring size does not come from leg curls. Hamstring size comes from heavy Squats and deads with leg curls only as an accessory.
Thanks for the info mate, thats my goal, to get thickness from the side,