Author Topic: Lee Priest: Updates and Status  (Read 18863 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Lee Priest: Updates and Status
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2006, 12:38:16 PM »
One has nothing to do with the other, Genius....

You just backed up exactly what I've been saying...yes, the IFBB gives opportunity to guys like myself (and Lee) who turn pro, and thus are in a position to sign contracts, endorse products, make the mags, etc, etc,...

The point that I'm in a position NOW is after the fact...the point is...without what the IFBB has to offer, I most likely would NOT have signed a contract with GNC, then BB.com, etc.

Get it??

But you don't have to be an IFBB pro to get contracts.  There are many amatuers with endorsement contracts.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2006, 12:41:33 PM »
There are not "MANY" amateurs with endorsement contracts...not paying one's anyway.

I'm talking about a CONTRACT...as in "one to live on"...not getting free suppplements or a $500 stipend every month...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2006, 01:02:31 PM »
Chic you need to call me.  I have something for you might like.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2006, 01:03:22 PM »
I'm sure nascar is going to come running with contracts once they get a load of this outfit ::)

I never said anything about NASCAR.

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2006, 03:38:14 PM »
One has nothing to do with the other, Genius....

You just backed up exactly what I've been saying...yes, the IFBB gives opportunity to guys like myself (and Lee) who turn pro, and thus are in a position to sign contracts, endorse products, make the mags, etc, etc,...

The point that I'm in a position NOW is after the fact...the point is...without what the IFBB has to offer, I most likely would NOT have signed a contract with GNC, then BB.com, etc.

Get it??

No, I just wanted to show you that you are contradicting yourself.  Earlier you said that the IFBB created Lee and yourself the opportunity to make money, but then when I said that you are worried about your job bc you make money of the IFBB you said no-the IFBB has nothing to do with it.  DO you not think that you will have less opportunity when the IFBB goes down?  You know what, you can catch anybody on the technicality of words on this website and make it seem like their saying something else instead of what they actually mean.-So fine I'll drop the whole contradiction issue.

I agree with your statement about your "position NOW."  But let me ask you,  for arguments sake, If the IFBB goes down, do you not think it would affect you in any way?  The IFBB is a huge part of professional bodybuilding, you are the athletes rep, you make money of hosting shows, being a spokesperson etc etc.  Also you make money from things that are indirectly associated with the IFBB like bb.com, sponsors etc.  I think that you will lose some of your income when the IFBB goes down, that is why I think you have an interest in protecting the IFBB.  You have a tendency to put anything down that comes in the way of the IFBB.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »
I'm sure nascar is going to come running with contracts once they get a load of this outfit ::)

Whats the problem with bringing a little excitment to the shows?? something new and original? I guess you'd rather watch the same thing EVERY time OR you want to sound smart so you posted the only thing you could think of. And what do you care about Lee's  contracts with racing....Thats a totally different business, Why would anything he do in bodybuilding affect his racing?? dumb post on your part, no one even agreed with you, but go ahead...pat yourself on the back.
bodybuildersreality.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »
Of course it would affect me...as well as every other IFBB Pro, Promoter, sponsor, magazines, writers, editors, etc, etc....

Bottom line is...the IFBB isn't going anywhere. The PDI is no threat and for anyone to think they are is simply ridiculous. The best BBers in the world are in the IFBB, and people want to see the best...PERIOD.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2006, 02:34:49 AM »
Yeah it's the best now, and has been for many years at that, but thing can change. Look at the demise of the AAU at the hands of guess which org? ;) They say what goes around comes around... :-\
Team Goodrum!

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2006, 06:13:28 PM »
Of course it would affect me...as well as every other IFBB Pro, Promoter, sponsor, magazines, writers, editors, etc, etc....

Bottom line is...the IFBB isn't going anywhere. The PDI is no threat and for anyone to think they are is simply ridiculous. The best BBers in the world are in the IFBB, and people want to see the best...PERIOD.

Chick your a part of the IFBB and you aren't anywhere near the best

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2006, 06:27:42 PM »
Great...thanks for contributing.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »
Great...thanks for contributing.

CHick, I have seen the fit show several times now and everytime that Jerome is on it he act like a clown

don't you think that he is focused and took his training serious that he would earn his pro card?
Here comes the money shot

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2006, 06:46:53 PM »
CHick, I have seen the fit show several times now and everytime that Jerome is on it he act like a clown

don't you think that he is focused and took his training serious that he would earn his pro card?

Jerome's pproblem isn't training...it's genetics and coming in 10 lbs too big (IMO).

Genetics: His back simply isn't that big, would need 5 lbs. of muscle thickness...He's trained for over 20 years, and very hard at that...just has a small back.

Prep: His best showings have been 10 lbs lighter and as a Heavyweight...bigger he has come in, lower he has placed...needs to come in with more detail to overcome genetics. When he's lighter, his back is more detailed and becomes less of a weakness.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »
Jerome's pproblem isn't training...it's genetics and coming in 10 lbs too big (IMO).

Genetics: His back simply isn't that big, would need 5 lbs. of muscle thickness...He's trained for over 20 years, and very hard at that...just has a small back.

Prep: His best showings have been 10 lbs lighter and as a Heavyweight...bigger he has come in, lower he has placed...needs to come in with more detail to overcome genetics. When he's lighter, his back is more detailed and becomes less of a weakness.

Agreed

AVBG

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2006, 07:11:38 PM »

You've probably have told him this for atleast 12 months now.. Who is giving him the advice? Charles Glass? Tom Prince? .. The question now is will he listen or waste 2007 as Centapani will be claiming at least one of the major pro qualifying titles next year so, two pro qualifiers will be up for grabs.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2006, 07:46:20 PM »
Tom didn't work with him this past show....

Charles works with his training...

I can only offer advices...It's up to him to believe I'm not giving him the wrong advices.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2006, 11:33:59 PM »
I know you guys are good friends Bob, but it seems that no one is working with Tom Prince anymore.

Has everyone lost faith in him, I know Johnny worked with him in the spring but not during the summer and fall.......Jerome worked w/him for the USA but not the Nationals..........who else has dropped ol Tommy boy??

Ignore this question if you want Bob, I know its not cool to talk about your friend like this. Or you can give me a political "I dont know about this" answer, or you can straight up tell me whats going on.....

Either way, thank you, I enjoy your Fitshows and everything u do......

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2006, 07:39:09 AM »
If I may answer Bob on this one.
Tom has no time for preping guys anymore (he's working full time with his wife), he was doing it as a favor for friends and people close to him, he told me that one of the only people he'd still do it for if he asked would be Bob.
Check often for updates @

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2006, 07:58:27 AM »
think of what will become of the PDI in 5 years from now, and we can tell them " I TOLD YOU SO" :-\
Get Big, or Die Trying

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Lee whats the status?
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
I AM NOT TRYING TO GET BACK IN...ME TAKING THEM TO COURT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME WANTING BACK IN...ITS ABOUT THEM BEING WRONG FOR YEARS IN TREATMENT OF ATHLETES..ETC

Good luck in court, Lee (if it makes it that far).
I hope the next WEIDER family portrait is a courtroom sketch!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2020, 11:46:04 AM »
die soon bastard

Henda's first ever comment to Goodrum!  :D  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit