Author Topic: Friday Night Lights and steroids  (Read 5262 times)

STANG50

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Friday Night Lights and steroids
« on: November 14, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »
Anyone catch the new Friday Night Lights ? They showed the running back have a bad game in front of a scout. Next thing you see he shows up at a bodybuilding gym and goes home and starts using steroids.

thisiskeith12

Re: Friday Night Lights and steroids
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 06:25:19 PM »
Anyone catch the new Friday Night Lights ? They showed the running back have a bad game in front of a scout. Next thing you see he shows up at a bodybuilding gym and goes home and starts using steroids.

That's what most people do... DUH! ::)

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:36:30 PM »

That actually pisses me off it just shows the ignorance of the non bodybuilding community

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »
that probably happens with tons of high school kids trying to earn a scholarship

E
E

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:55:02 PM »
that probably happens with tons of high school kids trying to earn a scholarship

E

There was a story in the local paper Monday that the starting quarterback at my alma mater high school was arrested for posession of steroids this past weekend. Apparently he had a huge party at his house, cops came, searched everything and found steroids along with alcohol. Pretty sad as he had major interest from some top SEC schools.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 08:56:13 PM »
There was a story in the local paper Monday that the starting quarterback at my alma mater high school was arrested for posession of steroids this past weekend. Apparently he had a huge party at his house, cops came, searched everything and found steroids along with alcohol. Pretty sad as he had major interest from some top SEC schools.

yea but i bet the kid had a good senior year, can you say that?

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

like who Vanderbilt?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 08:59:29 PM »
yea but i bet the kid had a good senior year, can you say that?

In terms of going to jail, no my senior year was boring.

like who Vanderbilt?

Auburn

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:01:19 PM »

Auburn

top SEC schools. LMAO . . . that's like saying top MAC schools, these days

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 09:02:04 PM »

Auburn

oh, but coming out of the closet was exciting?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 09:04:17 PM »
oh, but coming out of the closet was exciting?
You were there for me, you tell me... :-*

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »
top SEC schools. LMAO . . . that's like saying top MAC schools, these days

umm it is common knowledge that the SEC is the top college football conference in the nation. anyone who says otherwise doesn't even deserve a response

thisiskeith12

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 09:06:51 PM »
umm it is common knowledge that the SEC is the top college football conference in the nation. anyone who says otherwise doesn't even deserve a response

I go to an SEC school and the entire SEC sucks right now. So he's actually right. 4 or 5 years ago, the SEC was top grade.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »
I go to an SEC school and the entire SEC sucks right now. So he's actually right. 4 or 5 years ago, the SEC was top grade.

sensible people like you are no fun.  Now Hunter86, he's funny. 

thisiskeith12

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »
sensible people like you are no fun.  Now Hunter86, he's funny. 

BUT IT'S THE TRUTH AND IT IS A SAD STORY

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 09:11:37 PM »

If this were true then why is almost half of the conference in the top 25 and why would sports illustrated put a cover article out proclaiming it as the best conference in NCAA football history?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 09:13:23 PM »
If this were true then why is almost half of the conference in the top 25 and why would sports illustrated put a cover article out proclaiming it as the best conference in NCAA football history?

Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Louisville could all beat any SEC team right now.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:16:53 PM »
Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Louisville could all beat any SEC team right now.

don't know about rutgers, but W VA can . . . they manhandled the SEC champ last year. 

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 09:18:14 PM »

OSU and Michigan are in a league of their own.

As for Norte Dame the team that should have lost to a god awful Michigan State and a average UCLA there has not been a more overrated team in the last 10 years IMO. 

But I will agree that it is very feisable for any of the those teams to beat any team in the SEC but you must concede that it is intirely feisable for Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU,and Tennessee could beat any of the afore mentioned teams as well

thisiskeith12

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 09:19:35 PM »
OSU and Michigan are in a league of their own.

As for Norte Dame the team that should have lost to a god awful Michigan State and a average UCLA there has not been a more overrated team in the last 10 years IMO. 

But I will agree that it is very feisable for any of the those teams to beat any team in the SEC but you must concede that it is intirely feisable for Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU,and Tennessee could beat any of the afore mentioned teams as well

Arkansas is playing lights out this year. They would own any other team in the SEC. They would put up the best.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
don't know about rutgers, but W VA can . . . they manhandled the SEC champ last year. 

Rutgers is having the greatest year they have ever had in their football history.  They are one of only 4 undefeated teams left in the nation.  And they knocked off Louisville last thursday in probably the best game of the year.  Louisville by the way was ranked 3rd in the nation at the time, and had just recently beaten previously unbeaten W.V.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 09:23:51 PM »
Rutgers is having the greatest year they have ever had in their football history.  They are one of only 4 undefeated teams left in the nation.  And they knocked off Louisville last thursday in probably the best game of the year.  Louisville by the way was ranked 3rd in the nation at the time, and had just recently beaten previously unbeaten W.V.

Great game! Surprising since Brohm came back...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 09:24:49 PM »
ohio state is #1 because I live in Ohio.

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 09:25:55 PM »
Great game! Surprising since Brohm came back...

totally agree the thing I love is that you can't help but to root for Rutgers they are really opening a lot of eyes and their RB Ray Rice is only a soph he is the real deal

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

By that token, Oregon State would be a better team.