Author Topic: how many of you workout at the famous GOLDS GYMS...  (Read 3990 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
how many of you workout at the famous GOLDS GYMS...
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:50:04 PM »
golds gyms has been listed in the guinness book of world records as the biggest chain of gyms worldwide..golds gym from what i have heard have the best equipment and some of the famous pro bodybuilders also workout there..there are only 8 golds gym in my country.damn these gyms are huge too..so how many of you workout at gold gyms..i have a dream to train at the golds...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: how many of you workout at the famous GOLDS GYMS...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 11:51:20 PM »
golds gyms has been listed in the guinness book of world records as the biggest chain of gyms worldwide..golds gym from what i have heard have the best equipment and some of the famous pro bodybuilders also workout there..there are only 8 golds gym in my country.damn these gyms are huge too..so how many of you workout at gold gyms..i have a dream to train at the golds...
most golds suck now... the one near me is nearly totally gay

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:53:14 PM »

The 2 best ones(I've been in at least a dozen): Mountain View, CA and Modesto, CA.

Venice is cool but the overrated 20$ day pass puts a break on your daily fun...  plus there's Prince hanging around all the time  ::)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 11:57:42 PM »
The 2 best ones(I've been in at least a dozen): Mountain View, CA and Modesto, CA.

Venice is cool but the overrated 20$ day pass puts a break on your daily fun...  plus there's Prince hanging around all the time  ::)
you mean that gay singer prince..i hate that homo singer
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:00:05 AM »

I meant Tom Prince smart ass 8) ...

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 12:02:10 AM »
I meant Tom Prince smart ass 8) ...
hahahhahah......tom never came to my mind ;D
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:10:27 AM »

I AGREE WITH THE OVERATED 20 DOLLAR PASS

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:33:21 AM »
They do suck bigtime. The new owners know nothing about the gym industry and have ruined the aura that Gold's once had.  They have moved the majority of the offices to Texas.  In fact allot of the upper management doesn't even work out of the offices.  They only show up once a week and less sometimes and work out of their houses.  It was once (when Pete owned it) the best in the World and now it is shitty.  They are greedy and will soon ruin it totally

dammitman

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:59 AM »
Back in '01-'02, I used to work out at a Gold's in Fort Smith, AR.  I would see Don Youngblood in there all the time.  He was the biggest dude I'd seen in real life and it was great motivation for me.  I felt bad for his family when he died.  I moved from AR in '03 and went back to visit in April this year and there's no longer a Gold's there.  It's now some type of family fitness gym....didn't go in tho.  Didn't want to, really.  I'd rather remember it the way it was.
Everyone is fair game.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:47:06 AM »
My favorite gym is Koloseum Gym in Fullerton. It used to be a Golds. Its a very intense, motivating workout enviroment. ( and there is always alot of pros there)
-

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 12:50:27 AM »
Buddy of mine went to a couple of Golds a few years ago when he was on vacation in Florida with his family. Low quality gyms!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 02:55:04 AM »

hahahhahah......tom never came to my mind ;D

This explains so so much.
I

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 03:02:09 AM »
ha ha ha

I train at Golds.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 03:05:16 AM »
ha ha ha

I train at Golds.

I don't know how but this has gayed up an already gay thread started by shadow ;D

Gold's is alright, better then most pussy ass gyms you see these days but not really hardcore at all :-\
I

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 05:17:30 AM »

Any Gold's are still way better than Fitness First or better known as Fagness First here LOL! FF is spreading big time in Asia..like wild mushrooms. :P :-X
P

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 11:14:55 AM »
There is no gym anywhere like golds gym venice.  Hek, I would pay the $20  if I wasn't able to walk in through the back door that is left open all the time when they empty the trash and forget to close it.  I miss that place since movin to Vegas

Now that I'm in Las Vegas, I belong to Golds as well as the Las Vegas Athletic Club.  They have better machines than Golds does here, and comparable free weights.  And if you go to LVAC in Henderson near the Greenvally Ranch, there are Hot Show Chicks Everywhere, EVERYDAY!

In the summer, it is great to catch some ray's outside and do some benchin or curls at the Pit on Venice Beach.   
Most are all show no go!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 11:46:44 AM »
I go to a GOld's.  Its less of a "meat market" than the others in the area, has some real people in and working it...but the music sucks.  I workout around 10am and its mostly guys in their thirties and the senior's class (which I dig a lot...tons of great people) but the music they play...Brittney Spears and the male equivalents.  I could understand if it was later in the day and the place was lined with women on the cardio machine (which it is after 6pm)...but in the meantime, Im standing around with these other guys lifting listening to "Hit me baby" or Gwen STefani or Ricky Martin crap.

Just started to bring my MP3 player....its all better now :)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 11:54:12 AM »
shit, it's hard to find a good gold's these days. There's a new one just open in my area, and there was a lot of hype about it. I went to see if I could transfer from my current gold's, shit, I was very disappointed to say the most. the weight room is very shitty, and they have way too many machines. I decided to stick with the current gold's. What has Gold's gym coming to...
Get Big, or Die Trying

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:21 PM »
I go to Gold's

it's affordable and its 24 hours
X

STANG50

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
Buddy of mine went to a couple of Golds a few years ago when he was on vacation in Florida with his family. Low quality gyms!

Where did he go freespirit? I live in Lakeland ( between Tampa & Orlando ) our Gold's isn't bad. There aren't any pros in here but it is equiped pretty good. It has all types of people working out at different levels any time of the day too.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 01:35:21 PM »
I like Gold's our gym has been opened for at least 10 years
X

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 01:39:58 PM »
my golds is split up in two sections. on one side is the bodybuilding section where you can use chalk and theres lots of heavy freeweights. the other side is where the fat and old people can go.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »
I worked/worked out at a Gold's before it sold to PLANET FAGNESS...

Now there's a new Gold's franchise in the area doing very well...but I don't train there.  It's always packed...
i

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »
I worked/worked out at a Gold's before it sold to PLANET FAGNESS...

Now there's a new Gold's franchise in the area doing very well...but I don't train there.  It's always packed...
It wouldn't have sold to planet fitness corporate the gold's owners would have dropped out of golds and converted to planet fitness the way mike katz did.

Planet fitness corporate (a private company owned by 2 brothers and a partner) only own 6 of the gyms themselves in NH. The rest are owned by individuals who pay $25000 upfront for the name and a cut every month of their profits...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 03:10:24 PM »
I like my golds

I do hardly ever see anyone squat though
X