Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: PS3.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:02:54 PM »
I've spoken with several Target and Walmart stores and most stores are getting 15 units. They told me that previous lines began forming the night before (Thursday night). With PS3s on ebay fetching $1500-2500 and the occasional one going for as much as $10,000, this is a sure thing. Fortunately I have already pre-sold 7 units that I had pre-purchased. Nonetheless, the greedy bastard in me has caused me to offer standing bribes to no less than 50 Target and Walmart employees offering compensation of a FREE PS3 for them for every TWO they hold for me.

Special "Thanks PS3 for the Porsche Downpayment" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
people around here are waiting in line at best buy already

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »
Hopefully Hedgehog doesn't move this.  ::)

This is an easy way to score $1,000 on EBAY.  Should I start waiting at Wal-Mart at midnight?

you're too late, you'll never get one now. a lot of stores aren't even going to be able to fill their pre-orders.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:07:02 PM »
How much are they on the shelf?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »
Hedgehog, just make an exception for THIS POST since it will get more traffic in the main board.

why tho bro...whats the point to this thread besides you may make some coin?

Ive been to Thunder Bay by the way *no expression smiley*

Slick Vic

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »
Hopefully Hedgehog doesn't move this.  ::)

This is an easy way to score $1,000 on EBAY.  Should I start waiting at Wal-Mart at midnight?

You should start NOW! I seen on the local news that people have been camping out since this afternoon!  :o

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 07:50:17 PM »
You should start NOW! I seen on the local news that people have been camping out since this afternoon!  :o

I know this chick who works at a blockbuster/gamerush store and I offered her 2 hundred bucks to hold me a copy and she was like no offense, but I have been offer three times that! But she said she couldn't do a thing, cuz they were only getting 15 copies and no preorders.
E

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 08:00:10 PM »
Are you a Canadian?  If not, why were you in TBAY?

I have Can citizenship

I stopped there when I drove across that mighty land. Needed a break after the long ass trek thru Ot.

Besides I had to check out the town Bran Van made famous :)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 08:21:03 PM »
My brother and I are going tommorow night to the Circuit City in my town around 8. They're going on sale at 8 a.m. on Friday so it's just overnight. Dumping them right on to ebay seeing as there are no good launch games even. I can wait a few months for one.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:35:16 PM »
My brother and I are going tommorow night to the Circuit City in my town around 8. They're going on sale at 8 a.m. on Friday so it's just overnight. Dumping them right on to ebay seeing as there are no good launch games even. I can wait a few months for one.

Good luck.

People are already camping for them.
HAHA, RON.....

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »
Good luck.

People are already camping for them.

WOWZORZ, THANKS FOR STATING THE OBVIOUS. It's a shame that I've only called the store in question and people aren't allowed to line up until it closes, but thanks for that gigantic tidbit of info!!!!!!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »
WOWZORZ, THANKS FOR STATING THE OBVIOUS. It's a shame that I've only called the store in question and people aren't allowed to line up until it closes, but thanks for that gigantic tidbit of info!!!!!!!

Which store would that be?

Also, did you know there are people camping out as I type this? Also, there are some assholes who think they are going to get one at the last fucking minute and try to sell it off for profit?
HAHA, RON.....

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 02:24:32 PM »
man it is great that I work in a store that sells them I am getting 2 and I dont have to wait in line to get them I just get there about 15 mns early and give the electronics guy an extra 50$ and get both of them

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »
looks like most on ebay makes a thousand bucks on selling it
Z

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »
I've spoken with several Target and Walmart stores and most stores are getting 15 units. They told me that previous lines began forming the night before (Thursday night). With PS3s on ebay fetching $1500-2500 and the occasional one going for as much as $10,000, this is a sure thing. Fortunately I have already pre-sold 7 units that I had pre-purchased. Nonetheless, the greedy bastard in me has caused me to offer standing bribes to no less than 50 Target and Walmart employees offering compensation of a FREE PS3 for them for every TWO they hold for me.

Special "Thanks PS3 for the Porsche Downpayment" Ed

You are correct. I spoke to my lil bro in northern florida. They sat out overnight. He was number 14 his buddy 15. Said the line was 40 deep. He told the security guard that they need to atleast find out how many units the store had and tell everybody because mofo's might riot for waiting two days and plus the "dealers/thugs" were turning up after a hard night of slangin..... LOL!!!

Turns out they had only 12 and 3 were on reserve. I told my lil bro, he probably saved lives up there. LMAO.

RAMPAGE23

• Getbig II
  • GOD'S SOLDIER
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »
i pre-orderd mine awhile ago but sony has now delayed the release in australia to march 07 as they cant get enought parts for the blue-ray device.
AUSTRALIA

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 09:12:40 PM »
i pre-orderd mine awhile ago but sony has now delayed the release in australia to march 07 as they cant get enought parts for the blue-ray device.

I asked my local Harvey Norman (Australia) yesterday when I was making my other sweet sweet purchase about ps3 pre-orders and they told me it would be first in first serve, however he's going to make sure I get one since I spent 3k in there yesterday

bless him and his firstborn child

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 03:56:04 PM »
Z

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »
http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2944

LMAO! Awesome LOL.

I was telling a bud earlier today. Sony better step up the program. Already a year behind and this batch they released is probably all glitched up. Microsoft USA will kill them (as far as this generations 360 vs PS3). I expect them to call the first few batches back for defect recalls or some sh*t and then microsoft will lower the price on 360's. Heard Sony is losing like $150 -250 per unit or something like that.

Tried to HOG the system and fell flat on their face. I saw one on demo, and it was pretty tight though. I'm giving them the benefit, but that delay sh*t from last year kinda got me thinking. I also heard they shipped less than estimated 400,000 more like 300,000. This is a lose...lose for Sony. Not sure how they will re coop for over HOGGING this system.

Good thing is when they price drop it, we'll be getting 2X the value system. Thanks Sony. Hope you don't take too much of a hit this year.  ;)

body88

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »
LMAO! Awesome LOL.

I was telling a bud earlier today. Sony better step up the program. Already a year behind and this batch they released is probably all glitched up. Microsoft USA will kill them (as far as this generations 360 vs PS3). I expect them to call the first few batches back for defect recalls or some sh*t and then microsoft will lower the price on 360's. Heard Sony is losing like $150 -250 per unit or something like that.

Tried to HOG the system and fell flat on their face. I saw one on demo, and it was pretty tight though. I'm giving them the benefit, but that delay sh*t from last year kinda got me thinking. I also heard they shipped less than estimated 400,000 more like 300,000. This is a lose...lose for Sony. Not sure how they will re coop for over HOGGING this system.

Good thing is when they price drop it, we'll be getting 2X the value system. Thanks Sony. Hope you don't take too much of a hit this year.  ;)

They are losing over 300 a unit. Costs over 800 to build. All these geeks better thank the great god technology for releasing this product for you to spend millions of hours wasting!!!!!

RAMPAGE23

• Getbig II
  • GOD'S SOLDIER
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 07:50:01 PM »
I asked my local Harvey Norman (Australia) yesterday when I was making my other sweet sweet purchase about ps3 pre-orders and they told me it would be first in first serve, however he's going to make sure I get one since I spent 3k in there yesterday

bless him and his firstborn child

Your a lucky man then, there gonna sell like hot cakes when it is released in aus. I pre orderd mine from toys r us and i was second on the list. If i dont get one im gonna be pissed.
AUSTRALIA

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 09:56:52 PM »
yeah but has anybody got one..is it any good.  Still cheaper then any blur ray DVD right now..correct.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 12:58:44 AM »
w

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 01:23:23 AM »
How much are they on the shelf?

A guy I work with has his today and he paid $599 for it....stupid if you ask me. He had reserved his some how ahead of time at a game shop and he also traded in his xbox360 and all his stuff for it.The price was $599 but after his trade he has about half that in it.