Author Topic: how do some bb/guys get beefy, thick pecs? and some don't?  (Read 2677 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
how do some bb/guys get beefy, thick pecs? and some don't?
« on: November 16, 2006, 08:20:09 AM »
just wondering why some bb pecs ( example johnnie jackson) are very thick, beefy and some pros aren't. for instance, i'm talking about pecs that from the side are so thick, they JUT OUT like women's breasts almost! of course it's muscle and not fat.

there's even a dude at my gym whose pecs from the side i swear must jut out four inches! and no, he's not that huge everywhere else even though he's been working out for over 10 years and is on the juice. but then my best friend whose natural and competes and has also been working out for 10 years or more still doesnt' have huge, beefy, thick pecs and also does not have how should i say that indention, dimple, line that gives pecs their shape. so what is the answer?

but anyway, how does one get those particular kinds of pecs? it is mostly a genetic thing, is it the way you train them ( thousands of flyes,pec decks, etc. over the years) is it perhaps the use of gear? a combination of all these? comments and answers from you experts please!thanks in advance!

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
Re: how do some bb/guys get beefy, thick pecs? and some don't?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »
Flyes have to be performed correctly,
due to the large rom there is a bigger chance that you hurt the cartilage of your shoulder if you go heavy with shitty form.

Also don't think that back in the day's everything was better, AAS was legal and they made good advantage of it. Arnold was able to press over 500lbs and his sidekick was also able to move a shitload of weight (remember a movie colombo was pressing +300 and Arnold was making fun of him). Knowadays there aren't a lot of people with those types of physiques who are able to do that without gear.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:40:30 AM »
Mainly genetics, along with hard training and drugs.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:24:21 AM »

Keep in mind that back in the days it was unusual to weigh over 220lbs. Arnold was a freak, the hulk (lou ferrigno) was also a genetic freak. If you visit some competitions and watch the middleweight-class or light-heavyweight class,
it was much more common to see complete physique.

Don't take the olympia as your standard,
the main problem is the gain in waist (belly). Flex Wheeler had a massive chest, Levrone the same story, Darrem Charles also
and the thing in common was a tiny waist. The chest of Coleman or Cutler might be bigger, but is less impressive.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »
Keep in mind that back in the days it was unusual to weigh over 220lbs. Arnold was a freak, the hulk (lou ferrigno) was also a genetic freak. If you visit some competitions and watch the middleweight-class or light-heavyweight class,
it was much more common to see complete physique.

Don't take the olympia as your standard,
the main problem is the gain in waist (belly). Flex Wheeler had a massive chest, Levrone the same story, Darrem Charles also
and the thing in common was a tiny waist. The chest of Coleman or Cutler might be bigger, but is less impressive.

Also back then we worked the upper body more I think.  Legs were trained but were not as imporatant as the top.  Bench press was definitely the most popular exercise.  Guys wanted to look good on top so trained more for that.  Also, genetics does have allot to do with it.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:28:01 AM »
the answer:  Muscletech!
X