Author Topic: Countdown: Fox News Caught Creating False News 11-15-06  (Read 2926 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Countdown: Fox News Caught Creating False News 11-15-06
« on: November 16, 2006, 03:52:20 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Countdown: Fox News Caught Creating False News 11-15-06
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 04:18:38 PM »
LOL... More confirmation...  I can't help but notice Rush also, in the same time period, had the same spin as delivered here by Mr. Intenseone... Well Well Well... We have state ran media, and state ran assholes... YIPPIE!!!!  :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »
240, this is probably why you shouldn't put 4 hours into fox news per day... Sure pick a variety of media sources, but when the news channel makes the news for the day before the day, it's not news.  It's entertainment, no different than The Daily Show only the Daily show is upfront that they are fake news.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
LOL... More confirmation...  I can't help but notice Rush also, in the same time period, had the same spin as delivered here by Mr. Intenseone... Well Well Well... We have state ran media, and state ran assholes... YIPPIE!!!!  :D

And when some NOT subjected to the constant barage of false propaganda, who has access to a variety of news sources, tells you that information is false, they are accused of bashing America.  ::)
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 04:35:03 PM »
and state ran assholes... YIPPIE!!!!  :D

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
S

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »
I didn't see any fake news. I saw them putting a slant onthe news as every other news station and show does. If they spoke in a monotone voice reading just facts noone would watch. THey stated the Dems took house (fact), We are waitin to see their plan for Iraq (fact)...where did they make something up?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »
I didn't see any fake news. I saw them putting a slant onthe news as every other news station and show does. If they spoke in a monotone voice reading just facts noone would watch. THey stated the Dems took house (fact), We are waitin to see their plan for Iraq (fact)...where did they make something up?

I agree.  Where is the "smoking gun"?  Fox News has a conservative bias.  Who knew?

"What is the Dems plans for Iraq"?  Legit question.  Big deal. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »
And when some NOT subjected to the constant barage of false propaganda, who has access to a variety of news sources, tells you that information is false, they are accused of bashing America.  ::)
::)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »
It's in the work description of Journalists to try to stay objective.

What Fox News is doing is wrong. They are spinning the events to fit a certain agenda.

They not only do that, they also call themselves "Fair and Balanced".

The media is often called the fourth legal branch, and one of the most important functions of the media, is to critically look into the actions of the three other branches.

It gets wrecked if one of the biggest News stations, one of the major gatekeepers of news, decides to function as a propaganda machine instead of asking the questions.

Fox News isn't doing its job, and the credibility of the station is getting lower. Even the viewers of Fox News are aware that there is a bias, but accepts it, sometimes because they think they share similar values.

What happens when Fox News change their agenda? Will they be able to brainwash all these Republican supporters into moderate Democrats? Who knows.

It doesn't matter. Fox News is filth, regardless of which party or whos agenda it supports.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »
It didn't say fake, it said false.

false adjective, fals‧er, fals‧est, adverb
–adjective

4.   tending to deceive or mislead; deceptive: a false impression.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 06:29:34 PM »

What Fox News is doing is wrong. They are spinning the events to fit a certain agenda.

The media is often called the fourth legal branch, and one of the most important functions of the media, is to critically look into the actions of the three other branches.

It gets wrecked if one of the biggest News stations, one of the major gatekeepers of news, decides to function as a propaganda machine instead of asking the questions.

Fox News isn't doing its job, and the credibility of the station is getting lower. Even the viewers of Fox News are aware that there is a bias, but accepts it, sometimes because they think they share similar values.

What happens when Fox News change their agenda? Will they be able to brainwash all these Republican supporters into moderate Democrats? Who knows.

It doesn't matter. Fox News is filth, regardless of which party or whos agenda it supports.

YIP
Zack

I hope to be as smart as you someday.  :D
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 06:31:29 PM »

YIP
Zack

Well said... We really have a media crisis in America with Fox being the very worst and the other networks not being far behind.  Government corruption has largely been enabled by the corporate media.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »
Hhahahahahahahah.....is that the best you clowns can do?? Olberman does it all the time, PMSNBC's ratings are in the shitter so they have to try and have a scape goat, I guess FOX is it, they could go after Al Jezzra, but why narc on one of their own?

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »
It didn't say fake, it said false.

false adjective, fals‧er, fals‧est, adverb
–adjective

4.   tending to deceive or mislead; deceptive: a false impression.

Main Entry:   FALSE
Part of Speech:   adjective 1
Definition:   wrong
Synonyms:   apocryphal, beguiling, bogus, casuistic, concocted, cooked-up, counterfactual, deceitful, deceiving, delusive, dishonest, distorted, erroneous, ersatz, fake, fallacious, fanciful, faulty, fictitious, fishy, fraudulent, illusive, imaginary, improper, inaccurate, incorrect, inexact, invalid, lying, mendacious, misleading, misrepresentative, mistaken, phony, sham, sophistical, specious, spurious, trumped up, unfounded, unreal, unsound, untrue, untruthful
Antonyms:   accurate, correct, factual, precise, right, true, valid

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 08:19:33 PM »
I understand it could also mean Fake, but in this case it meant to deceive.
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »
Hhahahahahahahah.....is that the best you clowns can do?? Olberman does it all the time, PMSNBC's ratings are in the shitter so they have to try and have a scape goat, I guess FOX is it, they could go after Al Jezzra, but why narc on one of their own?

Al Jazeera is one of the most credible news sources in the world.

Arab nations used to always accuse them of being a CIA operation when they first started because they always had news about Israel, and often ran pieces on Israel always providing fair and balanced journalism. As soon as they started reporting truthful and embarrasing things about the West, Western interests labelled them the Al Queda network.

Most of the footage you see on FoxNews and other western TV news outlets, actually comes FROM Al Jazeera.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 08:31:25 PM »
When Rush said he was tired of carrying the water for republicans - for saying he supported arguments he didn't really believe, I lost a lot of respect for him.

it's like - if he is a strong neocon, okay, i disagree, but I can respect his opinion.

But when he admits he has been essentially lying - defending arguments he disagrees with and putting out messages that were wrong - well, I don't trust him.

And weird that he only defended these until the repubs lost.  if they had won, he'd still be lying :(

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 08:34:19 PM »

Yeah, for propaganda, jeez Jag, I think it's time you come out of the closet and admit your infactuation for communism and dictators, now I know why your so screwed!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

Arab nations used to always accuse them of being a CIA operation when they first started because they always had news about Israel, and often ran pieces on Israel always providing fair and balanced journalism. As soon as they started reporting truthful and embarrasing things about the West, Western interests labelled them the Al Queda network.

Most of the footage you see on FoxNews and other western TV news outlets, actually comes FROM Al Jazeera.

I honestly don't understand why he would talk shit about a news station he has never watched??? LOL

You know we bombed Al Jazeera when we first went into Iraq, it wasn't on any lists, they said it was a mistake.  It killed a few innocent journalists.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 08:37:11 PM »
Yeah, for propaganda, jeez Jag, I think it's time you come out of the closet and admit your infactuation for communism and dictators, now I know why your so screwed and a terrorist sympathizer!

How much Al Jazeera have you watched Mr.I?
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 08:38:12 PM »
Bill Oreilly admitted it three weeks ago.

"I think there is too much liberal bias in the news.  What we do here is try to even the score"

He also listed some stats he found that 50% of the news on repubs is bad, and only 12% of the news on dems was bad.  Well, the repubs controlled the military, white house, and congress at the time.  If the war was wildly successful, we'd be hearing that.  But their name is on the deed for this war.

So yes, oreilly admitted it was the job of his show to level the playing field.  Essentially, he's right propaganda, and admits it.  people who watch are okay with that.  They do not want to hear things which are contrary to their comfort zone.

that's why i watch cnn (2 hours), fox (4 hours), and msnbc (2 hours) each day as I work.  I want to see all sides. and i've been seeing the fox slant for a long time now. it is what it is, neocon news.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 08:39:36 PM »

Why do you think Al Jazeera is biased?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 08:40:01 PM »
Control Room Trailer:

Control Room full movie:
S

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »
I understand it could also mean Fake, but in this case it meant to deceive.

Then dont quote a dictionary.

How did they mislead. Because they didn't put a liberal spin on it? Everyone knows fox is a conservative station. "Fair and Balanced" is a news slogan. But they certainly aren't misleading the american people. Phrasing a headline a different way is what every news station does. This is liberals attempting to attack Fox News for being the most watch news channel. And it wasa poor attempt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
You know we bombed Al Jazeera when we first went into Iraq, it wasn't on any lists, they said it was a mistake.  It killed a few innocent journalists.

Remember when the palenstine hotel in Baghdad was hit with a shell?

Well, there is videotape of a US tank firing that round.  It slowly took aim, fired, and the shell killed a prominent aljazerra reporter and wounded others.  Hit their balcony and room.

The problem is, the US said their tank was fired on, and the shell was an errant response.  The problem is, there are zero sounds of any firing. You hear traffic, ambient noise, etc, and then the US tank just fires on the one media source which it disagreed with.  And it was recorded by some euro camera crew.  anyone have that clip?

IMO, there should have been a SERIOUS investigaiton as to why that shell was fired. I'm not defending or accusing anyone. But when there is videotape of a quiet day, then a US tank fires a shell at a journalist hotel, killing one crew it disagrees with, then lies about the circumstances, that is a serious fucking problem.

My country is better than that.  And every American should be pissed our fighting men aren't held to a higher standard.